* * * * - 24 votes

Japanese Niche Games Deals & Discussion Thread 4.0

#23431 EdJericho   2.5D Seiyuu Fanboy CAGiversary!   800 Posts   Joined 5.3 Years Ago  

Posted 20 April 2018 - 11:26 PM

Hmm...I'm guessing I'm the only person that actually enjoyed Metal Gear Survive lol.

I found the game to be pretty fun, especially the exploring aspect. The base management was an interesting addition as well. Story was not the greatest, but it was based on parallel timelines so its the best it could have been. Playing online with others was quite enjoyable as well.

This is just my unpopular opinion for the day  ;)

zCyH07q.gif

#23432 shosaisyu   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   140 Posts   Joined 11.9 Years Ago  

shosaisyu

Posted 21 April 2018 - 04:18 AM

The Muv-Luv trilogy CE Is up at rice digital.

https://www.ricedigi...vita-us-version

Too bad rice digital is a cancer store. How do they keep getting all these exclusives? I hate buying from these fuckers.

Shipping is typically almost 40-50 USD.

#23433 Olengie   Your Waifu is Kuso. Except Mine CAGiversary!   11226 Posts   Joined 6.2 Years Ago  

Posted 21 April 2018 - 05:06 AM

Too bad rice digital is a cancer store. How do they keep getting all these exclusives? I hate buying from these fuckers.

Wait for their Super Clearance Sale?

#23434 Pheria   Trash Tier CAGiversary!   1201 Posts   Joined 7.9 Years Ago  

Posted 21 April 2018 - 05:58 PM

If you hit a certain dollar amount it's free. I can rarely find the policy on their website, but I believe it's around $150. So if there's a CE and another game or CE you want, try to order them together.

#23435 shosaisyu   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   140 Posts   Joined 11.9 Years Ago  

shosaisyu

Posted 21 April 2018 - 06:30 PM

If you hit a certain dollar amount it's free. I can rarely find the policy on their website, but I believe it's around $150. So if there's a CE and another game or CE you want, try to order them together.

Yes, the other problem is that they charge you up front instantly for the entire fucking order. You have to hit 150 GBP for free ship, which is 210 USD roughly at the time of this posting. No other company, international or not, shaq-fu's you this hard.

Rice digital sucks.

#23436 Pheria   Trash Tier CAGiversary!   1201 Posts   Joined 7.9 Years Ago  

Posted 21 April 2018 - 06:44 PM

Yes, the other problem is that they charge you up front instantly for the entire fucking order. You have to hit 150 GBP for free ship, which is 210 USD roughly at the time of this posting. No other company, international or not, shaq-fu's you this hard.

Rice digital sucks.

Yeah, I'm not disagreeing. To add insult to injury, as you guys were discussing, there's usually a heavily discounted sale later. Or those 'extras only' from the prior CE's.

#23437 shosaisyu   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   140 Posts   Joined 11.9 Years Ago  

shosaisyu

Posted 21 April 2018 - 06:53 PM

Yeah...the other problem being that a CE can end up entirely dissappearing if you choose to wait for a sale. I got shaq fu'd deciding to wait on root letter and chaos child.

With the Muv-Luv kickstarter vita being so limited, unfortunately I don't think it's a great gamble trying to wait, so I have to get effed by the shipping hit.

ugh.

#23438 Dead_Batteries   Voltaic Pile CAGiversary!   1039 Posts   Joined 7.5 Years Ago  

Dead_Batteries

Posted 21 April 2018 - 06:57 PM

From the CE sale last year, to reach free ship was £119 and my total was £124.96 which was roughly $161.

I do want to pick up Muv-Luv and the Song of Memories CE, but meh, I don't feel comfortable paying that much.

I'll probably just pick up a digital copy.

#23439 AugustAPC   Not For Sale CAGiversary!   3498 Posts   Joined 8.0 Years Ago  

Posted 21 April 2018 - 07:38 PM

Yeah...the other problem being that a CE can end up entirely dissappearing if you choose to wait for a sale. I got shaq fu'd deciding to wait on root letter and chaos child.

With the Muv-Luv kickstarter vita being so limited, unfortunately I don't think it's a great gamble trying to wait, so I have to get effed by the shipping hit.

ugh.

The Root Letter CE can be had for a reasonable price in eBay. I don't think the Chaos Child CE ever actually got released. I'd been trying to find it for sale for a long time and I can't even find an unboxing of it or anyone that said they got it. On the site it's listed as "discontinued".

I noticed the Gal Gun 2 CE also sold out recently. I'm trying to tell myself I don't need the CEs for those two games, as I didn't get the first one, either.

I'm probably going to pick up Muv-Luv and Song of Memories, though.

