* * * * - 24 votes

Japanese Niche Games Deals & Discussion Thread 4.0

#22471 Sir_Fragalot   wants Startropics 3. CAGiversary!   8681 Posts   Joined 12.4 Years Ago  

Sir_Fragalot

Posted 25 February 2018 - 04:42 AM

I think the problem I have with FF XV is that they are making major gameplay enhancements like 1-2 years after the game released. Yeah I bought it at launch, but I have not finished it. Now I want to wait till there is some complete edition of everything before I go back to it because why bother if they are gonna keep changing it.

Also WTF is up with Ni No Kuni II. Don't get me wrong, I am really looking forward to that, but they really changed the whole game and not just made it a sequel. I kinda liked the pokemon ripoff of the first game, but oh well.

#22472 nagpo  

Posted 25 February 2018 - 04:56 AM

MH World rant:

Spoiler

I am tired of these people too. The entered my quest against odogoran and it was a story mission. You get 3 continues in this match and they used them all giving me a gameover. If you're too bad and you're dying just leave the quest. Don't screw me over.

And most people don't even use/have their mics. It's ridiculous. I'm trying to talk to them or give instruction and I get nothing and they often don't follow my instruction. I'm the quest leader. If I want to capture instead of hunt then you need to not attack.

I'm not that far in the game as I've been playing just for fun mostly, online in expeditions and all - but that's grown boring.

#22473 Markmallow  

Markmallow

Posted 25 February 2018 - 06:37 AM

Digimon Story Cyber Sleuth: Hacker’s Memory is on sale for $39.99 with GCU. I know it’s not the greatest deal, but it’s there for anyone that doesn’t want to wait for it to drop more.

https://www.bestbuy....p?skuId=5855713

#22474 Olengie   Your Waifu is Kuso. Except Mine CAGiversary!   10989 Posts   Joined 6.0 Years Ago  

Posted 25 February 2018 - 07:32 AM

people can wait. 

:lol:

#22475 SgtWiggles   Artist formally known as dgwillia CAGiversary!   11210 Posts   Joined 9.2 Years Ago  

Posted 25 February 2018 - 08:28 AM

Digimon Story Cyber Sleuth: Hacker’s Memory is on sale for $39.99 with GCU. I know it’s not the greatest deal, but it’s there for anyone that doesn’t want to wait for it to drop more.

https://www.bestbuy....p?skuId=5855713

Glad my pre-order copy from Amazon came with a super fucked up case. Returned it and decided to wait and just kept the DLC. Not like I would have had time to play it anyway

#22476 itzd4n   Dank Lean CAGiversary!   718 Posts   Joined 8.0 Years Ago  

Posted 25 February 2018 - 09:17 AM

@nothing371 You need to find friends to play with, play with cags, or solo everything. It's sad, but true, you risk the chance of getting bad players when going with SOS. I've been playing mostly with my friends (who are veterans of the series, played practically every iteration since PSP) since I hit HR, and have learned to play as well as, if not better, than some of them.

@dead_batteries doesn't matter if they're JP players or not, my experience with JP players are about 50/50 when it comes whether they know what they're doing or not. Played with some who were downright terrible

@nagpo you can try to learn to do captures while they run if randoms keep ruining it for you or just try to capture anyway at the 'nest' spot. At your point in the story, they shouldn't be able to kill that quickly even if the skull pops up next to them on the map. Also, not everyone has a headset/mic, so you shouldn't be upset with people for that since you don't know their situation.

Also for all you guys mentioned, you can kick people if you feel they are ruining the quest for you if you posted the quest. I've kicked a decent number for silly things like carting twice, being idle, or being very rude/cocky and/or then wind up being useless.

#22477 Draekon   Kung-Fu Panda CAGiversary!   5566 Posts   Joined 12.5 Years Ago  

Posted 25 February 2018 - 10:51 AM

Not really anything new this week. A few ports mostly and a few of those are worthwhile if you haven't played them (Darkest Dungeon & PuyoPuyo). Although I don't list RPGMaker games, there is a decent looking Touhou one releasing this week on PC named Oracle of the Forgotten. It has a demo and it seems to have more than the usual basic textures, so it might be worth checking out if you're into those kinds of games.

Other stuff that released without warning last week (Assume PC unless otherwise noted):
- Revenant Saga (PS4 | RPG)
- Them’s Fightin’ Herds (Fighting)

Weekly Releases (February 25th - March 3rd)

Heroine Anthem Zero: Episode 1
- Platform(s): PS4
- Genre: Action RPG
- Demo: N/A
- Online: N/A
- Comments: Digital only. Previously released on PC. Not rated well on PC.

