* * * * - 24 votes

Japanese Niche Games Deals & Discussion Thread 4.0

#24421 shadowassailantx   Trophy Hunter CAGiversary!   67 Posts   Joined 8.2 Years Ago  

shadowassailantx

Posted 12 June 2018 - 06:43 PM

Properties like Gungrave are always weird to me.   I watched all of Gungrave several years ago, and have watched enough anime over the years, but I also haven't seen MOST anime.  It's weird to me when they turn these minor shows that 99% of people haven't seen into video games.  Seeing the show would never make me want to play a video game about it either; the second half of the series was atrocious, after a solid first half pre-story.  I guess it's only VR though. so you might as well attach a little brand name recognition to it.

Gungrave is actually a show based on a video game. The second half of the TV series is an adaptation of the the part of the story you play through, which is probably why you felt it sucked.

{}[]{}

#24422 Souffrir   Eternally Training CAG CAGiversary!   3895 Posts   Joined 5.5 Years Ago  

Posted 12 June 2018 - 07:19 PM

Soucalibur VI launches October 19

Spoiler

And STILL no Tira confirmation? Gonna pass so damn hard on this if she doesn't show up.

Dead Or Alive 6’s Website Reveals Character Details And Stage Names

Ayane isn't in the initial wave of character reveals.

Get the Fuck out of my house, Tecmo Koei.

You couldn't help noting with every breath that thousands of other people were very close to you and nearly all of them had armpits.

#24423 Commodore Wheeler   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   1201 Posts   Joined 5.8 Years Ago  

Commodore Wheeler

Posted 12 June 2018 - 07:35 PM

Gungrave is actually a show based on a video game. The second half of the TV series is an adaptation of the the part of the story you play through, which is probably why you felt it sucked.

Yeah I'm pretty sure I bought Gungrave on PS2 like 15 years ago.

#24424 Supplice   Hi-Fi CAGiversary!   4617 Posts   Joined 8.5 Years Ago  

Supplice

Posted 12 June 2018 - 08:05 PM

Ghost of Tsushima Will Have Character Progression; Info on UI, Gameplay, and More Revealed

Nintendo Says Super Smash Bros. Ultimate is “a New Game” in Series, Not a Port; Bandai Namco and Sora Ltd are Co-Developers

Fate/Grand Order VR feat. Mash Kyrielight Gets An English Dub Trailer

Spoiler

Super Smash Bros. Ultimate Character Trailers #1-20 Released

Super Smash Bros. Ultimate Character Trailers #21-40

Little Dragons Cafe launches August 28 in the west

Nintendo Explains Why Metroid Prime 4 Wasn’t Shown At E3 2018

Smash Bros. Ultimate runs at full HD, 60 FPS in both docked and portable modes

Splatoon 2 DLC ‘Octo Expansion’ launches June 13 in North America, June 14 in Europe and Japan

#24425 shadowysea07   Cjenvy I'm ready for you awd this time I'm wearing pants CAGiversary!   4227 Posts   Joined 5.1 Years Ago  

shadowysea07

Posted 12 June 2018 - 08:41 PM

Heeeeeeeeeeeeyyy some decent surprises this E3. Though everyone was expecting a Vesperia remaster, I'm happy it's going to be for PC and all. And that makes the Switch's first Tales game right? I wonder if Hearts R is going to get ported over along with Tales of Innocence - a game we never got here in the US (if I'm not mistaken there are three games that are interconnected sorta that were for the DS and got redone for Vita?). 

Innocence tempest and hearts released on the ds originally and were all considered mothership titles (despite being outsourced for the first 2)

hearts was one of the last tales of game made by tales studio iirc as they closed it and absorbed some of the staff back into bamco.