#23440 The Dead Texan   Rest in Peace, Big Rizzle CAGiversary!   3709 Posts   Joined 9.7 Years Ago  

The Dead Texan

Posted 22 April 2018 - 07:07 AM

Square put up previews for the songs on the Nier Automata Piano Collections album on their site:

http://www.square-en...5043.1523634059

#23441 Supplice   Hi-Fi CAGiversary!   4760 Posts   Joined 8.8 Years Ago  

Supplice

Posted 22 April 2018 - 08:50 AM

Sega Reveals New Screenshots Of HD Ryo Hazuki From Shenmue I & II

Vanquish, Metal Gear Solid V, and More Make Up Xbox’s Games With Gold Lineup for May

Bloodstained Team Releases Feedback Survey Focusing On Kickstarter Communication And DLC

Ketsui: Kizuna Jigoku Tachi for PS4 physical edition announced for Japan

Final Fantasy VII Remake Aims to “Exceed the Original”; Square Enix Talks Development and Philosophy

Mega Man X Legacy Collection’s Soundtrack Is Getting An Official Release

Suda51 Talks About How Travis Got The Death Drive Mark 2 In Travis Strikes Again: No More Heroes

Second Hyrule Warriors: Definitive Edition Character Highlight Showcases Older Characters

Maihana Soumakyou for PS4 English trophy list surfaces, titled Touhou Azure Reflections

#23442 Souffrir   Eternally Training CAG CAGiversary!   4017 Posts   Joined 5.8 Years Ago  

Posted 22 April 2018 - 09:03 AM

Final Fantasy VII Remake Aims to “Exceed the Original”; Square Enix Talks Development and Philosophy

#23443 Draekon   Kung-Fu Panda CAGiversary!   5636 Posts   Joined 12.7 Years Ago  

Posted 22 April 2018 - 12:35 PM

This week is seriously the week of Switch ports. I'm hoping that The Swords of Ditto is fairly decent as it could be a fun co-op experience. Although I'm really looking forward to Battletech this week. Also, this is probably the last week for April's PS+ games as well since it ends on a Monday.

Other stuff that released without warning last week or I overlooked it (Assume PC unless otherwise noted):
- Ganbatte (PCVR | Social Arcade MP / Early Access)

Weekly Releases (April 22nd - April 28th)

Devious Dungeon
- Platform(s): PS4, Vita
- Genre: Action Platformer
- Demo: N/A
- Online: N/A
- Comments: Digital only. Cross-Buy.

The Swords of Ditto
- Platform(s): PS4, PC
- Genre: Action-Adventure / RPG
- Online: Yes.

Gal*Gun 2
- Platform(s): PS4, Switch
- Genre: Rail Shooter / Light Gun

Pic-a-Pix Color
- Platform(s): PS4, Vita
- Genre: Logic Puzzle / Picross

Cosmic Star Heroine
- Platform(s): Vita
- Genre: RPG
- Comments: Previously released on PS4, PC. Digital only, but should get an LRG release. Cross-Buy with PS4.

Emily Wants to Play Too
- Platform(s): PS4
- Genre: Horror
- Comments: Previously released on PC.

Psychedelica of the Black Butterfly
- Platform(s): Vita
- Genre: Visual Novel / Otome / Shooter Segments

Flinthook (LRG Release)
- Platform(s): Switch
- Comments: Physical release by Limited Run Games.

Mercenary Kings: Reloaded Edition (LRG Release)
- Comments: Physical release by Limited Run Games.

Darkest Dungeon: Ancestral Edition
- Genre: RPG / Survival
- Comments: Previously released on PS4, Vita, XB1 & PC.

South Park: The Fractured But Whole
- Genre: RPG
- Comments: Previously released on PS4, XB1, PC.

ACA NeoGeo: Ghost Pilots
- Genre: SHMUP
- Comments: Digital only.

Naruto Shippuden: Ultimate Ninja Storm Trilogy
- Genre: Fighting / Action
- Comments: Previously released on PS4, XB1 & PC.

Jotun: Valhalla Edition
- Genre: Action-Adventure
- Comments: Previously released on PS4, Wii U, XB1, PC.

BAIKO
- Platform(s): PC
- Genre: Puzzle / Mathmatics
- Comments: Similar to Picross.

Chuusotsu! 1st Graduation: Time After Time
- Genre: Visual Novel
- Demo: Yes.
- Comments: Published by Fruitbat Factory.

BATTLETECH
- Genre: Strategy RPG / Mech
- Comments: Same dev who made Shadowrun.

Joyo Kanji Quiz
- Genre: Educational

The New Girl

Bullet Witch
- Genre: Shooter / Action

SushiParty
- Genre: Action / Shooter
- Comments: Wat.