Jettomero: Hero of the Universe
- Platform(s): PS4
- Genre: ??? / Relaxing / Accidently Destroy All Humans
- Comments: Digital only. Previously released on PC & Xbox One.

Dragon Ball: Xenoverse 2 - Extra Pack 2: Infinite History (DLC)
- Platform(s): PS4, Switch, XB1, PC
- Genre: Fighting

Moss
- Platform(s): PS4 VR
- Genre: Action-Adventure
- Comments: Digital only.

ACA NeoGeo: Sengoku 2
- Platform(s): Switch
- Genre: Brawler / Sidescroller

Arcade Archives: Star Force
- Genre: SHMUP

Damascus Gear: Operation Tokyo
- Genre: Hack'n'Slash / Mechs
- Comments: Previously released on Vita, PC & Mobile.

Darkest Dungeon
- Platform(s): Xbox One
- Genre: RPG / Roguelike / Difficult
- Comments: Previously released on PS4, Vita, Switch, PC & Mobile.

Puyo Puyo™Tetris®
- Platform(s): PC
- Genre: Puzzle
- Online: Yes.
- Comments: Previously released on PS4 & Switch.

Cyberdimension Neptunia: 4 Goddesses Online
- Online: Yes.
- Comments: Previously released on PS4.

Eternal Dread

Radiant Melodia
- Genre: Visual Novel / Simulation

Yozakura Wizard VR
- Platform(s): PC VR
- Genre: Action / Stealth
- Comments: Seems to include English subs, but interface is still supposedly Japanese.

幻想四倍剣^2 悔悟棒の謎
- Genre: SRPG
- Comments: Japanese language only. Touhou indie game.

Past Releases
February 18th - February 24th
February 11th - February 17th
February 4th - February 10th
January 28th - February 3rd
January 21st - January 27th

#22478 NeoMonk  

Posted 25 February 2018 - 01:24 PM

I'll tag along with my MHW rant: 

Spoiler

#22479 JohnnySako   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   479 Posts   Joined 7.4 Years Ago  

JohnnySako

Posted 25 February 2018 - 02:05 PM

Not sure if it was mentioned previously, but the JP store added two new free Senran Kagura Burst Re:Newal themes.

One is actually family appropriate with good music. It will replace the RWBY one I’ve used for the longest time, aside from the KOF 14 Santa Girls theme during the Holidays, since my 9 year old also uses my ps4.

#22480 Supplice   Hi-Fi CAGiversary!   4662 Posts   Joined 8.6 Years Ago  

Supplice

Posted 25 February 2018 - 03:38 PM

Shenmue III Trailer Shows Characters, Environments, and Much More

Spoiler

Shenmue III Keeps Looking Better and Better; New Direct-Feed Screenshots Released

Senran Kagura Burst Re:Newal Gets Two Free PS4 Themes

Final Fantasy XIV’s Little Ladies Day Is Coming, Marking A Return Of The Idol Group ‘Songbirds’

Voez’s physical release apparently coming to North America

#22481 nagpo  

Posted 25 February 2018 - 04:08 PM

@nothing371 You need to find friends to play with, play with cags, or solo everything. It's sad, but true, you risk the chance of getting bad players when going with SOS. I've been playing mostly with my friends (who are veterans of the series, played practically every iteration since PSP) since I hit HR, and have learned to play as well as, if not better, than some of them.

@dead_batteries doesn't matter if they're JP players or not, my experience with JP players are about 50/50 when it comes whether they know what they're doing or not. Played with some who were downright terrible

@nagpo you can try to learn to do captures while they run if randoms keep ruining it for you or just try to capture anyway at the 'nest' spot. At your point in the story, they shouldn't be able to kill that quickly even if the skull pops up next to them on the map. Also, not everyone has a headset/mic, so you shouldn't be upset with people for that since you don't know their situation.

Also for all you guys mentioned, you can kick people if you feel they are ruining the quest for you if you posted the quest. I've kicked a decent number for silly things like carting twice, being idle, or being very rude/cocky and/or then wind up being useless.

Doesn't every ps4 come with a mic? I've bought two and both have come with a small little mic and ear bud.

