* * * * - 24 votes

Japanese Niche Games Deals & Discussion Thread 4.0

#19291 BigManJapan  

BigManJapan

Posted 19 October 2017 - 07:12 PM

Anyone play Gundam Side Story 0079 on the Dreamcast? I remember really loving it back in the day. 

That game was amazing, especially for the time. Main reason I bought a Dreamcast. The PS2 had a great line-up of Gundam games as well. Spent countless hours on Federation vs. Zeon and Encounters in Space. Also, those Battle Assault PS1 games were exceptional 2D fighters. 

Haven't been able to get into the new Gundam games as much as the older ones.

#19292 Olengie   Your Waifu is Kusoge. Except Mine CAGiversary!   10406 Posts   Joined 5.6 Years Ago  

Posted 19 October 2017 - 07:51 PM

87a.gif

#19293 Supplice   Hi-Fi CAGiversary!   4375 Posts   Joined 8.2 Years Ago  

Supplice

Posted 19 October 2017 - 08:04 PM

Senran Kagura Peach Beach Splash Gets New Trailer Showing Dead or Alive Xtreme 3 DLC Characters

Spoiler

Etrian Odyssey V’s F.O.E.s And Bosses Are Brutal, But Balanced

Shedding Some Light On City Shrouded In Shadow’s Original Story

Xenoblade Chronicles 2 Gets Screenshots and Art of Tetsuya Nomura’s Characters

Visual Novel Maker Gets Details and Release Date on Steam

#19294 Draekon   Kung-Fu Panda CAGiversary!   5393 Posts   Joined 12.1 Years Ago  

Posted 19 October 2017 - 08:08 PM

I'm sure this is posted in the Steam thread, but for those few of you here who don't pay attention to that thread and have a somewhat gaming capable PC, you can get Steam Link (+ ICEY) for $16.68 shipped within the US. It streams Steam games from your PC to whatever monitor/tv you have the Steam Link attached to within your household. A decent alternative for those of you who can't hook your PC up directly to your TV. Though you'd still really want to hardwire it into your network via an Ethernet cable. Here's a list of compatible controllers should anybody be interested. Since most people here have a PS4, you shouldn't need anything more.

#19295 Nothing371   Tomorrow King - Interloper Kai CAGiversary!   6554 Posts   Joined 6.4 Years Ago  

Posted 19 October 2017 - 08:42 PM

yah mon, bought the bundle this mornin.  gonna try PC Trails in the Sky on the big screen when it arrives.

You begin to suspect that your bowl is a portal to the Meat Dimension.

#19296 reaperztoll  

reaperztoll

Posted 19 October 2017 - 08:51 PM

Hopefully the steam link will help me get back on track with playing my steam games many of which are the very japanese niche games I enjoy.

Too much real life, not enough time for video games

#19297 Richard Kain   The Kaiser CAGiversary!   2476 Posts   Joined 10.6 Years Ago  

Richard Kain

Posted 19 October 2017 - 08:55 PM

I'm guessing they have some excess stock on Steam Links lying around, and are hoping to clear out some warehouse space.

Well, I have no problem taking some of that off their hands. The game has decent reviews, and getting ICEY + a Steam Link for less than $20 is a pretty good deal. And there are a sizable number of TV-style games in my Steam Library now.

#19298 bappt   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   522 Posts   Joined 12.6 Years Ago  

Posted 19 October 2017 - 09:39 PM

I just had my Atelier Firis order from Gamefly cancelled due to the Paypal payment having an expired credit card. I guess streaming from PC is just as good. 

#19299 Covnam   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   1164 Posts   Joined 13.0 Years Ago  

Posted 20 October 2017 - 02:42 AM

yah mon, bought the bundle this mornin.  gonna try PC Trails in the Sky on the big screen when it arrives.

Which bundle?

#19300 62t   Zune Duck! CAGiversary!   19814 Posts   Joined 13.4 Years Ago  

Posted 20 October 2017 - 03:07 AM

Which bundle?

Steam Link

3DS FC 0731-4770-3312

#19301 SolidSnake86   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   1420 Posts   Joined 7.9 Years Ago  

SolidSnake86

Posted 20 October 2017 - 03:21 AM

That game was amazing, especially for the time. Main reason I bought a Dreamcast. The PS2 had a great line-up of Gundam games as well. Spent countless hours on Federation vs. Zeon and Encounters in Space. Also, those Battle Assault PS1 games were exceptional 2D fighters. 

