* * * * - 26 votes

Japanese Niche Games Deals & Discussion Thread 4.0

#26791 vic_x51   World Warrior CAGiversary!   2124 Posts   Joined 10.6 Years Ago  

Posted 15 November 2018 - 01:17 PM

The Game Paradise: CruisinMix Special launches November 30 in the west

i can't believe Sony censored this image on the ps4. It wasn't even bad or a loli. wtf

#26792 itzd4n   Dank Lean CAGiversary!   912 Posts   Joined 8.4 Years Ago  

Posted 15 November 2018 - 01:22 PM

i can't believe Sony censored this image on the ps4. It wasn't even bad or a loli. wtf

It's all the cartoon tits. Wouldn't want anyone to go raping their screens (however big or small) and filing a lawsuit against Sony for enticing them.

#26793 vic_x51   World Warrior CAGiversary!   2124 Posts   Joined 10.6 Years Ago  

Posted 15 November 2018 - 01:28 PM

Literally one second after I clicked that video I was glad I did.

Agreed. I feel way better now.

#26794 hostyl1   Rejoice commoners! CAGiversary!   2840 Posts   Joined 13.0 Years Ago  

Posted 15 November 2018 - 01:47 PM

Agreed. I feel way better now.

Disagreed! Now my wrist hurts. ;)

#26795 motaku96   CAG in Training CAGiversary!   1845 Posts   Joined 5.8 Years Ago  

Posted 15 November 2018 - 02:02 PM

Not surprising after Sony nuked Omega Labyrinth. I feel bad for the vita but I hope niche developers just drop support for the sony platform in general with the way things are going. Bring it to PC!

#26796 nitrosmob   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   8960 Posts   Joined 12.4 Years Ago  

Posted 15 November 2018 - 02:57 PM

Underboob is bad.... Sony is on my poop list for sure. I will think of that Game Paradise game especially with the Golf Story discount code.

#26797 AugustAPC   Not For Sale CAGiversary!   3535 Posts   Joined 8.2 Years Ago  

Posted 15 November 2018 - 03:02 PM

What the Fuck is Sony doing? I mean... who has a stick shoved so far up their ass that upon seeing this benign image, they say "no, no no, this is just too far."

#26798 nagpo  

Posted 15 November 2018 - 04:00 PM

What the Fuck is Sony doing? I mean... who has a stick shoved so far up their ass that upon seeing this benign image, they say "no, no no, this is just too far."

Their headquaters are in california now. Imagine the type of people in california and the type of decision they'd make...

#26799 dsman3717   Saber is Life CAGiversary!   677 Posts   Joined 5.7 Years Ago  

dsman3717

Posted 15 November 2018 - 05:07 PM

Their headquaters are in california now. Imagine the type of people in california and the type of decision they'd make...

As someone who lives in California, I agree with this *depressing laugh*

I live in the state where everyone is offended by something (which is really annoying), and now I guess that includes uncensored anime characters....  :cry:

#26800 bojay1997   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   5976 Posts   Joined 15.0 Years Ago  

Posted 15 November 2018 - 06:11 PM

As someone who lives in California, I agree with this *depressing laugh*

I live in the state where everyone is offended by something (which is really annoying), and now I guess that includes uncensored anime characters....  :cry:

Right, because the flyover states don't ever have issues with sexual content and have never been involved in trying to censor television shows or radio broadcasters or films...give me a break.

#26801 elessar123  

Posted 15 November 2018 - 08:01 PM

Right, because the flyover states don't ever have issues with sexual content and have never been involved in trying to censor television shows or radio broadcasters or films...give me a break.

Yea, but no one actually cares about them

#26802 JCAll   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   1962 Posts   Joined 11.0 Years Ago  

Posted 15 November 2018 - 08:36 PM

Sony gets weird ideas in their heads sometimes.  Remember back in ye olden days when they decided that older ports and 2D games would make their consoles "look cheap" and cracked down on published that did specialized in that?  That's when Working Designs died, I remember.

#26803 itzd4n   Dank Lean CAGiversary!   912 Posts   Joined 8.4 Years Ago  

Posted 15 November 2018 - 08:43 PM

Fuck right off

You felt the need to be offended for literally no reason.  Bible belt has its' own problems, but Sony isn't HQ'd anywhere near there, so really, why?

#26804 Supplice   Meta CAGiversary!   4862 Posts   Joined 9.0 Years Ago  

Supplice

Posted 15 November 2018 - 09:25 PM

Sony PlayStation is Skipping E3 for the First Time Ever in 2019

Reggie Fils-Aime Says He Wouldn’t Rule Out an N64 Classic Console Releasing

Langrisser Mobile coming west

Super Dragon Ball Heroes: World Mission seems to be coming west

Nintendo of Russia CEO Goes on Livestream Tirade, Russian Nintendo Fans in Uproar

Killer7 for PC now available

#26805 bojay1997   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   5976 Posts   Joined 15.0 Years Ago  

Posted 15 November 2018 - 10:35 PM

Fuck right off

You felt the need to be offended for literally no reason.  Bible belt has its' own problems, but Sony isn't HQ'd anywhere near there, so really, why?