#22482 deadofnight   CAG in Training CAGiversary!   764 Posts   Joined 5.4 Years Ago  

deadofnight

Posted 25 February 2018 - 06:56 PM

Not sure if it was mentioned previously, but the JP store added two new free Senran Kagura Burst Re:Newal themes.

One is actually family appropriate with good music. It will replace the RWBY one I’ve used for the longest time, aside from the KOF 14 Santa Girls theme during the Holidays, since my 9 year old also uses my ps4.

Cool. The other day I was thinking I would prefer themes centered on each team. I downloaded the free themes, and I'll buy Crimson Squad if it gets added to the US store. Ryobi is my favorite character, but Crimson Squad is my favorite team. I like everyone in it.

And I just saw a Bioshock Collection theme was added two months ago. I'll buy it when I start playing the remastered Bioshock Infinite. The transition is awesome.

Right now I'm using one of the free Nier: Automata themes because I'm currently playing it. I switch themes every couple of months, and try to use a theme for the game I'm focusing on. That's usually possible thanks to all the free themes. So far I've only bought Makoto's theme for Persona 5.

#22483 vic_x51   World Warrior CAGiversary!   2035 Posts   Joined 10.1 Years Ago  

Posted 25 February 2018 - 07:02 PM

Awesome, thanks for the ends up.
I forget to check the jp psn store regularly for timed-exclusive free stuff.

#22484 JohnnySako   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   479 Posts   Joined 7.4 Years Ago  

JohnnySako

Posted 25 February 2018 - 07:42 PM

Awesome, thanks for the ends up.
I forget to check the jp psn store regularly for timed-exclusive free stuff.

No problem! I haven’t checked the JP store in a while myself, but was in this morning to download the Hokuto Ga Gotoku demo.

#22485 Supplice   Hi-Fi CAGiversary!   4662 Posts   Joined 8.6 Years Ago  

Supplice

Posted 26 February 2018 - 02:43 AM

Valkyria Chronicles 4 PS4 Demo Available Now on Japanese PlayStation Store - DL

New Attack on Titan 2 PS4 Gameplay Shows New Features and Titan Slaughter

Spoiler

Compile Heart Teases Eight New Projects Including Five JRPGs; Reveals Art for the First

Sword Art Online: Fatal Bullet’s Launch Trailer Gives a Glimpse of Story and Gameplay

Spoiler

#22486 NeoMonk  

Posted 26 February 2018 - 06:11 AM

Shinobi Refle: Senran Kagura will be adding Ryouna as a DLC + Free Outfits.
Spoiler

#22487 bappt   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   611 Posts   Joined 13.0 Years Ago  

Posted 26 February 2018 - 06:45 AM

Thanks to time zones that's been available since sometime around Noon eastern.

#22488 Supplice   Hi-Fi CAGiversary!   4662 Posts   Joined 8.6 Years Ago  

Supplice

Posted 26 February 2018 - 01:08 PM

Hokuto Ga Gotoku Gets New Trailers Showing Eden and Wasteland

Spoiler

Metal Max Xeno for PS4 and PS Vita Reveals a New Character; Root Letter Shipped 400,000 Copies

Final Fantasy XR Ride At Universal Studios Japan Takes Us Through A Cloud Vs. Sephiroth Fight

God Eater And Code Vein Get A Stylish-Looking Collaboration Cafe In Japan

Fighting EX Layer Will Release Worldwide By By The End Of June; Adds Shadowgeist

#22489 shadowysea07   Cjenvy I'm ready for you awd this time I'm wearing pants CAGiversary!   4256 Posts   Joined 5.1 Years Ago  

shadowysea07

Posted 26 February 2018 - 02:26 PM

I read that as fighting ex lawyer for some reason and was like phoenix wright is getting a fighting game?

#22490 AugustAPC   Not For Sale CAGiversary!   3464 Posts   Joined 7.8 Years Ago  

Posted 26 February 2018 - 02:47 PM

I wish we knew if this was getting a physical release. I really hope it does.

#22491 hostyl1   Rejoice commoners! CAGiversary!   2746 Posts   Joined 12.6 Years Ago  

Posted 26 February 2018 - 03:04 PM

I read that as fighting ex lawyer for some reason and was like phoenix wright is getting a fighting game?

Eh, gives off a been there, done that vibe to me.

Spoiler

#22492 BMXJouster   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   1269 Posts   Joined 10.6 Years Ago  

Posted 26 February 2018 - 03:07 PM

I wish we knew if this was getting a physical release. I really hope it does.

https://gematsu.com/...itally-end-june

Arika said that if the game does well, it could also receive a physical release, as well as a PC version via Steam.

