* * * * - 27 votes

Japanese Niche Games Deals & Discussion Thread 4.0

#27301 itzd4n   Dank Lean CAGiversary!   1033 Posts   Joined 8.8 Years Ago  

Posted 19 December 2018 - 03:07 AM

Received my order from iffy sale today. The mousepad for Mei Q and Scroll for Fairy Fencer are separately packed items fyi, and the boxes for the 2 Hakuoki LEs are huge!

#27302 romeogbs19   Henshin A Go-Go Baby! CAGiversary!   2548 Posts   Joined 15.5 Years Ago  

romeogbs19

Posted 19 December 2018 - 03:34 AM

Granblue Fantasy Re Link is the game we all need.

I'm glad an English version has already been confirmed. Day 1

This looks interesting. A PS4 exclusive (allegedly though may be also on PC).

Admit it looks good though it screams JRPG in the more conventional ways. That said, what strikes my fancy is that it's Platinum Games. Honestly, but for that brand on this title I'd be a lot less intrigued.

#27303 bappt   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   755 Posts   Joined 13.8 Years Ago  

Posted 19 December 2018 - 04:36 AM

A Vtuber has already played through nearly 6 hours of Super Neptunia RPG. Only a couple CGs are seen, but the early Neptune with a stick scene is untouched despite the Japanese product page cropping out a panty shot. 

#27304 Starcrest   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   647 Posts   Joined 8.5 Years Ago  

Starcrest

Posted 19 December 2018 - 05:14 AM

A Vtuber has already played through nearly 6 hours of Super Neptunia RPG. Only a couple CGs are seen, but the early Neptune with a stick scene is untouched despite the Japanese product page cropping out a panty shot.

https://www.youtube....h?v=BfoPcEkkvE0

Did you actually watch this whole thing? I don’t know who does that, if I had six hours to spare, I’d rather be playing a game myself. Instead I’m stuck trying to finish work before the holidays.

#27305 bappt   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   755 Posts   Joined 13.8 Years Ago  

Posted 19 December 2018 - 05:40 AM

Did you actually watch this whole thing? I don’t know who does that, if I had six hours to spare, I’d rather be playing a game myself. Instead I’m stuck trying to finish work before the holidays.

Nep Nep is a way of life

#27306 Kaiser499   Gaming Guru CAGiversary!   4037 Posts   Joined 9.9 Years Ago  

Posted 19 December 2018 - 05:42 AM

Did Play-Asia remove the ability to apply discount codes? I don't see the option now when trying to place an order.

#27307 Josef   Touched the dead CAGiversary!   12217 Posts   Joined 15.1 Years Ago  

Posted 19 December 2018 - 05:45 AM

Did Play-Asia remove the ability to apply discount codes? I don't see the option now when trying to place an order.

They did for their Play-Asia exclusives, though I haven't tried buying any of their non-exclusives with a coupon code lately, so they may have removed it from non-exclusive game orders as well.

#27308 bappt   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   755 Posts   Joined 13.8 Years Ago  

Posted 19 December 2018 - 05:46 AM

That would be odd because someone I follow on Youtube started advertising with his own coupon code just last week.

#27309 shadowysea07   Cjenvy I'm ready for you awd this time I'm wearing pants CAGiversary!   4582 Posts   Joined 5.9 Years Ago  

shadowysea07

Posted 19 December 2018 - 05:59 AM

That game definitely looks like it is not for me.  Also the constant noise is god damn annoying as hell.  Did they really think it was necessary for neptune to make a noise every time she jumps and crap in a game with what looks to be heavy platforming?

#27310 roger watersmelon   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   2833 Posts   Joined 8.9 Years Ago  

roger watersmelon

Posted 19 December 2018 - 05:54 PM

Must be nice to have not hit the age where you make a noise every time you jump. Or move.

Edit: There was an old Welcome Back Kotter bit I was hoping to find but I couldn't. It was Mr. Kotter sitting down and going "Oahy... that's my father's noise. I'm making the same sounds he used to make."

