* * * * - 24 votes

Japanese Niche Games Deals & Discussion Thread 4.0

#19261 Olengie   Your Waifu is Kusoge. Except Mine CAGiversary!   9888 Posts   Joined 5.4 Years Ago  

Posted 18 October 2017 - 04:48 AM

still need to buy a switch

#19262 VagrantFate  

VagrantFate

Posted 18 October 2017 - 05:29 AM

There's DailyGameDeal, but he/she has a lot of post overlap with Wario64.

Also DealSeeker2U if you're interested in Amazon Warehouse stuff.

Since they both use affiliate links I probably shouldn't link them directly.

Thanks appreciate it.

#19263 Souffrir   Eternally Training CAG CAGiversary!   3694 Posts   Joined 5.0 Years Ago  

Posted 18 October 2017 - 07:41 AM

still need to buy a switch

Pfft, I still need to buy a Wii U.

You couldn't help noting with every breath that thousands of other people were very close to you and nearly all of them had armpits.

#19264 elessar123  

Posted 18 October 2017 - 08:39 AM

Pfft, I still need to buy a Wii U.

Why? Just wait for everything to be ported to the Switch.

Spoiler

#19265 chrislaustin   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   5191 Posts   Joined 11.9 Years Ago  

chrislaustin

Posted 18 October 2017 - 10:28 AM

Why? Just wait for everything to be ported to the Switch.

Why? The games look about the same, and are way cheaper on the Wii U.

#19266 Supplice   Hmph CAGiversary!   4099 Posts   Joined 7.9 Years Ago  

Supplice

Posted 18 October 2017 - 10:49 AM

Dragon Ball FighterZ Releases In Japan On February 1, Adds Nappa, Ginyu, And Story Mode

Dragon Ball Xenoverse 2 Will Add Android 13 And Tapion As Paid DLC Characters

Apollo Justice: Ace Attorney’s 3DS Version Arrives In North America On November 21

Fire Emblem Warriors DLC packs each include three new playable characters, JP release dates announced

-

Atelier Lydie & Suelle Footage Shows Firis, Liane, Plachta, Exploration, And Battles

Spoiler

Star Ocean: The Last Hope 4K & Full HD Remaster Releases November 28 In The West

Re:ZERO VR Games Announced for PlayStation VR and PC; Starring Rem and Emilia

Spoiler

NIS Reveals Anata no Shikihime Kyouikutan With First Screenshots and Princess Scolding Details on Famitsu

Tokyo Tattoo Girls Gets New Trailer Introducing the Game’s Six Lovely Companions

Spoiler

Hakuoki: Edo Blossoms Announced for the West

Capcom reveals new mini-games for Resident Evil Revelations 1 and 2 on Switch

#19267 JohnnySako   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   423 Posts   Joined 6.7 Years Ago  

JohnnySako

Posted 18 October 2017 - 11:09 AM

Weekly free PSN junk:

Dead or Alive 5: Last Round
PS4
- Marie Rose Opoona Outfit (PS+ Only)

Senko no Ronde 2
PS4
- Voice Pack

Nights of Azure 2
PS4
- Special Theme

This weeks weekly sale is Sale of the Dead Week 1. It has a few thread related games in the sale. Also it seems that Chaos;Child did release this week, but digital only? Physical is next week. Weird that they're separate when the release dates are so close to each other.

Thanks, Draekon, but that Nights of Azure 2 Theme must be part of a cruel joke. Lol

#19268 shadowysea07   Cjenvy I'm ready for you awd this time I'm wearing pants CAGiversary!   4023 Posts   Joined 4.5 Years Ago  

shadowysea07

Posted 18 October 2017 - 05:57 PM

I just got done watching Fate stay night Unlimited Blade Works for the very first time.   It was good, but not as grand as I was expecting.   Maybe its a thing with me, that I always tend to like the first movie in a trilogy, or the original source material the most.  I expected a lot more story development with both Illya and Sakura. 

Really looking forward to seeing Heaven's Feel now that I've finally watched and enjoyed all three series. 

Both those characters get their info covered in the prequel anime so that may be why as giving their info in this spoils the stuff from the prequel and you'd know who the main villains are in the current one among other spoilers. 

Spoiler

I do agree that they could have covered some things though.

Currently on the look out for a decent price on Pokemon XD Gale of Darkness.  

