* * * * - 26 votes

Japanese Niche Games Deals & Discussion Thread 4.0

#26281 Supplice   Meta CAGiversary!   4843 Posts   Joined 8.9 Years Ago  

Supplice

Posted 16 October 2018 - 09:28 AM

Yakuza 6: The Song of Life Sold as much Overseas as It Did in Japan for a Franchise First

Fate/Extella Link On Switch Shows Off Nero, Tamamo, And Altera’s Funi-Funi Costumes

BlazBlue: Central Fiction Special Edition For Switch Releases In Japan On February 7, 2019

CyberConnect2 Is Hosting A Fan Contest For Vengeance-Themed Storyboards

The Legend Of Heroes: Trails Of Cold Steel I And II PlayStation 4 Port Has Cross-Save Support

Sakuna: Of Rice and Ruin ‘Hagoromo’ gameplay

Dragon Quest Builders 2’s Next Island Is A Desert Biome With Plenty Of Hidden Secrets

#26282 hostyl1   Rejoice commoners! CAGiversary!   2821 Posts   Joined 13.0 Years Ago  

Posted 16 October 2018 - 12:15 PM

Mortal Kombat. I've always wanted to get freaky with Mileena.

Careful, I hear she's a (...wait for it...) 

Spoiler

#26283 shadowysea07   Cjenvy I'm ready for you awd this time I'm wearing pants CAGiversary!   4347 Posts   Joined 5.5 Years Ago  

shadowysea07

Posted 16 October 2018 - 01:41 PM

cross save support with what?  the ps3 and vita versions? Yep seems they are.  I'm surprised that can work.  Nice if I decide to replay it since i could do ng+ then.

#26284 Soma_Cruz   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   1509 Posts   Joined 9.9 Years Ago  

Soma_Cruz

Posted 16 October 2018 - 02:16 PM

I didn't even consider cross save and sold off my PS3 copies. Oh well, I think I'd rather play them again fresh anyway.

#26285 Zaku77   \m/ CAGiversary!   4647 Posts   Joined 8.9 Years Ago  

Posted 16 October 2018 - 02:25 PM

I didn't even consider cross save and sold off my PS3 copies. Oh well, I think I'd rather play them again fresh anyway.

Thankfully those are just discs, so you've still got your saves on your console--assuming that's all it takes to work. 

#26286 Soma_Cruz   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   1509 Posts   Joined 9.9 Years Ago  

Soma_Cruz

Posted 16 October 2018 - 03:29 PM

Thankfully those are just discs, so you've still got your saves on your console--assuming that's all it takes to work. 

I don't have a lot of experience with cross save, but the games I have you do it through the game.

#26287 Zaku77   \m/ CAGiversary!   4647 Posts   Joined 8.9 Years Ago  

Posted 16 October 2018 - 03:30 PM

I don't have a lot of experience with cross save, but the games I have you do it through the game.

Super lame if that's the case!

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy S8 using Tapatalk

#26288 shadowysea07   Cjenvy I'm ready for you awd this time I'm wearing pants CAGiversary!   4347 Posts   Joined 5.5 Years Ago  

shadowysea07

Posted 16 October 2018 - 04:36 PM

really?  thats a shame.

#26289 bappt   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   657 Posts   Joined 13.3 Years Ago  

Posted 16 October 2018 - 05:12 PM

That's usually how it works. PS3/PS4 to PS Vita usually requires going into a menu in game and saying "Save to Network". The PS4 copy will just read that same data.

#26290 Starcrest   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   569 Posts   Joined 8.1 Years Ago  

Starcrest

Posted 16 October 2018 - 05:17 PM

Anyone getting starlink day 1? Opinions either way?

#26291 Nothing371   Tomorrow King - Interloper Kai CAGiversary!   7475 Posts   Joined 7.1 Years Ago  

Posted 16 October 2018 - 05:52 PM

"Save files from both the PlayStation 3 and PlayStation Vita will work on the PlayStation 4, allowing people to pick up where they left off of start with a completed new game plus file."

huh?  So can you pick up and play your Vita saved file on PS4, or not?  The wording is very strange.

#26292 Nothing371   Tomorrow King - Interloper Kai CAGiversary!   7475 Posts   Joined 7.1 Years Ago  

Posted 16 October 2018 - 06:09 PM

How2CAG:

gamefly.png

Some of these games will be in $19.99 Best Buy Black Friday bargain bins, but that's ok.  I was able to cross several things off the collection wishlist. 

