* * * * - 24 votes

Japanese Niche Games Deals & Discussion Thread 4.0

#19891 chrislaustin   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   5265 Posts   Joined 11.9 Years Ago  

chrislaustin

Posted 17 November 2017 - 12:27 AM

The Gamestop Black Friday ad is pretty damn good, best one I've seen yet.

The PS4 slim 1tb is only $150, (if you factor in the $50 GC.) I know there's a few of us in this thread who don't have one yet, I think Motaku96 and Chrislaustin, and this might be the time to get it.

Very true, and thanks for the heads up. As $200 and under for the 1TB is pretty sweet. I discussed here recently how I might wait on the Pro down the road, as I really don't have the time currently to start any PS4 games. And with my PS3/360 backlog, and my sons new NS, plus 3DS/Vita, I have more than enough to play currently.

I don't expect the Pro the get to $200 for a few years, so I still may grab the Slim this holiday or down the road. I just haven't looked much in to it currently, due to time issues.

#19892 Nothing371   Tomorrow King - Interloper Kai CAGiversary!   6329 Posts   Joined 6.2 Years Ago  

Posted 17 November 2017 - 01:26 AM

When I bought Kingdom Hearts 2.8 off Amazon maybe around six months ago I got the EU veresion with the 'Pegi 16' plastered across the front of it.   Didn't want to waste one of my returns at the time, if you know what I mean by that.   But now I regret that I didn't send it back because it really bugs me that I have a EU version of the game for my collection.   Anyone else feel this same way? or ever have this happen? or am I crazy?

You begin to suspect that your bowl is a portal to the Meat Dimension.

#19893 Tothoro  

Posted 17 November 2017 - 01:32 AM

When I bought Kingdom Hearts 2.8 off Amazon maybe around six months ago I got the EU veresion with the 'Pegi 16' plastered across the front of it.   Didn't want to waste one of my returns at the time, if you know what I mean by that.   But now I regret that I didn't send it back because it really bugs me that I have a EU version of the game for my collection.   Anyone else feel this same way? or ever have this happen? or am I crazy?

I've had this happen when buying through AWD. 4/5 of the returns I've done this year were because of that. I always just send them back immediately - if I buy an item from the US/ESRB listing for the item I think it's reasonable that I should expect to receive the US/ESRB version of it.

COLStraightEdge.png xTOTHORO.png

#19894 DarthPwner  

Posted 17 November 2017 - 01:49 AM

When I bought Kingdom Hearts 2.8 off Amazon maybe around six months ago I got the EU veresion with the 'Pegi 16' plastered across the front of it. Didn't want to waste one of my returns at the time, if you know what I mean by that. But now I regret that I didn't send it back because it really bugs me that I have a EU version of the game for my collection. Anyone else feel this same way? or ever have this happen? or am I crazy?

I ordered the PS3 version of Steins;Gate a while ago and it was the UK version. I didn't have either version, but I am assuming either way, I can still get the trophies on it. Doesn't bother me much.

#19895 Covnam   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   1137 Posts   Joined 12.8 Years Ago  

Posted 17 November 2017 - 03:32 AM

Some quick Overwatch news for those interested. Moira is now live on all platforms as of a few hours ago. With this the Mercy nerf and the Ana buff have gone live as well. Patch Notes. The new map still isn't on PTR and won't release until early next year.

I don't expect anything more until December 5th, when I'd wager the Christmas event kicks in for three weeks.

Nice, didn't know she was coming out so soon. Can't wait to try her out later =)

#19896 ar4757   Makoto x Joker is canon CAGiversary!   776 Posts   Joined 3.4 Years Ago  

Posted 17 November 2017 - 04:06 AM

Those with KH2.8 did 0.2 feel laggy af for you like it did for me? I could hardly stand it coming from silky smooth KH2 a year ago on the PS3 (even in 30fps it felt super smooth in comparison to 0.2 on the PS4)

Now for the picture of the day:

51984_v.gif                                           I8AllDaBadgerz.png

#19897 Tora Chan   Making gainz and taking names CAGiversary!   592 Posts   Joined 3.8 Years Ago  

Posted 17 November 2017 - 04:08 AM

Those with KH2.8 did 0.2 feel laggy af for you like it did for me? I could hardly stand it coming from silky smooth KH2 a year ago on the PS3 (even in 30fps it felt super smooth in comparison to 0.2 on the PS4)

I thought the lag was just me, but I'm surprised to see someone else felt the same type of lag in the game.

Travis2310.png

#19898 SolidSnake86   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   1410 Posts   Joined 7.7 Years Ago  

SolidSnake86

Posted 17 November 2017 - 04:28 AM

The PS4 slim 1tb is only $150, (if you factor in the $50 GC.) I know there's a few of us in this thread who don't have one yet, I think Motaku96 and Chrislaustin, and this might be the time to get it.

That is an insanely good deal. If i were in the market for another PS4, I'd jump on this without a second thought. 

