* * * * - 24 votes

Japanese Niche Games Deals & Discussion Thread 4.0

#20521 The Dead Texan   Rest in Peace, Big Rizzle CAGiversary!   3685 Posts   Joined 9.5 Years Ago  

The Dead Texan

Posted 09 December 2017 - 03:10 AM

You've said this twice but haven't mentioned the more deserving games in your opinion.

My personal list of things better than Zelda:

1. Nier: Automata Route C

2. Nier: Automata Route A

3. Persona 5

4. Nier: Automata Route B

5. Mario Odyssey

6. PUBG

7. Gravity Rush 2

8. Nioh

9. Xenoblade

10. Zelda

#20522 BlackRockWaifu   Advocate for the Black Friday Champion Fredyyy CAGiversary!   2933 Posts   Joined 4.8 Years Ago  

BlackRockWaifu

Posted 09 December 2017 - 03:20 AM

:ps4: BlazBlue: Central Fiction Limited Edition $50.14

:ps4: GalGun: Double Peace $17.42 + $4.49 shipping

:ps4: Utawarerumono: Mask of Deception $26.39

#20523 itzd4n   Dank Lean CAGiversary!   721 Posts   Joined 8.0 Years Ago  

Posted 09 December 2017 - 03:39 AM

You've said this twice but haven't mentioned the more deserving games in your opinion.

off the top of my head; Horizon Zero Dawn, Nier: Automata, Ni-oh, Persona 5, Hellblade: Senua's Sacrifice

#20524 Supplice   Hi-Fi CAGiversary!   4668 Posts   Joined 8.6 Years Ago  

Supplice

Posted 09 December 2017 - 03:49 AM

Needs more Yakuza.

Spoiler

#20525 denpanosekai  

denpanosekai

Posted 09 December 2017 - 04:21 AM

:ps4: GalGun: Double Peace $17.42 + $4.49 shipping

regarding Gal Gun, I got the European limited edition for about that price on ebay. Worth considering.

#20526 Supplice   Hi-Fi CAGiversary!   4668 Posts   Joined 8.6 Years Ago  

Supplice

Posted 09 December 2017 - 05:37 AM

BlazBlue Cross Tag Battle Receives New Trailer at PlayStation Expereince; Coming to North America in 2018

Spoiler

The Last Guardian VR Demo Announced at PlayStation Experience; Coming on December 12 for Free

Spoiler

Spoiler

#20527 shadowysea07   Cjenvy I'm ready for you awd this time I'm wearing pants CAGiversary!   4257 Posts   Joined 5.2 Years Ago  

shadowysea07

Posted 09 December 2017 - 05:39 AM

Yes, but more frequently. (this is the sixth Soul Calibur, after all) Also, until recently Nami actually bothered to wear a full shirt most of the time. It didn't exactly mitigate the cleavage-creep, but it did at least draw less attention to it. Post time-skip, all bets are off in One-Piece.

In Soul Calibur, I think it's becoming a real issue. The preview video they posted didn't even feature Ivy, and I was still getting way too much of a sense of cleavage-creep. While Sophitia has always been reasonably buxom, I never associated her with that particular physical attribute. The level of endowment that they are foisting on her already just seems excessive. They need to exercise a bit more restraint in this department. Bad enough when this effect shows up on dominatrix-whip-sword lady and spandex-ninja lady. Variety is the spice of life, and there are far more female body-types that ought to be represented, especially in a fighting game. Not everyone needs to be smuggling cantaloupes.

Eh half the time she was wearing a small t shirt or tank top.  Granted the first couple arcs it was more pg.  Probably up to buggys arc.  then there's the belly dancer shirt she wore during the alabasta arc.  Well for the parts of the arc she wasn't wearing the shroud thing.

Her gold tank top is probably one of the more famous what with the boob giggle gifs it spawned if that's the one.  She has alot of tops with words on them.

