* * * * - 24 votes

Japanese Niche Games Deals & Discussion Thread 4.0

#21541 SgtWiggles   Artist formally known as dgwillia CAGiversary!   11215 Posts   Joined 9.3 Years Ago  

Posted 20 January 2018 - 09:41 AM

God GranBlue looks fucking gorgeous. I never played/watched/read anything else in the series, but its probably one of my most hyped games now.

#21542 NeoMonk  

Posted 20 January 2018 - 11:24 AM

Has anyone been keeping up with how broken Monster Hunter Worlds is... I hope capcom can fix it in a week  :D/

ezgif.com-video-to-gif74794b47287949e5.g

#21543 The Dead Texan   Rest in Peace, Big Rizzle CAGiversary!   3685 Posts   Joined 9.5 Years Ago  

The Dead Texan

Posted 20 January 2018 - 11:37 AM

God GranBlue looks fucking gorgeous. I never played/watched/read anything else in the series, but its probably one of my most hyped games now.

I honestly had no idea what this game was until right now. It's like XC2 except it doesn't look and play like shit. Can't wait. 

#21544 Supplice   Hi-Fi CAGiversary!   4668 Posts   Joined 8.6 Years Ago  

Supplice

Posted 20 January 2018 - 12:39 PM

Here are some neat Gifs of Granblue Fantasy.

Eh, I see it as flashy musou..with 4 player Co-Op. I'm looking forward to it.  :D/

#21545 Pheria   Trash Tier CAGiversary!   1199 Posts   Joined 7.7 Years Ago  

Posted 20 January 2018 - 03:29 PM

I've been watching the Granblue game too for a bit, I hope it's fun.

There's a neat Granblue figure that's still available for pre-order, too. (but it's definitely not cheap)

http://www.amiami.co...cnt=0$pagecnt=1

#21546 luxoflux  

luxoflux

Posted 20 January 2018 - 04:00 PM

I honestly had no idea what this game was until right now. It's like XC2 except it doesn't look and play like shit. Can't wait. 

+1 to that list, going to have to go read up on this. 

#21547 vic_x51   World Warrior CAGiversary!   2038 Posts   Joined 10.2 Years Ago  

Posted 20 January 2018 - 04:32 PM

isn't granblue an old japanese gotcha cell phone game that became popular and became an anime or am i wrong?

#21548 Dead_Batteries   Voltaic Pile CAGiversary!   1019 Posts   Joined 7.3 Years Ago  

Dead_Batteries

Posted 20 January 2018 - 04:50 PM

Has anyone been keeping up with how broken Monster Hunter Worlds is... I hope capcom can fix it in a week :D/
ezgif.com-video-to-gif74794b47287949e5.g

That's pretty normal for clusting with 4 players. I remember taking down Elder Dragons in other games using just Clusts.

#21549 Olengie   Your Waifu is Kuso. Except Mine CAGiversary!   10999 Posts   Joined 6.0 Years Ago  

Posted 20 January 2018 - 06:17 PM

Cygames pretty much gave Platinum Games complete reign on it as well as a higher budget and this what they accomplish.

Not a musou. Action RPG

#21550 Olengie   Your Waifu is Kuso. Except Mine CAGiversary!   10999 Posts   Joined 6.0 Years Ago  

Posted 20 January 2018 - 06:45 PM

#21551 Supplice   Hi-Fi CAGiversary!   4668 Posts   Joined 8.6 Years Ago  

Supplice

Posted 20 January 2018 - 07:06 PM

New Final Fantasy VII Remake Images Revealed

Resident Evil 2 Web Page Gets Cryptic

Dynasty Warriors 9’s 4K Uses Checkerboard Rendering on PS4 Pro, 1440P Hardware Scaling on Xbox One X

Translated Dragon Ball Xenoverse 2 scans cover new DLC characters, next free update

#21552 SolidSnake86   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   1443 Posts   Joined 8.3 Years Ago  

SolidSnake86

Posted 20 January 2018 - 08:12 PM

Played some of the Metal Gear Survive beta last night. It was pretty fun. Not a game I'd spend $60 for, but for around $25 I'd pick it up. The crafting, storage, and even some of the controls seemed to be overly complicated, and the beta doesn't offer much in the way of options, but the few co-op matches I played were enjoyable. Still, I'd much prefer if Konami had used their amazing Fox Engine to build a standalone Metal Gear Online game, basing it more on the MGO included in MGS4 than the bare bones one in Phantom Pain.

