* * * * - 24 votes

Japanese Niche Games Deals & Discussion Thread 4.0

#22141 dnl2ba   Inadvertent collector CAGiversary!   397 Posts   Joined 4.3 Years Ago  

Posted 13 February 2018 - 05:58 AM

Why Is this super lazy, un-animated "Screen Shaking effect for everything" mobile looking game on current gen consoles? And then NiS slaps a $79.99 LE price tag on that, $59.99 for the standard?

Labyrinth of Refrain looks like an upscaled PS2 game.

#22142 Supplice   Hi-Fi CAGiversary!   4747 Posts   Joined 8.8 Years Ago  

Supplice

Posted 13 February 2018 - 10:19 AM

Hideki Kamiya Explains Why Bayonetta 3 Is Switch Exclusive; Aims to Make it As Good As it Can Be

Ni No Kuni II: Revenant Kingdom Gets New Trailer Showing the City of Goldpaw

Spoiler

Code Vein Details Its Multiplayer System And How You Can Get Help From Other Players

Fate/Extella Link Details Its New “Active Skill” Action System And Its Class Characteristics

God Wars Is Getting An Updated Version On PS4, PS Vita, And Switch With A New Episode And Plenty More

A Certain Magical Virtual-On Lessar and Cypher character and Virtuaroid introduction trailer

Persona 3: Dancing Moon Night and Persona 5: Dancing Star Night detail stories, Commu, costumes, and more

#22143 Cloyd   Forever awaiting the English release of Moe Crystal. CAGiversary!   1038 Posts   Joined 12.1 Years Ago  

Posted 13 February 2018 - 02:45 PM

Oh boy, RPG maker tier dungeon crawler #28402480. Can we get some more actual vita games? zzzz.

It does seem like companies are starting to take the Kemco method of churning out games every few months that all look the same. I do enjoy dungeon crawlers, but it would be nice to see a little more animation out of my team other than a shaking cut-out, and the fanservice face blush.

#22144 chrislaustin   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   6503 Posts   Joined 12.7 Years Ago  

chrislaustin

Posted 13 February 2018 - 03:30 PM

Just a heads up, One More Dungeon for the Vita & PS4 are back in stock at Play-Asia. I guess this is the last amount being offered, as they just sent an email stating they sold thru 65% so far across both systems. So it's doubtful these last another 24 hrs.

https://www.play-asi..._eid=d717133e21

#22145 Green Card200   The Time Mage CAGiversary!   2309 Posts   Joined 11.0 Years Ago  

Green Card200

Posted 13 February 2018 - 04:00 PM

They also lowered the shipping on it.

#22146 Markmallow  

Markmallow

Posted 13 February 2018 - 05:30 PM

God Wars Is Getting An Updated Version On PS4, PS Vita, And Switch With A New Episode And Plenty More

This would get announced a week after I buy it on Vita. I wonder if we will be getting a physical version or have to buy a DLC expansion for the extra stuff.

#22147 elessar123  

Posted 13 February 2018 - 06:06 PM

My guess is God Wars update on Vita will be digital only.

#22148 TooPoor   ∀ Game, ∃ Buy Price CAGiversary!   11540 Posts   Joined 6.8 Years Ago  

Posted 13 February 2018 - 06:26 PM

Why Is this super lazy, un-animated "Screen Shaking effect for everything" mobile looking game on current gen consoles? And then NiS slaps a $79.99 LE price tag on that, $59.99 for the standard?

Labyrinth of Refrain looks like an upscaled PS2 game.

It would be so perfect on my Vita, been waiting and prayer for it. Yet that is the version that is not localized.

I would be beyond surprised if this goes physical, and I would gladly shelve my recently bought vanilla. But my guess is that like Stranger of Sword City or Valkyrie Drive, the enhanced version would be digital only.

Speaking of Vita DRGPs, really loving Mary Skelter, and it is definitely at DT2 levels of enjoyment for me.

#22149 Zaku77   \m/ CAGiversary!   4581 Posts   Joined 8.7 Years Ago  

Posted 13 February 2018 - 06:46 PM

This would get announced a week after I buy it on Vita. I wonder if we will be getting a physical version or have to buy a DLC expansion for the extra stuff.

Fully expect this to be digital only. That said, I think it's fair to call the Switch the Vita's replacement, and it does have a bigger screen, so I'll probably play it there instead. I'm one of those people that really only likes playing TRPGs on handhelds, so this is awesome news for me. 

#22150 Draekon   Kung-Fu Panda CAGiversary!   5633 Posts   Joined 12.7 Years Ago  

Posted 13 February 2018 - 06:49 PM

Not seeing any new free junk this week on PSN. The weekly sale is 2K related, so nothing there either.

Also, King of Fighters 2002 is free on PC for the next 48 hours (roughly) on GOG. You can find the free link near the top of the front page.

#22151 elessar123  

Posted 13 February 2018 - 06:52 PM

If the Switch had some sort of trophies system and a significantly longer battery life, I'd agree. But I'm still going to get it for the Vita.

