* * * * - 24 votes

Japanese Niche Games Deals & Discussion Thread 4.0

#22291 RPGamer246   I Game You Game We Game CAGiversary!   899 Posts   Joined 10.2 Years Ago  

Posted 18 February 2018 - 05:29 PM

man I dont even see little witch academia up yet on the psn store. guess it will drop on release day

#22292 lilman   Only the ordinary. CAGiversary!   3740 Posts   Joined 8.6 Years Ago  

Posted 18 February 2018 - 07:32 PM

Thanks. :ps4: Nights of Azure 2 came back in stock for a minute and I was able to grab it.

Anyone recommend Blue Reflection?

#22293 Nothing371   Tomorrow King - Interloper Kai CAGiversary!   6995 Posts   Joined 6.8 Years Ago  

Posted 18 February 2018 - 07:56 PM

Blue Reflection is available again for in-store pickup. 

#22294 reaperztoll   Banned Banned   3366 Posts   Joined 4.5 Years Ago  

reaperztoll

Posted 18 February 2018 - 08:17 PM

Thanks. :ps4: Nights of Azure 2 came back in stock for a minute and I was able to grab it.

Anyone recommend Blue Reflection?

I personally would not spend 19.99 on it knowing what I know now having played it for a few hours. I'm not very familiar with push square but their review summed up my experience pretty spot on.

http://www.pushsquar...blue_reflection

#22295 Supplice   Hi-Fi CAGiversary!   4663 Posts   Joined 8.6 Years Ago  

Supplice

Posted 18 February 2018 - 08:33 PM

Earth Defense Force 5 Gets Starship Troopers Collaboration After Shipping 300,000 Copies on PS4

Nintendo Offers Replacement for Defective Bayonetta Codes in Bayonetta 2

Gravity Rush 2 May Be Losing its Online Gameplay on PS4, But it’s Still Getting Beautiful Figures

[Interview] SNK Heroines devs talk Switch, game modes, and more

Final Fantasy XV Multiplayer Expansion: Comrades version 1.2.0 update first look trailer

Spoiler

#22296 Olengie   Your Waifu is Kuso. Except Mine CAGiversary!   10993 Posts   Joined 6.0 Years Ago  

Posted 18 February 2018 - 08:34 PM

15 bucks or bust for Blue Reflection

#22297 bappt   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   611 Posts   Joined 13.0 Years Ago  

Posted 18 February 2018 - 09:15 PM

Blue Reflection is running around a girl's High School watching events by talking to characters. At some point each character arc will send you into an adventure field reminiscent of Atelier and require collecting items or battling a certain number of monsters to get an emotion crystal. In addition there will be missions to do the same thing. After doing enough missions the player can check in to start the next chapter. Characters are granted skill points for completing missions and that's the only leveling done in game. After enough side characters are introduced so the main 3 girls (known as Reflectors) get a new support character, large endurance bosses appear. 

#22298 whoknows   Time and Eternity for all of time and eternity CAGiversary!   40011 Posts   Joined 13.9 Years Ago  

Posted 18 February 2018 - 09:18 PM

$59.99+ tax or bust for Blue Reflection

Fixed 

#22299 Commodore Wheeler   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   1202 Posts   Joined 5.9 Years Ago  

Commodore Wheeler

Posted 18 February 2018 - 09:30 PM

Yeah. They have matching bases.

This game deserves better figures.

Thanks! Dammit there goes my plan to make Pyra my last fig to add to the collection.

#22300 Supplice   Hi-Fi CAGiversary!   4663 Posts   Joined 8.6 Years Ago  

Supplice

Posted 19 February 2018 - 01:47 PM

Shin Megami Tensei V Development Is Now In Full Swing And Getting Triple The Work Effort On Demons

My Hero Academia: One’s Justice Gets First Screens For Ochako Uraraka, Tenya Iida, Shoto Todoroki

Konami Is Bringing Back Its Robot Girls With A New Busou Shinki Project

Metal Gear Survive’s Trophy List Has Been Revealed

Compile Heart Teases Probable New Game Announcement in Three Days

God Wars: Great War of Japanese Mythology Describes What’s New And What’s Improved

Naruto to Boruto Shinobi Striker’s PS4 Open Beta Announced; New 1080p Screenshots Released

Dead or Alive Xtreme Sense Adding Ayane and New Bikinis; More Updates Announced

Valkyria Chronicles 4 Gets New Screenshots and Info on Story, New Characters, and More

#22301 sovereignNX-73811   THINKS HE CAN TAKE the whole Ardanian Army CAGiversary!   5688 Posts   Joined 4.0 Years Ago  

sovereignNX-73811

Posted 19 February 2018 - 04:30 PM

Mythras figure just got announced  :-

Oh nooooooo. Oh God... I found out about Mythra this weekend alongside this:

https://www.reddit.c...wimsuit_figure/

ixNov1Vl.jpg

And now Gravity Rush 2 figures? 