Oh neat someone did a manga art compilations of all her clothes up to dressrosa.  There's many outfits that are exclusive to the filler in the anime though.  I didn't know her alabasta outfit was pink in the manga.  Shame they didn't keep that coloring it looked better.

This reminds me of how much I miss robins pre time skip design.   Her clothes were so much more hotter without being slutty.

#20528 elessar123  

Posted 09 December 2017 - 05:43 AM

My personal list of things better than Zelda:

1. Nier: Automata Route C

2. Nier: Automata Route A

3. Persona 5

4. Nier: Automata Route B

5. Mario Odyssey

6. PUBG

7. Gravity Rush 2

8. Nioh

9. Xenoblade

10. Zelda

Go Play some Horizon Zero Dawn.

#20529 The Dead Texan   Rest in Peace, Big Rizzle CAGiversary!   3685 Posts   Joined 9.5 Years Ago  

The Dead Texan

Posted 09 December 2017 - 05:46 AM

I already traded it in. It was pretty good

#20530 Draekon   Kung-Fu Panda CAGiversary!   5571 Posts   Joined 12.5 Years Ago  

Posted 09 December 2017 - 05:50 AM

:ps4: Utawarerumono: Mask of Deception $26.39

I really do recommend this game for the story/characters/world. One of the better games this year that nobody has played.

#20531 itzd4n   Dank Lean CAGiversary!   721 Posts   Joined 8.0 Years Ago  

Posted 09 December 2017 - 06:20 AM

I really do recommend this game for the story/characters/world. One of the better games this year that nobody has played.

Has anyone ordered this off Amazon recently and gotten the launch edition? Woukd consider purchasing at this price if theres a chance of getting that version.

#20532 Supplice   Hi-Fi CAGiversary!   4668 Posts   Joined 8.6 Years Ago  

Supplice

Posted 09 December 2017 - 11:59 AM

Spoiler

Hokuto ga Gotoku demo launches February in Japan

Fight With The Cast Of Umineko: When They Cry In Umineko: Golden Fantasia

#20533 Say_Jayx3  

Posted 09 December 2017 - 05:05 PM

Monster Hunter World Beta should be live as i type this.

See you Hunters out there.

Feel Free to add my psn if you need a 2nd-4th in your party. 

#20534 luxoflux  

luxoflux

Posted 09 December 2017 - 06:19 PM

And this is exactly why I could not get into BotW. I played Nier:A then H:ZD finally moving over to BotW and just found myself getting frustrated with the mechanics of it all and traded it in shortly thereafter. Oh and the loot treadmill and piss poor durability on everything did not help to win me over either. Last Zelda game I enjoyed was Link Between Worlds and Link to the Past so take that for what you will. 

#20535 Defvayne   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   58 Posts   Joined 7.5 Years Ago  

Defvayne

Posted 09 December 2017 - 07:26 PM

Horizon was much more enjoyable than Zelda. After all the hype I expected more. It's still a good game, but I'd like the next iteration to have more dungeons and not as many shrines.

#20536 Souffrir   Eternally Training CAG CAGiversary!   3920 Posts   Joined 5.6 Years Ago  

Posted 09 December 2017 - 07:49 PM

Monster Hunter World Beta should be live as i type this.

>PS+ only

Damn it Capcom.

#20537 BlackRockWaifu   Advocate for the Black Friday Champion Fredyyy CAGiversary!   2933 Posts   Joined 4.8 Years Ago  

BlackRockWaifu

Posted 09 December 2017 - 08:36 PM

Wow this game looks incredible! And this is the 1st I've heard of it. Looks like what I expect from DMC 5.

#20538 Olengie   Your Waifu is Kuso. Except Mine CAGiversary!   10998 Posts   Joined 6.0 Years Ago  

Posted 09 December 2017 - 08:46 PM

Wow this game looks incredible! And this is the 1st I've heard of it. Looks like what I expect from DMC 5.

