* * * * - 26 votes

Japanese Niche Games Deals & Discussion Thread 4.0

#26821 Supplice   Meta CAGiversary!   4838 Posts   Joined 8.9 Years Ago  

Supplice

Posted Yesterday, 03:11 PM

Rumor: PS5 Announcement Set for Mid-2019 & Major Reveal at PSX 2019, Release Planned for 2020

Rumor: Disc-less Xbox One due out in 2019

One Piece: World Seeker Arrives On March 15, 2019

Spoiler

Jump Force Adds Piccolo And Cell From Dragon Ball, More To Come For Light Yagami And Ryuk

Dragon Ball FighterZ Deluxe Edition Announced For PS4 [JP] With All 8 DLC Characters

Dragon Ball Xenoverse 2 Is Adding A “Super Saiyan Fully-Powered” Version Of Broly This Winter

Sayonara Umihara Kawase++ PS Vita limited run physical edition available starting November 18

Spoiler

Arc of Alchemist Gets New Screenshots, Event in Japan

Ace Combat 7: Skies Unknown - PS4/XB1/PC - Golden Joystick Awards Trailer

Spoiler

Final Fantasy XIV: Shadowbringers expansion announced

Spoiler

#26822 chrislaustin   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   6646 Posts   Joined 12.9 Years Ago  

chrislaustin

Posted Yesterday, 03:59 PM

VGP BF deals are live, with more to come(so they say), and there are some decent items. Remember to use Paypal if shopping here, as they had a CC beach issue awhile back, so just an extra precaution. 

https://www.videogam..._eid=d2a8c7ce89

https://gallery.mail..._eid=d2a8c7ce89

#26823 Zaku77   \m/ CAGiversary!   4636 Posts   Joined 8.9 Years Ago  

Posted Yesterday, 04:28 PM

VGP BF deals are live, with more to come(so they say), and there are some decent items. Remember to use Paypal if shopping here, as they had a CC beach issue awhile back, so just an extra precaution. 

I'm sure that many people in here are already familiar with it, but I just got the Plat for Root Letter (which is in the sale) and really enjoyed it. It has some bizarre localization choices, but it's an enjoyable ride, and it's really enhanced by not being overly long. I'd definitely recommend it as a quick Visual Novel romp.

#26824 dsman3717   Saber is Life CAGiversary!   670 Posts   Joined 5.6 Years Ago  

dsman3717

Posted Yesterday, 05:09 PM

Sony skipping E3 next year:

Snarky response: Yeah, I'm sure Sony is skipping E3 so they don't have to face angry fans when they realize more games are going to get censored. (I'm kidding. or am I though?)

Actual response: I agree with Nothing371 that most new stuff that they are working on is likely for PS5, which they don't feel ready to announce yet either. 

#26825 Spring Roll  

Spring Roll

Posted Yesterday, 06:41 PM

Remember to use Paypal if shopping here, as they had a CC beach issue awhile back, so just an extra precaution. 

Appreciate that! 

#26826 shadowysea07   Cjenvy I'm ready for you awd this time I'm wearing pants CAGiversary!   4346 Posts   Joined 5.5 Years Ago  

shadowysea07

Posted Yesterday, 07:44 PM

using paypal isn't safe either as they had their own breach a year or two ago.  I closed my paypal account then and there after it happened since I was one of the people hit by it despite not having even used it in like 15 years.

#26827 itzd4n   Dank Lean CAGiversary!   858 Posts   Joined 8.3 Years Ago  

Posted Yesterday, 09:43 PM

using paypal isn't safe either as they had their own breach a year or two ago.  I closed my paypal account then and there after it happened since I was one of the people hit by it despite not having even used it in like 15 years.

This is the first I've heard of PayPal being not safe for the VGP site. Granted I only purchased from them once before, but I may have to reconsider since I considered buying both Gal Guns

#26828 chrislaustin   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   6646 Posts   Joined 12.9 Years Ago  

chrislaustin

Posted Yesterday, 10:20 PM

This is the first I've heard of PayPal being not safe for the VGP site. Granted I only purchased from them once before, but I may have to reconsider since I considered buying both Gal Guns

Yeah, I think he may be referring to not VGP, but just PP in general, if I'm reading that correctly. But PP having a breach on their own is like anyplace else having one, it happens. But using PP at an online retailer is way safer than using your own CC directly, so it's still the lesser of two evils in regards to ordering and having breaching issues. Any place where digital is used over cash, there is a risk, and I was just offering the recommendation I've seen posted here many times in the past. 