#21553 kipz   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   878 Posts   Joined 12.4 Years Ago  

Posted 20 January 2018 - 09:57 PM

Played some of the Metal Gear Survive beta last night. It was pretty fun. Not a game I'd spend $60 for, but for around $25 I'd pick it up.

I don't care to even try it myself but the retail is only $40 so it should hit your range pretty quickly.

#21554 itzd4n   Dank Lean CAGiversary!   721 Posts   Joined 8.0 Years Ago  

Posted 20 January 2018 - 10:31 PM

Played some of the Metal Gear Survive beta last night. It was pretty fun. Not a game I'd spend $60 for, but for around $25 I'd pick it up. The crafting, storage, and even some of the controls seemed to be overly complicated, and the beta doesn't offer much in the way of options, but the few co-op matches I played were enjoyable. Still, I'd much prefer if Konami had used their amazing Fox Engine to build a standalone Metal Gear Online game, basing it more on the MGO included in MGS4 than the bare bones one in Phantom Pain.

I felt it was ok for what it was, but don't see the point of the game and I could see the community dying fairly quickly; especially since we're getting much bigger and involved games such as MHW.

Speaking of which, finally managed to kill Nerg in a team of 3 today, so that was nice and get that checked off my to do list.

Also, Granblue looks amazeballs. My only criticism for it is the attached voiceline every time the healer heals someone; I was so annoyed from watching the video after about 3 mins from when they started showing combat. Hope they mix in couple different lines or something in the final game. Everything else is great tho.

#21555 Nothing371   Tomorrow King - Interloper Kai CAGiversary!   7012 Posts   Joined 6.8 Years Ago  

Posted 20 January 2018 - 10:37 PM

Kojima.jpg

#21556 Supplice   Hi-Fi CAGiversary!   4668 Posts   Joined 8.6 Years Ago  

Supplice

Posted 20 January 2018 - 11:07 PM

Played some of the Metal Gear Survive beta last night. It was pretty fun. Not a game I'd spend $60 for, but for around $25 I'd pick it up. The crafting, storage, and even some of the controls seemed to be overly complicated, and the beta doesn't offer much in the way of options, but the few co-op matches I played were enjoyable. 

I played it again today, but with friends. It's just as fun as it was when I went into public matchmaking. I'll more than likely get it since I'll be finished with getting the platinum for Monster Hunter: World before Survive's release date. 

#21557 roger watersmelon   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   2580 Posts   Joined 8.2 Years Ago  

roger watersmelon

Posted 20 January 2018 - 11:12 PM

More like The Phantom Playerbase.

#21558 artego   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   220 Posts   Joined 10.5 Years Ago  

Posted 21 January 2018 - 01:58 AM

Tokyo Xanadu eX+ Limited Edition for PS4 has dropped down to $95 on Amazon (MSRP $150), for anyone still interested.

#21559 Killbomb   Waiting for Darkness CAGiversary!   3468 Posts   Joined 9.6 Years Ago  

Posted 21 January 2018 - 02:53 AM

I played it again today, but with friends. It's just as fun as it was when I went into public matchmaking. I'll more than likely get it since I'll be finished with getting the platinum for Monster Hunter: World before Survive's release date. 

You have some insight into the MHW trophy list or just assuming that will be enough time?

#21560 SgtWiggles   Artist formally known as dgwillia CAGiversary!   11215 Posts   Joined 9.3 Years Ago  

Posted 21 January 2018 - 03:30 AM

Got charged for my MH World CE from Gamestop. Hoping it will arrive on release day.....

