* * * * - 24 votes

Japanese Niche Games Deals & Discussion Thread 4.0

#23761 roger watersmelon   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   2536 Posts   Joined 8.1 Years Ago  

roger watersmelon

Posted 14 May 2018 - 04:27 PM

They just found an old Turok: Dinosaur Hunter script lying around that was never made and converted it over.

"Let me just cross out this section here where it says Dolph Lundgren, and write in Milla Jovovich. Great, when can we start filming?"

#23762 Draekon   Kung-Fu Panda CAGiversary!   5531 Posts   Joined 12.4 Years Ago  

Posted 14 May 2018 - 05:22 PM

Some quick Overwatch news. The Overwatch Anniversary 2018 event will go live next Tuesday, the 22nd of May. They are bringing in skins from past events, along with their arcade brawls. Looks like there are some new skins (Pirate Junkrat) as well, but not much else has been shown. I'll post that stuff next Tuesday after it goes live.

Direct Twitter Link

EDIT: Also, Overwatch Free Weekend the Friday the 25th through Monday the 28th.

#23763 Supplice   Hi-Fi CAGiversary!   4617 Posts   Joined 8.5 Years Ago  

Supplice

Posted 14 May 2018 - 05:38 PM

Persona 5 Shipped 2.2 Million Units Worldwide; VanillaWare’s 13 Sentinels Confirmed for 2018

Guilty Gear Heading To The Nintendo Switch, PlayStation 4 And PC

Little Dragons Cafe Limited Edition Includes A Dragon

Photos of the Xenoblade 2 Original Soundtrack

Unannounced DLC characters leaked for BlazBlue: Cross Tag Battle

Persona And Record of Lodoss War Artists On Dark Elves And Why Elves Have Long Ears

The Caligula Effect: Overdose’s Day 1 Update To Add Autobattle And Postgame Content

Blade Strangers – Introducing Kawase trailer

#23764 Olengie   Your Waifu is Kusoge. Except Mine CAGiversary!   10908 Posts   Joined 5.9 Years Ago  

Posted 14 May 2018 - 06:21 PM

watch this not be part of the Character Pass. And no RWBY characters. Just 4, two of which aren't even part of the base roster. 

#23765 elessar123  

Posted 14 May 2018 - 06:43 PM

Bet we get DMC another time. It'll be two Skarsgardes as Dante and Vergil.

Great, now I'm picturing Thor and Eric wincest.

Edit: No wait, I'm mixing the two families!

Spoiler

#23766 Thermopyle  

Posted 14 May 2018 - 08:30 PM

Great, now I'm picturing Thor and Eric wincest.

Edit: No wait, I'm mixing the two families!

tumblr_n09y2xRJFM1qd52doo1_250.gif

Thermopyle2.png

#23767 hedliniv   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   58 Posts   Joined 11.7 Years Ago  

hedliniv

Posted 14 May 2018 - 10:18 PM

Did the new Famicoms go on sale anywhere yet?  I see 3rd party on Amazon.jp but did Amazon already open pre-orders?  

#23768 tsoul   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   410 Posts   Joined 6.7 Years Ago  

Posted 14 May 2018 - 11:37 PM

watch this not be part of the Character Pass. And no RWBY characters. Just 4, two of which aren't even part of the base roster.

The $20 character pass will bring the roster to 40 characters. All 4 RWBY characters are going to be free. This means people who don't buy the DLC gets a roster of 22 (plus potential free 1st character pack).
Arksys sucks at advertising so i guess people still don't understand this.

#23769 NeoMonk  

Posted 15 May 2018 - 03:36 AM

Mario Tennis Aces New Switch Trailer - JP Open BETA June 1st thru June 3rd

Mario Tennis Aces - US Open BETA June 1st 6PM PDT thru June 3rd 12AM PDT

Sushi Strikers The Way of Sushido New Switch Trailer

Bitsummit 15 Min Gameplay of Bloodstained: Curse of the Moon

Taiko Drum Master Switch Edition releasing July 19th in Japan

Taiko Drum announced for Switch

Stardew Valley releasing on VITA May 22nd

#23770 JCAll   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   1874 Posts   Joined 10.5 Years Ago  

Posted 15 May 2018 - 05:09 AM

They just found an old Turok: Dinosaur Hunter script lying around that was never made and converted it over.

"Let me just cross out this section here where it says Dolph Lundgren, and write in Milla Jovovich. Great, when can we start filming?"

Why cross out Dolph Lundgren when you can get them both!

