* * * * - 24 votes

Japanese Niche Games Deals & Discussion Thread 4.0

#23491 Souffrir   Eternally Training CAG CAGiversary!   3895 Posts   Joined 5.5 Years Ago  

Posted 25 April 2018 - 07:24 AM

It's actually good.

So don't buy it, gotcha.

You couldn't help noting with every breath that thousands of other people were very close to you and nearly all of them had armpits.

#23492 Olengie   Your Waifu is Kusoge. Except Mine CAGiversary!   10908 Posts   Joined 5.9 Years Ago  

Posted 25 April 2018 - 07:43 AM

Best character

#23493 Thermopyle  

Posted 25 April 2018 - 02:50 PM

I would like to see a real Fate game instead of the terrible-looking EDF-style games they put out.

Thermopyle2.png

#23494 NeoMonk  

Posted 25 April 2018 - 03:30 PM

The upgrade to Sonic Mania Plus will cost $4.99 for those who already own Sonic Mania.

Zamasu Character Trailer DragonBall Figher Z

Spoiler

#23495 bappt   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   602 Posts   Joined 12.9 Years Ago  

Posted 25 April 2018 - 03:48 PM

That character may look like revived Arfoire from Rebirth 1 but it is not. She is called Chrome. Clearly a unique and separate character.

Also the goddesses lost their memories. 

#23496 dsman3717   Saber is Life CAGiversary!   623 Posts   Joined 5.2 Years Ago  

dsman3717

Posted 25 April 2018 - 04:17 PM

I would like to see a real Fate game instead of the terrible-looking EDF-style games they put out.

Hmm, I'm actually not sure what would count as a real Fate game.

There's been VNs (not localized), fighting games, RPGs and now action musous.

Personally, I think going back to RPGs would work quite nicely. (Just NOT the rock-paper-scissors thing from Extra...)

ilovehinata.png
Currently Playing: :switch: Xenoblade Chronicles 2, Fire Emblem Warriors   :ps4: Kiwami 2, Blue Reflection, Tokyo Xanadu eX+     :ps3: Yakuza 5, Yakuza 1&2 HD   :xb1: Forza 7, Cuphead    :360: Catherine, Tales of Vesperia  :wiiu:  Tokyo Mirage Sessions #FE, Twilight Princess HD, Xenoblade Chronicles X   :vita:  Chaos;Child, Mary Skelter    :3ds:  Metroid Samus Returns, Fire Emblem Echoes, Pokemon Sun,  Mobile/Browser games: Fate/Grand Order, Tales of Link, LLSIF, Kantai Collection 

Spoiler

#23497 BlackRockWaifu   Advocate for the Black Friday Champion Fredyyy CAGiversary!   2928 Posts   Joined 4.7 Years Ago  

BlackRockWaifu

Posted 25 April 2018 - 04:36 PM

Wow. That might be the worst character intro in a fighting game I've ever seen. I've never watched DBS, but they couldn't have an intro that didn't look like it was pulled from a cheesy 80s romance movie?

That character may look like revived Arfoire from Rebirth 1 but it is not. She is called Chrome. Clearly a unique and separate character.

Also the goddesses lost their memories. 

Yeah, looks like the baddie from Neptunia MK2. And lol, Neptune loses her memory like every 3 weeks.

Check out my new album! BRW Tries Español (Horribly)

Flips Won't Die - Suckira     Incognito - BRW Fonsi Ft. Nico Yazawa

Check out the CAG Backloggers Anonymous Group! Game of August: Final Fantasy Type-0

AWD Unboxing Video      AWD Unboxing 2: The Revenge     Nier Automata: Black Box CE Unboxing

#23498 Supplice   Hi-Fi CAGiversary!   4615 Posts   Joined 8.5 Years Ago  

Supplice

Posted 25 April 2018 - 05:22 PM

SNK Heroines: Tag Team Frenzy Goes Over Its Customization Mode

Octopath Traveler’s Lovely Box Art Features Its Eight Main Characters

Deemo version 1.2 out now with 14 free songs

Dragon Quest VR Gameplay Footage Takes Us Slime-Slaying Inside A Virtual Dragon Quest Field

God Eater 3 Gets New Screenshots Revealing New Weapon and Aragami on Famitsu

Blade Strangers launches this summer, opening movie and gameplay montage

Spoiler

Earth Defence Force 5 will be headed West this Summer

#23499 TooPoor   ∀ Game, ∃ Buy Price CAGiversary!   11509 Posts   Joined 6.5 Years Ago  

Posted 25 April 2018 - 06:26 PM

Yeah, looks like the baddie from Neptunia MK2. And lol, Neptune loses her memory like every 3 weeks.

