* * * * - 28 votes

Japanese Niche Games Deals & Discussion Thread 4.0

#27091 Draekon   Kung-Fu Panda CAGiversary!   5721 Posts   Joined 14.0 Years Ago  

Posted 04 December 2018 - 12:36 PM

This is what happens when Draekon leaves for a month... Hope he gets well soon and takes care of himself.

I'm still alive and reading, just not posting. Although the last few days is less reading and more skipping.

#27092 Supplice   Meta CAGiversary!   4863 Posts   Joined 10.1 Years Ago  

Supplice

Posted 04 December 2018 - 12:58 PM

Resident Evil 2 Remake New Footage Showcases Ada Wong And More

Spoiler

Eve: Rebirth Terror Announced As Eve: Burst Error’s Sequel For PS4 And PS Vita In Japan In 2019

From Software President Miyazaki Comments On The Possible Release of Bloodborne II

Code: Realize ~Wintertide Miracles~ launches February 14, 2019 in North America

God Eater Series Launches Official Fan Club On December 13 With Exclusive God Eater 3 Bonuses

Final Fantasy XV: A New Empire Made About $1 Million A Day In November 2018

Persona Dancing Games Are Getting Four Different Season Passes for DLC

NeoBards Entertainment Is Involved With The Onimusha Warlords Remaster

Koei Tecmo Teaser’s Latest Update Shows That It’s Likely For A New Winning Post Game

Atelier Arland Series Deluxe Pack - Launch Trailer

Spoiler

#27093 bappt   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   896 Posts   Joined 14.5 Years Ago  

Posted 04 December 2018 - 03:35 PM

The Arland Trilogy showed up at about $80 for me on Steam. Cheaper than the after tax price on Switch or PSN

#27094 Boss   [Removed by Admin] CAGiversary!   2022 Posts   Joined 13.5 Years Ago  

Posted 04 December 2018 - 06:11 PM

giphy.gif

Keep going guys!

#27095 Sporkis   Will Duel 4 Mead! CAGiversary!   1779 Posts   Joined 14.1 Years Ago  

Posted 04 December 2018 - 06:30 PM

And I'm out.  I am now perceiving this thread with the same enthusiasm as the rest of my life. 

OcqFZR.gif

#27096 whoknows   Time and Eternity for all of time and eternity CAGiversary!   40101 Posts   Joined 15.4 Years Ago  

Posted 04 December 2018 - 06:42 PM

Sony was right. Gamers are too childish to handle the uncensored versions of games

#27097 Olengie   Your Waifu is Kuso. Except Mine CAGiversary!   11854 Posts   Joined 7.5 Years Ago  

Posted 04 December 2018 - 07:00 PM

Inb4 Thorban kills this thread again and makes another thread

#27098 shadowysea07   Cjenvy I'm ready for you awd this time I'm wearing pants CAGiversary!   4961 Posts   Joined 6.6 Years Ago  

shadowysea07

Posted 04 December 2018 - 07:01 PM

Man look at all the lurkers complaining.  I guess this is what happens during a slow news and deals week/s.  The psn thread was far worse last week though.  Got so bad they nuked three pages.

#27099 shadowysea07   Cjenvy I'm ready for you awd this time I'm wearing pants CAGiversary!   4961 Posts   Joined 6.6 Years Ago  

shadowysea07

Posted 04 December 2018 - 07:03 PM

Inb4 Thorban kills this thread again and makes another thread

I would be ok with that if it wouldn't just spill over to the new one.

#27100 bappt   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   896 Posts   Joined 14.5 Years Ago  

Posted 04 December 2018 - 07:03 PM

※Due to a rating issue, the release of the Steam version for the North America region is delayed.
We are working on making it available as soon as possible. Sorry for the inconvenience.

https://www.koeitecm...a.com/arlanddx/

If you want an uncensored Atelier Arland on Steam, you might want to buy the glitched 3-pack and backup the files before they fix it.

#27101 Vigilante   Let the Battles Begin CAGiversary!   37421 Posts   Joined 14.4 Years Ago  

Posted 04 December 2018 - 08:04 PM

Oh man, oh man, oh man, I hope this is for real:

#27102 DarthPwner  

Posted 04 December 2018 - 08:09 PM

Will buy day 1!. Loved that series.