#19269 Richard Kain   The Kaiser CAGiversary!   2432 Posts   Joined 10.3 Years Ago  

Richard Kain

Posted 18 October 2017 - 06:02 PM

I read some of the reviews for Gundam Versus. Then I immediately went to Amazon, and ordered a copy of Gundam Versus. I was iffy on the game up until the reviews came out. I'm a pretty big Gundam fan, but there have been plenty of Gundam games that were all fan-service, and no substance under the hood. (mediocre to weak mechanics) But this title sounds like the gameplay is there, as well as some surprisingly good multiplayer support on-line. The lack of local multiplayer or split-screen is unfortunate, but comrpomises must be made somewhere. And the fan-service has not been skimped on either, as the base game's roster is 94 playable suits deep.

My best friend is an even bigger Gundam fan than I am. I'm going to bring my PS4 over to his place and show this baby off. Maybe I'll finally be able to convince him to upgrade to a PS4.

#19270 Olengie   Your Waifu is Kusoge. Except Mine CAGiversary!   9888 Posts   Joined 5.4 Years Ago  

Posted 18 October 2017 - 06:05 PM

I honestly just want a Gundam RPG like Battlefield Record 0081. That should've been the game we got for PS3 instead of the pos that was Crossfire. 

And another Gundam Vita game like SEED Battle Destiny

#19271 Zaku77   \m/ CAGiversary!   4220 Posts   Joined 7.9 Years Ago  

Posted 18 October 2017 - 06:07 PM

I'd love to see a follow up to MS Saga: A New Dawn. That is one of my all time favorite hidden gem JRPGs. The story was pretty mediocre (which is an absolute shame and should be fixed in a sequel) but the battle system, difficulty, and awesome amount of options present in the customization system for the mobile suits were absolutely top notch! 

My YouTube Channel (Collection updates, games industry commentary, game analysis)

https://www.youtube....HellDestroyer77

My Blog (In-Depth Game/Anime Reviews)http://helldestroyer77.blogspot.com/

My Twitter:https://twitter.com/Helldestroyer77

My Complete DVD/Blu Collectionhttp://www.blu-ray.c...id.php?u=102540

#19272 shadowysea07   Cjenvy I'm ready for you awd this time I'm wearing pants CAGiversary!   4023 Posts   Joined 4.5 Years Ago  

shadowysea07

Posted 18 October 2017 - 06:09 PM

If you're talking about the UBW movie, you should watch the tv series instead. The tv series is amazing! Again though, there won't be much on Illya or Sakura. Illya, or at least her backstory, is better covered in Fate/Zero, and Sakura's story will be in Heaven's Feel.

both illya and sakuras backstories are covered in zero actually.  We just don't get to find out what happened inbetween zero and stay nite.

#19273 Souffrir   Eternally Training CAG CAGiversary!   3694 Posts   Joined 5.0 Years Ago  

Posted 18 October 2017 - 09:34 PM

The only thing I want from a game like Gundam Versus is Domon Kasshu.

You couldn't help noting with every breath that thousands of other people were very close to you and nearly all of them had armpits.

#19274 Nothing371   Tomorrow King - Interloper Kai CAGiversary!   6256 Posts   Joined 6.1 Years Ago  

Posted 18 October 2017 - 09:38 PM

both illya and sakuras backstories are covered in zero actually.  We just don't get to find out what happened inbetween zero and stay nite.

I know their stories were covered in Fate/zero.   However, they were throwaway characters in UBW with little character development.  As were several other main characters.  If you had no other frame of reference, while watching UBW you'd be wondering "who is this person Sakura and what is she doing cooking over at Shiro's house all the time" and "where does Illya fit into this story at all?  The show suggests that they are important characters and then has no follow-through.  Shinji was inexplicably terrible too. And the Rider class servant barely exists.

The show had several primary characters with ambiguous roles.  The story is too assuming, and glances over several plot elements. 

UBW was fine. It was good.  I just don't know why its received better and rated higher than the other two series when I thought it easily did a poorer job of storytelling and world-building.

You begin to suspect that your bowl is a portal to the Meat Dimension.

#19275 The Dead Texan   Rest in Peace, Big Rizzle CAGiversary!   3524 Posts   Joined 8.9 Years Ago  

The Dead Texan

Posted 18 October 2017 - 10:04 PM

Anyone play Gundam Side Story 0079 on the Dreamcast? I remember really loving it back in the day. 