They were intending to remake all 3 of them and connect them via the triverse gate dungeon which characters in each world who were new party members are from and are stealing tech and shit from each of the worlds.  Gallando from hearts r and QQ from innocence are 2 of them.  They cancelled tempest r though because lol vita.  There just wern't enough fans of the series that owned a vita in japan.  The games bombed super super bad there and had worst sales for any game in the series.  Even na average sales numbers are better than what the games sold in japan.  Sadly they never confirmed hearts r's sales numbers for na as it would have been nice to hear how well it did.  

If bamco had any sense they would have ported the games to ps3, pc and ps4 or 3ds considering they would have sold significantly higher if they had.  At the very least they could have sold 200k in japan alone.

Also new fire emblem yes.

Day 1 CE for Fire Emblem. Just hope that Three Houses doesnt mean 3 releases

Also hoping we get another 3DS Echoes game

Yeah I hope they don't do that pokemon shit ever again.

I certainly would love another echoes game considering how we are missing like almost half the games in the series.

I don't think they would do a triple release though unless they intend to repeat fates plot and have some royal under king swordwhip be the one you play as for that side.

I would have assumed it was another blazing blade/radiant dawn and will have 3 lord protagonists each with their own sections.

Currently on the look out for a decent price on Pokemon XD Gale of Darkness.  

#24426 shadowysea07   Cjenvy I'm ready for you awd this time I'm wearing pants CAGiversary!   4227 Posts   Joined 5.1 Years Ago  

shadowysea07

Posted 12 June 2018 - 08:46 PM

One thing has aroused my suspicions and is causing concern: the title Fire Emblem: Three Houses.  There had better not be three versions of this game....   I'm going to be very displeased if they start treating this series like Pokemon, and the previous Fire Emblem Fates. I really don't like that Nintendo way of monetizing their games; just skin it differently and change a few things. Let's hope that our suspicions are incorrect.

I'm assuming that this is the Switch main line Fire Emblem game that was suppose to come out in 2018, but now it got delayed to 2019. 

yeah lets hope you are right.  If they do the pokemon shit again like fates at least I can just pick the 1 good entry to play and ignore the other 2 again.

#24427 nagpo  

Posted 12 June 2018 - 09:08 PM

"Not a definitive edition" but an ultimate one.

Check out my Ebay profile!

For sale now:

Anime! Anime! ANIME!

#24428 Supplice   Hi-Fi CAGiversary!   4617 Posts   Joined 8.5 Years Ago  

Supplice

Posted 12 June 2018 - 10:10 PM

Fist of the North Star: Lost Paradise Looks Awesome in First English Gameplay

Spoiler

Off-screen Team Sonic Racing footage

Spoiler

Photos of Nintendo’s E3 2018 booth, complete with Smash Bros. props

Resident Evil 2 Remake Gameplay Walkthrough Part 1 (E3 2018) - Developer Demo

Spoiler

New Jump Force Gameplay Pitches Zoro Versus Sasuke Uchiha in Explosive Battle

Spoiler

Death Stranding — Hideo Kojima Aiming for the Opposite of Super Mario’s Feeling of Freedom

Persona 5: Dancing in Starlight and 3 Dancing in Moonlight Shine in First PS4 Gameplay in English

Spoiler

NiOh 2 Will Let You Create Your Character; Koei Tecmo Will Release a Free Demo Again

Daemon X Machina details – destructible environments, full retail game, multiplayer news to follow

Record of Grancrest War game opening movie, ‘Tactical Instruction’ videos

Blade Strangers launches August 30 in Japan

Zanki Zero: Last Beginning ‘Garage’ gameplay

Tetsuya Nomura on Kingdom Hearts III delay, Final Fantasy characters, Remy from Ratatouille, more

#24429 Olengie   Your Waifu is Kusoge. Except Mine CAGiversary!   10910 Posts   Joined 5.9 Years Ago  

Posted 13 June 2018 - 01:19 AM

I would like Blazing/Binding Blade to get the Echoes Treatment if they don't do an Echoes Treatment to one of the unlocalized Fire Emblem games.