EARTH DEFENSE FORCE 4.1 WINGDIVER THE SHOOTER
- Genre: SHMUP
- Comments: Oh, so now the Wingdiver can fly indefinitely. No word on localized PS4 version.

Sanguo Warriors VR
- Platform(s): PC VR
- Genre: Action RPG
- Comments: Chinese dev.

The Stroke of Midnight
- Genre: Visual Novel / Mystery

You Are The Apple Of My Eye 研磨时光
- Comments: Chinese dev.

Past Releases
April 15th - April 21st
April 8th - April 14th
April 1st - April 7th
March 25th - March 31st
March 18th - March 24th

#23444 NeoMonk  

Posted 22 April 2018 - 03:03 PM

So Let me see If I got this right... Backers ended up paying more, Waiting longer and getting less.

That's fantastic!

Never Again Kickstarter...  [-(

#23445 spoderman  

Posted 22 April 2018 - 03:39 PM

So Let me see If I got this right... Backers ended up paying more, Waiting longer and getting less.

That's fantastic!

Never Again Kickstarter...  [-(

How are backers getting less? Backers get more.

#23446 NeoMonk  

Posted 22 April 2018 - 06:54 PM

How are backers getting less? Backers get more.

$80+ backers was the minimum for physical copies. 

#23447 62t   Zune Duck! CAGiversary!   19867 Posts   Joined 13.9 Years Ago  

Posted 22 April 2018 - 07:21 PM

Kickstarter isn't a store.  If people didn't kickstart it the game won't exist 

#23448 Olengie   Your Waifu is Kuso. Except Mine CAGiversary!   11226 Posts   Joined 6.2 Years Ago  

Posted 22 April 2018 - 07:49 PM

$80+ backers was the minimum for physical copies. 

$80 for 2 Vita games that would normally retail for 39.99 anyway. If these get listed on Amazon, you'll get a 20% discount.

The exchange rate adds up to about $73 something. The Shipping from Rice Digital will jump that to well over $80 while Kickstarter Shipping was $5 if you were in the US.

Kickstarter CE in comparision

Christmas-2017-Artworks-Digital
1 Director's Cut Patch
1 Muv-Luv Alternative CODEX (Digital)
1 Muv-Luv Alternative Vita Digital Copy
1 Muv-Luv Photonflowers and Photonmelodies PC Digital Copy
1 Muv-Luv Trilogy Collector's Box (Muv-Luv Japanese Team Printed Signatures on Mini-Shikishi) with physical PS Vita Cartridges, physical+digital Artbook, physical+digital OST and Sumika Figma [Early Backers only, $60 value])
1 Muv-Luv Trilogy Digital Bundle PC
1 Muv-Luv Vita Digital Copy

#23449 NeoMonk  

Posted 22 April 2018 - 11:23 PM

$80 for 2 Vita games that would normally retail for 39.99 anyway. If these get listed on Amazon, you'll get a 20% discount.

Which goes back to my point how backers had to pay more & I'm not even taking into account how cheaper it would be on Amazon. 

Also the CE you listed was $150 I think. 

#23450 Supplice   Hi-Fi CAGiversary!   4760 Posts   Joined 8.8 Years Ago  

Supplice

Posted 23 April 2018 - 05:57 AM

Octopath Traveler Gets New Screenshots Showing H’aanit, Therion, and More

Brave Neptunia for PS4 Gets Official Title

Monster Hunter World Prototype Footage Reveals Cut Monster Lagiacrus in Action

Wizard’s Symphony Introduces The Enigmatic Girl Astel

Kunio-kun: The World Classics Collection launches this fall in Japan, adds three “related titles”

Dragon Quest Builders 2 Screenshots Show Off Improvements From The First Game

#23451 spoderman  

Posted 23 April 2018 - 07:31 AM

Which goes back to my point how backers had to pay more & I'm not even taking into account how cheaper it would be on Amazon.
Also the CE you listed was $150 I think.

The KS CE costed more but you get way more with it. An additional vita + steam digital copy along with the figma is a much better value than that Rice CE, itll probably have a much better looking box too. I don't understand why anyone would bother with Rice for that CE unless theyre from the UK where the shipping cost isnt ridiculous.

#23452 Josef   Touched the dead CAGiversary!   11486 Posts   Joined 14.5 Years Ago  

Posted 23 April 2018 - 10:48 AM

So Is Gal Gun 2 an Amazon/VGP exclusive in North America?  I'm not seeing it listed anywhere else including Best Buy, Gamestop, and smaller places like Bullmoose.  Still debating on whether I should preorder this with 20% off at Amazon or whether it will see substanstial future discounts like the first one did.