#19276 whoknows   Time and Eternity for all of time and eternity CAGiversary!   39879 Posts   Joined 13.3 Years Ago  

Posted 18 October 2017 - 10:04 PM

Regardless of opinions on UBW or the other series, the one truth is Shirou sucks

you are a pillar of the video game/gaming community.  

Thanks you are truly a pillar of the community!

It's because of pillars like you, I remain in this community.  Thank you!

Spoken like a true pillar. The community sends its many thanks.

How dare you speak to the pillar of our community that way. If he says you're a closet vita fan he knows what he's talking about.

#19277 lilman   Only the ordinary. CAGiversary!   3513 Posts   Joined 7.9 Years Ago  

Posted 18 October 2017 - 10:09 PM

So Heaven is a VR game?

#RemIsBestGirl

#19278 dsman3717   Saber is Life CAGiversary!   535 Posts   Joined 4.7 Years Ago  

dsman3717

Posted 18 October 2017 - 10:10 PM

The show suggests that they are important characters and then has no follow-through.  Shinji was inexplicably terrible too. And the Rider class servant barely exists.

This is why I like the Heaven's Feel story the best. More information/development on these characters that have been mostly left out in the other adaptations.

Also, it's all about Sakura (aka Best Girl)So that's a win for me.  :)

Regardless of opinions on UBW or the other series, the one truth is Shirou sucks

Yeah, he sucks in everything except Heaven's Feel though  ;)

ilovehinata.png
Currently Playing: :switch: Mario Odyssey, Fire Emblem Warrios   :ps4: Need for Speed: Payback, Assassin's Creed Origins    :ps3: Yakuza 5, Yakuza 1&2 HD   :xb1: Forza 7, Cuphead    :360: Catherine, Tales of Vesperia  :wiiu:  Tokyo Mirage Sessions #FE, Twilight Princess HD, Xenoblade Chronicles X   :vita:  Chaos;Child, Mary Skelter    :3ds:  Metroid Samus Returns, Fire Emblem Echoes, Pokemon Sun,  Mobile/Browser games: Fate/Grand Order, Tales of Link, LLSIF, Kantai Collection 

Spoiler

#19279 whoknows   Time and Eternity for all of time and eternity CAGiversary!   39879 Posts   Joined 13.3 Years Ago  

Posted 18 October 2017 - 10:17 PM

Yeah, he sucks in everything except Heaven's Feel though  ;)

We'll see about that. 

Poor Saber getting stuck with him.

you are a pillar of the video game/gaming community.  

Thanks you are truly a pillar of the community!

It's because of pillars like you, I remain in this community.  Thank you!

Spoken like a true pillar. The community sends its many thanks.

How dare you speak to the pillar of our community that way. If he says you're a closet vita fan he knows what he's talking about.

#19280 Squarehard   Nyaa~ CAGiversary!   20499 Posts   Joined 9.9 Years Ago  

Posted 18 October 2017 - 10:27 PM

Looking forward to the Ferris DLC.

b7ba74db52e993b3d128f57928c7d3ab.gif

gjDkeqL.gifv3llIct.gif

Spoiler

#19281 Nothing371   Tomorrow King - Interloper Kai CAGiversary!   6256 Posts   Joined 6.1 Years Ago  

Posted 18 October 2017 - 11:28 PM

a true Hero of Justice cares not for your admiration.  He's a defender of the people. 

You begin to suspect that your bowl is a portal to the Meat Dimension.

#19282 NeoMonk  

Posted 19 October 2017 - 12:51 AM

Nintendo Switch Patch 4.0.0 Introduces Video Recording, Save File Transfer, Game Pre-Purchases, New Icons & More

Spoiler

Also Joycon Firmware update is available for download.

Resident Evil Revelations Collection will include 2 Minigames for Switch:
Revelations 1 Minigame "Ghost Ship Panic" & Revelations 2 Minigame "Ghouls 'n Homunculi"

Webp.net-gifmaker777b0.gifezgif.com-resize6bea7.gif

#19283 shadowysea07   Cjenvy I'm ready for you awd this time I'm wearing pants CAGiversary!   4023 Posts   Joined 4.5 Years Ago  

shadowysea07

Posted 19 October 2017 - 01:30 AM

I know their stories were covered in Fate/zero.   However, they were throwaway characters in UBW with little character development.  As were several other main characters.  If you had no other frame of reference, while watching UBW you'd be wondering "who is this person Sakura and what is she doing cooking over at Shiro's house all the time" and "where does Illya fit into this story at all?  The show suggests that they are important characters and then has no follow-through.  Shinji was inexplicably terrible too. And the Rider class servant barely exists.