#23771 Supplice   Hi-Fi CAGiversary!   4617 Posts   Joined 8.5 Years Ago  

Supplice

Posted 15 May 2018 - 05:44 AM

Interview: What Really Went Wrong With The Silent Hill HD Collection

Mary Skelter 2 Introduces Three Side Characters Who Help From The Shadows

Beyblade Burst: Battle Zero announced for Switch

Star Fox Racing Game In the Works at Retro Studios According to New Rumors

New Dynasty Warriors 9 Trailer and Screenshots Show Third DLC Weapon in Action

Kingdom Hearts III Invitation Premiere Event’s Hands-On Impressions Coming May 18

Little Dragons Cafe Opens Shop In Japan On August 30 For PS4 And Switch

Inazuma Eleven Ares playable at World Hobby Fair Summer 2018

Persona 3 And Persona 5 Dancing Gets Its First Screenshot For DLC Character Goro Akechi

Octopath Traveler May overview trailer

Spoiler

Zone of the Enders: The 2nd Runner MARS launches September 4 in the Americas, September 6 in Europe and Japan

Spoiler

Dissidia Final Fantasy NT: Locke Cole from Final Fantasy VI Announced as New DLC Character

Nintendo Announces Details for Mario Tennis Aces Pre-Launch Online Tournament Demo

Little Witch Academia: Chamber of Time Is Now In Session With A New Trailer

Spoiler

#23772 AugustAPC   Not For Sale CAGiversary!   3446 Posts   Joined 7.7 Years Ago  

Posted 15 May 2018 - 07:57 AM

Okay, I'm having such mixed reactions right now that I'm about to split apart like Majin Buu when those fuckers shot his dog.

Part of me is like, "a Starfox racing game? Really? We haven't even gotten a proper Star Fox game yet."

Then the other part of me is like, "HOLY SHIT A STARFOX RACING GAME BY RETRO!!!"

#23773 shadowysea07   Cjenvy I'm ready for you awd this time I'm wearing pants CAGiversary!   4225 Posts   Joined 5.1 Years Ago  

shadowysea07

Posted 15 May 2018 - 12:50 PM

people sure are dumb.  Even with the two dmc characters dante and donte neither are blonde.  white/silver and black do not resemble blonde.

Currently on the look out for a decent price on Pokemon XD Gale of Darkness.  

#23774 roger watersmelon   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   2536 Posts   Joined 8.1 Years Ago  

roger watersmelon

Posted 15 May 2018 - 08:23 PM

I dunno, I just don't think either Dick Van Dyke or Steve Martin would make a good Dante.

#23775 Supplice   Hi-Fi CAGiversary!   4617 Posts   Joined 8.5 Years Ago  

Supplice

Posted 15 May 2018 - 08:46 PM

PlatinumGames Working On Several Unannounced Titles, Including A Special Action Game

Fighting EX Layer Demonstrates Its Fights With Skullomania, Shadowgeist, Sanane, And Others

Spoiler

12 minutes of Record of Grancrest War game gameplay

Spoiler

Dragon’s Crown Pro Launch Trailer Summarizes Its Activities And Classes

Spoiler

Koei Tecmo president interested in working with Mario

Sonic designer Yuji Naka really wanted to work at Nintendo

Kotaro Uchikoshi to attend Anime Expo 2018

Touhou Azure Reflections for PS4 now available in the west

Spoiler

Blade Strangers Noko trailer

Level-5 President & CEO Akihiro Hino Shares His List Of Top-5 PS4 Games

Korean shoot ’em up Shikhondo: Soul Eater coming to PS4

#23776 roger watersmelon   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   2536 Posts   Joined 8.1 Years Ago  

roger watersmelon

Posted 15 May 2018 - 08:57 PM

Koei Tecmo president interested in working with Mario

In for Bowser's Deception.

This is fun:
- Romance of the Three Mushroom Kingdoms
- Atelier Rosalina: Alchemist of the Rolling Green Galaxy
- Mighty Bob-omb Jack
- Bowser Jr. And the Band of the Hawk
- Super Mario Bros: Xtreme Beach Volleyball

#23777 Draekon   Kung-Fu Panda CAGiversary!   5531 Posts   Joined 12.4 Years Ago  

Posted 15 May 2018 - 10:27 PM

Weird, Chamber of Time is $10 cheaper on Steam than it is on PSN. Of course this is one of the few times I'm interested in buying it on PSN over Steam too.

#23778 motaku96   CAG in Training CAGiversary!   1771 Posts   Joined 5.3 Years Ago  

Posted 15 May 2018 - 11:38 PM

Weird, Chamber of Time is $10 cheaper on Steam than it is on PSN. Of course this is one of the few times I'm interested in buying it on PSN over Steam too.

Not that weird. A lot of games get priced cheaper on steam than consoles. Btw, you can get it even cheaper on Fanatical.

https://www.fanatica...chamber-of-time

Use code May 10 to bring it down to $31

#23779 Draekon   Kung-Fu Panda CAGiversary!   5531 Posts   Joined 12.4 Years Ago  

Posted 15 May 2018 - 11:45 PM

Not that weird. A lot of games get priced cheaper on steam than consoles. Btw, you can get it even cheaper on Fanatical.

https://www.fanatica...chamber-of-time

Use code May 10 to bring it down to $31

Usually the games that do release months after their console counterpart though. With simultaneous releases it's far more rare.

