* * * * - 29 votes

Japanese Niche Games Deals & Discussion Thread 4.0

#22501 Olengie   Your Waifu is Kuso. Except Mine CAGiversary!   11873 Posts   Joined 10.2 Years Ago  

Posted 26 February 2018 - 08:11 PM

If a physical release is, indeed, contingent upon the game performing well... I don't have very high hopes. Niche fighting games are a tough sell to the casual gamer.

I really hope that it does make its way to discs, though. Fighting games are my favorite genre and I want to own as many of them as I can.

wish they made a publishing deal with Sony

#22502 nitrosmob   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   11243 Posts   Joined 16.2 Years Ago  

Posted 26 February 2018 - 08:36 PM

I honestly don't know how well niche physical fighting game releases do. They seem to clearance out pretty low and pretty quickly.

#22503 Zaku77   \m/ CAGiversary!   5122 Posts   Joined 12.7 Years Ago  

Posted 26 February 2018 - 08:39 PM

I just want to see a PC version of Fighting EX layer. While I do overall prefer PC due to the vast options and overall better versions of most games, there are two genres in particular that I like to see on PC: Shmups and fighting games.

I never want to have to hook up an old console, deal with nonsense updates, archaic interfaces, dead online from everyone being on the next gen platform, old controllers, etc, when I get an itch to play a fighter or a shmup for 30 minutes. For those two genres being able to play all of my favorites across any generation, with any controller, and with extreme convenience is very important to me. I think it's mainly the pick up and play aspect that makes me single those two out.

#22504 sovereignNX-73811   rolling (over) back in style CAGiversary!   5692 Posts   Joined 8.2 Years Ago  

sovereignNX-73811

Posted 26 February 2018 - 08:57 PM

The last time I played a good Star Trek game was over 20 years ago.

TuKf61l.jpg

Grabbed Tokyo Xanadu eX+ since it's on sale. 

Well there was YS VIII but decided to get that on Switch.

I think you'll like Tokyo Xanadu eX+. Well once you get through to the fact that it's like six hours of actual gameplay and 60 hours interactive visual novel. 

As far as Ys VIII, I'm just going to wait for the PC version. Just so I can get through some other games like Xenoblade 2's postgame stuff, Persona 5, Monster Hunter World, Radiant Historia 3DS, and did I mention Xenoblade 2? 

On that note, the Switch version may release before the PC one will!

I enjoyed playing Pocket Pool with Deanna Troi when I was 13.   She was my first true love.  But then Xena came on at 11:00 and they would occasionally have to battle for my affections. 

Oh if only she could have read all our young brain waves! Or....maybe not.  Hehehe.

FML, I missed the limited edition USB flash drive. Oh well. But....wow....it's even going to be in Hi-Res. O_O. YES! 

giphy.gif

#22505 Olengie   Your Waifu is Kuso. Except Mine CAGiversary!   11873 Posts   Joined 10.2 Years Ago  

Posted 26 February 2018 - 10:11 PM

#22506 shadowysea07   Cjenvy I'm ready for you awd this time I'm wearing pants CAGiversary!   7550 Posts   Joined 9.3 Years Ago  

shadowysea07

Posted 27 February 2018 - 03:07 AM

The classic battle between space yoga and leather armor.

pressure points I imagine could make for alot of fun.

#22507 Covnam   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   1518 Posts   Joined 17.6 Years Ago  

Posted 27 February 2018 - 03:19 AM

Woo! Finally =D

#22508 The Dead Texan   Rest in Peace, Big Rizzle CAGiversary!   3897 Posts   Joined 13.7 Years Ago  

The Dead Texan

Posted 27 February 2018 - 04:10 AM

Great, another release I have to get. Looking forward to which songs make the cut. 

#22509 bappt   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   1061 Posts   Joined 17.2 Years Ago  

Posted 27 February 2018 - 05:36 AM

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA

#22510 G_x51   World Warrior CAGiversary!   2578 Posts   Joined 14.3 Years Ago  

Posted 27 February 2018 - 07:16 AM

whAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA

#22511 Ram & Rem   ラム × レム CAGiversary!   869 Posts   Joined 9.3 Years Ago  

Posted 27 February 2018 - 07:17 AM

Truly the greatest crossover in video game history.

