* * * * - 24 votes

Japanese Niche Games Deals & Discussion Thread 4.0

#20041 shadowysea07   Cjenvy I'm ready for you awd this time I'm wearing pants CAGiversary!   4044 Posts   Joined 4.5 Years Ago  

shadowysea07

Posted 23 November 2017 - 06:11 AM

Made some progress in .hack//g.u. ps4 almost to the final battles for the first tournament.  Happy that I am blazing through this since I want to get to 12 games finished this year at the least.

Currently on the look out for a decent price on Pokemon XD Gale of Darkness.  

#20042 Josef   Touched the dead CAGiversary!   10591 Posts   Joined 13.7 Years Ago  

Posted 23 November 2017 - 11:37 AM

Amazon typically has some niche game deals this weekend - is there a schedule anywhere for titles that will be on sale?  Or do they just randomly throw up stuff without warning?

#20043 bigstew  

Posted 23 November 2017 - 12:04 PM

My Senran Kagura PBS showed up today. Wayyyy smaller box than I expected. Looks nice though. Once I open it up I'll let you guys know if anyone wants to play some mp

yeah suprised me also when my preorder showed up, not sure how online is but i havent started since their were some issues plus i am waiting till they are done releasing dlc to figure out how much i want to spend

#20044 Draekon   Kung-Fu Panda CAGiversary!   5274 Posts   Joined 11.9 Years Ago  

Posted 23 November 2017 - 01:02 PM

Well, enjoy your Thanksgiving everyone. Would post a related image or something, but this is a US only holiday. So it's a pain to find something decent.

If you haven't been keeping up with the Steam thread, then Steam started their Autumn Sale the other day. It lasts until next Tuesday. If you have the Enhanced Steam addon installed and have been wishlisting games, then you can just look through that list to see if there are any discounts that you're interested in.

Amazon typically has some niche game deals this weekend - is there a schedule anywhere for titles that will be on sale?  Or do they just randomly throw up stuff without warning?

To my knowledge, some can be found on the Black Friday Deals Week Page and then refining the page to PC & Video Games. Others just seem to randomly pop up without prior notice on occasion. Could be wrong though. However Amazon's game related sales have been pretty poor the last couple holiday seasons.

All I really see now is Persona 5 for $30 and Yakuza Kiwami Steelbook for $20.

EDIT: Typos.

#20045 Draekon   Kung-Fu Panda CAGiversary!   5274 Posts   Joined 11.9 Years Ago  

Posted 23 November 2017 - 02:56 PM

I should mention I beat Demon Gazer II. It was kinda ehh. Not bad, but not really good either. Just pretty average in my opinion.

Spoiler

I did obtain the Platinum trophy for the game. So it's not a hard one to obtain seeing as I was able to get it. Just play through the story, complete the mushroom/skull side mission and obtain all the demons (including the 5 optional or so; Post-game one not necessary)

#20046 Tony Da Tiger   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   120 Posts   Joined 5.2 Years Ago  

Tony Da Tiger

Posted 23 November 2017 - 03:02 PM

Didn't see it mentioned but Drive Girls for Vita has been dropping steadily.

$16.48 right now on Amazon https://www.amazon.c...EK8HR9REFE7GTYR

#20047 NeoMonk  

Posted 23 November 2017 - 06:25 PM

Shinobi Refle: Senran Kagura Switch Gameplay

Spoiler

Webp.net-gifmaker777b0.gifezgif.com-resize6bea7.gif

#20048 EdJericho   2.5D Seiyuu Fanboy CAGiversary!   733 Posts   Joined 4.5 Years Ago  

Posted 23 November 2017 - 06:36 PM

Well, enjoy your Thanksgiving everyone. Would post a related image or something, but this is a US only holiday. So it's a pain to find something decent.

2aEPidv.gif

a2JEVSf.gifT6rlETZ.gif

#20049 SolidSnake86   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   1410 Posts   Joined 7.7 Years Ago  

SolidSnake86

Posted 23 November 2017 - 06:42 PM

Wow. Today I'm thankful someone is making games like these.

Horizontal-Banner-copy-e1469133668735.jp

#20050 Supplice   Hmph CAGiversary!   4171 Posts   Joined 8.0 Years Ago  

Supplice

Posted 23 November 2017 - 06:48 PM

not sure how online is but i havent started since their were some issues plus i am waiting till they are done releasing dlc to figure out how much i want to spend

The last patch allowed for global matchmaking, but it couldn't breathe any life into an already dead community. The last DLC that hasn't made it over to the west are the Valkyrie Drive characters.

-

Attack on Titan 2 Gets New Screenshots Showing New Characters and Gameplay Mechanics

#20051 nitrosmob   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   8017 Posts   Joined 11.4 Years Ago  

Posted 23 November 2017 - 06:49 PM

Draekon I always bow down to your ability to finish games. Only thing I finish relatively quickly are VNs since I read quickly.

