* * * * - 27 votes

Japanese Niche Games Deals & Discussion Thread 4.0

#27361 Dead_Batteries   Voltaic Pile CAGiversary!   1092 Posts   Joined 8.0 Years Ago  

Dead_Batteries

Posted 24 December 2018 - 03:06 AM

If anyone likes music boxes and/or Nier Automata, Amiami has it up for preorder.

I didn't realize this was going to released outside of the concert so the Kaine/Salvation one is sold out :fridge:

NieR: Automata Music Box <Weight of the World> 1,370JPY ($12.33)

#27362 AugustAPC   Not For Sale CAGiversary!   3561 Posts   Joined 8.5 Years Ago  

Posted 24 December 2018 - 03:18 AM

I wonder what would happen in Microsoft swooped in and made some big announcement denouncing censorship and how it stifles creative freedom, then promising to bolster their library with more niche, international titles.

Kinda like how Sony kicked Microsoft in the teeth when they announced that their system wouldn't be online-only and would play used games.

I know Nintendo is being looked at as the new hope for estranged fans of niche, Japanese titles, but their console isn't nearly as powerful as Xbox and PS4. DOAX3 Scarlet is much better on the Switch, in terms of content and lack of censorship, but it runs at a lower resolution and half the frame-rate. Microsoft could offer the complete package for titles like that.

How would you guys react?

#27363 The Dead Texan   Rest in Peace, Big Rizzle CAGiversary!   3802 Posts   Joined 10.2 Years Ago  

The Dead Texan

Posted 24 December 2018 - 03:21 AM

I'd fully jump ship, but it's never gonna happen. The sales for Xbox in Japan are all but nonexistent. It's hard enough for Microsoft to get exclusive content in the West, it'll be near impossible to do it in Japan. 

I don't mind the middling power of the Switch since a lot of these niche titles are hardly graphical powerhouses to begin with. VNs and JRPGs don't need 4K HDR. 

#27364 pjmomo   CAG in Training CAGiversary!   252 Posts   Joined 6.3 Years Ago  

Posted 24 December 2018 - 04:19 AM

unless microsoft has an amazing library ahead of them, i'd stick with nintendo and pc. at least on pc you can mod things back in.

as for sony's decision on censorship, the ps4 might be the last playstation console i own.

#27365 deadofnight   CAG in Training CAGiversary!   889 Posts   Joined 6.0 Years Ago  

deadofnight

Posted 24 December 2018 - 05:49 AM

Oh my God, after just six loot boxes I got Mercy's new event skin. I hadn't played Overwatch all week, but I said, what the hell, getting wins in Yeti Hunter is easy.

In the Halloween event I got Pharah's skin in seven loot boxes. Why couldn't my luck be this awesome when I was regularly playing the game?

#27366 roger watersmelon   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   2822 Posts   Joined 8.9 Years Ago  

roger watersmelon

Posted 24 December 2018 - 07:04 AM

When they remake The Obsolete Man it's gonna be about Videogames.  The government will be burning our Steam accounts, Burgess Meredith will be swearing on a Gamecube instead of a bible, it'll be great.

I just wanted to take a second to say that this is a great episode and I love the reference. It's one of my favorites.

If anyone is actually curious, I'd probably say my favorite episode of The Twilight Zone is Will The Real Martian Please Stand Up.

#27367 The Dead Texan   Rest in Peace, Big Rizzle CAGiversary!   3802 Posts   Joined 10.2 Years Ago  

The Dead Texan

Posted 24 December 2018 - 07:58 AM

I just wanted to take a second to say that this is a great episode and I love the reference. It's one of my favorites.

If anyone is actually curious, I'd probably say my favorite episode of The Twilight Zone is Will The Real Martian Please Stand Up.

The Monsters are Due on Maple Street is my favorite. Others in no particular order:

Walking Distance

The Old Man in the Cave

The Masks

Living Doll

The Rip Van Winkle Caper

The Odyssey of Flight 33

On Thursday We Leave for Home

An Occurrence at Owl Creek Bridge

#27368 JCAll   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   1985 Posts   Joined 11.2 Years Ago  

Posted 24 December 2018 - 08:14 AM

The Monsters are Due on Maple Street is my favorite Twilight Zone episode as well. 

That ending is just too perfect.

#27369 AugustAPC   Not For Sale CAGiversary!   3561 Posts   Joined 8.5 Years Ago  

Posted 24 December 2018 - 09:14 AM

I don't know if I can pick a favorite TZ episode, but it's probably my favorite show of all time. Some of my favorites are:

The Monsters are Due on Maple Street
Nick of Time
What You Need
The Shelter
The Little People
A Most Unusual Camera
It's a Good Life
To Serve Man
Five Characters in Search of an Exit

... I could go on. Just can't resist chiming in whenever Twilight Zone is brought up.