Love Gamefly (sales).  I've had very good luck buying from them in the past.  Their games always come complete in like-new, unblemished cases.  It's just too bad that they (and everyone) charge online tax now.

#26293 Draekon   Kung-Fu Panda CAGiversary!   5673 Posts   Joined 12.8 Years Ago  

Posted 16 October 2018 - 06:37 PM

"Save files from both the PlayStation 3 and PlayStation Vita will work on the PlayStation 4, allowing people to pick up where they left off of start with a completed new game plus file."

huh?  So can you pick up and play your Vita saved file on PS4, or not?  The wording is very strange.

Yes, you'll be able to play your Vita or PS3 saves on the PS4 version. I do not know whether it will let you take your PS4 saves back to the PS3/Vita version though. I haven't specifically read how it works, but I assume it's the usual deal where you have to launch the game and use the cross-save options inside of the game to upload it, which will allow you to pull it onto your PS4 after the game releases. It really should work with the PS+ online storage feature for those with PS+ subs, but I feel like that won't cross their minds for another five years or until they decide to make another portable.

Twitter Link

It's also a shared trophy list with the Vita/PS3 version.

#26294 dsman3717   Saber is Life CAGiversary!   671 Posts   Joined 5.7 Years Ago  

dsman3717

Posted 16 October 2018 - 06:44 PM

Anyone getting starlink day 1? Opinions either way?

My copy is coming today. I'm going to be honest though, the only reason I'm getting it is because it has Starfox in it lol (Switch version)

Although I have been reading on Reddit that some people are getting their copies of the deluxe version with the game missing, which is very concerning. Hopefully I'm not affected by the same thing.

#26295 Vigilante   The Deal Is Already Dead CAGiversary!   36717 Posts   Joined 13.2 Years Ago  

Posted 16 October 2018 - 06:49 PM

It's also a shared trophy list with the Vita/PS3 version.

NOOOOOOOOOOOO

(I should have seen this coming with the cross-save announcement, but now I have to decide if $80+tax for two steelbooks for games I already platted is worth it. I already own the full OSTs.)

#26296 Draekon   Kung-Fu Panda CAGiversary!   5673 Posts   Joined 12.8 Years Ago  

Posted 16 October 2018 - 07:12 PM

NOOOOOOOOOOOO

(I should have seen this coming with the cross-save announcement, but now I have to decide if $80+tax for two steelbooks for games I already platted is worth it. I already own the full OSTs.)

Yep

Twitter Link

I'll probably buy it for the fourth (?) time. I have zero intention of ever replaying it on the PS4. I just want to make sure XSeed keeps translating the series. Though if they announce Cold Steel III without a PC version, I may end up importing my PS3 NG+ save and run through it one final time to ensure it's CS3 compatible.

#26297 elessar123  

Posted 16 October 2018 - 08:08 PM

Looking pretty good.

Totally missed the opportunity to call it Trails of Cold Steelbook.

#26298 shadowysea07   Cjenvy I'm ready for you awd this time I'm wearing pants CAGiversary!   4347 Posts   Joined 5.5 Years Ago  

shadowysea07

Posted 17 October 2018 - 01:11 AM

That's usually how it works. PS3/PS4 to PS Vita usually requires going into a menu in game and saying "Save to Network". The PS4 copy will just read that same data.

I guess I'm spoiled from cross buy titles and being able to just copy my save from one system to another.

#26299 NeoMonk  

Posted 17 October 2018 - 03:51 AM

Finally, a reason to start playing Star Ocean: Anamnesis.

Spoiler

#26300 lutz   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   1264 Posts   Joined 13.1 Years Ago  

Posted 17 October 2018 - 04:37 AM

No Best Buy listings yet, but Gamestop now taking pre-orders on the Trails of Cold Steel 1/2:

Trails of Cold Steel

Trails of Cold Steel II

#26301 kintanos   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   517 Posts   Joined 15.0 Years Ago  

Posted 17 October 2018 - 04:43 AM

I actually played it during release trying to save for this.  But blew most of everything when the summer banners hit.  Fanservice was hard to resist lol.  But started saving again and was able to get 2B.  Yay!