So now I'm finding myself wanting five figures I typically don't buy (no...really, I - don't give me that look!). I'm torn between these figures or a set of Focal Clear. #FirstWeebProblems

#22302 Supplice   Hi-Fi CAGiversary!   4663 Posts   Joined 8.6 Years Ago  

Supplice

Posted 19 February 2018 - 05:05 PM

DJMAX Respect launches March 6 in North America and Europe

Mega Man Legacy Collection 1 + 2 launches May 22 for Switch

Spoiler

15 minutes of Death end re;Quest gameplay

#22303 sovereignNX-73811   THINKS HE CAN TAKE the whole Ardanian Army CAGiversary!   5688 Posts   Joined 4.0 Years Ago  

sovereignNX-73811

Posted 19 February 2018 - 05:19 PM

I just had the weirdest dream about that Alisa figure...

Thing 1: Aaaaaaayyyyy Falcom asked us to make a figure for them.

Thing Boss: Nice, I always liked their characters.

Thing 2: Great now we can have Altina - 

Thing Boss: SHADDUP! *kicks Thing 2 to the ground* Well let's see the design.

Thing 1: Here, it's the Magical Alisa figure. As seen in Sen no Kiseki II and Tokyo Xanadu.

Thing Boss: Hmm...oh. 

Thing 1: What's wrong?

Thing Boss: The outfit. We can't afford that. And that design. That's too hard.

Thing 2: That's what she said - 

Thing 1 and Boss: SHADDUP! *both kick Thing 2* 

Thing Boss: Well you're the fanboy who sunk 1000 hours into their games. What do we do?

Thing 1: Um...how about....Oh! We put her in a swimsuit!

Thing Boss: That's....A GREAT IDEA! Wait, what's she look like in that?

Thing 1: Here lemme check. Going to load up Sen no Kiseki II. 

Thing Boss:  I'll come with you. *Gets up and leaves desk* Out of the way. *kicks Thing 2* Eh, what are you doing with a PS3 at your desk? 

Thing 1: PS3? Pfft, PCmasterrace fool. Complete with  the undub patch.

Thing Boss: Say PCMasterRace again and I'll kick you too.

Thing 1: Oh, sorry.

#22304 chrislaustin   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   6280 Posts   Joined 12.5 Years Ago  

chrislaustin

Posted 19 February 2018 - 05:22 PM

Seriously Capcom, you clowns couldn't put both sets on one cart? You guys are  Fuck ing useless! LOL

I guess I'll keep an eye out for an import that has both sets on there own individual carts, and has English as an option.

#22305 Markmallow  

Markmallow

Posted 19 February 2018 - 05:22 PM

Mega Man Legacy Collection 1 + 2 launches May 22 for Switch
https://www.youtube....h?v=VI949Msniuo

At the end of the video in small print they say Mega Man Legacy 1 is on cart and Legacy 2 is a download code. Why you do this Capcom? The same freaking thing is happening with Bayonetta Switch. This frustrates me, because I like my games physical and on disc/cart.

I was really considering buying this collection again, because I thought it would be cool to have all 10 games together on one cart, but now I don’t know.

#22306 tsoul   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   417 Posts   Joined 6.8 Years Ago  

Posted 19 February 2018 - 05:57 PM

I love and hate Amazon. I ordered Blue Reflection on Sat and it's already arriving today even though I used free non-prime shipping, but they are slow on delivering the preorders of my other games.

#22307 Vigilante   The Deal Is Already Dead CAGiversary!   36525 Posts   Joined 12.9 Years Ago  

Posted 19 February 2018 - 06:19 PM

At the end of the video in small print they say Mega Man Legacy 1 is on cart and Legacy 2 is a download code. Why you do this Capcom? The same freaking thing is happening with Bayonetta Switch. This frustrates me, because I like my games physical and on disc/cart.

I was really considering buying this collection again, because I thought it would be cool to have all 10 games together on one cart, but now I don’t know.

Splitting up both Bayonettas makes some sense if they're larger-sized games, but I agree that not including all of the MM Legacy games on one cart is just stupid and lazy to the nth degree.

#22308 Nothing371   Tomorrow King - Interloper Kai CAGiversary!   6995 Posts   Joined 6.8 Years Ago  

Posted 19 February 2018 - 06:47 PM

I thought Switch was going to be the console where ooooh how cool would it be to have all of these games in hybrid portable-TV form; I'm going to buy all sorts of cool games for the Switch!

