* * * * - 27 votes

Japanese Niche Games Deals & Discussion Thread 4.0

#27421 Nothing-   Tomorrow King - Interloper Kai CAGiversary!   7745 Posts   Joined 7.3 Years Ago  

Posted 10 January 2019 - 05:33 PM

don't forget your daki

that's your wife, man

#27422 nitrosmob   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   9043 Posts   Joined 12.5 Years Ago  

Posted 10 January 2019 - 05:38 PM

That's likely my Miku figure collection haha. Also got her dollfie with a few outfits.

#27423 Killbomb   The Misanthrope CAGiversary!   3535 Posts   Joined 10.1 Years Ago  

Posted 10 January 2019 - 06:17 PM

Personally, I want to support Bandai-Namco finally giving us the expanded version of ToV after all these years, plus I can play it on a non-Microsoft console. I'm going to play it with Japanese voices (another addition I'm thankful to Bamco for), so the scenes where Troy Baker was replaced won't affect me.

I do want to support them as well so we continue getting Tales games in the West. Decided to go ahead and get it now even though I still have my 360 copy. Doubt I get the Plat but I should be able to finish the story and new content before RE2 and KH3. Don't remember much about the game since I haven't played in over 10 years so it will almost be like a new experience. :D

#27424 Zaku77   \m/ CAGiversary!   4745 Posts   Joined 9.1 Years Ago  

Posted 10 January 2019 - 06:43 PM

I do want to support them as well so we continue getting Tales games in the West. Decided to go ahead and get it now even though I still have my 360 copy. Doubt I get the Plat but I should be able to finish the story and new content before RE2 and KH3. Don't remember much about the game since I haven't played in over 10 years so it will almost be like a new experience. :D

It's a fairly difficult platinum with a lot to do. While some of it is fairly grindy (TIDAL WAVE BLAH BLAH BLAH!) a lot of it is also pretty fun and feels good to complete. This game is much more enjoyable to 100% than any of the games that have followed. Some of those secret missions, though, man...

#27425 bappt   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   703 Posts   Joined 13.5 Years Ago  

Posted 10 January 2019 - 06:50 PM

I noticed last night that Best Buy is down to store pickup only on Senran Kagura Burst Renewal At The Seams edition. It's $79.99 but works with GCU to make it $63.99. The main thing over the $49.99 ($39.99 GCU) Tailor Made edition is a set of keychains and the box. The Digital version of Tailor Made comes with about $10 in extras like a theme and some costumes that are timed exclusives.

As soon as I preordered the next available copy was 90 miles away.

#27426 Nothing-   Tomorrow King - Interloper Kai CAGiversary!   7745 Posts   Joined 7.3 Years Ago  

Posted 10 January 2019 - 07:19 PM

I noticed last night that Best Buy is down to store pickup only on Senran Kagura Burst Renewal At The Seams edition. It's $79.99 but works with GCU to make it $63.99. The main thing over the $49.99 ($39.99 GCU) Tailor Made edition is a set of keychains and the box. The Digital version of Tailor Made comes with about $10 in extras like a theme and some costumes that are timed exclusives.

As soon as I preordered the next available copy was 90 miles away.

Isn't this the game that everyone is avoiding because the cartoons are less naked?

#27427 Olengie   Your Waifu is Kuso. Except Mine CAGiversary!   11611 Posts   Joined 6.5 Years Ago  

Posted 10 January 2019 - 07:22 PM

I am torn over getting ToV: Definitive. I loved the game when I played it on 360 but $50 ($40 after GCU) seems a little steep for the new stuff they're offering. The mismatched English voice acting can be jarring as well from what I've read.

buy itttt

#27428 bappt   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   703 Posts   Joined 13.5 Years Ago  

Posted 10 January 2019 - 08:54 PM

Isn't this the game that everyone is avoiding because the cartoons are less naked?

The feature known as intimacy mode was removed from the PS4 release. It's a dressing room feature where the player can use virtual hands to grope the characters until a heart meter fills up, at which point grabbing their hands initiate a kiss. Pretty much in line with the other game content Sony has been blocking recently.

#27429 Nothing-   Tomorrow King - Interloper Kai CAGiversary!   7745 Posts   Joined 7.3 Years Ago  

Posted 10 January 2019 - 09:46 PM

The feature known as intimacy mode was removed from the PS4 release. It's a dressing room feature where the player can use virtual hands to grope the characters until a heart meter fills up, at which point grabbing their hands initiate a kiss. Pretty much in line with the other game content Sony has been blocking recently.

Well if I can't forcibly grope women then I don't want to play it either!

#27430 Zaku77   \m/ CAGiversary!   4745 Posts   Joined 9.1 Years Ago  

Posted 10 January 2019 - 09:48 PM

Well if I can't forcibly grope women then I don't want to play it either!

What if I told you they liked it?

#27431 Katsumi   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   1526 Posts   Joined 8.9 Years Ago  

Posted 10 January 2019 - 09:59 PM

I wish I had friends to co-op this. My friends will likely be a beer and some random plush I have there.