Because where employees happen to live and work has very little do to with how high level decisions are made.  Whether you want to admit it or not, there is far more of a censorship culture in places like the midwest and south where various "religious" organizations have a stronger hold and have been trying to quash sexual content in media for literally decades.  Do a quick search of FCC complaints over the past decade and you'll see that an overwhelming majority of them aren't from California or New York.   

#26806 itzd4n   Dank Lean CAGiversary!   912 Posts   Joined 8.4 Years Ago  

Posted 15 November 2018 - 11:08 PM

Because where employees happen to live and work has very little do to with how high level decisions are made. Whether you want to admit it or not, there is far more of a censorship culture in places like the midwest and south where various "religious" organizations have a stronger hold and have been trying to quash sexual content in media for literally decades. Do a quick search of FCC complaints over the past decade and you'll see that an overwhelming majority of them aren't from California or New York.

LOL whether I want to admit it or not? You sure like to make arguments over things nobody was talking about to cement yourself into a conversation. Take your shit over to resetera.

Once again, f**k off and look elsewhere to stroke your ego. I'm done with you, kthxbye.

#26807 The Dead Texan   Rest in Peace, Big Rizzle CAGiversary!   3764 Posts   Joined 9.9 Years Ago  

The Dead Texan

Posted 15 November 2018 - 11:14 PM

Because where employees happen to live and work has very little do to with how high level decisions are made.  Whether you want to admit it or not, there is far more of a censorship culture in places like the midwest and south where various "religious" organizations have a stronger hold and have been trying to quash sexual content in media for literally decades.  Do a quick search of FCC complaints over the past decade and you'll see that an overwhelming majority of them aren't from California or New York.   

Can you try to apply this rationale to how anime video games are perceived? This isn't the Super Bowl Halftime Show where people are going to get triggered by Janet Jackson's tit. Good ol' boys ain't calling the FCC over the latest Senran Kagura game. This new wave of puritan censorship is Sony just trying to protect their brand since they're riding the wave of PC culture while simultaneously pushing totally non-threatening blood and gore. 

#26808 bojay1997   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   5976 Posts   Joined 15.0 Years Ago  

Posted 16 November 2018 - 12:12 AM

Can you try to apply this rationale to how anime video games are perceived? This isn't the Super Bowl Halftime Show where people are going to get triggered by Janet Jackson's tit. Good ol' boys ain't calling the FCC over the latest Senran Kagura game. This new wave of puritan censorship is Sony just trying to protect their brand since they're riding the wave of PC culture while simultaneously pushing totally non-threatening blood and gore. 

Here's the thing, this is all anticipatory on Sony's part and is in large part driven by their perception that social forces in certain portions of the United States as well as government institutions like the FCC, the FTC and the judiciary have become far more conservative in the past two years.  Nobody in California is calling for Sony to do this and frankly, California and New York are liberal bastions that are home to organizations that actively fight censorship of manga, anime and video games like the National Coalition Against Censorship, the Electronic Frontier Foundation and the Comic Book Legal Defense Fund.   

#26809 JCAll   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   1962 Posts   Joined 11.0 Years Ago  

Posted 16 November 2018 - 12:26 AM

Profit is the only God to Corporations.  If there's a nickle more to be made by catering to the "Cartoons are for children" crowd over the anime fanservice crowd, then that's just what they'll do.

#26810 Supplice   Meta CAGiversary!   4862 Posts   Joined 9.0 Years Ago  

Supplice

Posted 16 November 2018 - 12:28 AM

raw.gif

#26811 Covnam   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   1234 Posts   Joined 13.8 Years Ago  

Posted 16 November 2018 - 03:53 AM

Degica games claims that the censorship this time "isn't about Sony", but who really knows *shrug*

#26812 FlawlesslyFatal   $15 or less CAGiversary!   1330 Posts   Joined 6.4 Years Ago  

FlawlesslyFatal

Posted 16 November 2018 - 04:35 AM

Degica games claims that the censorship this time "isn't about Sony", but who really knows *shrug*

https://twitter.com/...166743533838337

I could've sworn I read some where talking about how there's another clause in Sony new policy that prohibiting publisher from disclosing Sony as the source of censorship.

Sent from my SM-N950U1 using Tapatalk

#26813 vic_x51   World Warrior CAGiversary!   2124 Posts   Joined 10.6 Years Ago  

Posted 16 November 2018 - 04:55 AM

I could've sworn I read some where talking about how there's another clause in Sony new policy that prohibiting publisher from disclosing Sony as the source of censorship.