It was an Indie Game made by one guy who was inspired by Final Fantasy. After releasing his trailer, the game got picked up by a publisher (I forget who).

I'm personally looking forward to it.

#20539 Supplice   Hi-Fi CAGiversary!   4668 Posts   Joined 8.6 Years Ago  

Supplice

Posted 09 December 2017 - 08:56 PM

It was an Indie Game made by one guy who was inspired by Final Fantasy. After releasing his trailer, the game got picked up by a publisher (I forget who).

I can't wait for it. Currently, it's a timed exclusive from Sony

Also, this was the trailer that he first showed. Everything in it was done by himself except voices.

Spoiler

#20540 lutz   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   1189 Posts   Joined 12.7 Years Ago  

Posted 09 December 2017 - 09:09 PM

Has anyone ordered this off Amazon recently and gotten the launch edition? Woukd consider purchasing at this price if theres a chance of getting that version.

Just got my Utawarerumono today. It was the version with the artbook. However, Amazon uses bubble mailers, so you'd have to be willing to accept a few minor dings. I've always up rated every time I got cardboard and always down rated bubble wrapped, but nothing seems to matter on Amazon's decision. 

#20541 Draekon   Kung-Fu Panda CAGiversary!   5571 Posts   Joined 12.5 Years Ago  

Posted 10 December 2017 - 03:46 AM

Well, I beat Xenoblade Chronicles 2. It was okay. Could've been better if it wasn't mired by so many poor choices that could have been easily prevented. Oh and fix all the irritating bugs such as crashing, infinite loading, getting pushed through environments by enemies so you fall to your death, falling through the ground, clipping through ladders, enemies spazzing out in various ways and probably a few more at least. I'll likely do a bit of a write-up for it at some point in the next week or so.

Wish the game would've allowed recording so I could have saved some of the ridiculous things I ran into.

#20542 Killbomb   Waiting for Darkness CAGiversary!   3468 Posts   Joined 9.6 Years Ago  

Posted 10 December 2017 - 05:22 AM

Well, I beat Xenoblade Chronicles 2. It was okay. Could've been better if it wasn't mired by so many poor choices that could have been easily prevented. Oh and fix all the irritating bugs such as crashing, infinite loading, getting pushed through environments by enemies so you fall to your death, falling through the ground, clipping through ladders, enemies spazzing out in various ways and probably a few more at least. I'll likely do a bit of a write-up for it at some point in the next week or so.

Wish the game would've allowed recording so I could have saved some of the ridiculous things I ran into.

How many hours did it take you? I got my first crash the other day but luckily I had just used a core crystal so the game was saved.

#20543 ar4757   Makoto x Joker is canon CAGiversary!   861 Posts   Joined 4.0 Years Ago  

Posted 10 December 2017 - 06:00 AM

My biggest complaint with BotW has always been that it was a Zelda game in name and little else. The gameplay doesn't resemble typical Zelda games, it's a (very polished) mashup of mechanics from Skyrim, Assassin's Creed, and Dark Souls (among others). This news is disappointing to me because the critical acclaim plus sales of BotW means the franchise will likely follow suit to BotW, abandoning the pre-BotW Zelda style, gameplay, and charm that most of us knew and loved.

Breath of the Wild was incredibly refreshing, a true breath of fresh air for the series, but I gotta agree that it probably took it a bit too far. I still haven't finished it because of how overwhelming it is lol, but I found the lack of traditional dungeons disappointing. I mean, I remember playing Twilight Princess and absolutely loving getting a new piece of equipment and then making use of it. Like the top spinner thing, the wrecking ball, the hookshot (hookshot where u at in BotW)

Also found the soundtrack disappointing because they opted for a more nature oriented lack of overworld music. I dig the town music though

#20544 itzd4n   Dank Lean CAGiversary!   721 Posts   Joined 8.0 Years Ago  

Posted 10 December 2017 - 06:31 AM

Just got my Utawarerumono today. It was the version with the artbook. However, Amazon uses bubble mailers, so you'd have to be willing to accept a few minor dings. I've always up rated every time I got cardboard and always down rated bubble wrapped, but nothing seems to matter on Amazon's decision.

