* * * * - 24 votes

Japanese Niche Games Deals & Discussion Thread 4.0

#19831 whoknows   Time and Eternity for all of time and eternity CAGiversary!   39994 Posts   Joined 13.9 Years Ago  

Posted 14 November 2017 - 06:23 AM

That feel when I'm still getting Star Wars Battlefront 2 anyway.

msRhytG.gif

I guess I can just wait for you guys to get it next Black Friday then.

Do it. Buy what you want.

I'm just going to sit over here and watch trailers since I don't buy games.

you are a pillar of the video game/gaming community.  

Thanks you are truly a pillar of the community!

It's because of pillars like you, I remain in this community.  Thank you!

Spoken like a true pillar. The community sends its many thanks.

How dare you speak to the pillar of our community that way. If he says you're a closet vita fan he knows what he's talking about.

#19832 Souffrir   Eternally Training CAG CAGiversary!   3897 Posts   Joined 5.5 Years Ago  

Posted 14 November 2017 - 08:05 AM

Project.hack Game Series Could Get Remastered “If the Demand is There”

IMOQ had an excellent story and I would definitely pay for a remaster, even with the shitty outdated combat, but I'm not paying for the utter trash that is G.U. to get it.

You couldn't help noting with every breath that thousands of other people were very close to you and nearly all of them had armpits.

#19833 Supplice   Hi-Fi CAGiversary!   4620 Posts   Joined 8.5 Years Ago  

Supplice

Posted 14 November 2017 - 09:08 AM

New Valkyria Game by Sega Teases Two Mysterious Characters

Steins;Gate Elite Video Clip Shows Off Some Of Its Fully-Animated Scenes

Android 18 Shows Off Combos With Android 17 In Her Dragon Ball FighterZ Introduction Trailer

Shining Resonance PS4 Remaster Announced by Sega; Coming Next Year - JP

Shining Resonance Refrain Has +150 DLCs From The Original, Runs At 60fps With Various Improvements

Senran Kagura Burst Re:Newal Shows Off Costumes In New Screenshots, Skinship Teaser Video

Spoiler

Code: Realize ~Shirogane no Kiseki~ Japanese box arts

Yakuza Kiwami 2’s Demo Is Hitting Japan On November 22

SNK Is Back In The Fight With A Major Increase In Both Sales And Profit

#19834 gospelman   Irreducibly Complex CAGiversary!   1374 Posts   Joined 8.8 Years Ago  

Posted 14 November 2017 - 10:03 AM

Guess I'll give them a mulligan.  Get it right this time!

Interesting..I didn't know this was coming.  As someone who recently played through both S;G and S;G 0..  and then watched the full anime series..  I can say that I enjoyed the storytelling in the original games and voice acting much more than the anime with english dub.  So I'm not sure I will like this new product.. although I will admit I don't watch any anime outside of jrpg cutscense so I don't have a taste developed for it.  Regardless, I'm glad the series is getting attention and the new rework of S;G seems like it will be a great fit on Switch.  Might even rebuy if I can get the original voice acting.

Thanks for these updates, Supplice.  I should check this thread more often.

My Trade List featuring xbox credit & 12 mo gold sub.

#19835 Supplice   Hi-Fi CAGiversary!   4620 Posts   Joined 8.5 Years Ago  

Supplice

Posted 14 November 2017 - 02:31 PM

Atelier Lydie & Suelle launches March 27 in North America, March 30 in Europe

Sega Is Finally Thinking About A Worldwide Audience To Expand The Shining Series

#19836 Draekon   Kung-Fu Panda CAGiversary!   5536 Posts   Joined 12.4 Years Ago  

Posted 14 November 2017 - 03:19 PM

Sega Is Finally Thinking About A Worldwide Audience To Expand The Shining Series

About god damned time.

And what the hell? The PS3 original really has at least 150 DLC? I feel the need to look at the Japanese PSN store to see this ludicrous display.

#19837 luxoflux  

luxoflux

Posted 14 November 2017 - 05:25 PM

Thank you for posting that. Wow, I just watched the whole video and ugh... that part where they showed the loot crates you buy with money will give you additional credits too was disgusting. I still don't really get it to be honest, I feel like they made it so complicated and put in stuff like level restrictions is to cloud the heavy impact that microtransactions have on the game.

