* * * * - 24 votes

Japanese Niche Games Deals & Discussion Thread 4.0

#21571 chrislaustin   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   5597 Posts   Joined 12.1 Years Ago  

chrislaustin

Posted 21 January 2018 - 03:04 PM

I preordered this at my local store and apparently they are closing for good today.  Got an email saying my preorder was moved to the next closest store (around 11 miles away) and I was provided a 20% off coupon (good on anything but hardware) for my inconvenience.  Couldn't have been better timing to save $30 off the CE, but driving the extra miles to get it is a slight pain in the ass.

Count yourself lucky, as I'm surprised they even bothered to contact you honestly. LOL

#21572 nagpo  

Posted 21 January 2018 - 03:10 PM

So digital only then uh? LOL

I don't think that's the case going by the amazon listing.

https://www.amazon.c...KYF6YW9HEPKFS9A

Check out my Ebay profile!

For sale now:

The World of Final Fantasy - Vita

The Slayers complete first season! + More!

#21573 nagpo  

Posted 21 January 2018 - 03:16 PM

Hopefully this close relationship between SE and Nintendo will lead to a western release of DQ10 on the Switch. Would be a great launch title for Nintendo's online.

Check out my Ebay profile!

For sale now:

The World of Final Fantasy - Vita

The Slayers complete first season! + More!

#21574 62t   Zune Duck! CAGiversary!   19811 Posts   Joined 13.4 Years Ago  

Posted 21 January 2018 - 04:10 PM

Hopefully this close relationship between SE and Nintendo will lead to a western release of DQ10 on the Switch. Would be a great launch title for Nintendo's online.

Nintendo been publishing SE games in the US for a long time, including DQIX and Bravely Default 

3DS FC 0731-4770-3312

#21575 Draekon   Kung-Fu Panda CAGiversary!   5385 Posts   Joined 12.1 Years Ago  

Posted 21 January 2018 - 05:19 PM

I put up a post in this threads PS Community asking for days/time frames that people are available for some Monster Hunter World sessions. So if anybody is interested they can reply there and I'll setup a future event. If there isn't any replies, I'll just set one for a Saturday or Sunday evening and go from there.

I'll also be playing this with a friend in a 2-person group, so anybody else is welcome to join me as well. Just shoot me a friend request on PSN which is the same name as I use here or find me in the PSN Community's members list as I'm pretty high up due to being a mod. You're welcome to just pop into our party chat. He and I will be playing a bit this weekend I'd wager.

#21576 elessar123  

Posted 21 January 2018 - 08:03 PM

Lost Sphear
- Comments: Hopefully it fixes the issues I had with I Am Setsuna.

I did not see one person finish the demo at SDCC. It's a little sad. It feels so... slow? It feels like an early 90s game in terms of pacing. Run across this big barren town 3 times for this errand. Judging by where everyone abandoned the demo, no one can stand 10 minutes of that.

Spoiler

#21577 ar4757   Makoto x Joker is canon CAGiversary!   815 Posts   Joined 3.6 Years Ago  

Posted 21 January 2018 - 09:05 PM

Ironic considering TWEWY sold way better in the west, but that's Square Enix for ya

Now for the picture of the day:

51984_v.gif                                           I8AllDaBadgerz.png

#21578 Supplice   Hi-Fi CAGiversary!   4348 Posts   Joined 8.2 Years Ago  

Supplice

Posted 21 January 2018 - 09:12 PM

Dragon Ball FighterZ: Majin Android 21 Gameplay and Moveset

Maihana Soumakyou for PS4 debut trailer

Kirby Battle Royale’s Launch Trailer Shows Off The 10 Modes Of Mayhem In The Game

Zero Gunner 2 Switch footage

Tentative Atelier Lydie & Suelle: Alchemists of the Mysterious Painting boxart

#21579 kmitchell28   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   139 Posts   Joined 7.7 Years Ago  

kmitchell28

Posted 21 January 2018 - 09:23 PM

I put up a post in this threads PS Community asking for days/time frames that people are available for some Monster Hunter World sessions. So if anybody is interested they can reply there and I'll setup a future event. If there isn't any replies, I'll just set one for a Saturday or Sunday evening and go from there.