Sent from my SM-N950U1 using Tapatalk

yea, i remember reading about that too.

this thread talks about it.

https://www.reddit.c...ing_their_game/

#26814 scaryice   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   165 Posts   Joined 8.0 Years Ago  

Posted 16 November 2018 - 05:11 AM

Nobody in California is calling for Sony to do this and frankly, California and New York are liberal bastions that are home to organizations that actively fight censorship of manga, anime and video games like the National Coalition Against Censorship, the Electronic Frontier Foundation and the Comic Book Legal Defense Fund.   

That's true. There have been way more censorship attempts from the right wing over the course of video game history.

#26815 lutz   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   1284 Posts   Joined 13.1 Years Ago  

Posted 16 November 2018 - 07:15 AM

Sony gets weird ideas in their heads sometimes.  Remember back in ye olden days when they decided that older ports and 2D games would make their consoles "look cheap" and cracked down on published that did specialized in that?  That's when Working Designs died, I remember.

They cracked down on RPGs too. Part of this was because of Bernie Stolar imposing his will on the video game industry. He recked havoc during his time at Sony and Sega. 

I don't get why such heavy censorship if the rating matches the content. Might be time for the smaller companies band into something larger. I don't see Sega/Atlus's Catherine getting this treatment (knock on wood that it even comes out in the US...).

#26816 NeoMonk  

Posted 16 November 2018 - 07:54 AM

Sony is censoring all the tiddies to distract you from the fact they pulled out of E3..

WTF are they doing?  :-

#26817 Nothing371   Tomorrow King - Interloper Kai CAGiversary!   7604 Posts   Joined 7.2 Years Ago  

Posted 16 November 2018 - 08:54 AM

Had it not been for the murmurs about backwards compatibility I would have figured this would be happening because the company was trying to figure out how to tell people there was going to be no optical drive on the PS5, and decide on whether to commit to it or not.  Like why come out with this announcement so far in advance?  Something is brewing, for better or for worse. I worry about this stuff all the time since you know that fully digital is the direction where all the software pushermen want to go. 

I suppose there is another good chance that Sony wasn't happy with the delays, the setup, the pausing, and the live feedback during their 2018 E3 performances though.  It could also be that they want more control over their messaging just like Nintendo direct.  One way or another, this has to be happening because they want complete control over their PS5 reveal. 

#26818 Supplice   Meta CAGiversary!   4862 Posts   Joined 9.0 Years Ago  

Supplice

Posted 16 November 2018 - 12:36 PM

Nomura Reassures Final Fantasy VII Remake’s Development Is Fine, More To Be Shared After KHIII

Final Fantasy XIV – The Best Features Top-50 Tracks Of The Game, As Voted By Fans

God Eater 3 Shares First Screenshots And Details For Phym, Burst Arts System, And More

Jump Force Adds Fighters From Rurouni Kenshin With Himura Kenshin And Shihio Makoto

Dive Into The World Of VR Sugoroku And Drone Racing In Project Judge’s Side Activities

Catherine: Full Body Gets A Trailer Featuring All 11 Ideal Voices DLC

Kingdom Hearts III’s New Screenshots Show Us More Of The Tangled And 100 Acre Wood Worlds

Yakuza Online Launches November 21 In Japan, Special Live Stream Set For November 19

Yu Suzuki Discusses The Speed Bumps In The Development Of Space Harrier

Starwing Paradox Air-Real customization trailer

Spoiler

Kill la Kill the Game: IF details Houka Inumuta and Nonon Jakuzure

#26819 Thermopyle  

Posted 16 November 2018 - 02:37 PM

Had it not been for the murmurs about backwards compatibility I would have figured this would be happening because the company was trying to figure out how to tell people there was going to be no optical drive on the PS5, and decide on whether to commit to it or not.  Like why come out with this announcement so far in advance?  Something is brewing, for better or for worse. I worry about this stuff all the time since you know that fully digital is the direction where all the software pushermen want to go. 

I suppose there is another good chance that Sony wasn't happy with the delays, the setup, the pausing, and the live feedback during their 2018 E3 performances though.  It could also be that they want more control over their messaging just like Nintendo direct.  One way or another, this has to be happening because they want complete control over their PS5 reveal. 

I took it as all (or almost all) of the unannounced titles they're working on being for PS5. So without revealing that they've got no games to show. Don't forget they do still have a number of big 1st party releases that have been announced, and it seems like they're moving to an approach of announcing release dates shortly before a game hits. We could see quite a few big games next year as they keep the unannounced stuff under wraps.

#26820 nagpo  

Posted 16 November 2018 - 02:51 PM

100 acre woods is the best KH world and I'm glad it's back. Max comfy. KH3 is going to be fantastic