My reaction as well.

#22512 roger watersmelon   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   3007 Posts   Joined 12.4 Years Ago  

roger watersmelon

Posted 27 February 2018 - 07:39 AM

Off topic, but that made me want to share my favorite Big Enough video.

We now return you to your regularly scheduled forum posts.

#22513 Supplice   Meta CAGiversary!   4863 Posts   Joined 12.8 Years Ago  

Supplice

Posted 27 February 2018 - 10:26 AM

Hatsune Miku VR Gets Stream Release Date and Teaser Trailer Showing First Gameplay

Spoiler

Senran Kagura: Peach Beach Splash Getting Neptune from Hyperdimension Neptunia as DLC

Fighting EX Layer for PS4 Gets New Gameplay Trailers Showing Blair, Jack and Shadowgeist

Spoiler

Valkyria Chronicles 4 Introduces Three New Characters: Vuanti, Odin, and Meybel

Rumor: Mary Skelter: Nightmares 2 Appears To Have Leaked For PS4

Zoids Makes A Return With A New Cross-Media Project That Includes A Nintendo Switch Game

Square Enix Registers Trademark For Idol Fantasy In Japan

New Dragon Quest Builders 2 details – reason for the sequel, development status, more

#22514 Draekon   Kung-Fu Panda CAGiversary!   5726 Posts   Joined 16.7 Years Ago  

Posted 27 February 2018 - 03:44 PM

New Dragon Quest Builders 2 details – reason for the sequel, development status, more

Sounds like multiplayer will be tacked on again as more of an afterthought rather than it being fully integrated. You'd think that them borrowing from Minecraft would lead to fully integrated multiplayer, but instead the Japanese will be themselves when it comes to half assed multiplayer. Hopefully I'm proven wrong, but their track record is absolute shit when it comes to good multiplayer design. /rant

I guess I'll likely be waiting for a good discount before even considering this game.

#22515 RatedIM   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   75 Posts   Joined 16.0 Years Ago  

Posted 27 February 2018 - 03:57 PM

Just in case anyone is looking for the Monster Hunter Dualshock 4, Play-asia has 1 left in stock. They used to have two, then I bought one, and now they one left. Pricey but boy is it a beautiful thing.

https://www.play-asi...ition/13/70bt97

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

#22516 gpn   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   268 Posts   Joined 18.9 Years Ago  

Posted 27 February 2018 - 04:03 PM

Girls und Panzer English version is shipping from Play Asia.

Panzer vor!

#22517 nitrosmob   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   11243 Posts   Joined 16.2 Years Ago  

Posted 27 February 2018 - 04:17 PM

Girls und Panzer English version is shipping from Play Asia.

Panzer vor!

Give impressions if you play it. I didn't order it myself since the game play looked really simple and it seemed like more of a multiplayer game, but I'd like impressions.

Think it's just going to be Super Robot Wars X and the Full Metal Panic game for Asian English releases for me this year so far. I love me some turn based games. Bullet Girls Phantasia looks super iffy, but I may get it on sale sometime.

#22518 BoxPizzaBox   Trash Tier CAGiversary!   1521 Posts   Joined 11.9 Years Ago  

BoxPizzaBox

Posted 27 February 2018 - 04:36 PM

Dead or Alive 5 Last Round Season Pass 7 is 40% off for $44.69 with PS+, for those that wait for them to go on sale (myself included)

https://store.playst...EASONPASS7SET00

#22519 BlackRockWaifu   Advocate for the Black Friday Champion Fredyyy CAGiversary!   3004 Posts   Joined 9.0 Years Ago  

BlackRockWaifu

Posted 27 February 2018 - 05:02 PM

IT'S HAPPENING!!!

giphy.gif

I knew I bought the game at launch for a reason. And now I can use Neptune to finish the plat.