I'll also be playing this with a friend in a 2-person group, so anybody else is welcome to join me as well. Just shoot me a friend request on PSN which is the same name as I use here or find me in the PSN Community's members list as I'm pretty high up due to being a mod. You're welcome to just pop into our party chat. He and I will be playing a bit this weekend I'd wager.

What is the name of the PSN community? I think I missed joining when that was all going on. I’ll definitely be playing MHW. I’m really glad to see it back on a Sony system. Idk why but I couldn’t get into the 3DS games after playing the PSP ones.

#21580 Draekon   Kung-Fu Panda CAGiversary!   5385 Posts   Joined 12.1 Years Ago  

Posted 21 January 2018 - 09:39 PM

I did not see one person finish the demo at SDCC. It's a little sad. It feels so... slow? It feels like an early 90s game in terms of pacing. Run across this big barren town 3 times for this errand. Judging by where everyone abandoned the demo, no one can stand 10 minutes of that.

That wouldn't surprise me. My friend played the demo and pre-ordered it, so I could play it if I wanted at some point. However like you mentioned, it feels old school while not incorporating much of any of the improvements from newer generations of games. At least that's how Setsuna felt to me. I haven't played the demo for this game yet.

What is the name of the PSN community? I think I missed joining when that was all going on. I’ll definitely be playing MHW. I’m really glad to see it back on a Sony system. Idk why but I couldn’t get into the 3DS games after playing the PSP ones.

Apparently BRW changed the name. It's now named "CAG Japanese Niche Games Community & Backloggers Anonymous". The icon for it is typical CAG colors of black/green/orange/off-white. If you're friended with someone in this thread, they may already be in it. In which case you can look at their joined communities and join through them.

It's no longer invite only, but if necessary just give me your PSN tag and I can invite you that way as well.

#21581 RPGamer246   I Game You Game We Game CAGiversary!   798 Posts   Joined 9.8 Years Ago  

Posted 22 January 2018 - 12:36 AM

send me an invite to the community please! psn is devilsarm

#21582 shadowysea07   Cjenvy I'm ready for you awd this time I'm wearing pants CAGiversary!   4127 Posts   Joined 4.7 Years Ago  

shadowysea07

Posted 22 January 2018 - 12:53 AM

Tokyo Xanadu eX+ Limited Edition for PS4 has dropped down to $95 on Amazon (MSRP $150), for anyone still interested.

Vita version is listed at 42$ and the ps4 version as of this post dropped to 91.xx

Currently on the look out for a decent price on Pokemon XD Gale of Darkness.  

#21583 Draekon   Kung-Fu Panda CAGiversary!   5385 Posts   Joined 12.1 Years Ago  

Posted 22 January 2018 - 01:10 AM

^
Before anybody considers buying the Vita version over the PS4 version. The Vita version does not have the extra eX+ content and the translation is worse from what I hear as they updated it for the eX+ version but did not patch it into the Vita version.

If you're just after the extra swag that comes with the LE, then that's a different story.

#21584 BlackRockWaifu   Advocate for the Black Friday Champion Fredyyy CAGiversary!   2850 Posts   Joined 4.4 Years Ago  

BlackRockWaifu

Posted 22 January 2018 - 01:29 AM

I'm still salty they teased that Sexy Nerdy Redhead look, then gave us this as the playable version. I mean the Buu design is still cool and unique but I miss the Sexy Nerdy Redhead version.

Apparently BRW changed the name. It's now named "CAG Japanese Niche Games Community & Backloggers Anonymous". The icon for it is typical CAG colors of black/green/orange/off-white. If you're friended with someone in this thread, they may already be in it. In which case you can look at their joined communities and join through them.

It's no longer invite only, but if necessary just give me your PSN tag and I can invite you that way as well.

Yeah, thanks for clarifying! Also, I think the PSN community search works if you type in any words in the title, so typing in "CAG Niche" gives me the result for the niche community. 

It's the one with around 115 members, and an awesome Monster Hunter wallpaper Draekon posted!

Check out my new album! BRW Tries Español (Horribly)

Flips Won't Die - Suckira     Incognito - BRW Fonsi Ft. Nico Yazawa

Check out the CAG Backloggers Anonymous Group! Game of August: Final Fantasy Type-0

AWD Unboxing Video      AWD Unboxing 2: The Revenge     Nier Automata: Black Box CE Unboxing

#21585 Draekon   Kung-Fu Panda CAGiversary!   5385 Posts   Joined 12.1 Years Ago  

Posted 22 January 2018 - 01:37 AM

It's the one with around 115 members, and an awesome Monster Hunter wallpaper Draekon posted!