I too watched the video and am truly impressed at the level of work that went into designing, coding, an implementing such an elaborate system to screw you out of your money. End of the day folks are going to buy it, EA will make a killing, Disney will wonder what all the fuss was about, nothing will be learned and the cycle will start anew next year. 

Looking forward to the next Atelier game. I keep buying them but have not really played much of any of them. I think Too Many Shallies was the last one I really enjoyed. 

#19838 umbry   PokePro CAGiversary!   1601 Posts   Joined 5.2 Years Ago  

Posted 14 November 2017 - 06:29 PM

Random question:

Does Best buy charge when you purchase it? 

Do they put a Temp charge and then clears and charges when ships?

Thanks in advance

Wanna switch my Ni No Kuni 2 from Amazon to Best Buy for the GCU

pk.jpg

Friend Code: 2595.1798.1465

Tradelist 3DS/PS4 Games FirewatchPokemon

#19839 bappt   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   603 Posts   Joined 12.9 Years Ago  

Posted 14 November 2017 - 06:30 PM

Paypal orders are charged immediately. Other methods are credit holds.

#19840 Draekon   Kung-Fu Panda CAGiversary!   5536 Posts   Joined 12.4 Years Ago  

Posted 14 November 2017 - 06:32 PM

Weekly free PSN junk:

Little Nightmares

PS4

- Demo

Not seeing anything else this week. Seems like Dungeon Travelers 2, Lost Dimension, Jet Set Radio & Citizens of Earth are (still?) on sale. Other than that, there's no special sale this week.

#19841 Commodore Wheeler   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   1201 Posts   Joined 5.9 Years Ago  

Commodore Wheeler

Posted 14 November 2017 - 06:37 PM

Atelier Lydie and Suelle CE just went up at NISA. Glad to see they are back to doing these after skipping Firis.

#19842 bappt   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   603 Posts   Joined 12.9 Years Ago  

Posted 14 November 2017 - 06:50 PM

Its strange having a choice of system, but I went with Switch for the LE. No need to remote play and my poor PS4's fan can have a break.

#19843 NeoMonk  

Posted 14 November 2017 - 07:11 PM

Atelier Lydie and Suelle CE just went up at NISA.

Switch

PS4

Spoiler

#19844 chrislaustin   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   6221 Posts   Joined 12.5 Years Ago  

chrislaustin

Posted 14 November 2017 - 07:18 PM

Random question:

Does Best buy charge when you purchase it? 

Do they put a Temp charge and then clears and charges when ships?

Thanks in advance

Wanna switch my Ni No Kuni 2 from Amazon to Best Buy for the GCU

They do a temp hold, but I swear it last for weeks. As I see it for extended periods each and every time I buy something online with them.

"Listen y'all, if Chris of all people isn't complaining, then you know it's a non-issue." -tonyxvx

#19845 dsman3717   Saber is Life CAGiversary!   624 Posts   Joined 5.2 Years Ago  

dsman3717

Posted 14 November 2017 - 07:46 PM

I've gotten every Atelier LE so far, so I guess I'm getting that new one as well. 

It'll be a gift to myself since my birthday is 4 days after release. *tryingtojustifyanotherLE*

ilovehinata.png
Currently Playing: :switch: Xenoblade Chronicles 2, Fire Emblem Warriors   :ps4: Kiwami 2, Blue Reflection, Tokyo Xanadu eX+     :ps3: Yakuza 5, Yakuza 1&2 HD   :xb1: Forza 7, Cuphead    :360: Catherine, Tales of Vesperia  :wiiu:  Tokyo Mirage Sessions #FE, Twilight Princess HD, Xenoblade Chronicles X   :vita:  Chaos;Child, Mary Skelter    :3ds:  Metroid Samus Returns, Fire Emblem Echoes, Pokemon Sun,  Mobile/Browser games: Fate/Grand Order, Tales of Link, LLSIF, Kantai Collection 

Spoiler

#19846 Cloyd   Forever awaiting the English release of Moe Crystal. CAGiversary!   1038 Posts   Joined 11.9 Years Ago  

Posted 14 November 2017 - 08:32 PM

I've gotten every Atelier LE so far, so I guess I'm getting that new one as well. 