#27103 chrislaustin   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   7366 Posts   Joined 14.1 Years Ago  

chrislaustin

Posted 04 December 2018 - 08:12 PM

Oh man, oh man, oh man, I hope this is for real:

This seems a given in all honesty, as "N" loves to bring back past sellers like this, especially with a new game coming. I would be more shocked if this didn't happen, as it's fits their profile to a T.

#27104 Nothing-   Tomorrow King - Interloper Kai CAGiversary!   8777 Posts   Joined 8.3 Years Ago  

Posted 04 December 2018 - 08:25 PM

I would love to play Metroid Prime with no waggle motion controls.  

They are some of the best games Nintendo has ever produced.  Unlike many other games, they have also aged very well. 

#27105 nitrosmob   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   9587 Posts   Joined 13.5 Years Ago  

Posted 04 December 2018 - 08:59 PM

Switch is a port machine and I like that! Course I skipped over WiiU so....there's that. I'm hoping for Super Mario 3D World somewhere down the line and some Zelda ports.

#27106 Zaku77   \m/ CAGiversary!   5035 Posts   Joined 10.1 Years Ago  

Posted 04 December 2018 - 09:01 PM

I never played Prime 3. Instead of dealing with the motion controls--I know people largely liked them there, but I just don't like the tech--I'd love to just play it on Switch. Bring that shit on!!

#27107 987654321.   CAG in Training CAGiversary!   290 Posts   Joined 7.1 Years Ago  

Posted 04 December 2018 - 09:02 PM

#27108 Olengie   Your Waifu is Kuso. Except Mine CAGiversary!   11854 Posts   Joined 7.5 Years Ago  

If Nintendo ports TMS to the Switch, there is no longer a reason for me to have a Wii U. LOL

#27109 Vigilante   Let the Battles Begin CAGiversary!   37421 Posts   Joined 14.4 Years Ago  

Switch is a port machine and I like that! Course I skipped over WiiU so....there's that. I'm hoping for Super Mario 3D World somewhere down the line and some Zelda ports.

I eagerly await when the Switch has Twilight Princess HD, Wind Waker HD, and SM 3D World (HD? Deluxe?) ports, thus rendering the Wii U totally obsolete.

...A Pikmin HD Trilogy and Wonderful 101 HD wouldn't be bad ideas, either.

#27110 nagpo  

Posted 04 December 2018 - 09:18 PM

Another port for the Switch...why am i not surprised. Can't believe I bought this thing for original content.

#27111 Zaku77   \m/ CAGiversary!   5035 Posts   Joined 10.1 Years Ago  

Posted 04 December 2018 - 09:23 PM

Another port for the Switch...why am i not surprised. Can't believe I bought this thing for original content.

This is a joke post, right? It's not even been out two years. Even ignoring the ports, it's had an awful lot of support with brand new games (that maybe also release on PS4, but now you have a different option for playing them, as you have to play multi-plats somewhere) and many exclusive games all of its own, too. 

Yeah, it's had a fair amount of Wii U ports. But there can be a lot of value in those. I don't know about you, but I didn't play every Wii U game that I wanted to, not to mention having a superior option for a future replay. I'd get bitching if we weren't sitting on a really respectable amount of new content, but that hypothetical isn't the world line that we're currently on. 

#27112 nagpo  

Posted 04 December 2018 - 09:59 PM

This is a joke post, right? It's not even been out two years. Even ignoring the ports, it's had an awful lot of support with brand new games (that maybe also release on PS4, but now you have a different option for playing them, as you have to play multi-plats somewhere) and many exclusive games all of its own, too. 

Yeah, it's had a fair amount of Wii U ports. But there can be a lot of value in those. I don't know about you, but I didn't play every Wii U game that I wanted to, not to mention having a superior option for a future replay. I'd get bitching if we weren't sitting on a really respectable amount of new content, but that hypothetical isn't the world line that we're currently on. 

yeah I don't count multiplats, ports or remakes as original content. Exclusive NEW content for the switch, especially by nintendo, is barebones. Compare Nintendo's output for the switch this year compared to Sony's for the ps4 this year. Nintendo doesn't even try.

