* * * * - 24 votes

Japanese Niche Games Deals & Discussion Thread 4.0

#20431 shadowysea07   Cjenvy I'm ready for you awd this time I'm wearing pants CAGiversary!   4131 Posts   Joined 4.8 Years Ago  

shadowysea07

Posted 06 December 2017 - 12:13 AM

I'd honestly rather have a remake that fixes the battle system in Xenosaga 1-3. It's so god damned slow and boring. Hopefully they at the very least include a speed up toggle for battle in it. Otherwise I'm not sure I'll ever replay it.

And yes, the map and compass is absolutely terrible in Xenoblade Chronicles 2. Worst out of all the games so far. Wish they'd take some cues from the latest Doom and how it did its maps. The game constantly reminds me that I hate poor design choices.

I played the original with cheat codes to speed up the battle system and the slow ass movement for dungeons.

Currently on the look out for a decent price on Pokemon XD Gale of Darkness.  

#20432 whoknows   Time and Eternity for all of time and eternity CAGiversary!   39949 Posts   Joined 13.5 Years Ago  

Posted 06 December 2017 - 12:22 AM

The battle system in Xenosaga 3 is fast though.

you are a pillar of the video game/gaming community.  

Thanks you are truly a pillar of the community!

It's because of pillars like you, I remain in this community.  Thank you!

Spoken like a true pillar. The community sends its many thanks.

How dare you speak to the pillar of our community that way. If he says you're a closet vita fan he knows what he's talking about.

#20433 Green Card200   The Time Mage CAGiversary!   2232 Posts   Joined 10.4 Years Ago  

Green Card200

Posted 06 December 2017 - 12:25 AM

I agree slow battle systems/movements are unacceptable but it's bandai namco so they will just slightly improve the graphics and call it a day. 

Smile Support Society. We play horror/retro games -  Games I'm Selling/Trading

#20434 gpn   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   154 Posts   Joined 14.3 Years Ago  

Posted 06 December 2017 - 01:19 AM

I guess it's time to take a break from Skyrim VR.

#20435 smokiebear   CAG in Training CAGiversary!   67 Posts   Joined 5.0 Years Ago  

smokiebear

Posted 06 December 2017 - 01:24 AM

FUS ROH SPLASH!

#20436 Miker525  

Posted 06 December 2017 - 01:28 AM

How is the last Digimon world? With it going on sale I'm tempted to pick it up but I've heard it takes hardcore planning and potential spreadsheets to play properly and I just don't have time for that kinda crap :/

THESE ARE ALL THE (PHYSICAL) GAMES I OWN. | YEARLY SPENDING ON GAMES.

Steam: Miker525 | XBL: Miker525 | PSN: MikeRosenberg

- If you add me give me a heads up so I know to not auto decline it -

#20437 Killbomb   Waiting for Darkness CAGiversary!   3309 Posts   Joined 9.2 Years Ago  

Posted 06 December 2017 - 02:29 AM

I found GameSpot's video pretty helpful, maybe some others will too:

I read the article below if anybody would prefer a text guide instead of video. One tip not in that guide is to buy some musical instruments for your pouches that will charge your specials faster thus allowing you to combo more easily. 

https://www.rpgsite....iving-in-alrest

Killbomb.png

#20438 Covnam   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   1164 Posts   Joined 13.0 Years Ago  

Posted 06 December 2017 - 03:29 AM

I agree on the map issues. I wish there was a dedicated map. The fact that the only map we have is that one used for fast travel really throws me off.

Other than that, I have been enjoying the game. Currently doing some quests since I reached a boss battle that I am not leveled up for yet.

Yeah, the map system is not the greatest but it's manageable. The game also really needs a digital manual or an in-game help database. The battle system is pretty complex and while the game does offer tutorials you only get to view them once. I think I've got a pretty good grasp on it now after reading a few articles online and that's definitely increased my enjoyment of the game.

