* * * * - 24 votes

Japanese Niche Games Deals & Discussion Thread 4.0

#19201 Covnam   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   1161 Posts   Joined 13.0 Years Ago  

Posted 14 October 2017 - 08:05 PM

:ps4: Dragon Quest Heroes II Explorer's Edition has been fluctuating in price on Amazon: https://www.amazon.c.../dp/B01NCBTOO7/

Last few days it has been in the $24-26 range, but every so often it drops even lower. I ordered last night at $21.62.

saw that was pissed since i ordered it over a week ago when it hit 31$, seems their moving out inventory and soon will be sold to third party seller stores, well still saving half off from msrp is still good for a ok game

It's $16.10 right now O_o Hopefully it doesn't go back up before I can price match it at BB

#19202 Olengie   Your Waifu is Kusoge. Except Mine CAGiversary!   10371 Posts   Joined 5.6 Years Ago  

Posted 14 October 2017 - 08:07 PM

The 16.10 price is from Deep Discount. Plus you have to pay for shipping

Hope it's $10 at Black Friday like the first one was

#19203 whoknows   Time and Eternity for all of time and eternity CAGiversary!   39940 Posts   Joined 13.5 Years Ago  

Posted 14 October 2017 - 08:54 PM

DQ Heroes 2 is sweet. Just wish it had real coop.

Not sure what it is with the Warriors games as of the past few years not only dropping online coop, but sometimes just completely not having it at all.

you are a pillar of the video game/gaming community.  

Thanks you are truly a pillar of the community!

It's because of pillars like you, I remain in this community.  Thank you!

Spoken like a true pillar. The community sends its many thanks.

How dare you speak to the pillar of our community that way. If he says you're a closet vita fan he knows what he's talking about.

#19204 shadowysea07   Cjenvy I'm ready for you awd this time I'm wearing pants CAGiversary!   4127 Posts   Joined 4.7 Years Ago  

shadowysea07

Posted 14 October 2017 - 11:09 PM

The story be about not kicking exploding blitz balls.

Currently on the look out for a decent price on Pokemon XD Gale of Darkness.  

#19205 BlackRockWaifu   Advocate for the Black Friday Champion Fredyyy CAGiversary!   2850 Posts   Joined 4.4 Years Ago  

BlackRockWaifu

Posted 15 October 2017 - 04:36 AM

So I got pretty far into Cyberdimension Neptunia, and I thought I'd share some thoughts on it. My little review won't be as great and detailed as something like Draekon's, Nitrosmob's, or Sovereign's, but I'll try my best to bring up some key points.

So first up, the game is actually, really, really good!

tenor.gif No way right!?

I might be a bit biased since I'm a Neptunia Superfan, but it's the best in the series imo (even though that's not saying much.) Its so good, it actually doesn't even feel like a Neptunia game.

Pros:

• The graphics are much better in this game than anything previous to it. It probably looks better than most other JRPGs on the market now, maybe with the exception of Persona and Tales of. To compare, the graphics look like Zelda: Breath of the Wild. I've never played BOTW, but from trailers/reviews I've seen it, and the open plains stage looks identical. The grass, water, environment, etc. is greatly improved and looks beautiful.
  • Gameplay is very fluid and face-paced. It's still a bit button-mashy, but there's skills, jumping, blocking, parries, dashing, etc. I guess I'd compare it to SAO or Tales of, combat styles, not musou but an Action-RPG. I also think the gameplay is waaay better than the combat in FF15, and that FF15 should've had a system more like this one.
  • Character play styles are pretty diverse, each character is a different class, which has a variety skills, and plays their own style. Some are rush down, some keep away, some healers, some buff givers.
  • Story is great, first time you actually get to see all 4 goddesses act like sisters, and not enemies or mere companions. The other games, Neptune, Noire, Blanc, and Vert were all separated early on, or weren't really in the game much. Here they interact well, and have some hilarious moments together. Not to go into spoilers, but you are technically playing them, who are also playing themselves in the game. So the 4th wall breaking moments are delightful and plentiful, and you've probably never played a game like that.
  • The online is super fun! I would actually love it if the game was an MMO. It's smooth when you find someone with a good connection. There's a neat chat system and you can free-type. Joining/leaving games is quick. And there's exclusive coop missons, so it's not like you replay something you beat, where both friends have to beat it first, like Nioh or DQH2.

Cons: (These aren't really cons, but more like nitpicky little things I didn't like.)

• During dialogue segments, the characters are no longer dynamic, so they don't breath, or blink, or move their lips when they talk. There's slight transitions, but it's more like Persona 5 now. It's understandable, since they had to do all their animation work from scratch with the new costumes.
  • The camera sucks. It always gets blocked by trees or branches, or goes into weird angles.
  • Loading is a little too long sometimes, especially when you boot up the game.