#24430 AugustAPC   Not For Sale CAGiversary!   3446 Posts   Joined 7.7 Years Ago  

Posted 13 June 2018 - 03:44 AM

You guys remember that leak for the Star Fox racing game? I was actually super hype for that :(

Would have been so cool.

#24431 NeoMonk  

Posted 13 June 2018 - 05:02 AM

Fire Emblem is looking soooo good!

Smash is ight'  :-

#24432 elessar123  

Posted 13 June 2018 - 05:21 AM

I know there's a pick-up thread, but I wanted to show this off.

Got the Fate Extella Link with the mahjong set. It's pretty big. And heavy (almost 6.5 lbs).

Spoiler

Spoiler

#24433 chrislaustin   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   6219 Posts   Joined 12.5 Years Ago  

chrislaustin

Posted 13 June 2018 - 09:53 AM

You guys remember that leak for the Star Fox racing game? I was actually super hype for that :(

Would have been so cool.

It was actually my "most wanted" title for this years E3, but I figured it was to good to be true. As anything Star Fox is doomed to be a low priority project to anyone at "N", sadly :wall:

"Listen y'all, if Chris of all people isn't complaining, then you know it's a non-issue." -tonyxvx

#24434 Supplice   Hi-Fi CAGiversary!   4617 Posts   Joined 8.5 Years Ago  

Supplice

Posted 13 June 2018 - 12:47 PM

Dead or Alive 6 Won’t Feature the New Girls from Dead or Alive Xtreme: Venus Vacation

Ghost of Tsushima Art Director Talks About Open World, Colors, Protagonist, and More

FromSoftware’s Sekiro: Shadows Die Twice Gets Info on Gameplay, Stealth, Storytelling and More

Legendary Alchemists: Atelier of a New Land details

Team Sonic Racing Takes Us Through A Race In Off-Screen Footage At E3 2018

Spoiler

A 2018 Kingdom Hearts III Release Wouldn’t Have Been Good Timing, According To Director

IGN: E3 2018: Resident Evil 2 Returns to it's Horror Roots in the Best Ways

IGN: Ghost of Tsushima Is a Gorgeous, Brutal Look at Ancient Japan

#24435 itzd4n   Dank Lean CAGiversary!   702 Posts   Joined 7.9 Years Ago  

Posted 13 June 2018 - 03:33 PM

Got the Fate Extella Link with the mahjong set. It's pretty big. And heavy (almost 6.5 lbs).

Spoiler

How much did it wind up costing?  I completely forgot to preorder it.  The MJ set looks legit as hell and I would pick up for that alone.

qnwz8j.jpg

:ps4: Prey/Dragon's Dogma   ::   :vita: Monster Monpiece/Muramasa ::   :3ds: n/a

#24436 dsman3717   Saber is Life CAGiversary!   624 Posts   Joined 5.2 Years Ago  

dsman3717

Posted 13 June 2018 - 03:52 PM

Spoiler

Nice! That Extella Link CE is so damn tempting.....but I have no idea how to play mahjong, and I don't think I'd ever play it with anyone so that set would probably sit in storage somewhere... :(

Also, the Resident Evil 2 Remake looks SO DAMN GOOD! That game is probably my most hyped title from E3, I remember playing through the original 2 so many times.

ilovehinata.png
Currently Playing: :switch: Xenoblade Chronicles 2, Fire Emblem Warriors   :ps4: Kiwami 2, Blue Reflection, Tokyo Xanadu eX+     :ps3: Yakuza 5, Yakuza 1&2 HD   :xb1: Forza 7, Cuphead    :360: Catherine, Tales of Vesperia  :wiiu:  Tokyo Mirage Sessions #FE, Twilight Princess HD, Xenoblade Chronicles X   :vita:  Chaos;Child, Mary Skelter    :3ds:  Metroid Samus Returns, Fire Emblem Echoes, Pokemon Sun,  Mobile/Browser games: Fate/Grand Order, Tales of Link, LLSIF, Kantai Collection 

Spoiler

#24437 chrislaustin   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   6219 Posts   Joined 12.5 Years Ago  

chrislaustin

Posted 13 June 2018 - 03:55 PM

Also, the Resident Evil 2 Remake looks SO DAMN GOOD! That game is probably my most hyped title from E3, I remember playing through the original 2 so many times.