Game requires you to lose the memory of Neptune losing her memories, so you can enjoy its originality.

Mathematically Correct.

Use factual statements, logical deductions, mathematical calculations and objective analysis; not rage.

My Trade List Currently inactive, no time to play any games _(:3」∠)_

NI_YA_SHA_BI.png

#23500 Thermopyle  

Posted 25 April 2018 - 06:32 PM

Hmm, I'm actually not sure what would count as a real Fate game.

There's been VNs (not localized), fighting games, RPGs and now action musous.

Personally, I think going back to RPGs would work quite nicely. (Just NOT the rock-paper-scissors thing from Extra...)

Yeah, poor phrasing. A real game, with some effort put into it, that uses the Fate setting. Fate/Unlimited is probably the only one I've seen that looks halfway decent, but that's pretty outdated and even for the time not particularly impressive nor does it at all seem to reflect the character abilities properly. Is there an RPG other than Fate/Grand Order (the mobile one?)

I'd welcome a good 2d fighter but honestly those are a pretty terrible way to translate a series to a video game simply because they're generally supposed to be completely balanced across the characters, which in most cases just doesn't work with the source material. Much as I liked Injustice 2, for example, having Catwoman kick Superman's ass just doesn't make sense. Or Krillin in DBZ Fighter beating down on Freiza.

A good story-driven action RPG would be ideal, to me.

Thermopyle2.png

#23501 elessar123  

Posted 25 April 2018 - 07:33 PM

Fate would fit really well as an SRPG, IMO.

Spoiler

#23502 BlackRockWaifu   Advocate for the Black Friday Champion Fredyyy CAGiversary!   2928 Posts   Joined 4.7 Years Ago  

BlackRockWaifu

Posted 26 April 2018 - 12:59 AM

In the end I couldn't resist making this... credits to someone else for the idea though.

WealthyFamousEasternglasslizard-max-1mb.

Check out my new album! BRW Tries Español (Horribly)

Flips Won't Die - Suckira     Incognito - BRW Fonsi Ft. Nico Yazawa

Check out the CAG Backloggers Anonymous Group! Game of August: Final Fantasy Type-0

AWD Unboxing Video      AWD Unboxing 2: The Revenge     Nier Automata: Black Box CE Unboxing

#23503 shadowysea07   Cjenvy I'm ready for you awd this time I'm wearing pants CAGiversary!   4225 Posts   Joined 5.1 Years Ago  

shadowysea07

Posted 26 April 2018 - 01:06 AM

Fate would fit really well as an SRPG, IMO.

I'd be down for that and the series has more than enough characters too.

Currently on the look out for a decent price on Pokemon XD Gale of Darkness.  

#23504 Nothing371   Tomorrow King - Interloper Kai CAGiversary!   6895 Posts   Joined 6.7 Years Ago  

Posted 26 April 2018 - 01:30 AM

I think we can just about close the book on God of War being hands down the best game of the year in 2018.  It's that good.  Even better if you have a decent 4K HDR setup.  I'm completely blown away.  It's a game changer on a few different  levels.  I never had anything but a passing interest in GoW until last weekend. 

You begin to suspect that your bowl is a portal to the Meat Dimension.

#23505 Killbomb   Waiting for Darkness CAGiversary!   3430 Posts   Joined 9.5 Years Ago  

Posted 26 April 2018 - 01:41 AM

I think we can just about close the book on God of War being hands down the best game of the year in 2018.  It's that good.  Even better if you have a decent 4K HDR setup.  I'm completely blown away.  It's a game changer on a few different  levels.  I never had anything but a passing interest in GoW until last weekend. 

GOTY will probably come down to God of War and Red Dead Redemption 2 for most. For me it will most likely be between God of War and Dragon Quest XI.

Killbomb.png

#23506 Nothing371   Tomorrow King - Interloper Kai CAGiversary!   6895 Posts   Joined 6.7 Years Ago  

Posted 26 April 2018 - 02:11 AM

GOTY will probably come down to God of War and Red Dead Redemption 2 for most. For me it will most likely be between God of War and Dragon Quest XI.

Yeah that's right.   So many good games this year.  Monster Hunter was exceptional, Ni no Kuni is jrpg goodness.  I'm really looking forward to RDR2 as well as that was one of my favorite games from the PS3 era.   Can't believe we have DQ11 coming too, good lord.   We are certainly in the golden era of PS4 gaming.  It doesn't get much better than this. 