#21561 Dead_Batteries   Voltaic Pile CAGiversary!   1019 Posts   Joined 7.3 Years Ago  

Dead_Batteries

Posted 21 January 2018 - 03:30 AM

Btw, would anyone be interested in making a discord group for MHW? 

#21562 Dark_Sage   Superior CAGiversary!   3431 Posts   Joined 10.1 Years Ago  

Posted 21 January 2018 - 03:32 AM

I'll be finished with getting the platinum for Monster Hunter: World before Survive's release date. 

Newfriends like you are gonna make pick-up games great, aren't ya?

#21563 Souffrir   Eternally Training CAG CAGiversary!   3922 Posts   Joined 5.6 Years Ago  

Posted 21 January 2018 - 03:35 AM

Finally beat Nergal the Angry Dragon with hunting horn today. I'm done with abbreviated time limit hunting missions forever now, seriously Fuck that guy.

#21564 BlackRockWaifu   Advocate for the Black Friday Champion Fredyyy CAGiversary!   2933 Posts   Joined 4.8 Years Ago  

BlackRockWaifu

Posted 21 January 2018 - 03:57 AM

Btw, would anyone be interested in making a discord group for MHW?

If you guys are playing on ps4, feel free to use the Japanese Niche Games community there, which allows you to set up events and parties that start at a given time.

#21565 NeoMonk  

Posted 21 January 2018 - 07:23 AM

If you guys are playing on ps4, feel free to use the Japanese Niche Games community there, which allows you to set up events and parties that start at a given time.

Go one step further, Make a guild! or w/e they're calling them in game.

Since you can be in as many as you want, shouldn't be a issue. 

#21566 Draekon   Kung-Fu Panda CAGiversary!   5573 Posts   Joined 12.5 Years Ago  

Posted 21 January 2018 - 10:18 AM

A lot of games releasing this week, with quite a few of them being worthy of a look. I'm going to recommend checking out Iconoclasts and of course Zwei even though it's a 17 year old game. Now I just need to pick one of those two to play before Monster Hunter World.

Other stuff that released without warning last week (Assume PC unless otherwise noted):
- The Endless Journey 无终之旅 (Adventure / Point-n-Click)
- Ascendant Hearts (Visual Novel / RPG?)
- Fantasy World (Strategy / Simulation)
- Q-YO Blaster (SHMUP)
- Infinos Gaiden (SHMUP)
- ShineG In The SeaFight (SHMUP)

Weekly Releases (January 21st - January 27th)

New Nintendo 2DS XL (Pikachu Edition)
- Platform(s): 3DS
- Genre: Hardware

Iconoclasts
- Platform(s): PS4, Vita, PC
- Genre: Metroidvania
- Demo: N/A
- Online: N/A
- Comments: Same dev who made Noitu Love. Should be good.

Lost Sphear
- Platform(s): PS4, Switch, PC
- Genre: RPG
- Demo: Yes.
- Comments: Hopefully it fixes the issues I had with I Am Setsuna.

OK K.O.! Let's Play Heroes
- Platform(s): PS4, XB1, PC
- Genre: Action / Brawler
- Comments: Another Adult Swim/Cartoon Network game.

Dragon Ball FighterZ
- Platform(s): PS4, XB1, PC
- Genre: Fighting
- Online: Yes.

Monster Hunter: World
- Platform(s): PS4, XB1
- Genre: Action / Monster Hunter
- Comments: PC version releasing later this year.

The Inpatient
- Platform(s): PS4 VR
- Genre: Psychological Horror
- Comments: Takes place 60 years before Until Dawn.

Celest
- Platform(s): Switch, PC
- Genre: Platformer

Zero Gunner 2
- Platform(s): Switch
- Genre: SHMUP
- Comments: Port of the Dreamcast game I think?

