* * * * - 26 votes

Japanese Niche Games Deals & Discussion Thread 4.0

#26371 Olengie   Your Waifu is Kuso. Except Mine CAGiversary!   11476 Posts   Joined 6.3 Years Ago  

Posted 22 October 2018 - 04:31 AM

Same as Tokyo Tattoo Girls

#26372 gospelman   Irreducibly Complex CAGiversary!   1453 Posts   Joined 9.3 Years Ago  

Posted 22 October 2018 - 04:35 AM

I haven played it, but that Langrisser got some really bad reviews.

I could only make myself play the first fight, but it's like a very bad version of fire emblem.  Though back when i purchased mine, new copies came with a nice artbooklet.

#26373 Supplice   Meta CAGiversary!   4842 Posts   Joined 8.9 Years Ago  

Supplice

Posted 22 October 2018 - 11:42 AM

Dynasty Warriors 9 Scheduled to Get Online Co-Op, Split-Screen Co-Op Update

Persona Q2 Showcases Persona 5’s Makoto in a New Trailer

Sakuna: Of Rice and Ruin Will Work Your Reactions With Projectile Deflections

Pokemon Director Junichi Masuda Explains The Shift In Rival Personalities

Cyberconnect2’s CEO On Revisiting The World Of Little Tail Bronx, And A Fourth Title

Fantasia Re:Build Is An Upcoming RPG Featuring Saekano, Slayers, And Date A Live

Devil May Cry 5’s Ultra Limited Editions Come With Replica Nero, Dante, And V Jackets

Dynasty Warriors 8 Xtreme Legends Definitive Edition Is An eShop Exclusive

Resident Evil 2 Producer Talks About Resident Evil 2 Story Changes, Lickers, And Zombie Bites

Western Mercenaries Wings: The False Phoenix Release Date Set For November

SNK Heroines: Tag Team Frenzy’s Next DLC Character To Be Revealed On October 25, 2018

#26374 hostyl1   Rejoice commoners! CAGiversary!   2821 Posts   Joined 13.0 Years Ago  

Posted 22 October 2018 - 11:58 AM

Oh Makoto *lovingly sighs*...

When Makoto and Mitsuru are out together, you look at your wingman and say "I'll take whichever one you *dont* want."

#26375 bigstew  

Posted 22 October 2018 - 01:48 PM

anybody order from play asia lately? getting worried some of my orders are a little too late, expecting psykio vol 1 already since it shipped at release

#26376 Zaku77   \m/ CAGiversary!   4646 Posts   Joined 8.9 Years Ago  

Posted 22 October 2018 - 02:05 PM

anybody order from play asia lately? getting worried some of my orders are a little too late, expecting psykio vol 1 already since it shipped at release

I got mine like 2-3 days ago, so not that big of a difference, I suppose.

#26377 intelligentidiot   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   524 Posts   Joined 12.9 Years Ago  

intelligentidiot

Posted 22 October 2018 - 03:21 PM

My order for RXN -RAIJIN- [LIMITED EDITION] recently shipped 3 days ago and the tracking shows "The item is pre-advised" with the latest update as of today. Shipping method is PostNL ePac.

Looking at my orders, I haven't purchased much from them. Last order was from 4 years ago and was a digital code, which I recall had some issues. Last physical item I ordered was from 10 years ago, soundtrack for Shadow of the Colossus.

#26378 Josef   Touched the dead CAGiversary!   11706 Posts   Joined 14.7 Years Ago  

Posted 22 October 2018 - 03:38 PM

I order a lot of their exclusives and my experience has been once they send a shipping email, it takes about 2 to 4 weeks to get to me. 

#26379 mr_top_hat   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   169 Posts   Joined 7.1 Years Ago  

mr_top_hat

Posted 22 October 2018 - 05:02 PM

While we're on the subject, if a package has entered the US 5 weeks ago and hasn't moved since, is it safe to say the package is lost?

#26380 bigstew  

Posted 22 October 2018 - 05:22 PM

My order for RXN -RAIJIN- [LIMITED EDITION] recently shipped 3 days ago and the tracking shows "The item is pre-advised" with the latest update as of today. Shipping method is PostNL ePac.

Looking at my orders, I haven't purchased much from them. Last order was from 4 years ago and was a digital code, which I recall had some issues. Last physical item I ordered was from 10 years ago, soundtrack for Shadow of the Colossus.

yeah well i got the regular edition, curious why the shipment got delayed because they had to wait for stickers, but mine was delayed about 2 weeks

While we're on the subject, if a package has entered the US 5 weeks ago and hasn't moved since, is it safe to say the package is lost?

depends where it says, may be stuck in customs, depending on how it was packaged or shipped, my experience that if its not ups, fedex, or dhl either the tracking isnt compatible or they forgot to scan, some tracking used isnt compatible with some usps scanners, i've had them never show up, only show when its delivered. also its already the holiday season for shipping so depending on where ur at could take a little longer. i would suggest if its important to just pay up next time for the air shipping or what not to have a better chance to get it

#26381 Backlog Hog  

Backlog Hog

Posted 22 October 2018 - 07:42 PM

Got mine last week. You should be good. Stuff from overseas sometimes gets held up for awhile in customs.