Yeah, definitely agree about the map, how could they not include a dedicated one? And it's rather odd that there's no digital manual or in game tutorial archive or guide. You even have to buy tips on how to play in game. Really an odd decision.

There's other things I could go on about, but I'm still enjoying it, so I guess in the end that's what counts.

#20439 luxoflux  

luxoflux

Posted 06 December 2017 - 04:13 AM

So... how is XBC2 holding up? Seems there have been some interesting points/counter points floating around. If I did not like XBC1 or XBCX is 2 worth a look? I do love JRPGs and all the troupes that go along with it but I also do not appreciate poor design choices and things wasting my time because "lolz it's a jrpg that's why". 

#20440 Supplice   Hi-Fi CAGiversary!   4375 Posts   Joined 8.2 Years Ago  

Supplice

Posted 06 December 2017 - 04:27 AM

Free PlayStation VR Exclusive Fate/Grand Order VR Now Available for Download

The Idolmaster: Stella Stage Gets New Trailer Starring Ami Futami

Spoiler

Okami HD for PS4, Xbox One, and PC Gets New Trailers: Itegami, Gekigami, Kabegami, and Orochi

One Piece: World Seeker announced for PS4

Atelier Lydie & Suelle Gets New Gameplay Trailer Showing Synthesis

Spoiler

Bandai Namco trademarks One’s Justice in Europe

#20441 reaperztoll  

reaperztoll

Posted 06 December 2017 - 04:52 AM

So... how is XBC2 holding up? Seems there have been some interesting points/counter points floating around. If I did not like XBC1 or XBCX is 2 worth a look? I do love JRPGs and all the troupes that go along with it but I also do not appreciate poor design choices and things wasting my time because "lolz it's a jrpg that's why". 

If you didn't enjoy either of the previous titles run, don't walk, away from this one.

Too much real life, not enough time for video games

#20442 Supplice   Hi-Fi CAGiversary!   4375 Posts   Joined 8.2 Years Ago  

Supplice

Posted 06 December 2017 - 03:51 PM

Dragon’s Crown Pro coming west in Spring 2018

Spoiler

#20443 ar4757   Makoto x Joker is canon CAGiversary!   817 Posts   Joined 3.6 Years Ago  

Posted 06 December 2017 - 04:44 PM

I haven't tried playing this in handheld mode, but I can only imagine how bad it would look and run.  

I'm pretty sure handheld mode runs BotW, at least, smoother haha

Now for the picture of the day:

51984_v.gif                                           I8AllDaBadgerz.png

#20444 bappt   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   522 Posts   Joined 12.6 Years Ago  

Posted 06 December 2017 - 05:02 PM

It's like DOAX3. Just a model viewer.

#20445 dsman3717   Saber is Life CAGiversary!   578 Posts   Joined 4.9 Years Ago  

dsman3717

Posted 06 December 2017 - 05:25 PM

Time to bust out the VR ;) .

ilovehinata.png
Currently Playing: :switch: Xenoblade Chronicles 2, Fire Emblem Warriors   :ps4: Kiwami 2, Blue Reflection, Tokyo Xanadu eX+     :ps3: Yakuza 5, Yakuza 1&2 HD   :xb1: Forza 7, Cuphead    :360: Catherine, Tales of Vesperia  :wiiu:  Tokyo Mirage Sessions #FE, Twilight Princess HD, Xenoblade Chronicles X   :vita:  Chaos;Child, Mary Skelter    :3ds:  Metroid Samus Returns, Fire Emblem Echoes, Pokemon Sun,  Mobile/Browser games: Fate/Grand Order, Tales of Link, LLSIF, Kantai Collection 

Spoiler

#20446 sherlock2g   Like Whoa! CAGiversary!   1000 Posts   Joined 6.1 Years Ago  

sherlock2g

Posted 06 December 2017 - 06:05 PM

Just a heads up. Tales of Berseria has a retail sale/price drop of $19.99. So far it's $20 at BB and Gamestop. 

robsAgeek.png

#20447 reaperztoll  

reaperztoll

Posted 06 December 2017 - 06:09 PM

Kind of surprised to see this at 49.99, thought this would be a 39.99 title. 