#27113 chrislaustin   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   7366 Posts   Joined 14.1 Years Ago  

chrislaustin

Posted 04 December 2018 - 10:00 PM

I never played Prime 3. Instead of dealing with the motion controls--I know people largely liked them there, but I just don't like the tech--I'd love to just play it on Switch. Bring that shit on!!

I've played it a few times off and on over the years, and while I'm no fan of motion controls, I managed(still probably the reason I stopped each time). Having a no motion control option with some spruced up graphics, I'm pretty sure I would finally finish it, so this would for sure be a welcome product to have.

#27114 Zaku77   \m/ CAGiversary!   5035 Posts   Joined 10.1 Years Ago  

Posted 04 December 2018 - 10:13 PM

yeah I don't count multiplats, ports or remakes as original content. Exclusive NEW content for the switch, especially by nintendo, is barebones. Compare Nintendo's output for the switch this year compared to Sony's for the ps4 this year. Nintendo doesn't even try.

You have to play multi-plats somewhere. If you don't count those for any platform, then each platform's library would be shockingly tiny. That's a very odd viewpoint. It harkens back to the "Nintendo doesn't get the new games their competitors get!" just now modified to "But I'm not counting all of these, so pretend they don't exist!" The Switch can also serve as a great in between to eliminate the "Vita or PS4" question that so many of us have to consider for many Jap and indie games, as it's basically both in many cases. Those don't count, though, my bad. But I digress. 

It's also a completely false equivalence to compare the fist 2 years of a console to 2 of the twilight years of another. For exclusives only, the Switch has actually had an incredibly impressive first 2 years. Hell, to get BotW (simultaneous release that is objectively better on Switch; we're counting it), Mario Odyssey, and XC2 all within the first year is honestly insane--I'm just picking those three out, but we know there are more than those. My PS4 collected dust for ages after I got it. I play multi-plats on PC and there was very little in the way of exclusives for quite some time. 

There are very compelling points to be made in favor of enhanced and objectively better ports being thrown into the mix to supplement new exclusives and new third party content, but we can sideline that, as neither of us want this to be a page long diatribe lol.

By all means, be as disappointed as you want to be; I just find your reasoning a bit flawed. I hope that games that fit your criteria of what counts as a Switch game start coming down the pipeline soon, as I know that many great ones are announced. If not, Switches go for great money on Facebook marketplace. Maybe you can get out of this barren wasteland of hundreds of games while the getting is good. 

#27115 FlawlesslyFatal   $15 or less CAGiversary!   1701 Posts   Joined 7.5 Years Ago  

FlawlesslyFatal

Posted 04 December 2018 - 11:30 PM

Persona Endless Night Collection is a little bit disappointed, artbook is only a few pages, and all the discs stacking on a single spindle

Sent from my SM-N950U1 using Tapatalk

#27116 nagpo  

Posted 04 December 2018 - 11:41 PM

You have to play multi-plats somewhere. If you don't count those for any platform, then each platform's library would be shockingly tiny. That's a very odd viewpoint. It harkens back to the "Nintendo doesn't get the new games their competitors get!" just now modified to "But I'm not counting all of these, so pretend they don't exist!" The Switch can also serve as a great in between to eliminate the "Vita or PS4" question that so many of us have to consider for many Jap and indie games, as it's basically both in many cases. Those don't count, though, my bad. But I digress. 

It's also a completely false equivalence to compare the fist 2 years of a console to 2 of the twilight years of another. For exclusives only, the Switch has actually had an incredibly impressive first 2 years. Hell, to get BotW (simultaneous release that is objectively better on Switch; we're counting it), Mario Odyssey, and XC2 all within the first year is honestly insane--I'm just picking those three out, but we know there are more than those. My PS4 collected dust for ages after I got it. I play multi-plats on PC and there was very little in the way of exclusives for quite some time. 

There are very compelling points to be made in favor of enhanced and objectively better ports being thrown into the mix to supplement new exclusives and new third party content, but we can sideline that, as neither of us want this to be a page long diatribe lol.

By all means, be as disappointed as you want to be; I just find your reasoning a bit flawed. I hope that games that fit your criteria of what counts as a Switch game start coming down the pipeline soon, as I know that many great ones are announced. If not, Switches go for great money on Facebook marketplace. Maybe you can get out of this barren wasteland of hundreds of games while the getting is good. 

