* * * * - 24 votes

Japanese Niche Games Deals & Discussion Thread 4.0

#19171 Olengie   Your Waifu is Kusoge. Except Mine CAGiversary!   9868 Posts   Joined 5.4 Years Ago  

Posted 12 October 2017 - 09:37 PM

Probably purposely change something up and do like what they did with Atelier Rorona where they renamed Esti Erhard to Esty Dee.

See no relation between Erhard and Dee.

#19172 Draekon   Kung-Fu Panda CAGiversary!   5236 Posts   Joined 11.8 Years Ago  

Posted 12 October 2017 - 09:53 PM

So I saw the apology, but how bad was the translation? Was it really that bad? Any examples or articles detailing how bad it was? I like to laugh at Nisa sometimes.

It was very bland and literal, like it has no editing done to it. The common images passed around can be seen here. However that's only a few of them. They completely changed the name of several things to be vastly different than what they were originally. Those include the words "Notions", "Energy", "Ancient Species" and "The Great Tree of Beginnings." Unfortunately I don't remember what those words replaced are, but those four words are pretty commonly used words in the game. Though I want to say ancient species should have been "Ancient Dragons" and it wouldn't surprise me if the Great Tree of Beginnings was supposed to have been Yggdrasil.

#19173 Supplice   Hmph CAGiversary!   4089 Posts   Joined 7.9 Years Ago  

Supplice

Posted 12 October 2017 - 10:03 PM

Tokyo Xanadu eX+ for PS4 Gets North American Release Date; More Info on PC Promised

#19174 nitrosmob   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   7962 Posts   Joined 11.3 Years Ago  

Posted 12 October 2017 - 10:13 PM

Cool early December then....fine with me.

#19175 BlackRockWaifu   Advocate for the Black Friday Champion Fredyyy CAGiversary!   2735 Posts   Joined 4.1 Years Ago  

BlackRockWaifu

Posted 13 October 2017 - 12:19 AM

Got my Cyberdimension Neptunia CE in, super neat collector's edition! Probably the best looking CE from the Nep franchise (although I say that everytime...) The art book is big and delightful, the usb and stand are pretty cool. The box is absolutely gorgeous. And yes, they included the fixed-print soundtrack outside the box.

Here are some pictures:

paUyITx.png

Hlj6gTr.png

If you guys have any questions about the CE, or want to see any pages in the artbook, just feel free to ask!

A little plug, but I'll be streaming this game on my twitch channel. You can follow me here: www.twitch.tv/superswanton Thanks!

Check out my new album! BRW Tries Español (Horribly)

Flips Won't Die - Suckira     Incognito - BRW Fonsi Ft. Nico Yazawa

Check out the CAG Backloggers Anonymous Group! Game of August: Final Fantasy Type-0

AWD Unboxing Video      AWD Unboxing 2: The Revenge     Nier Automata: Black Box CE Unboxing

#19176 TooPoor   ∀ Game, ∃ Buy Price CAGiversary!   11098 Posts   Joined 5.9 Years Ago  

Posted 13 October 2017 - 12:22 AM

Wish I had the funds for it, girls looking beautiful and cute as always.

Mathematically Correct.

Use factual statements, logical deductions, mathematical calculations and objective analysis; not rage.

My Trade List Currently inactive, no time to play any games _(:3」∠)_

NI_YA_SHA_BI.png

#19177 gpn   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   135 Posts   Joined 14.0 Years Ago  

Posted 13 October 2017 - 12:33 AM

The voice doesn't quite fit. Everything about her design is perfect except her voice.

Can't properly judge an ojousama voice without at least one "ohoho".

#19178 Covnam   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   1127 Posts   Joined 12.7 Years Ago  

Posted 13 October 2017 - 02:14 AM

Got my Nep LE and the artbook is upside down  :headache: It's like it was flipped horizontally and then inserted into the hard cover (so the first page is the upside down last page)

Can anyone who's dealt with Iffy's support before let me know what I'm in for?

#19179 Kaiser499   Gaming Guru CAGiversary!   3694 Posts   Joined 8.5 Years Ago  

Posted 13 October 2017 - 02:19 AM

Wish I had the funds for it, girls looking beautiful and cute as always.

It's sold out now.

NnZPC5V.png

Check Out My Gaming Stream

Kaiser499.png

#19180 TooPoor   ∀ Game, ∃ Buy Price CAGiversary!   11098 Posts   Joined 5.9 Years Ago  

Posted 13 October 2017 - 04:08 AM

It's sold out now.

Umm...even if it is not, I still can't afford it.

Mathematically Correct.