Does it tell you who changed the wallpaper now as the owner of the community? I just got kinda tired of seeing non-gaming images as the background and figured now is as good as time as any to update it.

#21586 Olengie   Your Waifu is Kusoge. Except Mine CAGiversary!   10371 Posts   Joined 5.6 Years Ago  

Posted 22 January 2018 - 01:53 AM

I too prefer sexy nerd Android 21 over Majin 21

#21587 SgtWiggles   Artist formally known as dgwillia CAGiversary!   11139 Posts   Joined 8.8 Years Ago  

Posted 22 January 2018 - 02:03 AM

Downed Nergigante on my 3rd try with less than a minute ingame time and 12 minutes of Beta time to spare. Double buzzer beater.

90% sure I'm gonna be sticking with the Bowguns for now, most players seem to be playing Melee, so having some consistent long range damage really comes in handy. Though I might default back to my love of the Hunting Horn and Switch Axe

848178.pngSgtWiggles.png

#21588 BlackRockWaifu   Advocate for the Black Friday Champion Fredyyy CAGiversary!   2850 Posts   Joined 4.4 Years Ago  

BlackRockWaifu

Posted 22 January 2018 - 02:15 AM

Does it tell you who changed the wallpaper now as the owner of the community? I just got kinda tired of seeing non-gaming images as the background and figured now is as good as time as any to update it.

No it doesn't lol, I just assumed though. Heh heh sorry, I just love cosplay too much. Plus, the eye candy is clickbait, and probably got a few more members to join. There was only one other instance I think where the wallpaper was changed, to a Persona 5 one, but I have no clue who did it, I always assumed Neomonk for that one.

I too prefer sexy nerd Android 21 over Majin 21

If only they had it like their previous games, where for P4A we got Labrys/Shadow Labrys, and P4AU had Minazuki/Persona Minazuki. We could've had Sexy Nerdy Redhead 21/Majin 21.

Check out the CAG Backloggers Anonymous Group! Game of August: Final Fantasy Type-0

AWD Unboxing Video      AWD Unboxing 2: The Revenge     Nier Automata: Black Box CE Unboxing

#21589 62t   Zune Duck! CAGiversary!   19811 Posts   Joined 13.4 Years Ago  

Posted 22 January 2018 - 02:19 AM

Don't worry, I am sure they will gladly take your money for Android 21 as a DLC.

3DS FC 0731-4770-3312

#21590 Souffrir   Eternally Training CAG CAGiversary!   3751 Posts   Joined 5.2 Years Ago  

Posted 22 January 2018 - 02:42 AM

Now that the MHW betas are probably over for good, my kills aside from the four quest monsters include Kulu-Ya-Ku and Jyuratodos. Also fought a Rathalos and a Pukei-Pukei (ran out of time on the former and lost track of the latter).

You couldn't help noting with every breath that thousands of other people were very close to you and nearly all of them had armpits.

#21591 aerozero   The man from nowhere CAGiversary!   993 Posts   Joined 11.0 Years Ago  

Posted 22 January 2018 - 06:46 AM

Didn't realize how much I've missed playing Monster Hunter until I randomly matched up with a solid party and we beat Nergiante with less then 30 seconds to spare.  I channeled my inner GUTS and was able to get a lot of good hits on it with the Great Sword. Party rolled with dual blades, long sword, and the bow.

Posted Image

#21592 Supplice   Hi-Fi CAGiversary!   4348 Posts   Joined 8.2 Years Ago  

Supplice

Posted 22 January 2018 - 12:55 PM

Sonic Creator Yuji Naka Joins Square Enix; Will Work on Game Development

PS4 Exclusive Full Metal Panic! Gets Japanese Release Date and First Gameplay Trailer

Spoiler

My Hero Academia: One’s Justice’s New Character All Might Revealed with 1080p Screenshots

Monster Hunter World’s Day One Patch 1.01 Detailed with Screenshots and Download Size

Gintama Rumble for PS4 Gets New Trailer Showing the Rakuyou Decisive Battle Arc

Spoiler

Valkyria Chronicles 4 Gets Lots of New Screenshots and Info on Tanks and New Characters

Shadow of the Colossus PS4 Pro Gameplay - First 15 Minutes

Capcom Has No Plans To Release Monster Hunter World On Nintendo Switch; PS4 And Xbox One Are The Best Fit

Dragon Ball FighterZ’s Trophy List Has Been Revealed

Monster Hunter: World’s Trophy List Has Been Revealed

#21593 BlackRockWaifu   Advocate for the Black Friday Champion Fredyyy CAGiversary!   2850 Posts   Joined 4.4 Years Ago  

BlackRockWaifu

Posted 22 January 2018 - 06:37 PM

OMGGG!!!!!