#20448 nitrosmob   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   8170 Posts   Joined 11.6 Years Ago  

Posted 06 December 2017 - 07:16 PM

Kind of surprised to see this at 49.99, thought this would be a 39.99 title. 

I'll wait for it to go down...maybe people are more excited for PS3 titles coming to PS4 (I know this will be gorgeous), but for myself, I like to wait for price drops.

#20449 reaperztoll  

reaperztoll

Posted 06 December 2017 - 09:48 PM

I'll wait for it to go down...maybe people are more excited for PS3 titles coming to PS4 (I know this will be gorgeous), but for myself, I like to wait for price drops.

Oh definitely, just kind of shocking given it launched at 49.99 on the PS3 back in August of 2013. 

#20450 Olengie   Your Waifu is Kusoge. Except Mine CAGiversary!   10409 Posts   Joined 5.6 Years Ago  

Posted 07 December 2017 - 12:12 AM

Weekly free PSN junk:

Rez Infinite

PS4

- Rez Singularity Dynamic Theme

Not really seeing anything else remotely thread related this week. However December's PS+ Games are up.

Excited to play some Kung Fu Panda

#20451 Draekon   Kung-Fu Panda CAGiversary!   5393 Posts   Joined 12.1 Years Ago  

Posted 07 December 2017 - 12:17 AM

Shantae's final DLC is releasing within the next couple weeks. So below is the trailer for the DLC. It should be cannon that takes place during the main story. Also Iconoclasts received a release date of January 23rd. It's from the developer of Noitu Love. It looks like it'll be a fun metroidvania and it'll release on PS4/Vita along side the PC release.

#20452 denpanosekai  

denpanosekai

Posted 07 December 2017 - 12:26 AM

Iconoclasts looks fantastic but I think I'll wait a bit and see if it gets announced by LRG

#20453 gpn   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   154 Posts   Joined 14.3 Years Ago  

Posted 07 December 2017 - 01:19 AM

It's like DOAX3. Just a model viewer.

¯\_(ツ)_/¯   I've got no problem with that.

giphy.gif

#20454 Killbomb   Waiting for Darkness CAGiversary!   3309 Posts   Joined 9.2 Years Ago  

Posted 07 December 2017 - 03:10 AM

Yeah, definitely agree about the map, how could they not include a dedicated one? And it's rather odd that there's no digital manual or in game tutorial archive or guide. You even have to buy tips on how to play in game. Really an odd decision.

There's other things I could go on about, but I'm still enjoying it, so I guess in the end that's what counts.

I'm enjoying it as well but here are some things not mentioned that bug me about XC2:

1. Unless I'm missing something, you can't tell which monsters are aggressive just by looking at their level/name when you press R.

2. Loot flies off way too far when opening a chest or defeating monsters. I've lost some due to it falling off a high place.

3. Voices repeat way too often especially in battle. "Think ye can take me? Don't forget me!"

Killbomb.png

#20455 Draekon   Kung-Fu Panda CAGiversary!   5393 Posts   Joined 12.1 Years Ago  

Posted 07 December 2017 - 04:44 AM

I'm enjoying it as well but here are some things not mentioned that bug me about XC2:

1. Unless I'm missing something, you can't tell which monsters are aggressive just by looking at their level/name when you press R.

2. Loot flies off way too far when opening a chest or defeating monsters. I've lost some due to it falling off a high place.

3. Voices repeat way too often especially in battle. "Think ye can take me? Don't forget me!"

1) Correct. It's a step back from X. Things seem to start having delayed aggro about 5 levels lower than you and will stop aggro'ing around 10 levels lower than you. Some exceptions apply. I just assume everything aggros prior to seeing their level though.