The show had several primary characters with ambiguous roles.  The story is too assuming, and glances over several plot elements. 

UBW was fine. It was good.  I just don't know why its received better and rated higher than the other two series when I thought it easily did a poorer job of storytelling and world-building.

From what I understand its because ufotable did the art for it mostly.  That and all the video games.  I agree poor rider class.  Especially when compared to the one from the prequel. 

#19284 vic_x51   World Warrior CAGiversary!   1874 Posts   Joined 9.5 Years Ago  

Posted 19 October 2017 - 01:34 AM

I read some of the reviews for Gundam Versus. Then I immediately went to Amazon, and ordered a copy of Gundam Versus. I was iffy on the game up until the reviews came out. I'm a pretty big Gundam fan, but there have been plenty of Gundam games that were all fan-service, and no substance under the hood. (mediocre to weak mechanics) But this title sounds like the gameplay is there, as well as some surprisingly good multiplayer support on-line. The lack of local multiplayer or split-screen is unfortunate, but comrpomises must be made somewhere. And the fan-service has not been skimped on either, as the base game's roster is 94 playable suits deep.

My best friend is an even bigger Gundam fan than I am. I'm going to bring my PS4 over to his place and show this baby off. Maybe I'll finally be able to convince him to upgrade to a PS4.

oh dam no local multiplayer ?
that's a complete pass for me.

#19285 aerozero   The man from nowhere CAGiversary!   984 Posts   Joined 10.8 Years Ago  

Posted 19 October 2017 - 02:15 AM

a true Hero of Justice cares not for your admiration. He's a defender of the people.

The hero we deserve but not the one we need right now
Posted Image

#19286 Covnam   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   1128 Posts   Joined 12.7 Years Ago  

Posted 19 October 2017 - 02:42 AM

Looks like it's digital only, but still good to see. Hopefully this does well enough to get the ps4 version of the 2nd game brought over as well.

#19287 Supplice   Hmph CAGiversary!   4099 Posts   Joined 7.9 Years Ago  

Supplice

Posted 19 October 2017 - 03:40 AM

God Eater 3 teases protagonist, new fields and Aragami

Microsoft ‘not very supportive’ of Japanese games, says NIS America

Mario Kart 8 Deluxe update out now (version 1.3.0)

-

Senran Kagura Burst Re:Newal Gets New Screenshots and Gameplay Videos

Spoiler

Summer Lesson: Chisato Shinjo Gets New Screenshots Showing Quirky DLC

Sword Art Online: Fatal Bullet Reveals Yuuki, Strea and Much More in New Screenshots

Touhou Kobuto V: Burst Battle Brings The Bullet Hell Action To Switch In Japan On November 2

-

Ultra Sun and Pokemon Ultra Moon are the last Pokemon RPGs for 3DS

Kirby Battle Royale demo trailer

Switch version 4.0.0 adds support for wireless USB headsets

Xenoblade Chronicles 2 introduces members from Torna

-

Demon Gaze II Gets New Trailer Showing a Whole Harem of Waifus

Doukoku Soshite… PS4 and PS Vita Remaster Gets First Creepy Trailer

Fire Emblem Warriors DLC characters revealed – Azura, Tharja, more

Spoiler

#19288 motaku96   CAG in Training CAGiversary!   1674 Posts   Joined 4.7 Years Ago  

Posted 19 October 2017 - 05:29 PM

Anyone play Gundam Side Story 0079 on the Dreamcast? I remember really loving it back in the day. 

I emulated it. I wish we got another game like that. It's the only gundam game that actually feels like you're controlling a mobile suit and not some guy running and jumping around.

#19289 NeoMonk  

Posted 19 October 2017 - 05:35 PM

Fire Emblem Warriors full DLC Roster has leaked.

Webp.net-gifmaker777b0.gifezgif.com-resize6bea7.gif

#19290 Olengie   Your Waifu is Kusoge. Except Mine CAGiversary!   9888 Posts   Joined 5.4 Years Ago  

Posted 19 October 2017 - 05:49 PM

At least there is Tharja and Azura.