Nope, hasn't happened. 

Even cross-platform releases I find myself still buying them for the PS4 when given a choice.  I think the tiny cover art and the stupid red spines have something to do with it.  PS4 stuff gets clearanced cheaper too.  The number of Switch ports of games I have previously purchased has already become overwhelming too. 

#22309 Olengie   Your Waifu is Kuso. Except Mine CAGiversary!   10993 Posts   Joined 6.0 Years Ago  

Posted 19 February 2018 - 06:57 PM

im okay with having Megaman Legacy Collection 1 and 2 on PS4.

#22310 whoknows   Time and Eternity for all of time and eternity CAGiversary!   40011 Posts   Joined 13.9 Years Ago  

Posted 19 February 2018 - 07:04 PM

Switch is all about the exclusives, just like every other Nintendo console. It's not portable enough for me to really factor in that aspect of it. I can take my Vita/3DS with me really easily just on the off chance I have time to play. Switch is more of a hassle. So if I'm going to be playing on TV, can't think of a reason to get the Switch version over PS4.

#22311 Olengie   Your Waifu is Kuso. Except Mine CAGiversary!   10993 Posts   Joined 6.0 Years Ago  

Posted 19 February 2018 - 07:07 PM

It's annoying to see people always doing

"I don't want to look like I'm port begging, but is this coming to the Switch? As you know, I only buy for the Switch now."

#22312 SgtWiggles   Artist formally known as dgwillia CAGiversary!   11210 Posts   Joined 9.3 Years Ago  

Posted 19 February 2018 - 07:14 PM

Guess I'm a figure/statue person now. I have the Tracer and Reaper statues, Widow coming in the mail today, Pyra pre-ordered, and now I'll be preordering Mythra as well....

#22313 deadlykittenpaws  

deadlykittenpaws

Posted 19 February 2018 - 07:50 PM

This made me pass on bayonetta and now mega man, actually considering getting rid of my switch at this point

#22314 NeoMonk  

Posted 19 February 2018 - 09:30 PM

Gonna try & balance out this switch hate with some love.

This just came in:

Spoiler

#22315 deadlykittenpaws  

deadlykittenpaws

Posted 19 February 2018 - 09:48 PM

This just came in:

Spoiler

If they’d brought that to the u.s i might forgive them I missed the stocks of it to import

#22316 luxoflux  

luxoflux

Posted 19 February 2018 - 10:36 PM

Went ahead and pulled the trigger on Tokyo Xanadu eX+ since the limited edition is currently sitting at $61.72 new on Amazon. I had been watching it slowly tick down from $70 over the last few days and I am sure it is going to drop a bit more but the few dollars are not going to break the bank. Had $33 in amazon money anyway so $35 out the door with free same day deliver makes it the bee's knees.

#22317 Olengie   Your Waifu is Kuso. Except Mine CAGiversary!   10993 Posts   Joined 6.0 Years Ago  

Posted 20 February 2018 - 12:22 AM

This just came in:

Spoiler

All eng right?

#22318 reaperztoll   Banned Banned   3366 Posts   Joined 4.5 Years Ago  

reaperztoll

Posted 20 February 2018 - 12:26 AM

I thought Switch was going to be the console where ooooh how cool would it be to have all of these games in hybrid portable-TV form; I'm going to buy all sorts of cool games for the Switch!

Nope, hasn't happened. 

Even cross-platform releases I find myself still buying them for the PS4 when given a choice.  I think the tiny cover art and the stupid red spines have something to do with it.  PS4 stuff gets clearanced cheaper too.  The number of Switch ports of games I have previously purchased has already become overwhelming too. 

Multi plats almost all wind up on PS4 for me as well. Better value per dollar, better ecosystem and online, and unfortunately for Nintendo I enjoy trophies as do a lot of gamers apparently. I still play my switch quite a bit but until they finally kill the 3ds and start bringing all those titles over it gets 2nd or 3rd billing most of the time.

#22319 whoknows   Time and Eternity for all of time and eternity CAGiversary!   40011 Posts   Joined 13.9 Years Ago  

Posted 20 February 2018 - 12:32 AM

Speaking of Switch, anyone know if GCU is currently the best deal for XBC2?

#22320 The Dead Texan   Rest in Peace, Big Rizzle CAGiversary!   3685 Posts   Joined 9.5 Years Ago  

The Dead Texan

Posted 20 February 2018 - 12:36 AM

Speaking of Switch, anyone know if GCU is currently the best deal for XBC2?

More than likely, yeah. You could get the Special Edition from the Amazon Warehouse starting at $67.xx