Yeah, RE2 was probably my favorite until RE4 came along, and this remake looks damn cool. I'll for sure get it at some point down the road.

"Listen y'all, if Chris of all people isn't complaining, then you know it's a non-issue." -tonyxvx

#24438 Supplice   Hi-Fi CAGiversary!   4617 Posts   Joined 8.5 Years Ago  

Supplice

Posted 13 June 2018 - 04:05 PM

Same. It's what really got me into knife only speedruns for the series. I'm really hoping the 4th Survivor, Tofu Survivor, and Extreme Battle modes will be in.  :pray:

#24439 Vigilante   The Deal Is Already Dead CAGiversary!   36504 Posts   Joined 12.8 Years Ago  

Posted 13 June 2018 - 04:14 PM

Same. It's what really got me into knife only speedruns for the series. I'm really hoping the 4th Survivor, Tofu Survivor, and Extreme Battle modes will be in.  :pray:

Good news: http://www.trustedre...-evil-2-3485594

Cloud_Squall78.png
Currently Playing: :switch: Super Mario Odyssey :ps4: Owlboy  :ps3: FFXIII-3: Lightning Returns; WipEout HD [Fury DLC] :vita: Volgarr the Viking

Last Beaten/Completed Console/Portable Games: :ps3: AC: Brotherhood (4.0/5) :vita: Devious Dungeon (3.5/5)

#24440 shadowysea07   Cjenvy I'm ready for you awd this time I'm wearing pants CAGiversary!   4227 Posts   Joined 5.1 Years Ago  

shadowysea07

Posted 13 June 2018 - 04:55 PM

I would like Blazing/Binding Blade to get the Echoes Treatment if they don't do an Echoes Treatment to one of the unlocalized Fire Emblem games.

6 wasn't localized.  It was fantranslated though which is how I imagine all of us here played it.  I definitely agree that game would greatly benefit from a remake.   I dunno about 7 though.  It was pretty good as is.

#24441 elessar123  

Posted 13 June 2018 - 05:04 PM

How much did it wind up costing?  I completely forgot to preorder it.  The MJ set looks legit as hell and I would pick up for that alone.

It was 13580 + 3120 JPY, so ~$151 shipped. Amiami (and Amazon.co.jp) still has it in stock, and the Vita version is about $20 cheaper. Amiami offering DHL shipping saved my butt, cause SAL Parcel was 5900.

Nice! That Extella Link CE is so damn tempting.....but I have no idea how to play mahjong, and I don't think I'd ever play it with anyone so that set would probably sit in storage somewhere... :(

To be fair, Chinese and Taiwanese mahjong are much easier to learn. Riichi is much, much more complicated. I have a Chinese set, but I typically avoid physical Riichi because I have never not messed up the scoring.

Spoiler

#24442 Supplice   Hi-Fi CAGiversary!   4617 Posts   Joined 8.5 Years Ago  

Supplice

Posted 13 June 2018 - 05:19 PM

Disgaea 1 Complete launches October 9 in North America, October 12 in Europe

Spoiler

Nelke and the Legendary Alchemists for PS4, Switch, and Vita; First Screenshots on Famitsu

Valneer of the Dragon Star; Screenshots Show Waifus and Dragons on Famitsu

Senran Kagura Reflexions adds new DLC character Yomi

Shulk and Fiora are playable in Xenoblade Chronicles 2’s Challenge Mode DLC

#24443 superxgaga   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   199 Posts   Joined 5.9 Years Ago  

superxgaga

Posted 13 June 2018 - 05:40 PM

6 wasn't localized. It was fantranslated though which is how I imagine all of us here played it. I definitely agree that game would greatly benefit from a remake. I dunno about 7 though. It was pretty good as is.