2) Yep. Lost a ton of stuff. I've also had items fall into water and not let me pick it up twice for whatever reason.

3) Yeah. You can disable battle (?) voices entirely I believe, but it's too much regardless.

I've also crashed 3 times now. Clipped through walls about a half dozen walls (Most common hitting ladders at weird angles). Fell through the ground once. Had mobs reset on me in the middle of battle more than a few times. Had enemies spaz out and run out of aggro range faster than I could catch up to them. Then there was a 'runner' enemy that aggro'd about 20 mobs before I died as it never stopped grabbing new ones. Also been killed through the floor and wall never seeing what aggro'd me. Oh and using potion abilities on larger enemies sends them flying waaaaaaay away from the enemy.

I'm sure there are more, but I'll stop there before I make myself angry.

#20456 reaperztoll  

reaperztoll

Posted 07 December 2017 - 06:00 AM

Draekon are you playing docked or undocked when you have these crashes?

#20457 Olengie   Your Waifu is Kusoge. Except Mine CAGiversary!   10409 Posts   Joined 5.6 Years Ago  

Posted 07 December 2017 - 06:09 AM

Iconoclasts looks fantastic but I think I'll wait a bit and see if it gets announced by LRG

Or if it gets a physical release at all. 

#20458 Supplice   Hi-Fi CAGiversary!   4375 Posts   Joined 8.2 Years Ago  

Supplice

Posted 07 December 2017 - 07:44 AM

Fire Emblem Warriors First DLC Gets Screenshots: New Characters, Armor Break, Costumes and More

Nintendo Switch Passes 2.5 Million Units Sold in Japan; PS4 Passes 5.5 Million Units

Xenoblade Chronicles 2 Misses Media Create Top Spot

New Gameplay And Development Details On Mega Man 11

Visual Novel Hoshizora no Memoria Launches on Steam and Denapsoft Next Week

Atelier Lydie & Suelle Presentation live stream set for December 14

#20459 Draekon   Kung-Fu Panda CAGiversary!   5393 Posts   Joined 12.1 Years Ago  

Posted 07 December 2017 - 11:47 AM

Draekon are you playing docked or undocked when you have these crashes?

Docked as I pretty much never play undocked. I've looked around and they seem to be somewhat common among people with a fair amount of hours played. One of those wasn't a traditional crash, but the game hit infinite loading during fast travel which forced me to reboot the console.

It seems like the longer you leave the game on continually, the worse symptoms appear (such as textures taking much longer to load in). It may be related to that since I tend to leave it on for long periods due to one of the game mechanics since putting it to sleep stops the timer while I do other things. Every crash/infinite load has been after a long period.

The game doesn't auto-save outside of using Core Crystals, so just be safe and save somewhat frequently. It may also help to save and reboot the system game if you're seeing texture issues become more of a problem too.

#20460 Killbomb   Waiting for Darkness CAGiversary!   3309 Posts   Joined 9.2 Years Ago  

Posted 07 December 2017 - 01:02 PM

I've also crashed 3 times now. Clipped through walls about a half dozen walls (Most common hitting ladders at weird angles). Fell through the ground once. Had mobs reset on me in the middle of battle more than a few times. Had enemies spaz out and run out of aggro range faster than I could catch up to them. Then there was a 'runner' enemy that aggro'd about 20 mobs before I died as it never stopped grabbing new ones. Also been killed through the floor and wall never seeing what aggro'd me. Oh and using potion abilities on larger enemies sends them flying waaaaaaay away from the enemy.

I'm sure there are more, but I'll stop there before I make myself angry.

Yeah, that runner enemy got me killed once so I avoid or run away from them now. I haven't had any crashes over the 15 hours or so I've played but I do put the system into sleep mode whenever I go to bed or work. I don't think you can turn off the battle voices. I tried turning off "Battle Narration" but everyone was still yelling over each other. That setting only disables the guy who says "Heat Topple" and stuff like that.

Killbomb.png