It'll be a gift to myself since my birthday is 4 days after release. *tryingtojustifyanotherLE*

I've gotten the PS Vita releases that are physicals, but none of the PS4 releases. I'm a sucker for physical PS Vita releases.

Please check out my mom's books - https://museituppubl...367-susan-royal

Cloyd-Royal.png
Currently Playing:  :ps4: Tales of Berseria :  :vita: Summon Night 6 :  :psp:  7th Dragon 2020 : :pc: Trails in the Sky SC :  :3ds: Dragon Quest V

Games Beaten 2018

Spoiler

#19847 Vinn   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   149 Posts   Joined 10.6 Years Ago  

Posted 14 November 2017 - 10:38 PM

Switch

PS4

Spoiler

Hmm should I stick with the PS4 or grab the Switch ver.?

#19848 Supplice   Hi-Fi CAGiversary!   4620 Posts   Joined 8.5 Years Ago  

Supplice

Posted 14 November 2017 - 11:01 PM

Okami HD Gets New Trailers and Bonus PS4 Themes as Pre-Orders Open for all Platforms

Spoiler

Nights of Azure 2 update out now (version 1.0.1)

Capcom’s official comments on future Switch plans

Pokemon Ultra Sun/Ultra Moon details – Necrozma, Battle Points, 3DS theme

Super Bomberman R update out now (version 2.0) – Grand Prix, new characters, more

#19849 Pheria   Trash Tier CAGiversary!   1197 Posts   Joined 7.6 Years Ago  

Posted 14 November 2017 - 11:08 PM

Hmm should I stick with the PS4 or grab the Switch ver.?

I think there's two, maybe three things to consider.

1. How badly do you want the ability to play it on the go?

2. How much does the (potential) quality/performance difference bother you? Probably the best you can look to for this are reviews of Nights of Azure 2 on Switch:

http://www.nintendol...of_the_new_moon

3. ..Trophies? Do you care?

Posted Image

#19850 whoknows   Time and Eternity for all of time and eternity CAGiversary!   39994 Posts   Joined 13.9 Years Ago  

Posted 14 November 2017 - 11:16 PM

I wish the update improved performance. I want it on the Switch, but apparently it's terrible on it. Anyone have it and have thoughts on it?

How dare you speak to the pillar of our community that way. If he says you're a closet vita fan he knows what he's talking about.

#19851 Vinn   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   149 Posts   Joined 10.6 Years Ago  

Posted 14 November 2017 - 11:30 PM

I think there's two, maybe three things to consider.

1. How badly do you want the ability to play it on the go?

2. How much does the (potential) quality/performance difference bother you? Probably the best you can look to for this are reviews of Nights of Azure 2 on Switch:

http://www.nintendol...of_the_new_moon

3. ..Trophies? Do you care?

Guess I will pick up the PS4 ver. then.  Don't really play on the go and if there is some performance issues on the Switch might as well just stick with the PS4 ver. then.

#19852 dsman3717   Saber is Life CAGiversary!   624 Posts   Joined 5.2 Years Ago  

dsman3717

Posted 14 November 2017 - 11:43 PM

The only reason I picked up Nights of Azure 2 on PS4 is because I have the original on PS4 as well. I felt like I should keep the series on the same platform for some reason.

Atelier will be a little hard for me to decide a platform. Atelier games have recently had alternating platforms (PS3/PS4/Vita and now Switch).