Totally agree on Fe6 remake, the game needs polish on many aspects such as Roy being shitty lord+ super late promo, rogue promo, divine weapons and true ending requirements. Also alot of characters are just poorly written.

#24444 shadowysea07   Cjenvy I'm ready for you awd this time I'm wearing pants CAGiversary!   4227 Posts   Joined 5.1 Years Ago  

shadowysea07

Posted 13 June 2018 - 06:59 PM

eh most lords are garbage so this is nothing new.  Worst things had to be recruiting the archer lord while protecting the green units and villagers the one map.  The recruitment of percival being the most hair pulling nightmare.  If you didn't have to use a dancer to do it then it might not have been as horrible.  And yeah Fuck whoever came up with the true ending bs.

#24445 Olengie   Your Waifu is Kusoge. Except Mine CAGiversary!   10910 Posts   Joined 5.9 Years Ago  

Posted 13 June 2018 - 07:13 PM

Lyndis is best Lord.

#24446 dsman3717   Saber is Life CAGiversary!   624 Posts   Joined 5.2 Years Ago  

dsman3717

Posted 13 June 2018 - 07:49 PM

I just want to solo the game with Hector.

ilovehinata.png
Currently Playing: :switch: Xenoblade Chronicles 2, Fire Emblem Warriors   :ps4: Kiwami 2, Blue Reflection, Tokyo Xanadu eX+     :ps3: Yakuza 5, Yakuza 1&2 HD   :xb1: Forza 7, Cuphead    :360: Catherine, Tales of Vesperia  :wiiu:  Tokyo Mirage Sessions #FE, Twilight Princess HD, Xenoblade Chronicles X   :vita:  Chaos;Child, Mary Skelter    :3ds:  Metroid Samus Returns, Fire Emblem Echoes, Pokemon Sun,  Mobile/Browser games: Fate/Grand Order, Tales of Link, LLSIF, Kantai Collection 

Spoiler

#24447 tsoul   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   410 Posts   Joined 6.7 Years Ago  

Posted 13 June 2018 - 08:14 PM

And STILL no Tira confirmation? Gonna pass so damn hard on this if she doesn't show up.

Guess you won't be buying the game. Tira appears too late in the SC timeline to be included in the reboot of SC6.
The reason Zasalamel is in the roster is due to his ressurection powers, which can place him in past events prior to SC3 while keeping his familiar appearance.

#24448 Supplice   Hi-Fi CAGiversary!   4617 Posts   Joined 8.5 Years Ago  

Supplice

Posted 13 June 2018 - 08:23 PM

Ace Combat 7 Gets New Screenshots and Details on Famitsu After Eight Months

Ace Combat 7’s Release Date Will Be Announced Soon

Record of Grancrest War English PS4 trophies surface

Spoiler

#24449 Nothing371   Tomorrow King - Interloper Kai CAGiversary!   6897 Posts   Joined 6.7 Years Ago  

Posted 13 June 2018 - 08:39 PM

Biggest bummer of E3:  No Itadaki (Fortune) Street localization announcement.   /cryface

You begin to suspect that your bowl is a portal to the Meat Dimension.

#24450 superxgaga   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   199 Posts   Joined 5.9 Years Ago  

superxgaga

Posted 13 June 2018 - 09:13 PM

eh most lords are garbage so this is nothing new. Worst things had to be recruiting the archer lord while protecting the green units and villagers the one map. The recruitment of percival being the most hair pulling nightmare. If you didn't have to use a dancer to do it then it might not have been as horrible. And yeah Fuck whoever came up with the true ending bs.

Roy is locked as 5 move sword user with 6 con, not many lords are treated this badly, and there are games like Ike emblem or sigurd emblem out there.