#22152 Markmallow  

Markmallow

Posted 13 February 2018 - 06:58 PM

Fully expect this to be digital only. That said, I think it's fair to call the Switch the Vita's replacement, and it does have a bigger screen, so I'll probably play it there instead. I'm one of those people that really only likes playing TRPGs on handhelds, so this is awesome news for me.

If it does end up being digital only I’ll be keeping my physical copy. I’m not a very big fan of digital only. If for some reason the Switch gets a physical copy instead though I’ll buy that one and sell the Vita version.

I hear you on playing TRPG’s on handhelds. It just feels like the way they should be played for some reason.

#22153 JohnnySako   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   498 Posts   Joined 7.5 Years Ago  

JohnnySako

Posted 13 February 2018 - 07:10 PM

Not seeing any new free junk this week on PSN. The weekly sale is 2K related, so nothing there either.

Also, King of Fighters 2002 is free on PC for the next 48 hours (roughly) on GOG. You can find the free link near the top of the front page.

Thanks. Also note that Sega’s annual Make War Not Love promotion starts tomorrow... if you’re in the mood for some free Sega Steam games.

www.makewarnotlove.com

#22154 Zaku77   \m/ CAGiversary!   4581 Posts   Joined 8.7 Years Ago  

Posted 13 February 2018 - 07:11 PM

If the Switch had some sort of trophies system and a significantly longer battery life, I'd agree. But I'm still going to get it for the Vita.

Completely agree on the overall ecosystem. PSN isn't perfect, but it's leaps and bounds ahead of Nintendo's. I find the battery life to be very, very comparable between Vita and Switch, though. 

#22155 elessar123  

Posted 13 February 2018 - 07:25 PM

I find the battery life to be very, very comparable between Vita and Switch, though. 

Really? My Switch lasts maybe 3 hours playing puzzle games. My Vita (even my 1000) lasts 6+.

Edit: I'm not doubting you, but I'm curious if your Switch lasts longer, or your Vita shorter.

#22156 Zaku77   \m/ CAGiversary!   4581 Posts   Joined 8.7 Years Ago  

Posted 13 February 2018 - 07:30 PM

I

Really? My Switch lasts maybe 3 hours playing puzzle games. My Vita (even my 1000) lasts 6+.

Edit: I'm not doubting you, but I'm curious if your Switch lasts longer, or your Vita shorter.

Your Switch time is a bit worse than mine, but your Vita time is way better! Maybe I need to leave wifi off and turn my brightness down or something.

#22157 elessar123  

Posted 13 February 2018 - 07:33 PM

Your Switch time is a bit worse than mine, but your Vita time is way better! Maybe I need to leave wifi off and turn my brightness down or something.

I use my Switch with the joycons connected, brightness on both are usually low, and WiFi for both are always on.

#22158 Zaku77   \m/ CAGiversary!   4581 Posts   Joined 8.7 Years Ago  

Posted 13 February 2018 - 07:39 PM

We

I use my Switch with the joycons connected, brightness on both are usually low, and WiFi for both are always on.

Well, damn. Maybe my Vita's battery is a bit on the shit side. It is a launch 1,000, but I don't feel that I've used it enough for the battery to be shot. 

#22159 reaperztoll   Banned Banned   3366 Posts   Joined 4.7 Years Ago  

reaperztoll

Posted 13 February 2018 - 08:22 PM

Puyo Puyo I've got 4 hours on Switch but anything else is much less which sucks. XB2 is maybe 3 hours tops.

#22160 Draekon   Kung-Fu Panda CAGiversary!   5633 Posts   Joined 12.7 Years Ago  

Posted 13 February 2018 - 08:26 PM

There's a humble bundle for Sekai Project games on PC:

https://www.humblebu...ie-sekai-bundle

1$ Tier

- Machina of the Planet tree -Planet Ruler-

- RaidersSphere4th

- Sunrider Academy

- KARAKARA

- fault - milestone one

- fault - milestone two side:above

Pay Average Tier (Currently $6.50)

- HuniePop

- HunieCam Studio

- Root Double -Before Crime * After Days-Xtend Edition

- Sunrider: Liberation Day - Captain's Edition

- A Magical High School Girl

- Just Deserts

- ??? Unlocked in 7 days.

$12 Tier

- Saku Saku: Love Blooms with the Cherry Blossoms

- KARAKARA 2

- NEKO-NIN exHeart

- NEKO-NIN exHeart +PLUS Nachi

- NEKO-NIN exHeart +PLUS Saiha

They're not all visual novels either and for whatever reason the two HuniePot games are in there as well. All seem to be rated fairly highly.

#22161 sovereignNX-73811   THINKS HE CAN TAKE the whole Ardanian Army CAGiversary!   5688 Posts   Joined 4.1 Years Ago  

sovereignNX-73811

Posted 13 February 2018 - 08:29 PM

The Vita battery is God-Tier. On my last business trip I accidentally left the Vita on sleep mode after I got off the plane and it was probably at 75%. I never played on that Vita until a month later. I hit the button and I realized I never fully shut it down and it still had 20% of its battery left.