#26382 Souffrir   Eternally Training CAG CAGiversary!   4099 Posts   Joined 5.9 Years Ago  

Posted 22 October 2018 - 11:16 PM

Oh Makoto *lovingly sighs*...

When Makoto and Mitsuru are out together, you look at your wingman and say "I'll take whichever one you *dont* want."

And then you both strike out because it turns out they're more into each other than either of you.

#26383 Supplice   Meta CAGiversary!   4842 Posts   Joined 8.9 Years Ago  

Supplice

Posted 23 October 2018 - 12:25 PM

Devil May Cry 5 Interview — Developers Talk Nico, Gameplay, Reviving Capcom’s Franchises, and More

Yakuza 4 For PS4 Releases January 19, 2019 In Japan With A New Look For Tanimura

New Atelier Game in the Arland Series to Be Revealed in This Week’s Famitsu

Starwing Paradox Introduces Hikari And Reika In A New Character Trailer

Level-5’s Cancelled PSP Horror RPG Ushiro Is Alive And Appears To Be Headed To Switch

Dragon Ball Xenoverse 2 Shares A First Look At Master Raid Mode’s Demigra, Fused Zamasu, Mira

Project Judge’s New Gameplay Takes Us Through Main And Side Stories, And A Humorous QTE

Atelier Lulua: The Alchemist of Arland 4 announced for PS4, Switch

#26384 Draekon   Kung-Fu Panda CAGiversary!   5673 Posts   Joined 12.8 Years Ago  

Posted 23 October 2018 - 12:41 PM

New Atelier Game in the Arland Series to Be Revealed in This Week’s Famitsu

Wat. That was unexpected. I do hope they go back to the time limits, even if they're not that demanding. Just not as bad as Atelier Firis where the pacing was absolutely horrendous.

Level-5’s Cancelled PSP Horror RPG Ushiro Is Alive And Appears To Be Headed To Switch

I'm sure some people will be excited for this, but I'm a bit disappointed since it's not a game I'm interested in.

#26385 Green Card200   The Time Mage CAGiversary!   2350 Posts   Joined 11.1 Years Ago  

Green Card200

Posted 23 October 2018 - 02:06 PM

Was excited when I saw horror RPG and it died when I saw the spaghetti haired 4 year old.

#26386 nitrosmob   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   8928 Posts   Joined 12.3 Years Ago  

Posted 23 October 2018 - 02:11 PM

Not the most exciting Level 5 announcement. I hope Inazuma Eleven...the newest one in development does get localized someday.

#26387 NeoMonk  

Posted 23 October 2018 - 02:18 PM

New Persona Q2 "Junessic Land Launch Trailer" 

Spoiler

What's interesting about the new Atelier game is that it's the 4th game in the Arland Trilogy so a return to form is probably expected. 

#26388 chrislaustin   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   6660 Posts   Joined 12.9 Years Ago  

chrislaustin

Posted 23 October 2018 - 02:20 PM

Was excited when I saw horror RPG and it died when I saw the spaghetti haired 4 year old.

Yeah, that image looks scary as hell to me............. but for probably all the wrong reasons. LOL

#26389 mr_top_hat   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   169 Posts   Joined 7.1 Years Ago  

mr_top_hat

Posted 23 October 2018 - 04:37 PM

yeah well i got the regular edition, curious why the shipment got delayed because they had to wait for stickers, but mine was delayed about 2 weeks

depends where it says, may be stuck in customs, depending on how it was packaged or shipped, my experience that if its not ups, fedex, or dhl either the tracking isnt compatible or they forgot to scan, some tracking used isnt compatible with some usps scanners, i've had them never show up, only show when its delivered. also its already the holiday season for shipping so depending on where ur at could take a little longer. i would suggest if its important to just pay up next time for the air shipping or what not to have a better chance to get it

This honestly may be the last time I order from Heavy-Arm as I have never once received a package from them that didn't take at least a month to get to me. Though it's never really their fault, I only have problems ordering from them.

#26390 Draekon   Kung-Fu Panda CAGiversary!   5673 Posts   Joined 12.8 Years Ago  

Posted 23 October 2018 - 05:02 PM

Weekly free PSN junk:

Earthlock

PS4

Sale of the Dead

Not seeing much else. Sale of the Dead has a few thread related titles. Still going to recommend A Hat in Time since it's on sale if you haven't played it yet.

