* * * * - 24 votes

Japanese Niche Games Deals & Discussion Thread 4.0

#19231 Kaiser499   Gaming Guru CAGiversary!   3701 Posts   Joined 8.5 Years Ago  

Posted 16 October 2017 - 02:59 PM

Looking forward to the sequels.

NnZPC5V.png

Check Out My Gaming Stream

Kaiser499.png

#19232 dsman3717   Saber is Life CAGiversary!   541 Posts   Joined 4.7 Years Ago  

dsman3717

Posted 16 October 2017 - 04:26 PM

That's really good. I'm so excited! Already bought my tickets for the local showing next month. :)

Fate/Grand Order VR feat. Mashu Kyrielight Releases In Japan On December 6 For Free

Wasn't expecting this to be free, looks like I got a reason to bust out the VR in December. (I honestly haven't used it in months)

ilovehinata.png
Currently Playing: :switch: Xenoblade Chronicles 2, Fire Emblem Warriors   :ps4: Kiwami 2, Blue Reflection, Tokyo Xanadu eX+     :ps3: Yakuza 5, Yakuza 1&2 HD   :xb1: Forza 7, Cuphead    :360: Catherine, Tales of Vesperia  :wiiu:  Tokyo Mirage Sessions #FE, Twilight Princess HD, Xenoblade Chronicles X   :vita:  Chaos;Child, Mary Skelter    :3ds:  Metroid Samus Returns, Fire Emblem Echoes, Pokemon Sun,  Mobile/Browser games: Fate/Grand Order, Tales of Link, LLSIF, Kantai Collection 

Spoiler

#19233 SinisterTaco  

SinisterTaco

Posted 16 October 2017 - 05:50 PM

Disgaea 6 please.

#19234 Nothing371   Tomorrow King - Interloper Kai CAGiversary!   6346 Posts   Joined 6.2 Years Ago  

Posted 16 October 2017 - 06:03 PM

I just got done watching Fate stay night Unlimited Blade Works for the very first time.   It was good, but not as grand as I was expecting.   Maybe its a thing with me, that I always tend to like the first movie in a trilogy, or the original source material the most.  I expected a lot more story development with both Illya and Sakura. 

Really looking forward to seeing Heaven's Feel now that I've finally watched and enjoyed all three series. 

You begin to suspect that your bowl is a portal to the Meat Dimension.

#19235 Supplice   Hmph CAGiversary!   4182 Posts   Joined 8.0 Years Ago  

Supplice

Posted 16 October 2017 - 06:21 PM

Chris Redfield returns in the latest video for Not a Hero and End of Zoe

Spoiler

Xenoblade Chronicles 2 Gets Tons of Screenshots and Videos: Blades and More

Japanese Retailer Raffles Right to Buy Super Mario Odyssey Nintendo Switch Bundle Due to High Demand

Spoiler

#19236 Starcrest   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   403 Posts   Joined 7.1 Years Ago  

Starcrest

Posted 16 October 2017 - 07:15 PM

Culdcept Revolt has some limited time DLC available:

http://nisamerica.co...evolt/free-dlc/

Just sign up there and you'll get a DLC code sometime after signups are closed. They close October 16th at 10AM Pacific, which is Monday. It includes Challenge from Hell (Quest + Map) & Soltis Book Cover DLC.

I got an email with the DLC code, but it doesn't seem to be redeemable yet. I simply got an error code.

#19237 nitrosmob   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   8025 Posts   Joined 11.4 Years Ago  

Posted 16 October 2017 - 07:42 PM

I got an email with the DLC code, but it doesn't seem to be redeemable yet. I simply got an error code.

Do you own the game? It must be redeemed in game.

#19238 BigManJapan  

BigManJapan

Posted 16 October 2017 - 07:58 PM

Yes to Nier sequels. Yes to adult video. No to Drakengard. 

#19239 Green Card200   The Time Mage CAGiversary!   2202 Posts   Joined 10.2 Years Ago  

Green Card200

Posted 17 October 2017 - 01:21 AM

Yes to Nier sequels. Yes to adult video. No to Drakengard. 

I can't wait to hear their pitch for an adult video. Ok so the main character is a boy in high school...

Smile Support Society. We play horror/retro games -  Games I'm Selling/Trading

#19240 whoknows   Time and Eternity for all of time and eternity CAGiversary!   39892 Posts   Joined 13.3 Years Ago  

Posted 17 October 2017 - 01:42 AM

I can't wait to hear their pitch for an adult video. Ok so the main character is a boy in high school...

And then a mysterious girl falls out of the sky...

you are a pillar of the video game/gaming community.  

Thanks you are truly a pillar of the community!

It's because of pillars like you, I remain in this community.  Thank you!

Spoken like a true pillar. The community sends its many thanks.

How dare you speak to the pillar of our community that way. If he says you're a closet vita fan he knows what he's talking about.