I need it... nyaaaaaa.

And I'm guessing Midori wants it too.

#21594 Katsumi   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   1424 Posts   Joined 7.9 Years Ago  

Posted 22 January 2018 - 06:48 PM

OMGGG!!!!!

I need it... nyaaaaaa.

And I'm guessing Midori wants it too.

Very cute :D I primarily play D.Va and Mercy, so I'm happy :)

5wugTSx.png

#21595 dsman3717   Saber is Life CAGiversary!   575 Posts   Joined 4.9 Years Ago  

dsman3717

Posted 22 January 2018 - 06:53 PM

So what's the deal with the Shadow of the Colossus Special Edition? Did I just miss the pre-order window since I'm slow?

Everywhere I look has it unavailable, which is pretty confusing. 

ilovehinata.png
Currently Playing: :switch: Xenoblade Chronicles 2, Fire Emblem Warriors   :ps4: Kiwami 2, Blue Reflection, Tokyo Xanadu eX+     :ps3: Yakuza 5, Yakuza 1&2 HD   :xb1: Forza 7, Cuphead    :360: Catherine, Tales of Vesperia  :wiiu:  Tokyo Mirage Sessions #FE, Twilight Princess HD, Xenoblade Chronicles X   :vita:  Chaos;Child, Mary Skelter    :3ds:  Metroid Samus Returns, Fire Emblem Echoes, Pokemon Sun,  Mobile/Browser games: Fate/Grand Order, Tales of Link, LLSIF, Kantai Collection 

Spoiler

#21596 Vigilante   The Deal Is Already Dead CAGiversary!   36245 Posts   Joined 12.4 Years Ago  

Posted 22 January 2018 - 07:41 PM

So what's the deal with the Shadow of the Colossus Special Edition? Did I just miss the pre-order window since I'm slow?

Everywhere I look has it unavailable, which is pretty confusing. 

The steelbook hype is real, it seems.

Cloud_Squall78.png
Currently Playing: :switch: LoZ: Breath of the Wild; Super Mario Odyssey :ps3: The Darkness II; WipEout HD :vita: Adventures of Mana; Wipeout 2048

Last Beaten/Completed Console/Portable Games: :ps4: Seasons After Fall (4.0/5) :vita: Danganronpa V3 (4.5/5)

#21597 Olengie   Your Waifu is Kusoge. Except Mine CAGiversary!   10371 Posts   Joined 5.6 Years Ago  

Posted 22 January 2018 - 09:13 PM

#21598 SgtWiggles   Artist formally known as dgwillia CAGiversary!   11139 Posts   Joined 8.8 Years Ago  

Posted 22 January 2018 - 10:47 PM

Wow.....got my Digimon Cybersleuth Hacker's Memory from Amazon and basically half of the entire top casing (Right around where the spine starts) is totally broken. Like pieces were scattered inside of the case when I opened it (It was so damaged the plastic wrapping was basically halfway off before I even touched it). If it were just the case I wouldn't be as mad, but the artwork is ripped a good inch or two down as well.

Never had a game come this damage in the mail before. Time to deal with some Amazon customer service bs.

EDIT: Yup, either refund or ship it out and wait for a replacement to come later. I just took the refund lol, got the pre-order code so I'll just get a copy down the line when the price falls.

848178.pngSgtWiggles.png

#21599 hostyl1   Rejoice commoners! CAGiversary!   2610 Posts   Joined 12.2 Years Ago  

Posted 23 January 2018 - 12:17 AM

Persona x Kingdom Hearts?

#21600 Olengie   Your Waifu is Kusoge. Except Mine CAGiversary!   10371 Posts   Joined 5.6 Years Ago  

Posted 23 January 2018 - 01:46 AM

I still like the Cowboy Bebop x Persona 5 more. That was pure perfection