So overall, it's a terrific game! Not just for a niche game, or for a JRPG. But just in general it's fun and well polished. It stands up to even some AAA titles, like I'll say it's better than FF15 in some ways. So definitely give it a try! And feel free to ask if you have any questions!

Check out my new album! BRW Tries Español (Horribly)

Flips Won't Die - Suckira     Incognito - BRW Fonsi Ft. Nico Yazawa

Check out the CAG Backloggers Anonymous Group! Game of August: Final Fantasy Type-0

AWD Unboxing Video      AWD Unboxing 2: The Revenge     Nier Automata: Black Box CE Unboxing

#19206 Covnam   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   1161 Posts   Joined 13.0 Years Ago  

Posted 15 October 2017 - 05:54 AM

The 16.10 price is from Deep Discount. Plus you have to pay for shipping

Hope it's $10 at Black Friday like the first one was

Oh, was it? Missed that. Seems to be gone anyway, so yeah, hopefully $10 at BF :)

#19207 Supplice   Hi-Fi CAGiversary!   4348 Posts   Joined 8.2 Years Ago  

Supplice

Posted 15 October 2017 - 08:32 AM

Dragon Ball Z: Budokai Tenkaichi and Xenoverse Producers Discuss FighterZ and Behind-the-Scenes Talks

Report: Nintendo May Be Taking a More Open Minded Approach to Mature Games on Nintendo Switch

Fate/Grand Order VR feat. Mashu Kyrielight launches for free on December 6 in Japan

#19208 Draekon   Kung-Fu Panda CAGiversary!   5385 Posts   Joined 12.1 Years Ago  

Posted 15 October 2017 - 09:22 AM

Week 8 of the release bonanza or week 7 for Japanese niche only releases. A few games high on peoples wishlist this week I'd wager. Summon Night 6 is still MIA with Vic still unable to properly tell time. It's even listed on the weekly Playstation blog as releasing this week again. He probably shouldn't say anything until he has the physical copies in his possession, then give a month release announcement from there. Chaos;Child should also be next week despite Playstation listing it as this week.

Other stuff that released without warning last week (Assume PC unless otherwise noted):
- Million Arthur VR: Character Command RPG (PC VR | Card RPG)
- Hanako: Honor & Blade (Early Access | Action)

Weekly Releases (October 15th - October 21st)

Etrian Odyssey V: Beyond the Myth
- Platform(s): 3DS
- Genre: First-Person Dungeon RPG
- Demo: Yes.
- Online: N/A
- Comments: Demo save can be loaded into the full game.

Fire Emblem Warriors
- Platform(s): 3DS, Switch
- Genre: Musou / Action
- Demo: N/A

South Park: The Fractured But Whole
- Platform(s): PS4, XB1, PC
- Genre: RPG
- Comments: Not Japanese, obviously.

No Heroes Allowed! VR
- Platform(s): PS4 VR
- Genre: Real-Time Strategy

Gran Turismo Sport
- Platform(s): PS4
- Genre: Racing
- Demo: No longer available.
- Online: Yes.

Spelunker Party!
- Platform(s): Switch, PC
- Genre: Platformer / Action

Elliot Quest
- Platform(s): Switch
- Genre: Action-Adventure / RPG
- Comments: Digital only. Previously released on Wii U, 3DS, PC, PS4 & XB1.

Rosenkreuzstilette Freudenstachel
- Platform(s): PC
- Genre: Action Platformer
- Comments: Published by AGM PLAYISM. Mega Man clone.

Wulverblade
- Genre: Beat'em Up
- Comments: Not Japanese.

OVERTURN
- Platform(s): PC VR
- Genre: Action / Shooter
- Comments: Korean dev maybe? Not sure.

A Mortician's Tale
- Genre: Simulation
- Comments: Canadian dev.

PUSH
- Genre: Puzzle / Minimalist
- Comments: Polish devs.

Warbanners
- Genre: SRPG
- Comments: Russian or Ukranian dev.

Mirror
- Genre: Puzzle / Touchy-Feely

How to Fool a Liar King
- Genre: Visual Novel
- Demo: Yes.

Mutiny!!
- Comments: MangaGamer published, so they have the 18+ version. Possible 18+ patch for the Steam version.

Fox Hime
- Comments: Chinese language only.