Thanks dude, ordered! And thanks to BRW for posting the deal!

Unrelated, but anyone else download the monster Hunter world beta and want to get a session going for party quest?

#20545 tsoul   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   418 Posts   Joined 6.8 Years Ago  

Posted 10 December 2017 - 09:41 AM

How many hours did it take you? I got my first crash the other day but luckily I had just used a core crystal so the game was saved.

Still haven't beaten it yet. About 50 hours and in chapter 6, taking my time doing lots of side stuff.

With that said, I have yet to have the game crash on me or encountered any game breaking bugs. I only play while docked, and only powered down the console (not sleep mode) about 3 times so far.

I do agree with some of the gameplay stuff being bad (like the map or long skill tree transitions after merc missions), but hopefully a future patch can fix them.

#20546 Supplice   Hi-Fi CAGiversary!   4668 Posts   Joined 8.6 Years Ago  

Supplice

Posted 10 December 2017 - 11:14 AM

It took me around 67 hours to complete the main story with side stuff/farming, no crashes. Also, the post-game is severely disappointing.  [-(

-

Persona 5 the Animation new information broadcast set for December 24

Shadow of The Colossus Gets PS4 Pro Graphics Comparison; Performance and Cinematic Modes Detailed

Monster Hunter World Will Have Regular Content Updates; Gets More Detail on Mega Man

#20547 Say_Jayx3  

Posted 10 December 2017 - 11:40 AM

Played around 5 hours of the Monster Hunter Beta Yesterday. 

As much as i could since the beta is only lasting thru the weekend.

One thing i can say initially is im so glad that capcom has moved on from the sub HD 3ds. 

If anyone in here has a PS4 Pro and a 4k+HDR TV (and you have your picture settings set correctly), this game is absolutely stunning.

I need a proper team to take on the Rathalos, everyone i match with just runs after Anjanath and doesnt even attempt to kill the Rathalos. ( I must Kill him  :twoguns: )

So far i think the insect glaive will be my main since i like being an agile/quick type in this game with all the terrain. 

But i'll probably switch it up once i get proper testing out of all the weapons.

#20548 Draekon   Kung-Fu Panda CAGiversary!   5571 Posts   Joined 12.5 Years Ago  

Posted 10 December 2017 - 12:57 PM

Well, I certainly shouldn't have fully postponed writing this until this morning. I did not expect this amount of titles. I hope Steam someday fixes their barrier of entry a bit so I don't have to go through so much drivel constantly. Nothing particularly big hitting this week. Just ports, DLC and smaller titles. Although an updated version of Arcana Hearts 3 is releasing on Steam. Heart of Crown does also look a little interesting too.

Other stuff that released without warning last week (Assume PC unless otherwise noted):
- Zelda: Breath of the Wild - The Champions’ Ballad (Wii U/Switch | DLC | Action-Adventure)
- Deep Space Waifu: FLAT JUSTICE (SHMUP)

Weekly Releases (December 10th - December 16th)

Okami HD
- Platform(s): PS4, XB1, PC
- Genre: Action-Adventure
- Demo: N/A
- Online: N/A
- Comments: Runs at 30 FPS due to game logic tied into framerate.

Fallen Legion: Flames of Rebellion
- Platform(s): PS4
- Genre: Action RPG / 2D Sidescroller
- Comments: Alternate story to Sins of an Empire I think? Cross-buy with the vita that was previously released.

Resident Evil 7: Biohazard Gold Edition
- Genre: Survival Horror / Third-Person
- Comments: Should include all DLC.

Resident Evil 7: Biohazard End of Zoe (DLC)
- Comments: Fourth DLC from the Season Pass. It's a mini-game.