Haven't been able to get into the new Gundam games as much as the older ones.

Yes, Encounters in Space FTW. I still throw that one into the PS2 every now and then. The same with Battle Assault 2.

Horizontal-Banner-copy-e1469133668735.jp

#19302 Nothing371   Tomorrow King - Interloper Kai CAGiversary!   6554 Posts   Joined 6.4 Years Ago  

Posted 20 October 2017 - 05:23 AM

Which bundle?

this one.

http://store.steampo...am_Link_Bundle/

It's $7.99 shipping btw. So came out to $16.XX. 

#19303 whoknows   Time and Eternity for all of time and eternity CAGiversary!   39949 Posts   Joined 13.5 Years Ago  

Posted 20 October 2017 - 05:25 AM

Bestbuy.com said Fire Emblem Warriors would be delivered on release date when I preordered it a few weeks ago. They just shipped it today and it's a few states away.

0/10. Will NEVER preorder or buy anything from Best Buy again.

Spoiler

you are a pillar of the video game/gaming community.  

Thanks you are truly a pillar of the community!

It's because of pillars like you, I remain in this community.  Thank you!

Spoken like a true pillar. The community sends its many thanks.

How dare you speak to the pillar of our community that way. If he says you're a closet vita fan he knows what he's talking about.

#19304 Covnam   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   1164 Posts   Joined 13.0 Years Ago  

Posted 20 October 2017 - 07:34 AM

Steam Link

this one.

http://store.steampo...am_Link_Bundle/

It's $7.99 shipping btw. So came out to $16.XX. 

Ah, I thought it was a bundle for Trails and wondered how I missed it :p Thanks for the info though =)

#19305 NeoMonk  

Posted 20 October 2017 - 08:21 AM

Bestbuy.com said Fire Emblem Warriors would be delivered on release date when I preordered it a few weeks ago. They just shipped it today and it's a few states away.

They haven't even shipped mine...   :censored:

b6g1NUv.gifezgif.com-resize6bea7.gif

#19306 Draekon   Kung-Fu Panda CAGiversary!   5393 Posts   Joined 12.1 Years Ago  

Posted 20 October 2017 - 09:48 AM

Since it's not a Big Picture native game and has its own launcher, you'll have some slight issues initially figuring things out. It shouldn't be too bad, but I have heard that the game crashes if you try to use Borderless Window with Steam Link, so you'll need to make sure that checkbox isn't ticked in the launcher. Probably also run the DX9 beta build, though I'm not entirely sure how to do that through Steam Link itself.

#19307 Supplice   Hi-Fi CAGiversary!   4375 Posts   Joined 8.2 Years Ago  

Supplice

Posted 20 October 2017 - 10:30 AM

Sony Japan Teases “True: End of the Century RPG” for PS4 and PS Vita With Mysterious Trailer

Spoiler

Sony Director Comments on Lost Soul Aside and Supporting Games from China

Spoiler

Umineko: When They Cry Answer Arcs Gets Release Date for PC in the West

Spoiler

Yakuza Kiwami 2 Introduces its Charming Ladies and Gangsters in New Screenshots and Video

Spoiler

Sword Art Online: Hollow Realization Announced for PC Includes All Expansions

Spoiler

Dynasty Warriors 9 Screenshots Show Open-World War and Characters

Shin Megami Tensei’s New Switch Game Will Reveal Info On A Live Stream On October 23

Gintama Rumble details Shinsuke Takasugi, Tsukuyo, Kamui, Abuto, Housen, and Blaze of Yoshiwara Chapter

#19308 JCAll   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   1856 Posts   Joined 10.2 Years Ago  

Posted 20 October 2017 - 10:46 AM

Looks like a gritty remake of Car Battler Joe. 

Which I didn't realize I wanted until right now.

#19309 Say_Jayx3  

Posted 20 October 2017 - 12:21 PM

Spoiler

Same thing happen to me with South Park Fat Butthole.  (My FE:W CE is coming through Prime today) 

Preordered weeks in advance, BB did not ship till monday.

Was supposed to arrive Wednesday, but got delayed in transit and didnt arrive till yesterday. 