Horizontal-Banner-copy-e1469133668735.jp

#19899 nitrosmob   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   8017 Posts   Joined 11.4 Years Ago  

Posted 17 November 2017 - 04:32 AM

PS4 is the machine to have this game generation IMHO. Too many good exclusives. I'm sad I got it right away when there were a few decent games, and not getting it for super cheap like some will this BF.

#19900 ar4757   Makoto x Joker is canon CAGiversary!   776 Posts   Joined 3.4 Years Ago  

Posted 17 November 2017 - 04:55 AM

I thought the lag was just me, but I'm surprised to see someone else felt the same type of lag in the game.

Phew that's a relief, I had asked on the KH reddit but they mostly were fine with it / owned PS4 pro's. Which I think is silly for a series like KH. They kinda reassured me by saying how short 0.2's development cycle probably was and that KH3 will be better optimized. I sure hope so

Now for the picture of the day:

51984_v.gif                                           I8AllDaBadgerz.png

#19901 Olengie   Your Waifu is Kusoge. Except Mine CAGiversary!   10001 Posts   Joined 5.4 Years Ago  

Posted 17 November 2017 - 05:38 AM

I don't expect the Pro the get to $200 for a few years, so I still may grab the Slim this holiday or down the road. I just haven't looked much in to it currently, due to time issues.

Personally think this is the cheapest the PS4 Slim will ever be if you factor in the $50 GC

Cowboom doesn't exist anymore for dem cheap console deals. </3

#19902 SolidSnake86   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   1410 Posts   Joined 7.7 Years Ago  

SolidSnake86

Posted 17 November 2017 - 07:41 AM

Personally think this is the cheapest the PS4 Slim will ever be if you factor in the $50 GC

Yeah, I seriously can't see a PS4 going any lower--especially not the 1TB slim. I hate to remember what I spent for my 500GB fat model bundled with Arkham Knight (which I got on a deal--but nothing close to this).

Horizontal-Banner-copy-e1469133668735.jp

#19903 Supplice   Hmph CAGiversary!   4170 Posts   Joined 8.0 Years Ago  

Supplice

Posted 17 November 2017 - 10:10 AM

Earth Defense Force 4.1: Wing Diver The Shooter launches November 22 in Japan

Yuri Visual Novel ‘SeaBed’ Receives Western Release Date

New Valkyria Game Teases Even More Characters

Dragon’s Crown Pro Shows Off ‘Elf’ in New Character Trailer

-

The Caligula Effect: Overdose Announced For PS4 With Upgrades And A New Female Protagonist

Spoiler

The Caligula Effect Is Getting An Anime In Japan In April 2018

BlazeBlue Cross Tag Battle Reveals Yukiko Amagi, Gordeau, And Azrael

Spoiler

#19904 The Dead Texan   Rest in Peace, Big Rizzle CAGiversary!   3541 Posts   Joined 8.9 Years Ago  

The Dead Texan

Posted 17 November 2017 - 12:00 PM

Haven't seen Dragonball in well over a decade, but still very sad news that Bulma's seiyuu Hiromi Tsuru has passed away at 57. 

RIP

#19905 Starcrest   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   402 Posts   Joined 7.1 Years Ago  

Starcrest

Posted 17 November 2017 - 04:29 PM

I don't see anyone posting this: email from Aksys with sale until 11-27-17.

In fairness though it's only 20% and doesn't seem to have started even though the email said it starts today.

#19906 TooPoor   ∀ Game, ∃ Buy Price CAGiversary!   11161 Posts   Joined 6.0 Years Ago  

Posted 17 November 2017 - 04:34 PM

Heard as well, very sad. Now Super will need to bring in someone new I guess?

Mathematically Correct.

Use factual statements, logical deductions, mathematical calculations and objective analysis; not rage.

My Trade List Currently inactive, no time to play any games _(:3」∠)_

NI_YA_SHA_BI.png

#19907 Squarehard   Nyaa~ CAGiversary!   20516 Posts   Joined 9.9 Years Ago  

Posted 17 November 2017 - 06:00 PM

Haven't seen Dragonball in well over a decade, but still very sad news that Bulma's seiyuu Hiromi Tsuru has passed away at 57. 

RIP

She voiced so many of the series I grew up watching.

Such sad news.

RIP.

gjDkeqL.gifv3llIct.gif

Spoiler

#19908 shosaisyu   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   102 Posts   Joined 11.1 Years Ago  

shosaisyu

Posted 17 November 2017 - 06:07 PM

Glad I decided to get school girl zombie hunter from amazon.

Best buy has been coming soon for like a week, and now it's sold out. It never even went up. lol.

Why do they do that? Sometimes best buy is awesome, but sometimes stuff like that makes me hate them.

They have me by the balls, though because no other place offers discounts on CEs.