Past Releases
October 8th - October 14th
October 1st - October 7th
September 24th - September 30th
September 17th - September 23rd
September 10th - September 16th

#19209 Supplice   Hi-Fi CAGiversary!   4348 Posts   Joined 8.2 Years Ago  

Supplice

Posted 15 October 2017 - 11:16 AM

BlazBlue Cross Tag Battle’s Platforms Announced: PS4, Switch and PC; New Characters Revealed

BlazBlue Cross Tag Battle for PS4, Nintendo Switch and PC Looks Great in Six Minutes of Gameplay

Spoiler

Atelier Lydie & Suelle Screenshots Show New and Returning Characters: Plachta, Drossel and More

#19210 motaku96   CAG in Training CAGiversary!   1715 Posts   Joined 5.0 Years Ago  

Posted 15 October 2017 - 08:01 PM

Its so good, it actually doesn't even feel like a Neptunia game.

The highest praise a compile heart game can get.

GMG has a coupon for 10% off all games. Works on already discounted games. Code is SUCHWOW10.

If you wanted to get Nights of Azure 2 this is the lowest price it's been at $36.(I knew I should've waited)

On the flip side they raised Battlefront 2's price back to msrp. No discount really kills my interest in getting it. I hope they bring the discount back.

#19211 Supplice   Hi-Fi CAGiversary!   4348 Posts   Joined 8.2 Years Ago  

Supplice

Posted 15 October 2017 - 11:55 PM

Revenant Saga listed for release on the North American and European Switch eShop next week

Demon Gaze developer Experience setting its sights on Switch

Code Vein Developers On Equipment And Evasive Action, Unreal Engine 4, And Fan Feedback

#19212 BlackRockWaifu   Advocate for the Black Friday Champion Fredyyy CAGiversary!   2850 Posts   Joined 4.4 Years Ago  

BlackRockWaifu

Posted 16 October 2017 - 01:03 AM

4 Goddesses Online actually paid a few homages to Persona 5, which I thought was pretty cool. Might just be coincidental though.

There's a reaper boss that appears if you stay in a dungeon for too long. Vert has a few segments where she talks about the origins of different tea leaves, kinda like how Sojiro talked about different coffee beans. Characters have some back and forth conversations while in the dungeons now, with their icon showing in the corner when they speak. 

Also...

Go nuts forum!

ggHrRA8.jpg

Check out my new album! BRW Tries Español (Horribly)

Flips Won't Die - Suckira     Incognito - BRW Fonsi Ft. Nico Yazawa

Check out the CAG Backloggers Anonymous Group! Game of August: Final Fantasy Type-0

AWD Unboxing Video      AWD Unboxing 2: The Revenge     Nier Automata: Black Box CE Unboxing

#19213 Squarehard   Nyaa~ CAGiversary!   20677 Posts   Joined 10.1 Years Ago  

Posted 16 October 2017 - 01:09 AM

4 Goddesses Online actually paid a few homages to Persona 5, which I thought was pretty cool. Might just be coincidental though.

There's a reaper boss that appears if you stay in a dungeon for too long. Vert has a few segments where she talks about the origins of different tea leaves, kinda like how Sojiro talked about different coffee beans. Characters have some back and forth conversations while in the dungeons now, with their icon showing in the corner when they speak. 

Also...

Go nuts forum!

I'm sure the main reason this caught your eye is because they both look like Kurumi in that shot. ;D

gjDkeqL.gifv3llIct.gif

Spoiler

#19214 elessar123  

Posted 16 October 2017 - 01:19 AM

I'm sure the main reason this caught your eye is because they both look like Kurumi in that shot. ;D

Who?

Spoiler

Spoiler

#19215 Supplice   Hi-Fi CAGiversary!   4348 Posts   Joined 8.2 Years Ago  

Supplice

Posted 16 October 2017 - 02:20 AM

#19216 AugustAPC   Not For Sale CAGiversary!   3332 Posts   Joined 7.4 Years Ago  

Posted 16 October 2017 - 05:05 AM

Why is there a rideable dildo as DLC?

#19217 Thatguy1513   Him again.... CAGiversary!   2583 Posts   Joined 3.3 Years Ago  

Thatguy1513

Posted 16 October 2017 - 05:09 AM

Uhm, it's actually a Neo Armstrong Cyclone Jet Armstrong Cannon. It's got a really high quality finish.

#19218 AugustAPC   Not For Sale CAGiversary!   3332 Posts   Joined 7.4 Years Ago  

Posted 16 October 2017 - 05:10 AM

Neo Armstrong Cyclone Jet Armstrong Cannon

That still sounds like a dildo.

#19219 TooPoor   ∀ Game, ∃ Buy Price CAGiversary!   11361 Posts   Joined 6.2 Years Ago  

Posted 16 October 2017 - 05:10 AM

Uhm, it's actually a Neo Armstrong Cyclone Jet Armstrong Cannon. It's got a really high quality finish.