Well, damn. Maybe my Vita's battery is a bit on the shit side. It is a launch 1,000, but I don't feel that I've used it enough for the battery to be shot. 

If you need a battery replacement for you 1000, check this out. 

And here's how you'll take it apart.

#22162 shadowysea07   Cjenvy I'm ready for you awd this time I'm wearing pants CAGiversary!   4296 Posts   Joined 5.3 Years Ago  

shadowysea07

Posted 14 February 2018 - 12:32 AM

I

Yes turning off the blutooth wifi ect and turning down the brightness a little when playing games that don't use it helps a bit for the vita.  It may also be time for the battery to be replaced soon.

#22163 shadowysea07   Cjenvy I'm ready for you awd this time I'm wearing pants CAGiversary!   4296 Posts   Joined 5.3 Years Ago  

shadowysea07

Posted 14 February 2018 - 12:38 AM

We

between the stupid update that one month that drained the battery and the 1000 having a high battery failure rate it could be either or that caused it.

#22164 shadowysea07   Cjenvy I'm ready for you awd this time I'm wearing pants CAGiversary!   4296 Posts   Joined 5.3 Years Ago  

shadowysea07

Posted 14 February 2018 - 12:43 AM

The Vita battery is God-Tier. On my last business trip I accidentally left the Vita on sleep mode after I got off the plane and it was probably at 75%. I never played on that Vita until a month later. I hit the button and I realized I never fully shut it down and it still had 20% of its battery left.

On this note squaretrade? through ebay replaced my battery and did a wonderful job.  replaced the screws with shiny new ones, polished the screen and everything.  I wish I had renewed my warranty with them but sadly I didn't think about it until long after it had expired when my head phones slot failed.

#22165 BlackRockWaifu   Advocate for the Black Friday Champion Fredyyy CAGiversary!   2945 Posts   Joined 5.0 Years Ago  

BlackRockWaifu

Posted 14 February 2018 - 02:33 AM

http://www.thinkgeek.com/product/iqlh/

Asuna Blue Hair Figma $30 $70 (57% off)

#22166 Supplice   Hi-Fi CAGiversary!   4747 Posts   Joined 8.8 Years Ago  

Supplice

Posted 14 February 2018 - 03:01 AM

Valkyria Chronicles 4 Gets New Screenshots Showing the Mighty Cruiser Centurion and Her Crew

Valkyria Chronicles 4 Gets New Videos and Beautiful Artwork Featuring Playful Raz

Shining Resonance Refrain Gets New Trailer Showing Gameplay, Costumes and More

Spoiler

Muv-Luv Publisher Announces Solution for Issues Affecting Non-Backers After the Games Return to Steam

Monster Hunter World Nintendo Switch Port Would Be “Difficult” According to Capcom’s President

Final Fantasy XV Gets New Info on Royal Edition, Development; March Update Teased

Kingdom Hearts III: Square Enix Did Not Announce an E3 Release Date Reveal Despite Reports

#22167 The Dead Texan   Rest in Peace, Big Rizzle CAGiversary!   3708 Posts   Joined 9.7 Years Ago  

The Dead Texan

Posted 14 February 2018 - 04:38 AM

My vita's been charging with a blinking orange light. It might be the cable since it's pretty ragged on the edge. The battery looks full on the top right, but it'll randomly give me a low battery warning even if it's still green, too. Launch model, too. 

#22168 NeoMonk  

Posted 14 February 2018 - 06:11 AM

Current Gamestop deals:

Blue Reflection on PS4 $20

Kingdom Hearts 1.5 + 2.5 on PS4 $25

Kingdom Hearts 2.8 HD on PS4 $20

School Girl/Zombie Hunt on PS4 $20

World of Final Fantasy on PS4 $20

Bunch of Bandai Namco games on PS4 for $20 or $15 for PowerUp Members

#22169 Markmallow  

Markmallow

Posted 14 February 2018 - 07:47 AM

Current Gamestop deals:

Blue Reflection on PS4 $20

Nice! Thanks for the heads up. I’ve been waiting for this game to hit the $20 price point. I might have to make a trip to Gamestop tomorrow to pick up a copy.

#22170 Supplice   Hi-Fi CAGiversary!   4747 Posts   Joined 8.8 Years Ago  

Supplice

Posted 14 February 2018 - 12:07 PM

Meet The Girls Of The Idolmaster: Shiny Colors’ New Idol Unit “L’Antica”

PriPara: All Idol Perfect Stage’s First Trailer

Spoiler

Splatoon 2 Becomes The First Nintendo Switch Title To Sell Two Million Copies In Japan

Chrono Magia Shares A First Look At Its Characters And Action In A New Animated Trailer

Spoiler

Steins;Gate Elite’s Release Delayed From March 15 to '2018' In Japan

Valkyria Chronicles 4’s New Videos and Art Show Cool and Beautiful Sniper Kai

Code: Realize ~Bouquet of Rainbows~ and Code: Realize ~Future Blessings~ limited editions revealed