All my recent packages from BB are being delivered by Fedex now. Maybe that has something to do with it, probably partners for the holidays? (Just an assumption) 

But if they pull this with Mario Odyssey next week, im gonna go bust a Cappy on their asses.  :twoguns:

(Obligatory Cringy Joke  :fridge: )

VitafullxJAYx3.png

#19310 Supplice   Hi-Fi CAGiversary!   4375 Posts   Joined 8.2 Years Ago  

Supplice

Posted 20 October 2017 - 01:39 PM

BlazBlue: Cross Tag Battle reveals Persona 4’s Chie, BlazBlue’s Noel Vermilion, Under Night In-Birth’s Waldstein

Spoiler

Tekken Series’ Creator Harada Is Interested In Making A Fighting Game With Characters From Different Franchises

Night of Azure 2 Gets New Trailer Showing its Dark World

Spoiler

Sonic Forces Gets New Trailer Showing Characters, Gameplay Features and More

Lost Dimension Headed To PC Via Steam On October 30

#19311 Defvayne   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   57 Posts   Joined 7.1 Years Ago  

Defvayne

Posted 20 October 2017 - 01:51 PM

Vita:  Beware, I live!

#19312 nagpo  

Posted 20 October 2017 - 03:03 PM

Vita:  Beware, I live!

Well, let's hope it gets a physical release.

Check out my Ebay profile!

For sale now:

The World of Final Fantasy - Vita

The Slayers complete first season! + More!

#19313 TooPoor   ∀ Game, ∃ Buy Price CAGiversary!   11366 Posts   Joined 6.2 Years Ago  

Posted 20 October 2017 - 04:18 PM

As long as it is localized I can live with Digital, better than nothing at this point.

Mathematically Correct.

Use factual statements, logical deductions, mathematical calculations and objective analysis; not rage.

My Trade List Currently inactive, no time to play any games _(:3」∠)_

NI_YA_SHA_BI.png

#19314 Supplice   Hi-Fi CAGiversary!   4375 Posts   Joined 8.2 Years Ago  

Supplice

Posted 20 October 2017 - 05:04 PM

Senran Kagura Interview: Producer Talks New Games, Platforms and Teases a “Really Exciting” 2018

Final Fantasy XV Multiplayer Expansion “Comrades” Delayed to Early November

Xenoblade Chronicles 2 – exploring the town of Grendle footage

Attack on Titan 2 commercial

#19315 dsman3717   Saber is Life CAGiversary!   578 Posts   Joined 4.9 Years Ago  

dsman3717

Posted 20 October 2017 - 05:16 PM

My Fire Emblem Warriors might arrive today? Not sure since it shipped really late yesterday. Hope it does.

ilovehinata.png
Currently Playing: :switch: Xenoblade Chronicles 2, Fire Emblem Warriors   :ps4: Kiwami 2, Blue Reflection, Tokyo Xanadu eX+     :ps3: Yakuza 5, Yakuza 1&2 HD   :xb1: Forza 7, Cuphead    :360: Catherine, Tales of Vesperia  :wiiu:  Tokyo Mirage Sessions #FE, Twilight Princess HD, Xenoblade Chronicles X   :vita:  Chaos;Child, Mary Skelter    :3ds:  Metroid Samus Returns, Fire Emblem Echoes, Pokemon Sun,  Mobile/Browser games: Fate/Grand Order, Tales of Link, LLSIF, Kantai Collection 

Spoiler

#19316 tsoul   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   398 Posts   Joined 6.4 Years Ago  

Posted 20 October 2017 - 06:26 PM

All my BestBuy preorders are still arriving on release date. It's been FedEx for years now.

I might be lucky and live near a warehouse.

#19317 cloudmd23   Tojo Clan Member CAGiversary!   178 Posts   Joined 9.4 Years Ago  

Posted 20 October 2017 - 08:14 PM

Spoiler

Mine got delayed too. So much for playing this weekend.

#19318 Squarehard   Nyaa~ CAGiversary!   20693 Posts   Joined 10.2 Years Ago  

Posted 20 October 2017 - 08:27 PM

If it makes you feel better, I rolled my performing arts Azura and Shigure earlier.

giphy.gif

gjDkeqL.gifv3llIct.gif

Spoiler

#19319 tsoul   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   398 Posts   Joined 6.4 Years Ago  

Posted 20 October 2017 - 09:16 PM

If it makes you feel better, I rolled my performing arts Azura and Shigure earlier.

But it's all about Aura now, the new hot waifu.

#19320 Nothing371   Tomorrow King - Interloper Kai CAGiversary!   6554 Posts   Joined 6.4 Years Ago  

Posted 20 October 2017 - 09:33 PM

Congratulations! This just happened for me:

PG5lorl.png

I finally got Shigure and Axe Azura yesterday too.   Life is finally complete again.  For now...

<3 Axura soo much.