#19909 Supplice   Hmph CAGiversary!   4170 Posts   Joined 8.0 Years Ago  

Supplice

Posted 17 November 2017 - 07:46 PM

Code Vein Shows Brutal Anime Dark Souls-Like Action and Characters in New Trailer

Spoiler

Ni No Kuni II: Revenant Kingdom Looks Gorgeous in New Trailer

Spoiler

Zelda Is Game of the Year at the Golden Joystick Awards

Ace Attorney creator on Apollo Justice – using DS’ features, Resident Evil inspiration, new characters, more

#19910 elessar123  

Posted 17 November 2017 - 07:57 PM

To no one's surprise, because it automatically gets a +10 for being Zelda.

Spoiler

#19911 Draekon   Kung-Fu Panda CAGiversary!   5274 Posts   Joined 11.9 Years Ago  

Posted 17 November 2017 - 09:26 PM

To no one's surprise, because it automatically gets a +10 for being Zelda.

I would've laughed so hard if PlayerUnknown Battlegrounds won Game of the Year instead.

I voted for the hell of it and I don't really think anything I chose won except for Cuphead. Go figure. Not sure if I chose Horizon for PS GOTY on their meager voting selection or not.

#19912 Draekon   Kung-Fu Panda CAGiversary!   5274 Posts   Joined 11.9 Years Ago  

Posted 18 November 2017 - 12:35 AM

NIS Publisher Sale on Steam. Lasts until Monday's store update.

Sale seems alright, but not great. They don't have a large PC selection to begin with and since Black Friday is coming soon, Steam should have its large sale soon that might discount it further.

#19913 shadowysea07   Cjenvy I'm ready for you awd this time I'm wearing pants CAGiversary!   4044 Posts   Joined 4.5 Years Ago  

shadowysea07

Posted 18 November 2017 - 05:16 AM

IMOQ had an excellent story and I would definitely pay for a remaster, even with the shitty outdated combat, but I'm not paying for the utter trash that is G.U. to get it.

I liked some things from g.u.  like the combat and the mc having 4 unique classes.  I'd really love an option where you could switch controlled characters like in tales and star ocean though.  Oh and increasing party number since its an mmo after all so you should have a larger party.  They did in the animes.

Currently on the look out for a decent price on Pokemon XD Gale of Darkness.  

#19914 shadowysea07   Cjenvy I'm ready for you awd this time I'm wearing pants CAGiversary!   4044 Posts   Joined 4.5 Years Ago  

shadowysea07

Posted 18 November 2017 - 05:22 AM

Weekly free PSN junk:

Little Nightmares

PS4

- Demo

Not seeing anything else this week. Seems like Dungeon Travelers 2, Lost Dimension, Jet Set Radio & Citizens of Earth are (still?) on sale. Other than that, there's no special sale this week.

While I am thinking of it killer is dead is free via humble bundle.  

Beat steven universe save the light.  minus the bugs of which I ran into 2 loading bugs, 3 music bugs where I couldn't do the music puzzles and 1 nice bug that let me go through objects and only interact with warp pads.

#19915 shadowysea07   Cjenvy I'm ready for you awd this time I'm wearing pants CAGiversary!   4044 Posts   Joined 4.5 Years Ago  

shadowysea07

Posted 18 November 2017 - 05:36 AM

Well that was certainly a mish mash of a trailer.  I forgot about that game.  When is it even coming out?

#19916 shadowysea07   Cjenvy I'm ready for you awd this time I'm wearing pants CAGiversary!   4044 Posts   Joined 4.5 Years Ago  

shadowysea07

Posted 18 November 2017 - 05:44 AM

You used to be able to count on GS for one. thing.  That was $20 Tales games on BF!

Wow I guess it did better than expected if its breaking the 20$ pattern since xillia.  Even hearts r hit 20 and it was a limited print vita game.  I already got berseria when it was on sale on amazon for 24$. Glad I splurged for once since typically its after I buy it that games magically plummet in price.

#19917 shadowysea07   Cjenvy I'm ready for you awd this time I'm wearing pants CAGiversary!   4044 Posts   Joined 4.5 Years Ago  

shadowysea07

Posted 18 November 2017 - 05:52 AM

I do so miss cowboom and gohastings.

#19918 Squarehard   Nyaa~ CAGiversary!   20516 Posts   Joined 9.9 Years Ago  

Posted 18 November 2017 - 05:53 AM

I do so miss cowboom and gohastings.

I miss Hastings much more because it was my go to for literally every media, including manga. :*(

gjDkeqL.gifv3llIct.gif

Spoiler

#19919 shadowysea07   Cjenvy I'm ready for you awd this time I'm wearing pants CAGiversary!   4044 Posts   Joined 4.5 Years Ago  

shadowysea07

Posted 18 November 2017 - 06:02 AM

I miss Hastings much more because it was my go to for literally every media, including manga. :*(

I bought loads of games and dvds through them.  They had a dollar movie and such sale the one time so I got 20 or 30 dvd/blurays.

#19920 Supplice   Hmph CAGiversary!   4170 Posts   Joined 8.0 Years Ago  

Supplice

Posted 18 November 2017 - 07:21 AM

Girls und Panzer: Dream Tank Match launches February 22 in Japan

Spoiler