And yes, I'm aware of the sale price elsewhere. It doesn't do me any good if the person I'd co-op with it couldn't play it with me though. Thus why I'm disappointed the PS4 version is more expensive than the PC version.

#23780 Supplice   Hi-Fi CAGiversary!   4617 Posts   Joined 8.5 Years Ago  

Supplice

Posted 16 May 2018 - 12:54 AM

PS Vita physical game production to end March 31, 2019 in the Americas and Europe

Code of Princess EX On Switch Gets An August 2 Release Date For Japan

Hideo Kojima to Again Appear Next Month at E3 Coliseum

Otome visual novels Sangoku Rensenki and Yoshiwara Higanbana coming to Switch this fall in Japan

Okami HD Headed To Nintendo Switch In Japan On August 9

Layton’s Mystery Journey Headed To Switch In Japan On August 9, 2018

#23781 Draekon   Kung-Fu Panda CAGiversary!   5531 Posts   Joined 12.4 Years Ago  

Posted 16 May 2018 - 01:54 AM

Weekly free PSN junk:

Final Fantasy XV

PS4

- King's Knight Sticker Set

- King's Knight Tee

- Memories of King's Knight

Pub Party Sale

Forgot to do this earlier today. My mind was on other things for the most part I guess. Nothing else really interesting this week.

#23782 EdJericho   2.5D Seiyuu Fanboy CAGiversary!   778 Posts   Joined 5.0 Years Ago  

Posted 16 May 2018 - 03:08 AM

Vita means life. - Zeki "WhoKnows" Kousaka

a2JEVSf.gifT6rlETZ.gif

#23783 Olengie   Your Waifu is Kusoge. Except Mine CAGiversary!   10908 Posts   Joined 5.9 Years Ago  

Posted 16 May 2018 - 03:36 AM

Maybe Sony Asia will keep the Vita dream alive

#23784 Supplice   Hi-Fi CAGiversary!   4617 Posts   Joined 8.5 Years Ago  

Supplice

Posted 16 May 2018 - 06:51 AM

Fate/Extella Link Gilles de Rais and Lancelot short gameplay videos; story choices, new actions, gimmicks, and costumes detailed

Spoiler

Little Witch Academia: Chamber of Time Receives Charming Launch Trailer to Celebrate its Release

Spoiler

Sangoku Rensenki: Otome no Heihou!, Yoshiwara Higanbana Kuon no Chigiri coming to Switch

Super Smash Bros. for Switch Will Be Available To Try Out At Events In Japan Starting June 17

Black Clover: Quartet Knights for PS4 and PC Gets New Trailer Starring Yuno

Spoiler

Shenmue III Delayed to 2019 to Polish the Game to “the High Standards it Deserves “

#23785 hostyl1   Rejoice commoners! CAGiversary!   2723 Posts   Joined 12.5 Years Ago  

Posted 16 May 2018 - 11:16 AM

people sure are dumb.  Even with the two dmc characters dante and donte neither are blonde.  white/silver and black do not resemble blonde.

I dunno, I just don't think either Dick Van Dyke or Steve Martin would make a good Dante.

Now all I can see is Phil Donahue and Anderson Cooper in these roles.....

#23786 cloudmd23   Tojo Clan Member CAGiversary!   188 Posts   Joined 9.7 Years Ago  

Posted 16 May 2018 - 02:38 PM

Well now Switch is really going to have to step up its game if Vita carts are on their way out.

#23787 nagpo  

Posted 16 May 2018 - 02:56 PM

No physical release for LWA and Shenmue unsurprisingly delayed yet again. Great way to start the day.

Check out my Ebay profile!

For sale now:

Anime! Anime! ANIME!

#23788 shadowysea07   Cjenvy I'm ready for you awd this time I'm wearing pants CAGiversary!   4225 Posts   Joined 5.1 Years Ago  

shadowysea07

Posted 16 May 2018 - 04:46 PM

I think dick van dyke could have pulled off dante if he was the same age as he was back when his show came out.  Especially since he likes stawberry sundaes too. Now he'd only be capable of playing dantes grandfather on the mothers side probably.  Or dante if they did a reboot where he's teaching his grandson and is retired.

#23789 shadowysea07   Cjenvy I'm ready for you awd this time I'm wearing pants CAGiversary!   4225 Posts   Joined 5.1 Years Ago  

shadowysea07

Posted 16 May 2018 - 04:57 PM

In for Bowser's Deception.

This is fun:
- Romance of the Three Mushroom Kingdoms
- Atelier Rosalina: Alchemist of the Rolling Green Galaxy
- Mighty Bob-omb Jack
- Bowser Jr. And the Band of the Hawk
- Super Mario Bros: Xtreme Beach Volleyball

what no paper mario the nightmare princesses deception?

#23790 Olengie   Your Waifu is Kusoge. Except Mine CAGiversary!   10908 Posts   Joined 5.9 Years Ago  

Posted 16 May 2018 - 05:02 PM

Sony Asia and JPN will still have Vita support