#27311 shadowysea07   Cjenvy I'm ready for you awd this time I'm wearing pants CAGiversary!   4582 Posts   Joined 5.9 Years Ago  

shadowysea07

Posted 19 December 2018 - 09:57 PM

Gamefly also has a sale going on.
Yakuza kiwami 2 19.99
Shining resonance refrain ps4 xbox one 14.99
dynasty warriors 9 12.99
south park fractured but whole 12.99
south park stick of truth 6.99
Zone of the Enders: The 2nd Runner MARS 14.99

Stuff I saw combing through gamestops 5$ and under sale page

Pokemon mystery dungeon red rescue team
ff13-3
ff13
ff13-2
mega man battle network 4 blue moon
mega man battle network white version
blue dragon plus
Shin Megami Tensei Devil Survivor 2
tales of Dawn of the new world Knight of ratatosk
killer is dead 
puzzle de harvest moon
glory of heracles
final fantasy crystal chronicles 
valkyria chronicles 1 ps3
mario golf toadstool tour
super mario advance
dragonballz legacy of goku 2
blazblu chrono phantasma ps3
yugioh the falsebound kingdom
one piece unlimited world red ps3
ragnarok odyssey psvita
murdered soul suspect xbox one
enchanted arms xbox 360
elite beat agents ds
mad world wii
enslaved odyssey to the west ps3 360
blazblue calamity trigger ps3
blazblue continuum shift extend xbox360 ps3
monster hunter world tri wii
final fantasy the crystal chronicles the crystal bearers wii
zone of the enders hd collection 360
infinite undiscovery
star ocean 4 the last hope 360
last remnant 
South park stick of truth
trinity universe

More than 5$

resonance of fate 6.99
blue dragon 9.99
lost odyssey 9.99
magna carta 2 7.99
kh hd 1.5 remix ps3 5.99

#27312 nitrosmob   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   9212 Posts   Joined 12.7 Years Ago  

Posted 19 December 2018 - 10:30 PM

The white hurts my eyes!!!!!!!

#27313 hostyl1   Rejoice commoners! CAGiversary!   2921 Posts   Joined 13.4 Years Ago  

Posted 19 December 2018 - 10:32 PM

A copy and "paste as plain text" would go a long way here.

#27314 denpanosekai  

denpanosekai

Posted 19 December 2018 - 11:11 PM

CTRL+Shift+V ?

#27315 elessar123  

Posted 20 December 2018 - 12:41 AM

The white hurts my eyes!!!!!!!

Just curious, are you going to the Red Velvet concert?

#27316 nitrosmob   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   9212 Posts   Joined 12.7 Years Ago  

Posted 20 December 2018 - 02:12 PM

Just curious, are you going to the Red Velvet concert?

Yes I am....if you're curious my user name is the same on reddit. Also going to the Oh My Girl concert in Houston.

#27317 Thermopyle  

Posted 20 December 2018 - 02:41 PM

Neat.

#27318 nitrosmob   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   9212 Posts   Joined 12.7 Years Ago  

Posted 20 December 2018 - 02:59 PM

That's cool.

#27319 deadofnight   CAG in Training CAGiversary!   901 Posts   Joined 6.1 Years Ago  

deadofnight

Posted 20 December 2018 - 06:38 PM

Joker having Catherine nightmares? Harem route confirmed canon.

#27320 umbry   PokePro CAGiversary!   1661 Posts   Joined 6.1 Years Ago  

Posted 20 December 2018 - 07:37 PM

So figured this would be the best place to ask.

I wanna start playing the Atelier games again as I know I loved them in the PS2/3 days when they had the cool collector's edition version.

Do all the games have the time limits and what are those like. You have to race and do everything or its not that bad.

Also, should I start with the switch version Atelier Lydie and Suelle? or go old skool with the oG three they just released on switch for digital release.

Any help would be awesome. Also, what are some other world-building games kinda like these on switch?

Thinking of getting Lil Dragons cafe too

#27321 Starcrest   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   647 Posts   Joined 8.5 Years Ago  

Starcrest

Posted 20 December 2018 - 07:51 PM

So figured this would be the best place to ask.
I wanna start playing the Atelier games again as I know I loved them in the PS2/3 days when they had the cool collector's edition version.
Do all the games have the time limits and what are those like. You have to race and do everything or its not that bad.

Also, should I start with the switch version Atelier Lydie and Suelle? or go old skool with the oG three they just released on switch for digital release.

Any help would be awesome. Also, what are some other world-building games kinda like these on switch?
Thinking of getting Lil Dragons cafe too

I was very disappointed with Dragon Cafe, couldn’t play more then ten hours.

The Rorona trilogy has doable but somewhat tight deadlines. It’s probably the most controversial set, because it’s pretty much impossible to see all the events without a guide, and some people don’t like the deadlines at all. I personally enjoyed it though.