So most likely no physical release at launch, but maybe one later on if it does well.  I just hope they do get a PC version out.

#22493 sovereignNX-73811   THINKS HE CAN TAKE the whole Ardanian Army CAGiversary!   5688 Posts   Joined 4.0 Years Ago  

sovereignNX-73811

Posted 26 February 2018 - 05:36 PM

but if a Sovereign Edition is coming next, I'm going to hold off.

I want a Sovereign(NX-73811) edition, where the game changes in to Trails of Cold Steel and includes Miku as a playable character, and takes place in the Star Trek universe, and comes with Miku figures, and is only on the Vita.

post-490570-0-82475200-1414029978.gif

qMuWBUi.png

You know @BRW...I'll bet that dude that helped mod the Cold Steel PC stuff "MikuTsubasa" (?) is probably working on sticking Miku into Cold Steel. But for a good Star Trek game? ... Yeah. Maybe in another reality. Oh well. :lol:

I'm honestly getting tired how Square Enix is milking FFXV to levels of insanity I thought I'd never see. Mobile edition, season pass stuff, Windows Edition...WHEN WILL IT EVER END? :whee: They might as well put it on Vita. And Switch. And Mac, Linux, and even PS3 and Xbox 360 for giggles.

Although I might buy the Windows Edition. Eventually. My PC can evidently run it nice and stable at 60FPS on 1080P and mostly stable 30FPS on 4K. Ignis' recipes never looked tastier! 

#22494 roger watersmelon   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   2574 Posts   Joined 8.2 Years Ago  

roger watersmelon

Posted 26 February 2018 - 06:10 PM

The last time I played a good Star Trek game was over 20 years ago.

#22495 Soma_Cruz   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   1471 Posts   Joined 9.6 Years Ago  

Soma_Cruz

Posted 26 February 2018 - 06:18 PM

Grabbed Tokyo Xanadu eX+ since it's on sale. Now I think I just need the Utawareumonos and Demon Gaze II for PS4 RPGs from last year that I still intend to get eventually. 

Well there was YS VIII but decided to get that on Switch.

edit: Forgot .hack. I don't know why it annoys me that it only has one platinum even though I'm not a trophy hunter lol.

#22496 Nothing371   Tomorrow King - Interloper Kai CAGiversary!   6994 Posts   Joined 6.8 Years Ago  

Posted 26 February 2018 - 07:10 PM

The last time I played a good Star Trek game was over 20 years ago.

I enjoyed playing Pocket Pool with Deanna Troi when I was 13.   She was my first true love.  But then Xena came on at 11:00 and they would occasionally have to battle for my affections. 

#22497 Olengie   Your Waifu is Kuso. Except Mine CAGiversary!   10989 Posts   Joined 6.0 Years Ago  

Posted 26 February 2018 - 07:36 PM

Ill get Fighting Ex Layer when the physical release happens

#22498 AugustAPC   Not For Sale CAGiversary!   3464 Posts   Joined 7.8 Years Ago  

Posted 26 February 2018 - 08:01 PM

Ill get Fighting Ex Layer when the physical release happens

If a physical release is, indeed, contingent upon the game performing well... I don't have very high hopes. Niche fighting games are a tough sell to the casual gamer.

I really hope that it does make its way to discs, though. Fighting games are my favorite genre and I want to own as many of them as I can.

#22499 Supplice   Hi-Fi CAGiversary!   4662 Posts   Joined 8.6 Years Ago  

Supplice

Posted 26 February 2018 - 08:01 PM

Yakuza 6 Demo Is Over 36 GB

Xenoblade Chronicles 2 Original Soundtrack To Release In Japan On May 23

NieR: Automata Is Getting A Piano Collections Album On April 25

Under Night In-Birth Characters To Get Their First English Voicing In BlazBlue: Cross Tag Battle

Dynasty Warriors 9 Gets New Update; Makes Unlocking Officers Easier and Much More

#22500 roger watersmelon   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   2574 Posts   Joined 8.2 Years Ago  

roger watersmelon

Posted 26 February 2018 - 08:02 PM

I enjoyed playing Pocket Pool with Deanna Troi when I was 13.   She was my first true love.  But then Xena came on at 11:00 and they would occasionally have to battle for my affections.

The classic battle between space yoga and leather armor.