#26391 NeoMonk  

Posted 24 October 2018 - 03:40 AM

Atelier Lulula: The Alchemist of Arland 4 announced for PS4/Switch

tumblr_n6d90gzx1g1s4qvrdo1_500.gif

#26392 lutz   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   1263 Posts   Joined 13.1 Years Ago  

Posted 24 October 2018 - 04:02 AM

Day one if physical and includes the Arland Trilogy for me

#26393 whoknows   Time and Eternity for all of time and eternity CAGiversary!   40043 Posts   Joined 14.3 Years Ago  

Posted 24 October 2018 - 05:02 AM

Wat. That was unexpected. I do hope they go back to the time limits, even if they're not that demanding. Just not as bad as Atelier Firis where the pacing was absolutely horrendous.

Same. The time mechanic made the games more fun.

#26394 Flanflan  

Flanflan

Posted 24 October 2018 - 05:43 AM

Thanks! Picked up Raiden and TTG. Wanted to grab Langrisser as well, but don't know if I would ever play it.

The Langrisser 3DS game is probably the worst thing on the platform, just horrible and a stain on the series legacy.

If you're curious about the series, I reccomend you wait for the Switch remakes.

#26395 Supplice   Meta CAGiversary!   4842 Posts   Joined 8.9 Years Ago  

Supplice

Posted 24 October 2018 - 06:00 AM

Atelier Rurua: The Alchemist of Arland 4 Announced For PS4 And Switch In 2019

Mana Khemia 2’s Ulrika, Uryu, Atelier Iris’ Lita, More Join Nelke & the Legendary Alchemists

Ys VIII: Lacrimosa of Dana sales top 500,000; ‘Christmas Gift Package’ edition announced for PS4 in Japan

Sega Ages Dreamcast Games On The Nintendo Switch Might Happen After All

PlayStation Network Online ID Change Preview Rolling Out

Level-5 provides more details on Ushiro coming to Switch

Deemo launches physically for Switch on January 29

Only Japanese My Hero One’s Justice Voice Acting Is Present In The Game

Bleach Getting A Smartphone MMORPG Called Bleach: Awakened Souls: Shinigam

Robotics;Notes Elite for Switch launches November 22 in Japan

Robotics;Notes DaSH opening movie full version

Spoiler

Ni no Kuni II: Revenant Kingdom first major DLC titled

Kingdom Hearts HD 1.5, 2.5, And 2.8 Share Functions Will Be Unlocked In An October 25 Update

Castlevania Requiem: Symphony Of The Night & Rondo Of Blood PS4 trophies

Our World is Ended coming west for PS4, Switch, and PC in 2019

Spoiler

Astebreed for Switch launches November 7

#26396 NeoMonk  

Posted 24 October 2018 - 01:04 PM

Persona Q2 BEST GIRL (Marie) Trailer  :-

New Pokemon introduced: Melmetal 

#26397 nitrosmob   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   8928 Posts   Joined 12.3 Years Ago  

Posted 24 October 2018 - 02:17 PM

It's kind of sad, but I have wanted a Mana Khemia sequel forever. I doubt that will ever happen. The games are just alright and good fun in a school setting.

Also Our World is Ended (doesn't sound like good English) look OK at best, but I support most VNs. Course one of my fave Youtubers Otaku Overdrive has a review of it. I recommend watching it before purchasing.

#26398 Supplice   Meta CAGiversary!   4842 Posts   Joined 8.9 Years Ago  

Supplice

Posted 24 October 2018 - 03:09 PM

First Look At Atelier Lulua Featuring Rorona’s Daughter As The Protagonist

Spoiler

Super Smash Bros. Ultimate Alleged Marketing Material Leak Hints At Unrevealed Characters

Disgaea 5 Complete PC Version Missing Map Edit Functionality And Netherworld Network

Wizard’s Symphony launches February 28, 2019 in Japan

Patches for Kingdom Hearts 1.5+2.5 and 2.8 fully unlocking share function to release on October 25 at 3pm JST

Resident Evil 2 SteelBook Edition announced for Europe

Spoiler

Street Fighter V Update Brings Cannon Spike Nash, Reduced Input Lag, And Dojo Point Changes

#26399 Biggzy32   Let's fight like gentlemen! CAGiversary!   978 Posts   Joined 5.5 Years Ago  

Posted 24 October 2018 - 03:19 PM

To the guy asking about Warriors Orochi 4.

I've loved all of them but this new magic system is dumb. They start you off Tadakatsu Honda who is ridiculously OP in my opinion. For some reason I've kept playing the game and I think I've died twice playing on Hard Mode and the occasional Pandemonium when Hundun appears.

I know they're all a big button mashing grind fest, which I happen to like, but the after math where you build up your characters feels boring.

If anyone wants it for $40 shipped with decent trade feedback, drop me a PM.

#26400 Thermopyle  

Posted 24 October 2018 - 03:21 PM

That does not sound complete.

Ugh. I'm hoping that D1 getting a remake will prompt them to give Disgaea D2 a PS4 port with all the DLC included. And the same trophy list to cover the PS3 version having $50+ worth of stupid extra characters with trophies attached.