#26829 shadowysea07   Cjenvy I'm ready for you awd this time I'm wearing pants CAGiversary!   4346 Posts   Joined 5.5 Years Ago  

shadowysea07

Posted Yesterday, 11:09 PM

yep I was referring to paypal specifically.

#26830 lutz   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   1257 Posts   Joined 13.0 Years Ago  

Posted Today, 01:58 AM

Sony skipping E3 next year:

Snarky response: Yeah, I'm sure Sony is skipping E3 so they don't have to face angry fans when they realize more games are going to get censored. (I'm kidding. or am I though?)

Actual response: I agree with Nothing371 that most new stuff that they are working on is likely for PS5, which they don't feel ready to announce yet either. 

I don't like that reason. Even Nintendo supported the WiiU while working on the Switch. Sony is getting ahead of itself. This is basically declaring that they are done supporting PS4, with several years to go. 

If they weren't beating the Xbox so hard right now, this wouldn't have happened. Even the censorship crap.

#26831 vic_x51   World Warrior CAGiversary!   2108 Posts   Joined 10.5 Years Ago  

Posted Today, 02:19 AM

i don't think sony will stop supporting the ps4. The ps2 was a gen leader too and sony supported the hell out of that beyond ps3's launch.
Ps3 had a strong launch in the beginning too with full sell outs and scarcity for months. So Sony didn't think the ps3 wasn't going to be market leader yet.
Sony really is the only company to support older gen consoles beyond it's competitors, except the handhelds.

#26832 shadowysea07   Cjenvy I'm ready for you awd this time I'm wearing pants CAGiversary!   4346 Posts   Joined 5.5 Years Ago  

shadowysea07

Posted Today, 02:46 AM

i don't think sony will stop supporting the ps4. The ps2 was a gen leader too and sony supported the hell out of that beyond ps3's launch.
Ps3 had a strong launch in the beginning too with full sell outs and scarcity for months. So Sony didn't think the ps3 wasn't going to be market leader yet.
Sony really is the only company to support older gen consoles beyond it's competitors, except the handhelds.

sony wasn't exactly supporting the ps2 though that was almost entirely third party and we all know the ps3 was a mess and took years before it got to where it was.  The ps4 didn't have any of those issues thankfully.

What probems it did have like the lack of exclusives were issues with all consoles these days. Now that more and more companies have been going multiplat and pc to cover their bases and get significantly more sales because of it. 

And while the ps2 got amazing titles after the ps3 such as persona 4 those were third party that got attention due to the drought on consoles at the time.  Third party didn't stick with the ps3 nearly as long so we ended up missing the ps3 versions of some games though luckily ps4 versions were made for a few of them at the time or later.

Wether they stick around longer for the ps4 is anyones guess.  Though with the strong switch sales and censorship issues I can definitely see companies jumping ship.

#26833 lutz   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   1257 Posts   Joined 13.0 Years Ago  

Posted Today, 03:25 AM

Right, Sony is coasting right now. We won't see any more God of War and ect on the PS4 now. We are entering the Vita phase, despite the PS4 having a lot of life left.

#26834 Covnam   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   1226 Posts   Joined 13.7 Years Ago  

Posted Today, 04:16 AM

I could've sworn I read some where talking about how there's another clause in Sony new policy that prohibiting publisher from disclosing Sony as the source of censorship.

Sent from my SM-N950U1 using Tapatalk

Sounds familiar as well, but regardless I'm sure most companies would want to avoid being too negative about Sony and their policies if they want to still have a relationship with them.

Thanks for the heads up :)

#26835 nitrosmob   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   8927 Posts   Joined 12.3 Years Ago  

Posted Today, 04:26 AM

VN Weekly News:

Mangagamer's next release is If You Love Me, Then Say So! It releases on December 13th and has a pre-order discount on Mangagamer site. I don't know if it will appear on Steam, but I'm guessing it's likely since it's a moege.

Mangagamer (NFSW)

VNDB (NSFW)

Sol Press is also releasing Sakura Sakura finally on November 19th. It should release on Steam with an 18+ patch available. 

Steam

#26836 Kaiser499   Gaming Guru CAGiversary!   3928 Posts   Joined 9.4 Years Ago  

Posted Today, 05:13 AM

Guess I won't be buying that.