So when I define the variables of my argument as Exclusive new content by nintendo you completely ignore it and broaden the debate to your terms, your definition. Nice job but you fail to actually counter my point on my terms. Because you can't.

#27117 Zaku77   \m/ CAGiversary!   5035 Posts   Joined 10.1 Years Ago  

Posted 04 December 2018 - 11:45 PM

So when I define the variables of my argument as Exclusive new content by nintendo you completely ignore it and broaden the debate to your terms, your definition. Nice job but you fail to actually counter my point on my terms. Because you can't.

"It's also a completely false equivalence to compare the fist 2 years of a console to 2 of the twilight years of another. For exclusives only, the Switch has actually had an incredibly impressive first 2 years. Hell, to get BotW (simultaneous release that is objectively better on Switch; we're counting it), Mario Odyssey, and XC2 all within the first year is honestly insane--I'm just picking those three out, but we know there are more than those. My PS4 collected dust for ages after I got it. I play multi-plats on PC and there was very little in the way of exclusives for quite some time. "

Wanted to make it easier for you because you clearly missed that little part. ^_^

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy S8 using Tapatalk

#27118 Richard Kain   The Kaiser CAGiversary!   2788 Posts   Joined 12.5 Years Ago  

Richard Kain

Posted 05 December 2018 - 12:03 AM

Nice job but you fail to actually counter my point on my terms. Because you can't.

Okay, I'll give this a shot.

Within it's first two years on the market, the more prominent titles released for the PS4 by Sony Interactive Entertainment were...

Killzone: Shadow Fall

Knack

Resogun

Infamous: Second Son

Little Big Planet 3

Bloodbourne

The Order: 1886

Until Dawn

Now, for the list from Nintendo, in the first two years of the Switch...

1-2-Switch

The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild (concurrent launch on Nintendo-exclusive platforms, so it counts)

Snipperclips

Arms

Splatoon 2

Fire Emblem Warriors

Super Mario Odyssey

Xenoblade Chronicles 2

Kirby Star Allies,

Sushi Striker

Mario Tennis Aces

Super Mario Party

Nintendo Labo

I'd say the Switch's selection stacks up pretty well against Sony's first-party offerings in their first two years. It's easy to hand-wave this sort of thing when the PS4 launched in late 2013 and the Switch came out in early 2017. All systems need some time to ramp up their development and publishing. A lot of people crow about how great the PS2's lineup was, conveniently forgetting that for it's entire first year the games on it were garbage. I'd say that Nintendo has actually been rather aggressive in their first-party publishing for the Switch.

#27119 bigstew  

Posted 05 December 2018 - 12:18 AM

Within it's first two years on the market, the more prominent titles released for the PS4 by Sony Interactive Entertainment were...

Killzone: Shadow Fall

Knack

Resogun

Infamous: Second Son

Little Big Planet 3

Bloodbourne

The Order: 1886

Until Dawn

Now, for the list from Nintendo, in the first two years of the Switch...

1-2-Switch

The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild (concurrent launch on Nintendo-exclusive platforms, so it counts)

Snipperclips

Arms

Splatoon 2

Fire Emblem Warriors

Super Mario Odyssey

Xenoblade Chronicles 2

Kirby Star Allies,

Sushi Striker

Mario Tennis Aces

Super Mario Party

Nintendo Labo

I'd say the Switch's selection stacks up pretty well against Sony's first-party offerings in their first two years. It's easy to hand-wave this sort of thing when the PS4 launched in late 2013 and the Switch came out in early 2017. All systems need some time to ramp up their development and publishing. A lot of people crow about how great the PS2's lineup was, conveniently forgetting that for it's entire first year the games on it were garbage. I'd say that Nintendo has actually been rather aggressive in their first-party publishing for the Switch.

well ps2's lineup was entirely hot garbage for its life span has 70% of their games were rehashes/remodels of the same games just different characters as it was more important to put out the same trash in mass numbers than originals/different to compete since sony fanboys arent as intelligent and just point to the numbers not quality or originality as why its the best, massed produced trash seems to be better than quality 

#27120 elessar123  

Posted 05 December 2018 - 12:45 AM

Plus:

MLB: The Show 15 (if you want to count Zelda)

Hohokum

Infamous: First Light

Drive Club

Playroom

Singstar: Ultimate Party

Plus, everyone knows Knack counts as 15 games by itself.