* * * * - 26 votes

Japanese Niche Games Deals & Discussion Thread 4.0

#23971 Olengie   Your Waifu is Kuso. Except Mine CAGiversary!   11311 Posts   Joined 6.3 Years Ago  

Posted 25 May 2018 - 04:15 AM

Clearly Rise was best girl in Persona 4. 

#23972 Souffrir   Eternally Training CAG CAGiversary!   4062 Posts   Joined 5.9 Years Ago  

Posted 25 May 2018 - 05:19 AM

So this! Ann was there as blonde western/American waifu fodder for the Japanese players.

The girls in P5 were really awesome as a group though. That's why P4 feels so tired and played out. Those characters were lacking compared to both P3 and P5; specifically the girls, when Rise and Naoto are the most attractive ones. Kanji and those two were cool but the rest of the cast was pretty lackluster and often annoying. The girls in P5 were top notch by comparison. Makoto and Futaba rule and Haru was pretty cute too. Ann wasn't bad either for a distant fourth. Honestly I love Futaba's style and fashion. Ryuji was also the best partner when compared to annoying Yosuke and Junpei. They always set you up with that annoying hornball sidekick that the girls loathe, and start you from the very bottom of the social caste.

I'm really hoping for a P3 remake. Still think that one has two of the most attractive girls in the series.

These are just my opinions.

I haven't played enough P5 as yet to compare the casts, but P4 had a significantly better main cast and set of social links than did P3, when taken as a whole. There are a few specific exceptions, but overall the cast of P4 was just more likeable, which I'd say is the main reason P4 has a few more spin-offs than P3, despite P3 being a better game.

#23973 keyblader1985   Wait, what? CAGiversary!   2966 Posts   Joined 5.7 Years Ago  

keyblader1985

Posted 25 May 2018 - 05:47 AM

Clearly Nanako was best girl in Persona 4.

Well duh.

#23974 NeoMonk  

Posted 25 May 2018 - 06:03 AM

Well duh.

Uhh..

Spoiler

#23975 tsoul   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   425 Posts   Joined 7.0 Years Ago  

Posted 25 May 2018 - 06:33 AM

Clearly Rise was best girl in Persona 4.

I see you're a man of culture as well

#23976 Supplice   Meta CAGiversary!   4794 Posts   Joined 8.9 Years Ago  

Supplice

Posted 25 May 2018 - 10:16 AM

Warriors Orochi 4’s First Gameplay Will be Revealed on June 9th; Gets Collector’s Editions for Japan

Spoiler

Inti Creates Interview – President Talks Dragon: Marked for Death, Gal*Gun 2, and Fanservice

Monster Hunter World Gets Free Scales Pack and Updated Event Quest Schedule

Saiaku Naru Saiyaku Ningen ni Sasagu debut trailer, details, and screenshots

Spoiler

SaGa: Scarlet Grace for PS4, Switch, PC and smartphones comparison gameplay, platform differences

Spoiler

Xenoblade Developer Monolith Soft Wants To Make A “Violent, Erotic And Heavy” M-Rated Game For Nintendo

Check Out Fate/Grand Order’s Opening Video For Its Real Escape Mystery Game

Ni no Kuni 2 has sold 900K copies worldwide, entire series passes 2.8 million sold units

#23977 hostyl1   Rejoice commoners! CAGiversary!   2804 Posts   Joined 12.9 Years Ago  

Posted 25 May 2018 - 12:53 PM

Thanks for the heads up about that 20% off PSN code. I guess it's a good thing I held off on that Little Witch Academia, the 20% makes it a bit more appealing.

I read a review of LWA that didnt sound promising. Like the 'anime' parts were great but the 'gameplay' parts sucked...like almost broken sucked.

Lol, didn't know fluffy death curls alluded to Haru, since she's probably the most innocent. But yeah, her English VA is amazing, and those lines were entertaining when she gets mad, but like cutesy adorable mad.

Did you listen to any of her lines in Mementos? I'm barely a weeb, but I think her archetype best fits as a "yandere." 
med_1494287505_00032.jpg

I haven't played enough P5 as yet to compare the casts, but P4 had a significantly better main cast and set of social links than did P3, when taken as a whole. There are a few specific exceptions, but overall the cast of P4 was just more likeable, which I'd say is the main reason P4 has a few more spin-offs than P3, despite P3 being a better game.

I think that was my problem with P3 - I didnt really like the characters as a group. Individually, some of them were okay, but as a whole they didnt mesh. That has only been made more apparent by P4's and P5's teams. Heck, even the MC of P3 was kinda a dick. Still, ATLUS, give us our P3 Platinum. We've been patient long enough!