The atelier series removed the deadlines during the dusk trilogy, and I found those games quite dull. In the first one, I constantly found myself sleeping for weeks to advance the story after easily completing the bingo board of challenges with time to kill, so it’s just as well they removed it.

The mystery trilogy brought back the deadlines in the second game (Faris) but it’s quite generous and allows infinite free time after finishing the first half. Sophie was ok, but I found Faris to be a great revival of the series and am looking forward to L&S.

I have them all on PS, so I can’t speak to the switch versions, but these games aren’t too demanding so I would expect the switch to handle them fine.

#27322 shadowysea07   Cjenvy I'm ready for you awd this time I'm wearing pants CAGiversary!   4582 Posts   Joined 5.9 Years Ago  

shadowysea07

Posted 20 December 2018 - 07:53 PM

I will try to remember that for next time.

#27323 umbry   PokePro CAGiversary!   1661 Posts   Joined 6.1 Years Ago  

Posted 20 December 2018 - 08:04 PM

I was very disappointed with Dragon Cafe, couldn’t play more then ten hours.

The Rorona trilogy has doable but somewhat tight deadlines. It’s probably the most controversial set, because it’s pretty much impossible to see all the events without a guide, and some people don’t like the deadlines at all. I personally enjoyed it though.

The atelier series removed the deadlines during the dusk trilogy, and I found those games quite dull. In the first one, I constantly found myself sleeping for weeks to advance the story after easily completing the bingo board of challenges with time to kill, so it’s just as well they removed it.

The mystery trilogy brought back the deadlines in the second game (Faris) but it’s quite generous and allows infinite free time after finishing the first half. Sophie was ok, but I found Faris to be a great revival of the series and am looking forward to L&S.

I have them all on PS, so I can’t speak to the switch versions, but these games aren’t too demanding so I would expect the switch to handle them fine.

Thanks for the input.

I have too many games on the console right now (Subnautica, Fallout 76, Red Dead 2, Assassin's Creed and Fortnite.

But I am looking for games to play on my switch beside like Zelda and Pokemon.

I want more world building games on my switch and wanted to try the Dragons Cafe and Atelier series.

Lydelle and Suelle is the only switch physical release. I think I will get that as I do not like strict timelines as I like to explore and see the world.

#27324 bappt   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   755 Posts   Joined 13.8 Years Ago  

Posted 20 December 2018 - 10:03 PM

L&S is a good choice. Even though it's the third in the Mysterious series, the story isn't connected to any other game's plots. The previous characters trickle in and you see some resolutions to their stories, but it's told from the point of view of the twins. 

#27325 shadowysea07   Cjenvy I'm ready for you awd this time I'm wearing pants CAGiversary!   4582 Posts   Joined 5.9 Years Ago  

shadowysea07

Posted 20 December 2018 - 11:23 PM

Though you have to lower expectations as the later ateliers lack english voice work.  Granted its not like the games had much to begin with.

#27326 Kaiser499   Gaming Guru CAGiversary!   4037 Posts   Joined 9.9 Years Ago  

Posted 21 December 2018 - 12:54 PM

Just a heads up, Digimon Story Cyber Sleuth was pulled from PSN. Can expect physical copies to start raising in price now.

#27327 Tothoro  

Posted 21 December 2018 - 01:44 PM

Just a heads up, Digimon Story Cyber Sleuth was pulled from PSN. Can expect physical copies to start raising in price now.

The Asian-English Vita copy is already ridiculously hard to find and expensive, so it will be interesting to see what happens there.

#27328 shadowysea07   Cjenvy I'm ready for you awd this time I'm wearing pants CAGiversary!   4582 Posts   Joined 5.9 Years Ago  

shadowysea07

Posted 21 December 2018 - 03:25 PM

Oh I own that one.  How much is it going for? Not that I would part with it.  I seem to have a habit of buying games that end up really rare and expensive. like the 7 .hack titles or suikoden 2.

#27329 Tothoro  

Posted 21 December 2018 - 03:29 PM

Oh I own that one.  How much is it going for?  I seem to have a habit of buying games that end up really rare and expensive.

Recently about $80-$100, but a lot of the sales were from Singapore/Malaysia and people are usually willing to pay a little more of a premium when something is shipped from the US (lower wait time, better tracking, etc.).

#27330 fujishig   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   937 Posts   Joined 15.3 Years Ago  

fujishig

Posted 21 December 2018 - 03:59 PM

Wait, why would they remove it?