Use factual statements, logical deductions, mathematical calculations and objective analysis; not rage.

My Trade List Currently inactive, no time to play any games _(:3」∠)_

NI_YA_SHA_BI.png

#19181 shadowysea07   Cjenvy I'm ready for you awd this time I'm wearing pants CAGiversary!   4021 Posts   Joined 4.5 Years Ago  

shadowysea07

Posted 13 October 2017 - 05:24 AM

It was very bland and literal, like it has no editing done to it. The common images passed around can be seen here. However that's only a few of them. They completely changed the name of several things to be vastly different than what they were originally. Those include the words "Notions", "Energy", "Ancient Species" and "The Great Tree of Beginnings." Unfortunately I don't remember what those words replaced are, but those four words are pretty commonly used words in the game. Though I want to say ancient species should have been "Ancient Dragons" and it wouldn't surprise me if the Great Tree of Beginnings was supposed to have been Yggdrasil.

Oh I didn't know those characters shared the same va in cold steel.  Weird.  Especially since I think they spoke during the same scenes at times.  And just wow at some of those errors.  But hey at least it isn't kangaroo war level or penetration level bad.

Currently on the look out for a decent price on Pokemon XD Gale of Darkness.  

#19182 shadowysea07   Cjenvy I'm ready for you awd this time I'm wearing pants CAGiversary!   4021 Posts   Joined 4.5 Years Ago  

shadowysea07

Posted 13 October 2017 - 05:29 AM

Whoops my mistake you were on meracles planet.  that is planet #4 so you were about 50% into the game.  roak easily eats up tons of hours just from the arena alone.  Since in order to do the arena you have to play it solo with all 9? party members and get them so far in then use whoever your favorite is and redo the same match over and over and over until the rank 1 battle unlocks.  Similar thing with the team arena only without having to use all characters.

Currently on the look out for a decent price on Pokemon XD Gale of Darkness.  

#19183 Supplice   Hmph CAGiversary!   4089 Posts   Joined 7.9 Years Ago  

Supplice

Posted 13 October 2017 - 08:19 AM

Samurai Warriors: Spirit of Sanada, Dynasty Warriors 8: Empires, and Warriors Orochi 3 Ultimate Receive Switch Trailers

Nintendo Switch Exclusive Super Mario Odyssey Gets a Ton of Gameplay from Nintendo

Cave announces new project code-named 3jus

Digimon Story: Cyber Sleuth Hacker’s Memory Japanese limited edition fully detailed

Chaos;Child Launches for PlayStation 4 and PlayStation Vita in Europe with a New Trailer

Spoiler

Xenoblade Chronicles 2 introduces the rare Blade Uka

Senran Kagura Peach Beach Splash Gets Three New Team Trailers Showing Cheeky Wet Action

Spoiler

#19184 nagpo  

Posted 13 October 2017 - 02:49 PM

Gamcenter DX? Where is Arino?

Check out my Ebay profile!

For sale now:

The World of Final Fantasy - Vita

The Slayers complete first season! + More!

#19185 EdJericho   2.5D Seiyuu Fanboy CAGiversary!   718 Posts   Joined 4.5 Years Ago  

Posted 13 October 2017 - 10:42 PM

Atlus USA to launch Atlus Online Store on October 16

Morgana and Jack Frost plushies.

ed882e4e8058564af33f58b8adf6332b6814553a

Gamcenter DX? Where is Arino?

GameCenter DX is just a spin off web show where they promote upcoming Nintendo games.

a2JEVSf.gifT6rlETZ.gif

#19186 podunk320   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   217 Posts   Joined 9.7 Years Ago  

podunk320

Posted 14 October 2017 - 12:09 AM

GameCenter DX is just a spin off web show where they promote upcoming Nintendo games.

"If an item is marked as “Sold Out” or “No Longer Available,” it will return. Atlus says that its goal is to “make sure everyone can buy the items they want."

Man Nintendo needs to take a cue from Atlus. This is how you communicate to your fans if a hot item(s) is gonna be in high demand or production quantity is gonna be low from the start. This way we dont have scalpers trying to grab everything and reselling for high prices and no one needs to panick trying to get what they want

#19187 chrislaustin   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   5173 Posts   Joined 11.9 Years Ago  

chrislaustin

Posted 14 October 2017 - 12:33 AM

"If an item is marked as “Sold Out” or “No Longer Available,” it will return. Atlus says that its goal is to “make sure everyone can buy the items they want."