#20052 BlackRockWaifu   Advocate for the Black Friday Champion Fredyyy CAGiversary!   2769 Posts   Joined 4.2 Years Ago  

BlackRockWaifu

Posted 23 November 2017 - 08:32 PM

Happy Thanksgiving everyone! I cannot think of a single instance where an anime or niche game has had a thanksgiving moment, so this is the best I could find...

7060cf38b2e50368e148898ac226380391e126da

Don't do that too much though...  (I think this is the cruise ship episode where they get stranded on the sinking ship and then James' magikarp evolves into a gyarados. Not too sure, but I used to be able to remember all the exact details in each and every pokemon episode as a kid.)

The last patch allowed for global matchmaking, but it couldn't breathe any life into an already dead community. The last DLC that hasn't made it over to the west are the Valkyrie Drive characters.

If we get enough people on this thread to play it, and set up a session, we can revive the community! ...maybe...

Check out my new album! BRW Tries Español (Horribly)

Flips Won't Die - Suckira     Incognito - BRW Fonsi Ft. Nico Yazawa

Check out the CAG Backloggers Anonymous Group! Game of August: Final Fantasy Type-0

AWD Unboxing Video      AWD Unboxing 2: The Revenge     Nier Automata: Black Box CE Unboxing

#20053 Supplice   Hmph CAGiversary!   4171 Posts   Joined 8.0 Years Ago  

Supplice

Posted 24 November 2017 - 01:30 AM

Haha, I would love to actually have people to play it with for once! Even just the survival mode. 

Yeah, but most of the people who's had the game since launch probably are super high level or have amazing cards by now. I only played a few chapters of the story, so I'm nowhere near that level yet.

If we get enough people on this thread to play it, and set up a session, we can revive the community! ...maybe...

I'm wouldn't mind playing again and I play nice in 3v3..  O:)

Spoiler

#20054 new1   Cyber Sleuth in Training CAGiversary!   473 Posts   Joined 14.0 Years Ago  

Posted 24 November 2017 - 01:48 AM

Add me to this Id love to Peace beach splash it up! Psn: andydvd

andydvd.png

#20055 itzd4n   Dank Lean CAGiversary!   526 Posts   Joined 7.4 Years Ago  

Posted 24 November 2017 - 01:54 AM

I'm wouldn't mind playing again and I play nice in 3v3.. O:)

Spoiler

Count me in it to wet it

qnwz8j.jpg

:ps4: Overwatch/Bloodborne/Transistor   ::   :vita: Valkyrie Drive Bhikkuni  ::   :3ds: Pokemon Moon

#20056 BlackRockWaifu   Advocate for the Black Friday Champion Fredyyy CAGiversary!   2769 Posts   Joined 4.2 Years Ago  

BlackRockWaifu

Posted 24 November 2017 - 01:58 AM

If you guys want to play Peach Beach Splash, or set up a gaming session sometime, join the PSN community for the niche thread. It's probably the easiest way to get everyone together, especially since it's a PS4 exclusive.

You can look up "CAG Japanese" and it'll be the 1st result that pops up called "CAG Japanese Niche Games Community." You won't miss it, there's a super cute girl as the wallpaper (if that isn't incentive alone to look it up.) If you can't find it, PM me or leave a message here. Thanks!

P.S. There's a PSN Communities app too if you don't want to use it on the PS4.

Check out my new album! BRW Tries Español (Horribly)

Flips Won't Die - Suckira     Incognito - BRW Fonsi Ft. Nico Yazawa

Check out the CAG Backloggers Anonymous Group! Game of August: Final Fantasy Type-0

AWD Unboxing Video      AWD Unboxing 2: The Revenge     Nier Automata: Black Box CE Unboxing

#20057 Supplice   Hmph CAGiversary!   4171 Posts   Joined 8.0 Years Ago  

Supplice

Posted 24 November 2017 - 02:01 AM

34 minutes of Code: Realize ~Shirogane no Kiseki~ gameplay

Anime Action MMORPG Closers Unleashes Frantic 3D Combat On Early Access

The Idolmaster: Stella Stage Yayoi Takatsuki idol introduction trailer

Spoiler

Spoiler

#20058 Miker525  

Posted 24 November 2017 - 02:08 AM

how was amazon's packing?

Far from great. That may have been my own fault though. My order contained a few other items so they shipped my stuff in a massive box. So everything was moving and rattling around. Peach Beach Splash wasn't damaged but easily could have been

I write posts and make content and sometimes even podcast on this website I created: It's called Gamerations. Check it out if you think I'm a good internet guy. 

THESE ARE ALL THE (PHYSICAL) GAMES I OWN. | YEARLY SPENDING ON GAMES. | YEARLY COMPLETED GAMES.

Steam: Miker525 | XBL: Miker525 | PSN: MikeRosenberg

- If you add me give me a heads up so I know to not auto decline it -

#20059 EdJericho   2.5D Seiyuu Fanboy CAGiversary!   733 Posts   Joined 4.5 Years Ago  

Posted 24 November 2017 - 02:10 AM

I can finally open up my copy!

