* * * * - 24 votes

Japanese Niche Games Deals & Discussion Thread 4.0

#25351 lilman   Only the ordinary. CAGiversary!   3756 Posts   Joined 8.6 Years Ago  

Posted 12 August 2018 - 09:57 PM

Cyberdimension Neptunia: 4 Goddesses Online is back in stock at Best Buy for $19.99 / $15.99 GCU. Thought I'd missed it since it was on clearance before it went OOS.

Lucky. I've refreshed that page so many times since the clearance started...

#25352 dnl2ba   Inadvertent collector CAGiversary!   379 Posts   Joined 4.2 Years Ago  

Posted 12 August 2018 - 10:01 PM

Lucky. I've refreshed that page so many times since the clearance started...

Ha, I was doing the same thing. I miss camelbuy.com.

#25353 Josef   Touched the dead CAGiversary!   11374 Posts   Joined 14.4 Years Ago  

Posted Yesterday, 01:18 AM

Ummm has anyone else noticed that on Amazon maybe for some newly created pre-order games such as Punch Line (was going to pre-order this), Girl Metal, newest Atelier game, Death end Re:Quest, Zanki Zero, Liar Princess, Princess Guide, Penguin Wars, P5 and P3 dancing games, maybe others.....but I don't see any 20% off pre-order price for any of those. 

It may be speculation of course, but it maybe the beginning of the end for the pre-order discount. These games don't fall under the remaster rule or whatever for that, so it may be sneaking off of newer listings and well that's it for it. 

Yeah, I've noticed this as well.  Basically every new title that I have been interested in hasn't had the 20% preorder offer applied yet.  Dead Cells, which comes out in 9 days doesn't have it and has been orderable for months.  I've got that preordered from BB so it doesn't bother me too much.  Moonlighter though is not available at BB yet, and still doesn't have the 20% off yet from Amazon.  Many other titles as well.

It seems like they are phasing it out - and trying to do it quietly.

#25354 roger watersmelon   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   2624 Posts   Joined 8.2 Years Ago  

roger watersmelon

Posted Yesterday, 01:55 AM

Yeah, I see that the VC4 special edition I ordered right away is still showing $99 on Amazon. I was hoping it would sneak in with the 20% off, but I guess it won't.

My Fallout 76 has the discount though :roll:

#25355 lutz   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   1202 Posts   Joined 12.8 Years Ago  

Posted Yesterday, 05:07 PM

Bestbuy has VC4 SE, so if you have GCU, you can get 20% off there.

Since Amazon doesn't have any discounts or bonuses though, might as well grab it from Gamestop which includes a hat (also less shipping damage risk).

#25356 Earendil_aod   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   121 Posts   Joined 13.1 Years Ago  

Earendil_aod

Posted Today, 01:43 AM

Yeah, I've noticed this as well. Basically every new title that I have been interested in hasn't had the 20% preorder offer applied yet. Dead Cells, which comes out in 9 days doesn't have it and has been orderable for months. I've got that preordered from BB so it doesn't bother me too much. Moonlighter though is not available at BB yet, and still doesn't have the 20% off yet from Amazon. Many other titles as well.

It seems like they are phasing it out - and trying to do it quietly.

Just posted a topic to this effect. I just got an official reply from Marketing and Promotions saying only select ASIN will be eligible from here on out 😕

#25357 roger watersmelon   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   2624 Posts   Joined 8.2 Years Ago  

roger watersmelon

Posted Today, 01:53 AM

Just posted a topic to this effect. I just got an official reply from Marketing and Promotions saying only select ASIN will be eligible from here on out 😕

d24.gif

#25358 Supplice   Hi-Fi CAGiversary!   4696 Posts   Joined 8.7 Years Ago  

Supplice

Posted Today, 10:13 AM

Microsoft and Nintendo Rejected Yakuza, Now They Want it According to Toshihiro Nagoshi

Devil May Cry 5 To Make Its World First Playable Debut With A Gamescom 2018 Demo

Metal Max Xeno Introduces Its Immortal Soldier Maria

Spoiler

Nintendo Sells 300 Million Consoles, Total Hardware Sales Including Handhelds 700 Million+

Total War: Three Kingdoms Campaign Map Revealed in This Trailer

Spoiler

Famitsu Wants To Hear From English-Speaking Fans About Octopath Traveler In A New Survey

Atelier Series’ New Vocal Collection Album “Akkord” Releases September 26

Monster Hunter: World becomes fastest selling Third Party Japanese title of this Generation

Monster Hunter World removed from WeGame after numerous complaints, drops to Mixed reviews on Steam

#25359 EdJericho   2.5D Seiyuu Fanboy CAGiversary!   788 Posts   Joined 5.2 Years Ago  

Posted Today, 03:19 PM

Walmart and Amazon have had a few Zelda and Mario Nintendo Switch games on sale since last night and now Best Buy finally joined in giving a cheaper price thanks to GCU.

Zelda Breath of the Wild - $44.99 / 35.99 GCU

Mario Odyssey - $44.99 / 35.99 GCU

Mario Kart 8 Deluxe - $44.99 / 35.99 GCU

Mario Tennis Aces - $44.99 / 35.99 GCU

#25360 nitrosmob   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   8728 Posts   Joined 12.0 Years Ago  

Posted Today, 03:30 PM

It's kind of sad I may get Mario/Zelda though I don't plan to get a Switch until SMT or a really good bundle is out....or a redesign haha. Reminds me of when I had a Neptunia LE and some other RPG before I ever owned a PS3.

#25361 Draekon   Kung-Fu Panda CAGiversary!   5592 Posts   Joined 12.6 Years Ago  

Posted Today, 05:37 PM

Weekly free PSN junk:

BlazBlue: Cross Tag Battle

PS4

- Demo (Alt Link)

Shining Resonance Refrain

PS4

- Theme & Avatar Set (PS+ Exclusive)

Ni no Kuni II

PS4

- Adventure Pack

London Detective Mysteria

PS4

- Page w/ all 10 Avatars for convenience

August PS+ Games

Forgot to post the PS+ games last week, so I'm doing it this week. This weeks sale is just an Ubisoft publisher sale, so I'm not linking it.

#25362 Zaku77   \m/ CAGiversary!   4550 Posts   Joined 8.6 Years Ago  

Posted Today, 06:28 PM

Does anyone know if the PS4 version of SNK Heroines is exclusive to the CE? I see the Switch standard edition up for pre-order, but I can't find the PS4 one anywhere, and the game releases in less than a month. 

#25363 Vigilante   The Deal Is Already Dead CAGiversary!   36572 Posts   Joined 12.9 Years Ago  

Posted Today, 06:46 PM

Does anyone know if the PS4 version of SNK Heroines is exclusive to the CE? I see the Switch standard edition up for pre-order, but I can't find the PS4 one anywhere, and the game releases in less than a month. 

Yes, the physical PS4 version is exclusive to NISA's CE. The digital version should be available on PSN.

#25364 Zaku77   \m/ CAGiversary!   4550 Posts   Joined 8.6 Years Ago  

Posted Today, 06:47 PM

Yes, the physical PS4 version is exclusive to NISA's CE. The digital version should be available on PSN.

Well, that really sucks. I don't want to spend that much money on it. Haha