Man Nintendo needs to take a cue from Atlus. This is how you communicate to your fans if a hot item(s) is gonna be in high demand or production quantity is gonna be low from the start. This way we dont have scalpers trying to grab everything and reselling for high prices and no one needs to panick trying to get what they want

Honestly, that makes to much sense, and "N" does not operate in that capacity, sadly.

#19188 The Dead Texan   Rest in Peace, Big Rizzle CAGiversary!   3520 Posts   Joined 8.9 Years Ago  

The Dead Texan

Posted 14 October 2017 - 01:08 AM

ed882e4e8058564af33f58b8adf6332b6814553a

Took em long enough. Shame they did absolutely nothing for a decade while everyone on etsy already cleaned up. 

#19189 chrislaustin   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   5173 Posts   Joined 11.9 Years Ago  

chrislaustin

Posted 14 October 2017 - 01:40 AM

Took em long enough. Shame they did absolutely nothing for a decade while everyone on etsy already cleaned up. 

Better late than never..........Right? LOL

#19190 Commodore Wheeler   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   1160 Posts   Joined 5.3 Years Ago  

Commodore Wheeler

Posted 14 October 2017 - 05:59 AM

...hmm. Can't decide between PS4 or Switch for the new Harvest Moon. Which console is it more at home on?

I don't know if this helps you at all, but personally, I'm going to get it on PS4. I want to do the trophies, whatever they may be.

#19191 JCAll   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   1835 Posts   Joined 9.9 Years Ago  

Posted 14 October 2017 - 09:24 AM

I'll wait for the Mara plushie.

#19192 lilman   Only the ordinary. CAGiversary!   3507 Posts   Joined 7.9 Years Ago  

Posted 14 October 2017 - 02:21 PM

:ps4: Dragon Quest Heroes II Explorer's Edition has been fluctuating in price on Amazon: https://www.amazon.c.../dp/B01NCBTOO7/

Last few days it has been in the $24-26 range, but every so often it drops even lower. I ordered last night at $21.62.

#19193 bigstew  

Posted 14 October 2017 - 02:25 PM

:ps4: Dragon Quest Heroes II Explorer's Edition has been fluctuating in price on Amazon: https://www.amazon.c.../dp/B01NCBTOO7/

Last few days is has been in the $24-26 range, but every so often it drops even lower. I ordered last night at $21.62.

saw that was pissed since i ordered it over a week ago when it hit 31$, seems their moving out inventory and soon will be sold to third party seller stores, well still saving half off from msrp is still good for a ok game

#19194 bappt   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   498 Posts   Joined 12.3 Years Ago  

Posted 14 October 2017 - 04:23 PM

The Atlus store is most likely an extension of the North American Sega store that's also opening next week. Certain designs only available in US/Canada but all other products ship to the Americas.

#19195 RatedIM   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   55 Posts   Joined 11.2 Years Ago  

Posted 14 October 2017 - 05:02 PM

[quote name="EdJericho" post="13852371" timestamp="1507934533"]Atlus USA to launch Atlus Online Store on October 16

Wondering if they'll have Rule of Rose in stock.

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

#19196 Draekon   Kung-Fu Panda CAGiversary!   5236 Posts   Joined 11.8 Years Ago  

Posted 14 October 2017 - 05:14 PM

Culdcept Revolt has some limited time DLC available:

http://nisamerica.co...evolt/free-dlc/

Just sign up there and you'll get a DLC code sometime after signups are closed. They close October 16th at 10AM Pacific, which is Monday. It includes Challenge from Hell (Quest + Map) & Soltis Book Cover DLC.

#19197 nitrosmob   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   7962 Posts   Joined 11.3 Years Ago  

Posted 14 October 2017 - 05:34 PM

Note: You need Culdcept Revolt to claim the DLC as it opens up in game for gifts after a few missions.

#19198 nitrosmob   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   7962 Posts   Joined 11.3 Years Ago  

Posted 14 October 2017 - 05:38 PM

River City Rival Showdown (with Riki key chain) on Amazon now has the Prime 20% off.....didn't when it launched.

Link

#19199 Supplice   Hmph CAGiversary!   4089 Posts   Joined 7.9 Years Ago  

Supplice

Posted 14 October 2017 - 06:48 PM

New Code Vein Images Reveal New Character and Charming Artwork

Mobius Final Fantasy Crossover Tells Tidus’ Story Between Final Fantasy X and Final Fantasy X-2

#19200 SolidSnake86   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   1408 Posts   Joined 7.7 Years Ago  

SolidSnake86

Posted 14 October 2017 - 07:14 PM

Wondering if they'll have Rule of Rose in stock.

I wish!

Horizontal-Banner-copy-e1469133668735.jp