EzUpkKU.gif

a2JEVSf.gifT6rlETZ.gif

#20060 NeoMonk  

Posted 24 November 2017 - 03:21 AM

Shinobi Refle: Senran Kagura Trailer

Miku Expo Merch on sale (shipping prices kind of suck though)

#20061 Supplice   Hmph CAGiversary!   4171 Posts   Joined 8.0 Years Ago  

Supplice

Posted 24 November 2017 - 09:43 AM

Yakuza Kiwami 2’s New Commercials Promise “Extreme Entertainment for Adults”

Bandai Namco Teases Mysterious New Game

Shinobi, Koi Utsutsu Game Announced for PS4 with PS4 Pro Support

Super Robot Wars Series To Reveal New Information On A December 11 Live Stream

#20062 Souffrir   Eternally Training CAG CAGiversary!   3712 Posts   Joined 5.0 Years Ago  

Posted 24 November 2017 - 10:20 AM

Any opinions on whether physical copies of Yakuza 0 are likely to go lower than $30? On the one hand, I'm not going to be able to play it for several months at least, but on the other, I'm nervous it'll go out of print.

You couldn't help noting with every breath that thousands of other people were very close to you and nearly all of them had armpits.

#20063 62t   Zune Duck! CAGiversary!   19784 Posts   Joined 13.2 Years Ago  

Posted 24 November 2017 - 03:53 PM

Any opinions on whether physical copies of Yakuza 0 are likely to go lower than $30? On the one hand, I'm not going to be able to play it for several months at least, but on the other, I'm nervous it'll go out of print.

The old Yakuza games were out of print for a while so I would not wait

3DS FC 0731-4770-3312

#20064 Olengie   Your Waifu is Kusoge. Except Mine CAGiversary!   10003 Posts   Joined 5.4 Years Ago  

Posted 24 November 2017 - 05:52 PM

This is probably one of the few times it will go on sale for a price that low

#20065 Miker525  

Posted 24 November 2017 - 05:57 PM

Like everyone else said. The other Yakuza games never got too low in price and by the time they did at places like GS they were basically sold everywhere. Admittedly Yakuza 0 sold better than previous games, but still. This is the lowest the game has been yet and just based on history it's probably not worth risking the wait for marginal amounts you might save. It's an incredible game too - very worth the price. I originally bought it digitally, but picked it up again during this sale just so I could have a physical copy.

I write posts and make content and sometimes even podcast on this website I created: It's called Gamerations. Check it out if you think I'm a good internet guy. 

THESE ARE ALL THE (PHYSICAL) GAMES I OWN. | YEARLY SPENDING ON GAMES. | YEARLY COMPLETED GAMES.

#20066 nitrosmob   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   8017 Posts   Joined 11.4 Years Ago  

Posted 24 November 2017 - 06:16 PM

I wouldn't sleep on Yakuza 0 or Kiwami. I slept on Yakuza 2 in the past and once it was discounted at Gamestop, I couldn't find it anywhere. Can't wait for Yakuza 6/2 Remake. I never played either so excited.

#20067 luxoflux  

luxoflux

Posted 24 November 2017 - 06:24 PM

Superdimension Neptune VS Sega Hard Girls just went up on Fanatical as a flash deal putting it at $11.99 + their 10% off coupon. Cost me $10.79 total which I believe to be the lowest this game has been since release. 

#20068 Miker525  

Posted 24 November 2017 - 06:33 PM

I wouldn't sleep on Yakuza 0 or Kiwami. I slept on Yakuza 2 in the past and once it was discounted at Gamestop, I couldn't find it anywhere. Can't wait for Yakuza 6/2 Remake. I never played either so excited.

After finishing Kiwami I ordered a copy of Yakuza 2 :ps2: off ebay so I could continue playing through the saga. The gameplay is super outdated and pretty terrible when compared to the modern games, but god damn the story is excellent. Can't wait for Kiwami 2. Gonnabe sooo good

#20069 NeoMonk  

Posted 24 November 2017 - 06:40 PM

Miku controller arrived before the game..

Spoiler

#20070 motaku96   CAG in Training CAGiversary!   1682 Posts   Joined 4.8 Years Ago  

Posted 24 November 2017 - 07:02 PM

Superdimension Neptune VS Sega Hard Girls just went up on Fanatical as a flash deal putting it at $11.99 + their 10% off coupon. Cost me $10.79 total which I believe to be the lowest this game has been since release. 

That reminds me that Tales of Berseria is $17.32 after coupon. Not too bad but I've waited so long and don't intend to play it right away so I'll pass for now.

Btw, I went to gamestop to try to get the PS4 with $50 gift card but they were sold out of course. Really just need to get it in time for the Girls und Panzer game. Also I noticed in the trailer they used Panzerfahren as the translation for senshado, someone's been watching commie subs.