#19241 thelonepig   Greasy Pork Pirates! CAGiversary!   6382 Posts   Joined 11.9 Years Ago  

Posted 17 October 2017 - 02:13 AM

... who turns everything she touches into ...

#19242 SgtWiggles   Artist formally known as dgwillia CAGiversary!   11073 Posts   Joined 8.7 Years Ago  

Posted 17 October 2017 - 02:43 AM

erotic Donald Trump memorabilia

848178.pngSgtWiggles.png

#19243 Supplice   Hmph CAGiversary!   4182 Posts   Joined 8.0 Years Ago  

Supplice

Posted 17 October 2017 - 02:44 AM

Unreal Engine 4 Allows Code Vein’s Dev To Make Detailed Adjustments On The Fly Without A Programmer

Online RPG ‘Closers’ Gets New Trailer Detailing the Backstory of J

Kirby Battle Royale – introduction trailer

Dragon’s Crown Pro delayed to February 8 in Japan, first-print bonus digital gamebook announced

Death End re;Quest Gests New Screenshots and Information

#19244 Covnam   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   1137 Posts   Joined 12.8 Years Ago  

Posted 17 October 2017 - 02:54 AM

Looks like asia isn't getting the version with all the music from the anime =/

That reminds me, whatever happened to Crunchyroll releasing Gintama again on dvd?

Some of the crunchy exclusive titles are starting to come out, so hopefully Gintama will not be far off

You have to be past the tutorial and a few chapters in to redeem it.

#19245 Starcrest   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   403 Posts   Joined 7.1 Years Ago  

Starcrest

Posted 17 October 2017 - 05:28 AM

Do you own the game? It must be redeemed in game.

I guess that was worth an ask, but yes i'm trying in game.  I'm getting error code 009-2995 "Activation Code could not be recognized".  The code in my email starts B0T and ends VF2 if that matches anyone else.  If you do try on the eshop, you get a different error message that says it can only be redeemed in game.

#19246 roger watersmelon   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   2279 Posts   Joined 7.6 Years Ago  

roger watersmelon

Posted 17 October 2017 - 06:31 AM

erotic Donald Trump memorabilia

3782225.gif

#19247 Supplice   Hmph CAGiversary!   4182 Posts   Joined 8.0 Years Ago  

Supplice

Posted 17 October 2017 - 10:26 AM

Deemo Reborn Headed To PlayStation 4 As A New 3D Game With PlayStation VR Support

Blade Strangers Featuring Umihara Kawase, Cave Story, And More To Be Playable at Toushinsai 2017

Kamen Rider: Climax Fighters Shows Ryuki, Hibiki, Den-O, W, Ghost, And Online Versus Mode Details

Kemco’s Werewolf Visual Novel Rei-Jin-G-Lu-P Is Getting A Physical Release On PS4 In Japan

Dragon’s Crown Pro for PS4 Looks Majestic in New Trailer; Shows PS4 vs PS3 Comparison and More

Spoiler

Nippon Ichi’s New Game Is A PS4, Switch, PS Vita Action RPG With Princess Knights Under Your Training

Spoiler

Dissidia Final Fantasy NT western box art, battle guides

Fire Emblem Warriors’ Launch Trailer Showcases Its Action And Many Heroes

Spoiler

#19248 lilman   Only the ordinary. CAGiversary!   3533 Posts   Joined 8.0 Years Ago  

Posted 17 October 2017 - 11:14 AM

I just got done watching Fate stay night Unlimited Blade Works for the very first time.   It was good, but not as grand as I was expecting.   Maybe its a thing with me, that I always tend to like the first movie in a trilogy, or the original source material the most.  I expected a lot more story development with both Illya and Sakura. 

Really looking forward to seeing Heaven's Feel now that I've finally watched and enjoyed all three series. 

If you're talking about the UBW movie, you should watch the tv series instead. The tv series is amazing! Again though, there won't be much on Illya or Sakura. Illya, or at least her backstory, is better covered in Fate/Zero, and Sakura's story will be in Heaven's Feel.

#19249 Draekon   Kung-Fu Panda CAGiversary!   5278 Posts   Joined 11.9 Years Ago  

Posted 17 October 2017 - 01:53 PM

Seems like the voice overs for Cold Steel II PC is now done.

Though what I really wanted to post was this. Someone modded different characters to a bonding scene from Cold Steel I to produce this:

Spoiler

And then Sean Chiplock, voice of Rean, apparently had this shared with him and he did voice overs for it. Interesting way to start my morning I guess.