#27370 chrislaustin   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   6945 Posts   Joined 13.2 Years Ago  

chrislaustin

Posted 24 December 2018 - 11:47 AM

Uh oh, what can of worms did I open? LOL

To many great episodes, and many of my favs have already been mentioned, so I'll try to throw some in that aren't as popular as some others, but very good all the same(in no particular order).

Two

A Nice Place To Visit

Where Is Everybody?

A Passage For A Trumpet

The Howling Man

Nothing In The Dark

Perchance To Dream

The Masks might be my personal fav, but the Hitch-Hiker, Eye Of The Beholder and so many others could also make my top 5, 10 or even 50 list. While they are some duds across the seasons, the TZ always had amazing acting, that always brought a level of joy, even when some of the stories may not have been the best. One of TV's finest offerings over the years, no question.

#27371 Josef   Touched the dead CAGiversary!   12117 Posts   Joined 15.0 Years Ago  

Posted 24 December 2018 - 03:49 PM

Saw a couple of OK Amazon deals on the CAG front page:

SNK Heroines: Tag Team Frenzy (Switch) - $22.04

https://www.amazon.c...ds=snk heroines

Punchline (PS4) - $22.99

https://www.amazon.c...words=punchline

For both these are at or near all time lows on Amazon (but they have been dropping and could go lower).  I would suggest ordering with the delayed shipping as you might be able to cancel and reorder if they go much lower. I have been able to do that before, but Amazon will usually catch on to what I am doing in a little bit and eventually send the stuff right away no matter how delayed I pick the shipping to be.

#27372 motaku96   CAG in Training CAGiversary!   1889 Posts   Joined 6.1 Years Ago  

Posted 24 December 2018 - 06:23 PM

Indiegala Freebie(DRM free): Mahjong strip solitaire

#27373 roger watersmelon   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   2822 Posts   Joined 8.9 Years Ago  

roger watersmelon

Posted 24 December 2018 - 07:08 PM

The nice thing about The Twilight Zone is that any episode someone mentions as one of their favorites you can usually go "oh yeah, that IS a good one." I think the only way you can be blatantly "wrong" would be if you said something like "The only good season is the hour long episodes from Season 4." :D

My list (sorry non-TZ fans, it's just that time of year when at least one channel runs a marathon and it's fresh on my mind).
Spoiler

#27374 Starcrest   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   643 Posts   Joined 8.4 Years Ago  

Starcrest

Posted 24 December 2018 - 07:33 PM

I was just at a GameStop, on the back wall was a PS4 Fate Extella new/sealed for 20. Online its 30, so not sure if that was a price mistake or it was really used or what.
Dunno if that info helps anyone.

#27375 Vigilante   The Deal Is Already Dead CAGiversary!   36940 Posts   Joined 13.5 Years Ago  

Posted 24 December 2018 - 08:16 PM

Per the CAG Twitter, FotNS: Lost Paradise is $19.99 on Amazon, the lowest it's been anywhere: https://www.amazon.c...4/dp/B07DJ3ZXZM

Amazon usually matches other retailers and has no deals of its own, but I can't find who they're matching with this deal. :-k

#27376 EdJericho   2.5D Seiyuu Fanboy CAGiversary!   823 Posts   Joined 5.8 Years Ago  

Posted 24 December 2018 - 09:30 PM

S3g1tg4.gif

Edit:

Just a heads up the 5 Christmas Loot Boxes are now available if you login to Overwatch. Here's also a Holiday short they released last week.

#27377 NeoMonk  

Posted 25 December 2018 - 05:58 AM

Merry-Xmas.jpg

#27378 roger watersmelon   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   2822 Posts   Joined 8.9 Years Ago  

roger watersmelon

Posted 25 December 2018 - 06:07 AM

Merry Christmas!

MV5BMWY4ODdmZTItMDJkNC00NjEzLWFjNjktMjU3

#27379 hostyl1   Rejoice commoners! CAGiversary!   2906 Posts   Joined 13.3 Years Ago  

Posted 25 December 2018 - 01:29 PM

#27380 chrislaustin   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   6945 Posts   Joined 13.2 Years Ago  

chrislaustin

Posted 25 December 2018 - 01:38 PM

giphy.gif?cid=3640f6095c22326a4f63736f63

Merry Christmas Bitches!

#27381 Kaiser499   Gaming Guru CAGiversary!   4019 Posts   Joined 9.8 Years Ago  

Posted 25 December 2018 - 01:40 PM

S3g1tg4.gif

Edit:

Just a heads up the 5 Christmas Loot Boxes are now available if you login to Overwatch. Here's also a Holiday short they released last week.