Resident Evil 7: Biohazard Not a Hero (DLC)
- Comments: Previously delayed DLC. It's a gametype. Should be free for everybody.

Final Fantasy XV: Episode Ignis (DLC)
- Platform(s): PS4, XB1
- Genre: Action RPG

Romancing SaGa 2
- Platform(s): PS4, Vita, Switch, XB1, PC
- Genre: RPG
- Comments: Expect this to be a port of the mobile version with large abhorrent UI.

Super Hydorah
- Platform(s): PS4, Vita
- Genre: SHMUP / Horizontal
- Comments: Previously released on Xbox One & PC.

ACA NeoGeo: The Last Blade
- Platform(s): Switch
- Genre: Fighting
- Comments: Digital only. Old port. Previously released on PS4, Xbox One & PC.

Yooka-Laylee
- Genre: 3D Platformer
- Comments: Previously released on PS4, Xbox One & PC.

Bleed
- Genre: Action Platformer / Fast Paced
- Comments: Previously released on Xbox One & PC.

Enter the Gungeon
- Genre: Roguelike / Bullet Hell
- Comments: Previously released on PS4, Xbox One & PC.

UnEpic
- Genre: Metroidvania / RPG
- Comments: Previously released on PS4, Vita, Xbox One, Wii U & PC.

Cassandra's Fabulous Foray
- Platform(s): PC
- Genre: Visual Novel
- Comments: Not Japanese.

Fearful Symmetry & The Cursed Prince
- Genre: Puzzle

Heart of Crown PC
- Genre: RPG / Card Game
- Online: Yes.
- Comments: Published by MangaGamer.

Arcana Heart 3 LOVEMAX SIXSTARS!!!!!!
- Comments: Updated version of Arcana Hearts 3 & LOVE MAX. This version seems to only be available on PC. Previously JP Arcade only.

Alexa's Wild Night
- Genre: Visual Novel / Dating Sim?

Nirvana Pilot Yume
- Genre: Visual Novel / Racing

绝境幸存者Escape Zombie Land
- Genre: Action Platformer / RPG
- Comments: Chinese dev.

Meow Go
- Genre: Sidescrolling Platformer
- Comments: Chinese dev. Looks like a flash game.

Battle High 2 A+

Omega Quintet
- Genre: RPG
- Comments: Previously released on PS4.

Purrfect Date
- Genre: Dating Sim / Visual Novel
- Comments: Well, this certainly looks weird.

Hoshi & Ishi
- Comments: Ukranian dev.

A Sky Full of Stars

Past Releases
December 3rd - December 9th
November 26th - December 2nd
November 19th - November 25th
November 12th - November 18th
November 5th - November 11th

#20549 Draekon   Kung-Fu Panda CAGiversary!   5571 Posts   Joined 12.5 Years Ago  

Posted 10 December 2017 - 01:01 PM

I honestly have no idea. I turned off auto-sleep for the squad missions and let those do their own things while I did other things. Plus there's supposedly a bug that increases your played time as well. Mine said 150 hours, which doesn't sound right even with how much I left the game running while I wasn't playing. I could've beaten it in 40-50 hours I think, but I'd wager I didn't spend more than 60. I did quite a few sidequests, particularly ones involving my blades but I didn't bother doing all to completion that were available to me.

#20550 Supplice   Hi-Fi CAGiversary!   4668 Posts   Joined 8.6 Years Ago  

Supplice

Posted 10 December 2017 - 01:53 PM

I need a proper team to take on the Rathalos, everyone i match with just runs after Anjanath and doesnt even attempt to kill the Rathalos. ( I must Kill him  :twoguns: )

There is a Diablos on site 8 of Wildspire Waste (underground) for another challenge.

Rathalos and Diablos are the only two monsters that are at their normal scaling/difficulty for the beta. All other monsters are heavily altered to bring in new comers to the series.