#23978 Olengie   Your Waifu is Kuso. Except Mine CAGiversary!   11311 Posts   Joined 6.3 Years Ago  

Posted 25 May 2018 - 04:47 PM

ITNYcoy.jpg

Feels good to have gotten the Hatsune Miku Future Tone DX game for $25

#23979 shadowysea07   Cjenvy I'm ready for you awd this time I'm wearing pants CAGiversary!   4321 Posts   Joined 5.4 Years Ago  

shadowysea07

Posted 25 May 2018 - 04:48 PM

p3p edges out p4 slink wise.  Larger cast and most of p4 s links derailed not like some of 3's didn't crash and burn like junpeis.  But what little they did do  of junpeis background made me appreciate him more since he has a bad home life.

Shinjis link was awesome and mitsurus is significantly improved with femc.

#23980 Zaku77   \m/ CAGiversary!   4623 Posts   Joined 8.8 Years Ago  

Posted 25 May 2018 - 05:04 PM

ITNYcoy.jpg

Are there English subs / menus?

#23981 Olengie   Your Waifu is Kuso. Except Mine CAGiversary!   11311 Posts   Joined 6.3 Years Ago  

Posted 25 May 2018 - 05:27 PM

Are there English subs / menus?

nope. But as with most rhythm games, easy to navigate with a quick menu translation guide. Plus too much happening on the screen for me to actually read the lyrics. :lol:

But biggest win is getting the entire thing for 25 on disc.

#23982 BlackRockWaifu   Advocate for the Black Friday Champion Fredyyy CAGiversary!   2952 Posts   Joined 5.0 Years Ago  

BlackRockWaifu

Posted 25 May 2018 - 05:33 PM

The girls in P5 were really awesome as a group though.  That's why P4 feels so tired and played out.   Those characters were lacking compared to both P3 and P5;  specifically the girls, when Rise and Naoto are the most attractive ones.  Kanji and those two were cool but the rest of the cast was pretty lackluster and often annoying.  The girls in P5 were top notch by comparison.  Makoto and Futaba rule and Haru was pretty cute too.  Ann wasn't bad either for a distant fourth.  Honestly I love Futaba's style and fashion.  Ryuji was also the best partner when compared to annoying Yosuke and Junpei.  They always set you up with that annoying hornball sidekick that the girls loathe, and start you from the very bottom of the social caste. 

These are just my opinions. 

I don't understand how those are just your opinions when everything you just said were literally facts. It's like you ripped that paragraph right out of my head. I couldn't agree more, since the P4 cast always irked me a little as being pretentious. The P5 teammates were definitely fantastic companions, and the synergy and dialogue were done really well. Up to the point where I wished it wasn't just the Protag and his harem, but like Ann and Ryuji could be a couple. And yeah, out of the 3 lame sidekicks, Ryuji imo was the most fleshed out and the one I could sympathize with the most.

But P3 has Aigis so that reigns supreme.  

#23983 Olengie   Your Waifu is Kuso. Except Mine CAGiversary!   11311 Posts   Joined 6.3 Years Ago  

Posted 25 May 2018 - 05:36 PM

Ryuji had the better moves. Yusuke didn't have any endgame moves like everyone else.

#23984 superxgaga   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   224 Posts   Joined 6.2 Years Ago  

superxgaga

Posted 25 May 2018 - 08:39 PM

Ryuji had the better moves. Yusuke didn't have any endgame moves like everyone else.

Hes got brave blade and vorple blade right?

#23985 roger watersmelon   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   2699 Posts   Joined 8.4 Years Ago  

roger watersmelon

Posted 25 May 2018 - 09:30 PM

He also has Spirit Gun.

Gqg1vKK.gif

#23986 shadowysea07   Cjenvy I'm ready for you awd this time I'm wearing pants CAGiversary!   4321 Posts   Joined 5.4 Years Ago  

shadowysea07

Posted 25 May 2018 - 09:56 PM

+1 for yuyuhakusho reference

#23987 Olengie   Your Waifu is Kuso. Except Mine CAGiversary!   11311 Posts   Joined 6.3 Years Ago  

Posted 26 May 2018 - 12:18 AM

Hes got brave blade and vorple blade right?

Speaking more about his Persona's Ice Moves.

I eventually dropped him since one of my Persona's already had Vorpal/Brave. Especially when I finally got Yoshitsune. In the end, team comp became Ann, Ryuji, and Makoto/Haru.