OAYsj0V.gif

#27382 The Dead Texan   Rest in Peace, Big Rizzle CAGiversary!   3802 Posts   Joined 10.2 Years Ago  

The Dead Texan

Posted 25 December 2018 - 08:16 PM

Wish you and your families all the best

#27383 DarthPwner  

Posted 25 December 2018 - 11:07 PM

Steins;Gate Divergencies Assort Collection Announced for Nintendo Switch

https://twinfinite.n...-assort-switch/

#27384 nitrosmob   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   9166 Posts   Joined 12.6 Years Ago  

Posted 26 December 2018 - 09:55 PM

I've been on vacation and still am but here is about 2 weeks worth of visual novel news. I will be completing If You Love Me, Than Say So likely shortly after the new year and will try to do a review. So far very, very average.

Sweet Pool from Jast USA was released. It's a BL kind of dark looking VN. I'm not much into the genre, but this might have some interesting stuff in it. Also it's from Nitro+, so I will likely play a version in the future. Also censored version is on Steam.

VNDB (NSFW)

Jast USA (NSFW)

Steam

Some announcements:

- Nekonyansoft announced 2 new games.

Senren * Banka from Yuzusoft (VNDB NSFW)

Making * Lovers by Smee (VNDB NSFW)

NekoNyansoft announcement blog (NSFW)

Senren * Banka was announced by Sekai Project before, but it didn't work out and now NekoNyansoft is working on it. This one is about a guy and takes place in a remote village known for their hot springs. He breaks a divine sword and now needs to marry the priestess and high jinks ensue. It looks fun and is an easy play for me being long and likely high quality.

Making * Lovers is a game about an older guy who was always waiting for the perfect girl and relationship. He agrees to go on a blind date and his adult dating life begins. Honestly this looks pretty good. Most of the characters are working at jobs and trying to find love. Sounds somewhat realistic for one of these type of games. Easy purchase for me.

Also be sure to pre-order their January release Hello, Goodbye Link (NSFW) because you get the soundtrack and a slight discount. This is banned from Steam, so support this company. They deserve it, plus DRM Free.

- Fakku announced Oral Lessons with Chii-Chan. A pretty obviously named eroge. She is a Gyaru. That's about all i'll say.

VNDB (NSFW)

- A translation patch was released by WatashiTL for My girlfriend gets aroused watching me have s*x with another girl. If that's not the most obvious title for anything, I don't know what is.

VNDB (NSFW)

Very excited for the NekoNyansoft announcements. They are doing high quality work with high quality titles. 

#27385 dragonx   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   38 Posts   Joined 14.3 Years Ago  

Posted 26 December 2018 - 11:18 PM

Sweet Pool from Jast USA was released.

Would be nice if they could release Outlaw Django. I may be wrong but I think it's been like 10 years since they announced the license for that game...

#27386 nitrosmob   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   9166 Posts   Joined 12.6 Years Ago  

Posted 26 December 2018 - 11:29 PM

I believe that and Sumaga may have engine issues on Windows 10. Maybe we get a release someday? I was highly looking forward to both of them as well.

#27387 dragonx   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   38 Posts   Joined 14.3 Years Ago  

Posted 27 December 2018 - 05:07 AM

Last I checked a JAST rep said that they're planning on having it done by 2020. Not sure if he was serious or joking though...

#27388 Dead_Batteries   Voltaic Pile CAGiversary!   1092 Posts   Joined 8.0 Years Ago  

Dead_Batteries

Posted 30 December 2018 - 08:37 AM

Bestbuy 

figma Tracer $18.84

Nendoroid Tracer $13.64

#27389 bappt   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   741 Posts   Joined 13.7 Years Ago  

Posted 30 December 2018 - 04:16 PM

www.p5r.jp

More Persona 5 projects inbound.

#27390 shadowysea07   Cjenvy I'm ready for you awd this time I'm wearing pants CAGiversary!   4546 Posts   Joined 5.8 Years Ago  

shadowysea07

Posted 30 December 2018 - 04:20 PM

making progress as I play pokemon yellow switch eevee version.  Just caught a chancey in the diglet tunnel which was weird.  Got the arcanine from the girl in vermilion for five meowths.  Next is erika.

so5 faithlessness and lack of integrity I got anne and emmerson and just got victor back and now I am in the ice covered mountain area.  So far the women are all awful.  Anne remains as the only hope for a decent one.   I really hate miki both design and character wise.  Her face is just really off.  And her personality is that of a brat and bitch.