* * * * - 24 votes

Japanese Niche Games Deals & Discussion Thread 4.0

#23491 Souffrir   Eternally Training CAG CAGiversary!   3817 Posts   Joined 5.4 Years Ago  

Posted Yesterday, 07:24 AM

It's actually good.

So don't buy it, gotcha.

You couldn't help noting with every breath that thousands of other people were very close to you and nearly all of them had armpits.

#23492 Olengie   Your Waifu is Kusoge. Except Mine CAGiversary!   10669 Posts   Joined 5.8 Years Ago  

Posted Yesterday, 07:43 AM

Best character

#23493 Thermopyle  

Posted Yesterday, 02:50 PM

I would like to see a real Fate game instead of the terrible-looking EDF-style games they put out.

Thermopyle2.png

#23494 NeoMonk  

Posted Yesterday, 03:30 PM

The upgrade to Sonic Mania Plus will cost $4.99 for those who already own Sonic Mania.

Zamasu Character Trailer DragonBall Figher Z

Spoiler

#23495 bappt   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   572 Posts   Joined 12.8 Years Ago  

Posted Yesterday, 03:48 PM

That character may look like revived Arfoire from Rebirth 1 but it is not. She is called Chrome. Clearly a unique and separate character.

Also the goddesses lost their memories. 

#23496 dsman3717   Saber is Life CAGiversary!   604 Posts   Joined 5.1 Years Ago  

dsman3717

Posted Yesterday, 04:17 PM

I would like to see a real Fate game instead of the terrible-looking EDF-style games they put out.

Hmm, I'm actually not sure what would count as a real Fate game.

There's been VNs (not localized), fighting games, RPGs and now action musous.

Personally, I think going back to RPGs would work quite nicely. (Just NOT the rock-paper-scissors thing from Extra...)

ilovehinata.png
Currently Playing: :switch: Xenoblade Chronicles 2, Fire Emblem Warriors   :ps4: Kiwami 2, Blue Reflection, Tokyo Xanadu eX+     :ps3: Yakuza 5, Yakuza 1&2 HD   :xb1: Forza 7, Cuphead    :360: Catherine, Tales of Vesperia  :wiiu:  Tokyo Mirage Sessions #FE, Twilight Princess HD, Xenoblade Chronicles X   :vita:  Chaos;Child, Mary Skelter    :3ds:  Metroid Samus Returns, Fire Emblem Echoes, Pokemon Sun,  Mobile/Browser games: Fate/Grand Order, Tales of Link, LLSIF, Kantai Collection 

Spoiler

#23497 BlackRockWaifu   Advocate for the Black Friday Champion Fredyyy CAGiversary!   2888 Posts   Joined 4.6 Years Ago  

BlackRockWaifu

Posted Yesterday, 04:36 PM

Wow. That might be the worst character intro in a fighting game I've ever seen. I've never watched DBS, but they couldn't have an intro that didn't look like it was pulled from a cheesy 80s romance movie?

That character may look like revived Arfoire from Rebirth 1 but it is not. She is called Chrome. Clearly a unique and separate character.

Also the goddesses lost their memories. 

Yeah, looks like the baddie from Neptunia MK2. And lol, Neptune loses her memory like every 3 weeks.

Check out my new album! BRW Tries Español (Horribly)

Flips Won't Die - Suckira     Incognito - BRW Fonsi Ft. Nico Yazawa

Check out the CAG Backloggers Anonymous Group! Game of August: Final Fantasy Type-0

AWD Unboxing Video      AWD Unboxing 2: The Revenge     Nier Automata: Black Box CE Unboxing

#23498 Supplice   Hi-Fi CAGiversary!   4475 Posts   Joined 8.4 Years Ago  

Supplice

Posted Yesterday, 05:22 PM

SNK Heroines: Tag Team Frenzy Goes Over Its Customization Mode

Octopath Traveler’s Lovely Box Art Features Its Eight Main Characters

Deemo version 1.2 out now with 14 free songs

Dragon Quest VR Gameplay Footage Takes Us Slime-Slaying Inside A Virtual Dragon Quest Field

God Eater 3 Gets New Screenshots Revealing New Weapon and Aragami on Famitsu

Blade Strangers launches this summer, opening movie and gameplay montage

Spoiler

Earth Defence Force 5 will be headed West this Summer

#23499 TooPoor   ∀ Game, ∃ Buy Price CAGiversary!   11455 Posts   Joined 6.4 Years Ago  

Posted Yesterday, 06:26 PM

Yeah, looks like the baddie from Neptunia MK2. And lol, Neptune loses her memory like every 3 weeks.

Game requires you to lose the memory of Neptune losing her memories, so you can enjoy its originality.

Mathematically Correct.

Use factual statements, logical deductions, mathematical calculations and objective analysis; not rage.

My Trade List Currently inactive, no time to play any games _(:3」∠)_

NI_YA_SHA_BI.png

#23500 Thermopyle  

Posted Yesterday, 06:32 PM

Hmm, I'm actually not sure what would count as a real Fate game.

There's been VNs (not localized), fighting games, RPGs and now action musous.

Personally, I think going back to RPGs would work quite nicely. (Just NOT the rock-paper-scissors thing from Extra...)

Yeah, poor phrasing. A real game, with some effort put into it, that uses the Fate setting. Fate/Unlimited is probably the only one I've seen that looks halfway decent, but that's pretty outdated and even for the time not particularly impressive nor does it at all seem to reflect the character abilities properly. Is there an RPG other than Fate/Grand Order (the mobile one?)

I'd welcome a good 2d fighter but honestly those are a pretty terrible way to translate a series to a video game simply because they're generally supposed to be completely balanced across the characters, which in most cases just doesn't work with the source material. Much as I liked Injustice 2, for example, having Catwoman kick Superman's ass just doesn't make sense. Or Krillin in DBZ Fighter beating down on Freiza.

A good story-driven action RPG would be ideal, to me.

Thermopyle2.png

#23501 elessar123  

Posted Yesterday, 07:33 PM

Fate would fit really well as an SRPG, IMO.

Spoiler

#23502 BlackRockWaifu   Advocate for the Black Friday Champion Fredyyy CAGiversary!   2888 Posts   Joined 4.6 Years Ago  

BlackRockWaifu

Posted Today, 12:59 AM

In the end I couldn't resist making this... credits to someone else for the idea though.

WealthyFamousEasternglasslizard-max-1mb.

Check out my new album! BRW Tries Español (Horribly)

Flips Won't Die - Suckira     Incognito - BRW Fonsi Ft. Nico Yazawa

Check out the CAG Backloggers Anonymous Group! Game of August: Final Fantasy Type-0

AWD Unboxing Video      AWD Unboxing 2: The Revenge     Nier Automata: Black Box CE Unboxing

#23503 shadowysea07   Cjenvy I'm ready for you awd this time I'm wearing pants CAGiversary!   4167 Posts   Joined 4.9 Years Ago  

shadowysea07

Posted Today, 01:06 AM

Fate would fit really well as an SRPG, IMO.

I'd be down for that and the series has more than enough characters too.

Currently on the look out for a decent price on Pokemon XD Gale of Darkness.