#23453 chrislaustin   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   6523 Posts   Joined 12.7 Years Ago  

chrislaustin

Posted 23 April 2018 - 10:58 AM

So Is Gal Gun 2 an Amazon/VGP exclusive in North America?  I'm not seeing it listed anywhere else including Best Buy, Gamestop, and smaller places like Bullmoose.  Still debating on whether I should preorder this with 20% off at Amazon or whether it will see substanstial future discounts like the first one did.

I haven't looked in to this game specifically, but most PQube offerings have exclusive sets to Rice(UK), and VGP(Canada/US). Rice normally gets the bigger CE, where VGP will only get 1 extra item, but it's a bonus item, and isn't an extra cost. So the little art books, or postcards often get added to VGP offerings, where Rice gets the extra content like special box, pins, cards, art book, etc.

So if you ever want the full sets offered, Rice is the only place. I normally only want the art book, so to get that free, and from a place that actually ships from within the US, VGP is the way to go. I'd rather get less for free, than to pay more and deal with Rice and their BS!

EDIT: And as stated below, the standard games are thru Amazon in the US(mostly).

#23454 bigstew  

Posted 23 April 2018 - 12:27 PM

pqube games only are sold through amazon, since its a smaller company they can't afford to setup deals with gs or bb and amazon is easier

#23455 Pheria   Trash Tier CAGiversary!   1201 Posts   Joined 7.9 Years Ago  

Posted 23 April 2018 - 12:58 PM

pqube games only are sold through amazon, since its a smaller company they can't afford to setup deals with gs or bb and amazon is easier

Several PQube games have come to Best Buy later, but for the most part just as Bigstew is saying they're only sold through Amazon.

I do believe Best Buy had Chaos;Child at launch, though.

#23456 Josef   Touched the dead CAGiversary!   11486 Posts   Joined 14.5 Years Ago  

Posted 23 April 2018 - 05:27 PM

I haven't looked in to this game specifically, but most PQube offerings have exclusive sets to Rice(UK), and VGP(Canada/US). Rice normally gets the bigger CE, where VGP will only get 1 extra item, but it's a bonus item, and isn't an extra cost. So the little art books, or postcards often get added to VGP offerings, where Rice gets the extra content like special box, pins, cards, art book, etc.

So if you ever want the full sets offered, Rice is the only place. I normally only want the art book, so to get that free, and from a place that actually ships from within the US, VGP is the way to go. I'd rather get less for free, than to pay more and deal with Rice and their BS!

EDIT: And as stated below, the standard games are thru Amazon in the US(mostly).

Yeah Best Buy has gotten some in the past, including Chaos Child at launch.  Looks like the VGP exclusive for Gal Gun 2 is a pin set.  Probably gonna pass on that for now unless it sees deep discounts later.

#23457 chrislaustin   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   6523 Posts   Joined 12.7 Years Ago  

chrislaustin

Posted 23 April 2018 - 06:22 PM

Yeah Best Buy has gotten some in the past, including Chaos Child at launch.  Looks like the VGP exclusive for Gal Gun 2 is a pin set.  Probably gonna pass on that for now unless it sees deep discounts later.

VGP does have pretty decent sales, and they happen pretty regularly as well. So seeing GG2 at a decent price, isn't out of the realm of possibilities. I actually stopped getting games "new" from them, as all the titles I was buying, kept ending up one sale. They seem to get good qty's to, as I rarely see titles not in stock. Or they have good connections like Heavy Arm, and can get decent restocks.

#23458 NeoMonk  

Posted 23 April 2018 - 08:11 PM

:switch: Sonic Forces $23.99 via Eshop

:3ds:  Stella Glow $14.99 via Eshop

:3ds:  The Legend of Legacy $14.99 via Eshop

:3ds:  7th Dragon III Code: VFD $19.99 via Eshop

:3ds:  Hatsune Miku Project Diva DX $19.99 via Eshop

:3ds:  Sega 3D Classics Collection $14.99 via Eshop

:3ds:  Pokemon Ultra Moon - Ultra Sun $29.99 via Walmart

#23459 shadowysea07   Cjenvy I'm ready for you awd this time I'm wearing pants CAGiversary!   4296 Posts   Joined 5.3 Years Ago  

shadowysea07

Posted 23 April 2018 - 08:14 PM

Kickstarter isn't a store.  If people didn't kickstart it the game won't exist 

Even when people kickstart it the game still won't exist! So I don't see your point.

#23460 shadowysea07   Cjenvy I'm ready for you awd this time I'm wearing pants CAGiversary!   4296 Posts   Joined 5.3 Years Ago  

shadowysea07

Posted 23 April 2018 - 08:18 PM

Even at that price I wouldn't rec stella glow.  Terrible srpg.  And needing ng+ and a guide just to get the normal ending is stupid as hell.