I never used Morgana, just using him as a spare healing bank. LOL

#23988 Covnam   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   1214 Posts   Joined 13.7 Years Ago  

Posted 26 May 2018 - 02:45 AM

Got my P3/P4/P5 Famitsu DX Crystal triple pack today. It's very nice =D I didn't notice that the posters were going to be lenticular 3D and they look really good. It was a nice surprise :D

With the Xenoblade 2 OST yesterday and the Zelda BotW OST a few weeks ago, I've been seeing a lot of (probably too much of) the DHL guy lol

#23989 superxgaga   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   224 Posts   Joined 6.2 Years Ago  

superxgaga

Posted 26 May 2018 - 03:31 AM

He also has Spirit Gun.

Gqg1vKK.gif

Lmao, although yusuke from p5 is more like kuwabara, a bruiser with a sword.

#23990 superxgaga   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   224 Posts   Joined 6.2 Years Ago  

superxgaga

Posted 26 May 2018 - 03:35 AM

Speaking more about his Persona's Ice Moves.

I eventually dropped him since one of my Persona's already had Vorpal/Brave. Especially when I finally got Yoshitsune. In the end, team comp became Ann, Ryuji, and Makoto/Haru.

I never used Morgana, just using him as a spare healing bank. LOL

Yea hes kinda like chie, really weak magic. I never used him much. Harem team too stronk.

#23991 Kaiser499   Gaming Guru CAGiversary!   3902 Posts   Joined 9.4 Years Ago  

Posted 26 May 2018 - 04:38 AM

This is all I have to say about Persona 5.

ann_form_persona5_by_ninjart1st-dbgt8uc.

#23992 ar4757   Makoto x Joker is canon CAGiversary!   875 Posts   Joined 4.3 Years Ago  

Posted 26 May 2018 - 04:42 AM

ITNYcoy.jpg

How’d you get it so cheap?!

#23993 Supplice   Meta CAGiversary!   4794 Posts   Joined 8.9 Years Ago  

Supplice

Posted 26 May 2018 - 08:36 AM

Sony Gives More Details on Boosting its First-Party Game Development Pipeline

Resident Evil 2 Remake Rumored to Use RE7 Engine, Aiming for Native 4K/60fps on PS4 Pro

Labyrinth of Refrain for PS4, Switch, and PC Gets New Trailer

Spoiler

Mega Man 11 has a new Double Gear system, listed for October 3 release

Mega Man X Gets A Special Armor To Use In Mega Man X Legacy Collection’s X Challenges

Capcom on how Mega Man X Legacy Collection 1+2 came to be, new features, more

Blade Strangers Solange trailer

Fate at MegaHobby Expo

#23994 nagpo  

Posted 26 May 2018 - 03:23 PM

Gonna need a locoroco 3 on this one

#23995 Olengie   Your Waifu is Kuso. Except Mine CAGiversary!   11311 Posts   Joined 6.3 Years Ago  

Posted 26 May 2018 - 04:30 PM

How’d you get it so cheap?!

Ebay auction at 3am. lol

#23996 shadowysea07   Cjenvy I'm ready for you awd this time I'm wearing pants CAGiversary!   4321 Posts   Joined 5.4 Years Ago  

shadowysea07

Posted 26 May 2018 - 09:21 PM

Yea hes kinda like chie, really weak magic. I never used him much. Harem team too stronk.

To be fair they fixed chie in golden so she can get better spells but yeah original chie was hot garbage.

I still used kanji over her though because of higher damage when an enemy is knocked over.  But I did put them both in the party occasionally for bosses.  yosuke yukiko yu naoto was otherwise my regular mob party in both version.

#23997 Olengie   Your Waifu is Kuso. Except Mine CAGiversary!   11311 Posts   Joined 6.3 Years Ago  

Posted 26 May 2018 - 09:30 PM

The only party member you need is Yoshitsune.

#23998 superxgaga   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   224 Posts   Joined 6.2 Years Ago  

superxgaga

Posted 26 May 2018 - 09:58 PM

The only party member you need is Yoshitsune.

Which u cant even get till morgana rank 10 in december?

#23999 motaku96   CAG in Training CAGiversary!   1813 Posts   Joined 5.6 Years Ago  

Posted 26 May 2018 - 10:20 PM

Bullet Girls Phantasia Limited edition preorder is up at Play-asia for $110 for PS4 or Vita.

I still wanna see some gameplay and how it performs on vita before I commit, but I'm probably gonna get the LE since I like Silvia's design and the mousepad looks nice.

Spoiler

#24000 Olengie   Your Waifu is Kuso. Except Mine CAGiversary!   11311 Posts   Joined 6.3 Years Ago  

Posted 27 May 2018 - 05:29 AM

Started up Yakuza 0