Shu
- Platform(s): Switch
- Genre: Platformer

Hidden Dragon: Legend
- Platform(s): PC
- Genre: Action Platformer

Dad's co-worker
- Genre: Visual Novel

Luvocious

Yuzi Lims: anime runner
- Genre: Runner
- Comments: Very flash game esque.

Edepth Angel: Pinocchio's Murder
- Genre: Visual Novel / Mystery

Staxel
- Genre: Simulation / Building / Voxel
- Comments: Early access. Published by Humble Bundle.

Super Slime Arena
- Genre: Fighting / Arena
- Comments: Up to 50 players, wat.

My Time At Portia
- Genre: Simulation / Action
- Comments: Early access.

I Love My Brother
- Comments: Told from the perspective of a diary.

Sister's Love
- Comments: Told from the perspective of a diary.

Zwei: The Arges Adventure
- Genre: Action RPG
- Comments: Originally released in 2001 and updated from its ancient DX5 engine. Its indirect sequel is already out.

LEGRAND LEGACY: Tale of the Fatebounds
- Comments: Seems like it has potential. Kickstarter game.

Bold Blade
- Genre: Action RPG

Dust and Salt
- Genre: Strategy RPG / Text Adventure

My Life as a Maiden
- Genre: Visual Novel / Crossdressing

Clumsy Knights : Threats of Dragon

茂伸奇谈-Monobeno-
- Comments: Japanese & Chinese language only.

kakusankibou / 扩散希望
- Genre: Visual Novel / Violent
- Comments: Japanese & Chinese language only.

Past Releases
January 14th - January 20th
January 7th - January 13th
December 31st - January 6th
December 24th - December 30th
December 17th - December 23rd

#21567 Draekon   Kung-Fu Panda CAGiversary!   5573 Posts   Joined 12.5 Years Ago  

Posted 21 January 2018 - 10:21 AM

I tend to avoid discord unless it's strictly for a gaming sessions voice chat. I had enough with IRC back around the year 2000. Definitely not doing that again.

Go one step further, Make a guild! or w/e they're calling them in game.

Since you can be in as many as you want, shouldn't be a issue. 

The in-game guild would've happened for sure. Would definitely need to be used in tandem with the PS Community Group.

The main issue with grouping up will be everyones pacing if we do pre-planned gaming sessions/nights. You have people like Supplice as well as veterans who will fly through content while there are others who go at a snails pace. Hopefully it won't be too bad and some people wouldn't mind helping out the lowest common denominator.

I don't think I'll be going through it too quickly. Depends on my friend who I generally play with.

#21568 Supplice   Hi-Fi CAGiversary!   4668 Posts   Joined 8.6 Years Ago  

Supplice

Posted 21 January 2018 - 01:22 PM

Watch Tons of Yakuza 6 Gameplay in English; The Adult “Live Chat” Minigame Won’t Be Cut

Dissidia Final Fantasy NT’s Lack Of A Traditional Story Mode Sticks Out Like A Sore Moogle Pom-Pom

Muv-Luv Alternative: Strike Frontier’s Google App and iOS Versions Delayed

Nintendo seems to be publishing The World Ends with You: Final Remix in the west

Naruto Ultimate Ninja Storm Series Surpasses 10 Million in Sales

#21569 chrislaustin   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   6296 Posts   Joined 12.6 Years Ago  

chrislaustin

Posted 21 January 2018 - 01:26 PM

So digital only then uh? LOL

#21570 Josef   Touched the dead CAGiversary!   11330 Posts   Joined 14.3 Years Ago  

Posted 21 January 2018 - 02:54 PM

Got charged for my MH World CE from Gamestop. Hoping it will arrive on release day.....

I preordered this at my local store and apparently they are closing for good today.  Got an email saying my preorder was moved to the next closest store (around 11 miles away) and I was provided a 20% off coupon (good on anything but hardware) for my inconvenience.  Couldn't have been better timing to save $30 off the CE, but driving the extra miles to get it is a slight pain in the ass.