#19250 Supplice   Hmph CAGiversary!   4182 Posts   Joined 8.0 Years Ago  

Supplice

Posted 17 October 2017 - 05:50 PM

Fire Emblem Warriors Getting Free Japanese-Voice Pack

Sonic Forces unveils Infinite boss battle footage, “Rental Avatar” Hero Swapping feature

Nintendo says Famicom cartridge holes were just a part of the design

Etrian Odyssey V launch trailer

Spoiler

#19251 Draekon   Kung-Fu Panda CAGiversary!   5278 Posts   Joined 11.9 Years Ago  

Posted 17 October 2017 - 05:54 PM

Weekly free PSN junk:

Dead or Alive 5: Last Round

PS4

- Marie Rose Opoona Outfit (PS+ Only)

Senko no Ronde 2

PS4

- Voice Pack

Nights of Azure 2

PS4

- Special Theme

This weeks weekly sale is Sale of the Dead Week 1. It has a few thread related games in the sale. Also it seems that Chaos;Child did release this week, but digital only? Physical is next week. Weird that they're separate when the release dates are so close to each other.

#19252 Vigilante   The Deal Is Already Dead CAGiversary!   36176 Posts   Joined 12.3 Years Ago  

Posted 17 October 2017 - 05:57 PM

post-26056-Antonio-Banderas-computer-rea

Cloud_Squall78.png
Currently Playing: :switch: LoZ: Breath of the Wild; Super Mario Odyssey :ps4: Tekken 7 :ps3: Bioshock; TLoH: Trails of Cold Steel 2 :vita: Danganronpa V3

Last Beaten/Completed Console/Portable Games: :ps4: Telltale's Guardians of the Galaxy (4.25/5 :3ds: Ys: Memories of Celceta (4.25/5)

#19253 Say_Jayx3  

Posted 17 October 2017 - 06:05 PM

Played Awakening undubbed and Fates undubbed ( :- ) so going to english voices wouldve been so off putting. 

Glad nintendo stepped up and released the Japanese voices. 

VitafullxJAYx3.png

1065569.png

#19254 whoknows   Time and Eternity for all of time and eternity CAGiversary!   39892 Posts   Joined 13.3 Years Ago  

Posted 17 October 2017 - 06:34 PM

I'm going to play with the English voices, like usual.

#murica

you are a pillar of the video game/gaming community.  

Thanks you are truly a pillar of the community!

It's because of pillars like you, I remain in this community.  Thank you!

Spoken like a true pillar. The community sends its many thanks.

How dare you speak to the pillar of our community that way. If he says you're a closet vita fan he knows what he's talking about.

#19255 NeoMonk  

Posted 17 October 2017 - 06:42 PM

Spoiler

Webp.net-gifmaker777b0.gifezgif.com-resize6bea7.gif

#19256 motaku96   CAG in Training CAGiversary!   1685 Posts   Joined 4.8 Years Ago  

Posted 17 October 2017 - 07:32 PM

Looking forward to the adult video.

Bundles stars Stardeal

Hakuoki - $11.99

https://www.bundlest...oki-kyoto-winds

#19257 VagrantFate  

VagrantFate

Posted 17 October 2017 - 10:32 PM

Ugh can't believe I missed Nier again. Was $9.99 at Square store on sale for site relaunch. I was looking to add something to make the $9 shipping more palatable. Added Star Ocean V for $9.99 and then Nier was waitlisted. I would have gladly paid $19 for Nier. Are there any twitter feeds to follow besides Wario64 and cheapassgamer for good deals? I never get Wario64 notifications for some reason.

#19258 Supplice   Hmph CAGiversary!   4182 Posts   Joined 8.0 Years Ago  

Supplice

Posted 17 October 2017 - 10:37 PM

Nintendo shares new infographic covering Fall 2017 / Holiday 2017 / 2018 releases

Spoiler

Dead or Alive Xtreme: Venus Vacation Gets New Screenshots: Kasumi, Helena, Kokoro and More

Summon Night 6: Lost Borders launches October 31 in North America, shortly after in Europe

Cloud of Darkness Confirmed for Dissidia Final Fantasy NT on PS4

-

Hatsune Miku: Project Diva Future Tone DX details ‘PV Photo’ feature

First Your Four Knight Princess Training Story screenshots

#19259 Covnam   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   1137 Posts   Joined 12.8 Years Ago  

Posted 18 October 2017 - 02:54 AM

Nice.

Also, Iffy is mailing me a new artbook and NISA is going to send a replacement backpack in Jan. when they get more in. Glad to resolve these things without much hassle :)

#19260 Tothoro  

Posted 18 October 2017 - 03:11 AM

Ugh can't believe I missed Nier again. Was $9.99 at Square store on sale for site relaunch. I was looking to add something to make the $9 shipping more palatable. Added Star Ocean V for $9.99 and then Nier was waitlisted. I would have gladly paid $19 for Nier. Are there any twitter feeds to follow besides Wario64 and cheapassgamer for good deals? I never get Wario64 notifications for some reason.

There's DailyGameDeal, but he/she has a lot of post overlap with Wario64.

Also DealSeeker2U if you're interested in Amazon Warehouse stuff.

Since they both use affiliate links I probably shouldn't link them directly.

COLStraightEdge.png xTOTHORO.png