I guess the portable aspect in Atelier is a winning factor for me, so I'll likely get the Switch version.

ilovehinata.png
Currently Playing: :switch: Xenoblade Chronicles 2, Fire Emblem Warriors   :ps4: Kiwami 2, Blue Reflection, Tokyo Xanadu eX+     :ps3: Yakuza 5, Yakuza 1&2 HD   :xb1: Forza 7, Cuphead    :360: Catherine, Tales of Vesperia  :wiiu:  Tokyo Mirage Sessions #FE, Twilight Princess HD, Xenoblade Chronicles X   :vita:  Chaos;Child, Mary Skelter    :3ds:  Metroid Samus Returns, Fire Emblem Echoes, Pokemon Sun,  Mobile/Browser games: Fate/Grand Order, Tales of Link, LLSIF, Kantai Collection 

Spoiler

#19853 NeoMonk  

Posted 15 November 2017 - 03:02 AM

Bomberman R adds New Grand Prix Mode & Patch 2.0 is Live

Dengeki Stream for Hatsune Miku Project Diva Future Tone DX showing off features @ 5:AM EST

Anyone have it and have thoughts on it?

I actually started the game a few days ago on Switch and playing docked It's alright, but handheld mode you can tell there's drops.

#19854 whoknows   Time and Eternity for all of time and eternity CAGiversary!   39994 Posts   Joined 13.9 Years Ago  

Posted 15 November 2017 - 03:22 AM

I actually started the game a few days ago on Switch and playing docked It's alright, but handheld mode you can tell there's drops.

If I'd mainly be playing in handheld mode, still playable or avoid?

#19855 NeoMonk  

Posted 15 November 2017 - 03:36 AM

If I'd mainly be playing in handheld mode, still playable or avoid?

Honestly I can't recommend it if it's handheld mostly, It reminds me of SAO Hollow Realization on VITA(Not saying the game looks as bad we're just talking frames) where if you can get used to the drops the game is playable... but most people will notice something is off.

#19856 Supplice   Hi-Fi CAGiversary!   4620 Posts   Joined 8.5 Years Ago  

Supplice

Posted 15 November 2017 - 04:10 AM

Final Fantasy XV “Comrades” Multiplayer Expansion Gets New Screenshots Ahead of Today’s Release

New Valkyria Game Teases More Characters with Mysterious Silhouettes

Final Fantasy XII: The Zodiac Age fifth official broadcast set for November 21, teases ‘happy news’

Persona 4 Arena Joins The Xbox One Backwards Compatibility Library

Atelier Lydie And Suelle Details Fuuko, Neige, And Captain Buccan

Kayac and Gulti announce vertical scroll shoot ’em up RXN: Raijin for Switch

Dead or Alive Xtreme: Venus Vacation for PC Releases, Gets New Trailer

#19857 Starcrest   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   463 Posts   Joined 7.7 Years Ago  

Starcrest

Posted 15 November 2017 - 06:24 AM

Why is the Atelier LE 100 instead of 80?  

#19858 Vinn   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   149 Posts   Joined 10.6 Years Ago  

Posted 15 November 2017 - 06:27 AM

Why is the Atelier LE 100 instead of 80?  

Most NISA LE have been $100 for a while now.

#19859 barrit   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   2040 Posts   Joined 7.0 Years Ago  

Posted 15 November 2017 - 06:41 AM

They do a temp hold, but I swear it last for weeks. As I see it for extended periods each and every time I buy something online with them.

I can add to this. They put a temp hold when you first order it, then it goes away. It seems to randomly come back until the item is shipped. I guess it randomly comes back from time to time to make sure the funds are still there? I dunno. Just make sure you have enough to cover it from the time you pre-order until the release date.

I personally stay away from pre-ordering games from Best Best with a debit/credit card if they won't be released for a long time because of this.

#19860 Supplice   Hi-Fi CAGiversary!   4620 Posts   Joined 8.5 Years Ago  

Supplice

Posted 15 November 2017 - 12:54 PM

Phantom Breaker: Battle Grounds Overdrive Headed To Switch Via eShop On December 7 Worldwide

"Alternate routes from the PS4 version has been ommited in order to avoid over-complication."

Monster Hunter XX On Nintendo Switch’s Version 1.3.0 Update Adds Video Capture

Resident Evil Revelations 1 & 2 Switch features trailer

Spoiler

Arika’s “Mysterious Fighting Game” titled Fighting EX Layer, beta begins December 11

Next Persona character announcement expected for BlazBlue: Cross Tag Battle this week

FFXV Multiplayer Expansion Comrades – Launch Trailer

D.S. -Dal Segno- coming to PS4, PS Vita