#26302 Midori Monkey  

Midori Monkey

Posted 17 October 2018 - 05:57 AM

How2CAG:

Spoiler

Some of these games will be in $19.99 Best Buy Black Friday bargain bins, but that's ok.  I was able to cross several things off the collection wishlist. 

Love Gamefly (sales).  I've had very good luck buying from them in the past.  Their games always come complete in like-new, unblemished cases.  It's just too bad that they (and everyone) charge online tax now.

Nice haul! I ended up going nuts on the GF sale too hehe.  I ended up grabbing 6 games - AoT 2, Yomawari,The Lost Child, DS Remastered, Kingdom Come, Touhou Kobuto V: Burst Battle.  I was really close to grabbing Dragon Ball FighterZ also, but at last second decided not to since I didn't know anyone with it.

I've been watching for most these games to be sub 20, except for Touhou which was only 10.  I have had great luck with buying from GF too, even though the deal thread for each sale is always filled with people complaining about games not working etc.

#26303 Souffrir   Eternally Training CAG CAGiversary!   4099 Posts   Joined 5.9 Years Ago  

Posted 17 October 2018 - 05:59 AM

How2CAG:

Wait, who brags about buying used in the Japanese games thread? I thought this was where everyone came to jerk off to their collections of sealed LEs.

#26304 vic_x51   World Warrior CAGiversary!   2114 Posts   Joined 10.5 Years Ago  

Posted 17 October 2018 - 06:01 AM

i picked up dbz fighter, I'm always up to play any fighter with cags.

I've always enjoyed gamefly sales and only ever had one disc not play out of dozens but was easily refunded.

#26305 Supplice   Meta CAGiversary!   4843 Posts   Joined 8.9 Years Ago  

Supplice

Posted 17 October 2018 - 06:57 AM

Dynasty Warriors 8: Xtreme Legends Complete Edition DX announced for Switch

Omega Labyrinth Life Details Gameplay And Changes From The Last Game

Onimusha: Warlords Gets Its Latest Trailer For The Nintendo Switch Version

Death Mark gameplay trailer

Level-5 Might Revive A Cancelled Game Or Inactive Series With A Reveal Next Week

Dragon Ball Xenoverse 2’s New Mode Will Let You Become A Raid Boss Against Five Other Players

Super Dragon Ball Heroes: World Mission Announced For Nintendo Switch

Experience’s PS Vita Horror Visual Novel NG Releases A Prologue Demo In Japan

Persona 3: Dancing in Moonlight and Persona 5: Dancing in Starlight ‘S.E.E.S.’ and ‘Phantom Thieves’ trailers

PS4 Update 6.02 Released, Fixes Message Exploit

#26306 Olengie   Your Waifu is Kuso. Except Mine CAGiversary!   11479 Posts   Joined 6.3 Years Ago  

Posted 17 October 2018 - 07:45 AM

Rather wait and see how the BF Gamefly sale compares

#26307 vic_x51   World Warrior CAGiversary!   2114 Posts   Joined 10.5 Years Ago  

Posted 17 October 2018 - 07:59 AM

Rather wait and see how the BF Gamefly sale compares

i think the bf gamefly sale last year sucked with games being the same price or slightly higher than normal gf sales.

gf use to sell games at ridiculously low single digit prices at the start. Now while still decent are rarely ever that crazy low.

#26308 Draekon   Kung-Fu Panda CAGiversary!   5673 Posts   Joined 12.8 Years Ago  

Posted 17 October 2018 - 10:29 AM

Weekly free PSN junk:

Fist of the North Star: Lost Paradise

PS4

- Jagi Theme (PS+ Only)

Forgot to get around to posting this yesterday. Didn't see anything else.

#26309 itzd4n   Dank Lean CAGiversary!   872 Posts   Joined 8.3 Years Ago  

Posted 17 October 2018 - 01:31 PM

Honestly not quite sure which thread this question belongs in, but anyone order the NEOGEO mini get theirs yet?  I want to know how it is and if it's worth the price.  I have a little time to cancel my order from AMZ.

#26310 roger watersmelon   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   2729 Posts   Joined 8.5 Years Ago  

roger watersmelon

Posted 17 October 2018 - 02:23 PM

Wait, who brags about buying used in the Japanese games thread? I thought this was where everyone came to jerk off to their collections of sealed LEs.

giphy.gif