#22520 Supplice   Meta CAGiversary!   4863 Posts   Joined 12.8 Years Ago  

Supplice

Posted 27 February 2018 - 05:36 PM

Chrono Trigger Gets a Stealth Release on Steam Today; Available Now for PC

PS4 Exclusive Full Metal Panic! Fight! Who Dares Wins Gets Lots of 1080p Screenshots

New Gundam Breaker Builds A New Global Development, New Ways To Fight And Co-op

Disaster Report 4 Plus: Summer Memories’ School-Turned-Shelter Isn’t Quite The Ideal Place To Stay

Sonic The Hedgehog Was Almost Human

ESRB to Start Acknowledging In-Game Purchases on Its Labels

-

Shin Megami Tensei IV And SMTIV: Apocalypse Getting A Double Hero Pack In Japan

Atlus Launches The Alliance Alive Demo on 3DS Today With Details and Bonuses

Korean Cult Classic The Coma: Recut to Receive PlayStation Vita Release

Yakuza 6: The Song of Life demo

"Your save will transfer to the release version once it’ll become available, including all the progression, items, and money you accumulate." - DS

#22521 Draekon   Kung-Fu Panda CAGiversary!   5726 Posts   Joined 16.7 Years Ago  

Posted 27 February 2018 - 06:54 PM

Weekly free PSN junk:

Yakuza 6: The Song of Life

PS4

- -Prologue- Demo (Temporarily removed from the store)

Critics Choice Sale

Since there has been mention about JP PSN themes and what not, I'll go ahead and list the last years free themes below as well. They of course require you to be logged into your Japanese PSN account for the link to direct you to the proper page.

(Direct link to JP PSN 'Free' Themes Page)

Spoiler

Not much this week, but a fair amount from the JP PSN store since I haven't really linked anything from it in over a year more or less. There are two themes I linked that are PS+ only which probably interest people in this thread.

EDIT: Added a few more JP PSN Themes.

#22522 Say_Jayx3  

Posted 28 February 2018 - 12:00 AM

For anyone who was able to grab the Yakuza 6 demo. Apparently, there's a glitch in the US release that allows you to play the full game with trophies. There's no limit set in the demo.

Sega had already pulled it from the store. But if you purchased it before hand you can still download it from your download list, which is what I did.

Now to turn off automatic updates lol.

#22523 Olengie   Your Waifu is Kuso. Except Mine CAGiversary!   11873 Posts   Joined 10.2 Years Ago  

Posted 28 February 2018 - 12:12 AM

Not even mad i missed the demo being momentarily free. Cuz Im still going to buy so the franchise can live on
Lol

#22524 Supplice   Meta CAGiversary!   4863 Posts   Joined 12.8 Years Ago  

Supplice

Posted 28 February 2018 - 12:21 AM

It's not a glitch, they released the full game for free by mistake.  :lol: I'm still keeping my Premium Edition preorder though. 

#22525 whoknows   Time and Eternity for all of time and eternity CAGiversary!   40133 Posts   Joined 18.1 Years Ago  

Posted 28 February 2018 - 12:25 AM

I'm not upset I missed out on Yakuza

Spoiler

#22526 Miker525  

Posted 28 February 2018 - 12:36 AM

I'm actually glad I missed out. I'd be tempted to play it. I still have to finish 5. Also got that premium edition coming in aww yeah

#22527 RubMySweatyThighsPls  

RubMySweatyThighsPls

Posted 28 February 2018 - 12:40 AM

Damn missed it, crazy how the game is read  but is months away from released 

#22528 Say_Jayx3  

Posted 28 February 2018 - 12:43 AM

Still got my artbook edition on preorder as well to support the series. But now I can just play the digital version and keep my physical version sealed.

For anyone who's played the demo yet and got it to "unlock" , does your homescreen icon for the demo say "prologue" on it?

Mine does. I'm Wondering if it's a different download some received or did everyone get the full game.

#22529 Olengie   Your Waifu is Kuso. Except Mine CAGiversary!   11873 Posts   Joined 10.2 Years Ago  

Posted 28 February 2018 - 01:16 AM

If you can play the arcade games, you have the full game

#22530 NeoStrayCat   Cat Person! :3 CAGiversary!   861 Posts   Joined 9.5 Years Ago  

NeoStrayCat

Posted 28 February 2018 - 01:30 AM

Well, for whoever is going to Anime Ascension this year (Aksys' tourney for Arc System Works titles), BlazBlue: Cross Tag Battle will be playable there!

I know I am, lol. (For those wondering, its in UC Irvine, California, and have been there since the first A.A.)