Can't believe people want to talk about PS5 and stuff.  I hope it doesn't hit before 2020.  This generation is really hitting its stride now. 

#23507 NeoMonk  

Posted 26 April 2018 - 02:34 AM

The second you stop being blown away by the visuals, GOW quickly turns into Uncharted with open world style fetch quests. I like it but it's not really something we haven't seen before. 

Holding out hope Read Dead lives up to the hype. 

#23508 Olengie   Your Waifu is Kusoge. Except Mine CAGiversary!   10908 Posts   Joined 5.9 Years Ago  

Posted 26 April 2018 - 04:10 AM

Watch Red Dead be the same exact thing. But with Cowboys and the Wild Wild West. And an upgradeable horse

#23509 Supplice   Hi-Fi CAGiversary!   4615 Posts   Joined 8.5 Years Ago  

Supplice

Posted 26 April 2018 - 08:35 AM

The Legend of Heroes: Trails of Cold Steel IV Shows More Returning Characters in New Screenshots

Brave Neptunia details story, Goddesses, Histoire, and Japanese limited edition

Dynasty Warriors 9 Shipped 730,000 Copies; Koei Tecmo Predicts Growth for PS4 and Switch

Nintendo Shipped 17.79 Million Switch Units by March 31st, 2018

Nintendo’s Updated List Of Top-Sellers Adds Kirby: Star Allies To The Million Sellers’ Club

Code Vein Gets a Ton of New Screenshots Showing Special Attacks, Companion NPCs, and More

Gundam Breaker Gets New 1080p Screenshots Showing Customization, Huge Mobile Armor, and More

Shining Resonance Refrain Gets First Screenshots of Nintendo Switch Version

Icey for Switch launches in May

Zanki Zero’s New Trailer Shows Off Its Characters As Kids, Young Adults, And Elders

Spoiler

Series Creator Says SaGa: Scarlet Grace’s English Version Is In The Works

God Eater 3 Gets Tons of 1080p Screenshots Showing New and Returning Weapons and New Aragami

New Etrian Odyssey X commercial

#23510 Draekon   Kung-Fu Panda CAGiversary!   5531 Posts   Joined 12.4 Years Ago  

Posted 26 April 2018 - 11:37 AM

May PS+ Games

:ps4: Beyond: Two Souls

:ps4: Rayman Legends

:ps3: Risen 3: Titan Lords

:ps3: Eat Them!

:vita: King Oddball (Cross-Buy with :ps3: :ps4:)

:vita: Furmins

Nothing really thread related, but Risen is a german action RPG. The PS4 games are pretty decent too if you're into the genres and don't already own it.

May Amazon Prime Games:

Gone Home

Psychonauts

High Hell

I, Hope

Clustertruck

Titan Souls

This list isn't bad, but it's mostly indie games. Of course it uses the stupid twitch application to download and install them, but I don't believe you need the application to actually run the games. Psychonauts is a good platformer if you haven't played it in the thirteen or so years since it released.

#23511 Killbomb   Waiting for Darkness CAGiversary!   3430 Posts   Joined 9.5 Years Ago  

Posted 26 April 2018 - 12:38 PM

The second you stop being blown away by the visuals, GOW quickly turns into Uncharted with open world style fetch quests. I like it but it's not really something we haven't seen before. 

I guess you could say most of the side quests are technically fetch quests but I certainly didn't feel like I was laboring through them as in something like Ni No Kuni 2. God of War doesn't reinvent the wheel but it does what it does very, very well outside of the collectibles which are a pain in the ass to find.

Killbomb.png

#23512 Vigilante   The Deal Is Already Dead CAGiversary!   36503 Posts   Joined 12.8 Years Ago  

Posted 26 April 2018 - 12:51 PM

Holding out hope Read Dead lives up to the hype. 

Oh man, how could I forget about Uncharted's robust combo system? :rofl:

Seriously, though, I have yet to be bored at all after 25-30 hours and I love exploring the game's environments.

Cloud_Squall78.png
Currently Playing: :switch: Super Mario Odyssey :ps4: Owlboy  :ps3: FFXIII-3: Lightning Returns; WipEout HD [Fury DLC] :vita: Volgarr the Viking

Last Beaten/Completed Console/Portable Games: :ps3: AC: Brotherhood (4.0/5) :vita: Devious Dungeon (3.5/5)

#23513 Thermopyle  

Posted 26 April 2018 - 03:18 PM

Eh. RDR2 coming out this year is a bit iffy to me. I won't believe that until it happens.