Some people are just that perverted, sad really.

Mathematically Correct.

Use factual statements, logical deductions, mathematical calculations and objective analysis; not rage.

My Trade List Currently inactive, no time to play any games _(:3」∠)_

NI_YA_SHA_BI.png

#19220 EdJericho   2.5D Seiyuu Fanboy CAGiversary!   741 Posts   Joined 4.7 Years Ago  

Posted 16 October 2017 - 05:15 AM

a2JEVSf.gifT6rlETZ.gif

#19221 Squarehard   Nyaa~ CAGiversary!   20677 Posts   Joined 10.1 Years Ago  

Posted 16 October 2017 - 05:35 AM

giphy.gif

gjDkeqL.gifv3llIct.gif

Spoiler

#19222 Olengie   Your Waifu is Kusoge. Except Mine CAGiversary!   10371 Posts   Joined 5.6 Years Ago  

Posted 16 October 2017 - 06:10 AM

Because the fans voted for it

#19223 roger watersmelon   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   2332 Posts   Joined 7.8 Years Ago  

roger watersmelon

Posted 16 October 2017 - 06:30 AM

That reminds me, whatever happened to Crunchyroll releasing Gintama again on dvd?

#19224 vic_x51   World Warrior CAGiversary!   1947 Posts   Joined 9.7 Years Ago  

Posted 16 October 2017 - 08:59 AM

glad there's a new season airing of Gintama

#19225 Kaiser499   Gaming Guru CAGiversary!   3724 Posts   Joined 8.7 Years Ago  

Posted 16 October 2017 - 10:00 AM

Meanwhile in the Overwatch Halloween event

OAYsj0V.gif

NnZPC5V.png

Check Out My Gaming Stream

Kaiser499.png

#19226 Josef   Touched the dead CAGiversary!   10842 Posts   Joined 13.9 Years Ago  

Posted 16 October 2017 - 11:02 AM

Got an email this morning asking me to confirm my address for the Summon Knight 6 Wonderful Edition which they finally expect to ship in about two weeks.  Hope it will be worth the wait!

#19227 chrislaustin   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   5597 Posts   Joined 12.1 Years Ago  

chrislaustin

Posted 16 October 2017 - 11:13 AM

Got an email this morning asking me to confirm my address for the Summon Knight 6 Wonderful Edition which they finally expect to ship in about two weeks.  Hope it will be worth the wait!

Hell, they should be sending interest earning reports to you guys as well, as there should be a good amount earned over all this time. LOL

#19228 Tothoro  

Posted 16 October 2017 - 11:42 AM

Hell, they should be sending interest earning reports to you guys as well, as there should be a good amount earned over all this time. LOL

You'd have to be a damn good investor to offset six unplanned months of operational costs with interest earnings.

COLStraightEdge.png xTOTHORO.png

#19229 Draekon   Kung-Fu Panda CAGiversary!   5385 Posts   Joined 12.1 Years Ago  

Posted 16 October 2017 - 12:18 PM

3 Weeks Ago
Vic: I'll be sending out 'last call' emails next week!

2 Weeks Ago

*crickets*

1 Week ago

Vic: I'll be sending out 'last call' emails in the next few days.

Today

*Vic finally sends out 'last call' emails*

And eh, it's more of a fan service game with them bringing a bunch of past characters together. It'll probably be pretty decent compared to the stuff we get these days, but much of it will be lost on people in the west since we never got any of the main Summon Night games until the fifth one.

I hope they update the earlier games in the Summon Night series for modern consoles/handhelds and they get brought over to the west by someone like Atlus or XSeed. They were pretty good games gameplay wise and had a pleasing aesthetic. Granted I never understood what was really going on in the story when I played them.

#19230 Supplice   Hi-Fi CAGiversary!   4348 Posts   Joined 8.2 Years Ago  

Supplice

Posted 16 October 2017 - 12:26 PM

Jack Bros Side-scroller ‘Shin Megami Tensei: Synchronicity Prologue’ Released as Free PC Download

Yoko Taro Wants To Make Drakengard And NieR Sequels As Well As An Adult Video Someday

Nippon Ichi Software Teases Another Mysterious New Game

Fate/stay night [Heaven’s Feel] Tops Japanese Weekend Box Office With 413 Million Yen

Fate/Grand Order VR feat. Mashu Kyrielight Releases In Japan On December 6 For Free

Nintendo devs say goodbye to Miiverse with special drawings

The Idolmaster: Stella Stage Gets New Trailer and New Waifu Shika

Spoiler