We do still have the new Spiderman and Tomb Raider to look forward to, as well.

Thermopyle2.png

#23514 dsman3717   Saber is Life CAGiversary!   623 Posts   Joined 5.2 Years Ago  

dsman3717

Posted 26 April 2018 - 04:11 PM

I just finished God of War last night, and thought it was really good.

The ending was a bit lacking for me though. I was expecting another boss fight or something, but instead you just get a cutscene (which is fine since you accomplished what you first set out to do)

If I had to describe my experience with the game it would be:

Beginning -> Oh my god, this game is amazing.

Halfway -> This game is still pretty cool.

3/4 in: I'm kinda getting tired of these fetch quests....Atreus is starting annoy the hell out of me (Story-wise, this is temporary btw).

Finale: Ok, this game is pretty cool again. Sequel when?

I'm guessing the ending is supposed to be this way so they can set up future sequels (I think i read somewhere that the Norse mythology stuff will be a trilogy)

Anyways, despite my minor complaints it was a great game. Definitely one of my considerations for GOTY as well.

ilovehinata.png
Currently Playing: :switch: Xenoblade Chronicles 2, Fire Emblem Warriors   :ps4: Kiwami 2, Blue Reflection, Tokyo Xanadu eX+     :ps3: Yakuza 5, Yakuza 1&2 HD   :xb1: Forza 7, Cuphead    :360: Catherine, Tales of Vesperia  :wiiu:  Tokyo Mirage Sessions #FE, Twilight Princess HD, Xenoblade Chronicles X   :vita:  Chaos;Child, Mary Skelter    :3ds:  Metroid Samus Returns, Fire Emblem Echoes, Pokemon Sun,  Mobile/Browser games: Fate/Grand Order, Tales of Link, LLSIF, Kantai Collection 

Spoiler

#23515 SolidSnake86   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   1439 Posts   Joined 8.2 Years Ago  

SolidSnake86

Posted 26 April 2018 - 04:43 PM

My bet is on Spider-Man for GOTY. Everything about that game looks incredible. If they can pull off only a fraction of what those trailers show, it could be up there with the Batman/Arkham franchise.

Horizontal-Banner-copy-e1469133668735.jp

#23516 TooPoor   ∀ Game, ∃ Buy Price CAGiversary!   11509 Posts   Joined 6.5 Years Ago  

Posted 26 April 2018 - 05:02 PM

There's a 15% off Flash Sale at eBay with app + PLAN2SAVE

I used it for couple Vita imports, with 5% CB from Freedom+PP, the games I bought are actually cheaper than buying it locally (in source countries).

Mathematically Correct.

Use factual statements, logical deductions, mathematical calculations and objective analysis; not rage.

My Trade List Currently inactive, no time to play any games _(:3」∠)_

NI_YA_SHA_BI.png

#23517 BMXJouster   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   1255 Posts   Joined 10.5 Years Ago  

Posted 26 April 2018 - 05:18 PM

Saw this posted on another forum, but it looks like Newegg may have potentially outed the release date for Shenmue I & II Collection:

https://www.newegg.c...N82E16879257154

Release Date: 6/26/2018

Obviously this could possibly be a mistake on their part, but it wouldn't surprise me if this ended up being accurate.

#23518 elessar123  

Posted 26 April 2018 - 05:44 PM

Eh. RDR2 coming out this year is a bit iffy to me. I won't believe that until it happens.

We do still have the new Spiderman and Tomb Raider to look forward to, as well.

There's no way Spider-man's going to be GOTY. I'm planning on getting it, but it looks more like a step back to the God of War 1 & 2 era in terms of game play.

Spoiler

#23519 Nothing371   Tomorrow King - Interloper Kai CAGiversary!   6895 Posts   Joined 6.7 Years Ago  

Posted 26 April 2018 - 05:49 PM

Dad_of_Boy.jpg

#23520 Supplice   Hi-Fi CAGiversary!   4615 Posts   Joined 8.5 Years Ago  

Supplice

Posted 26 April 2018 - 05:53 PM

Koei Tecmo Still Has Collaboration Plans For A “Prominent Overseas IP”

Fire Emblem Warriors Ships 1 Million, Nioh Reaches 1.9 Million Worldwide Shipments

Koei Tecmo’s Attack on Titan 2 adds Expulsion Mode

Spoiler