Nothing wrong with a good drink! :) It helps that my sibling still lives close by and is a Tales fan. It sounds like Bandai might not  stream / share play block this title, so I wonder if share play on the PS4 would be any decent?

#27432 Dead_Batteries   Voltaic Pile CAGiversary!   1077 Posts   Joined 7.8 Years Ago  

Dead_Batteries

Posted 10 January 2019 - 10:52 PM

I wish I had friends to co-op this. My friends will likely be a beer and some random plush I have there.

Could just start a party chat and play at the same time with people here. But don't let Nothing and his daki stop ya.

#27433 shadowysea07   Cjenvy I'm ready for you awd this time I'm wearing pants CAGiversary!   4440 Posts   Joined 5.7 Years Ago  

shadowysea07

Posted 10 January 2019 - 11:31 PM

It's a fairly difficult platinum with a lot to do. While some of it is fairly grindy (TIDAL WAVE BLAH BLAH BLAH!) a lot of it is also pretty fun and feels good to complete. This game is much more enjoyable to 100% than any of the games that have followed. Some of those secret missions, though, man...

damn yeager and the ma missions.  oh and the second one for zagi.  only way I found to do that one was activate over limit while zagi was overhead at just the right time.  flynns use all moves one was so stupid since you are at the complete mercy of rng.

#27434 Tothoro  

Posted 11 January 2019 - 12:37 AM

I completed it on the 360. It wasn't so much difficult as it was grindy, but it was a good enough game that I didn't mind at all. I can't speak for what the DE content will add to the challenge (there are more titles and costumes), but on another forum someone mentioned the secret missions aren't miss-able in the DE. If that's true then it's a lot less stressful.

#27435 Starcrest   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   627 Posts   Joined 8.2 Years Ago  

Starcrest

Posted 11 January 2019 - 03:42 AM

I have only played the base original ToV on Xbox. I know I got the full 1000, but don’t remember it being hard, just time consuming. I think it needed 2.5 playthroughs.

Graces F was the really hard one, I didn’t even bother to try and platinum that.

#27436 shadowysea07   Cjenvy I'm ready for you awd this time I'm wearing pants CAGiversary!   4440 Posts   Joined 5.7 Years Ago  

shadowysea07

Posted 11 January 2019 - 03:57 AM

I have only played the base original ToV on Xbox. I know I got the full 1000, but don’t remember it being hard, just time consuming. I think it needed 2.5 playthroughs.

Graces F was the really hard one, I didn’t even bother to try and platinum that.

Well yeah without a guide the item and monster collector alone will make things take a while.  Plus there's the low level one which requires beating part 1 under level 15 iirc, speed run and max level achievements iirc. So for the low level and speed run ones that would be another 2 separate playthrough files though in the formers case you would only need to beat part 1.

Vesperia is the only title I bothered to get item collector in besides berseria.  Vesperia was significantly less grindy to do so but did require following a guide since there are multiple missables.  Rita has a timed piece of equipment in heliord or whatever the waterfall city was and that screwed me as I had judiths spear and every other piece of equipment on my second playthrough but that one.  That shitty little piece of equipment. 

#27437 BlackRockWaifu   Advocate for the Black Friday Champion Fredyyy CAGiversary!   2966 Posts   Joined 5.3 Years Ago  

BlackRockWaifu

Posted 11 January 2019 - 05:49 PM

Sorry, kinda random but I've had the Caligula Effect Asia CE for a while, and decided to do an unboxing for it. Sorry if I sound like I am doing a school presentation. Anyway, I tried to do one of those no-BS ones, and all I really do is show and talk about the CE here as fast as I could, to keep it under 3 minutes. Thanks for watching!

I'll probably be streaming the game on my Twitch channel soon too.

Spoiler

#27438 Nothing-   Tomorrow King - Interloper Kai CAGiversary!   7745 Posts   Joined 7.3 Years Ago  

Posted 11 January 2019 - 05:59 PM

Well done, BRW.   That's exactly how you do an unboxing video.

steelbook + cd soundtrack +art book, that's the build of a perfect collector's edition imo.

#27439 Markmallow  

Markmallow

Posted 11 January 2019 - 06:31 PM

Great unboxing video, BRW. Straight to the point, showed every item off well, and wasn’t 10-15 minutes long like I’ve seen other unboxing videos do.

That is a very nice collector’s edition. I’m not really into steelbooks, but that one is awesome! Probably one of the best steelbooks I’ve ever seen.

#27440 Midori Monkey  

Midori Monkey

Posted 11 January 2019 - 07:23 PM

Awesome unboxing BRW!!!

That's a really awesome CE.  Pretty much perfect imo.  

#27441 ARsignal11   Pirate King CAGiversary!   635 Posts   Joined 6.7 Years Ago  

ARsignal11

Posted 11 January 2019 - 08:50 PM

Sorry, kinda random but I've had the Caligula Effect Asia CE for a while, and decided to do an unboxing for it. Sorry if I sound like I am doing a school presentation. Anyway, I tried to do one of those no-BS ones, and all I really do is show and talk about the CE here as fast as I could, to keep it under 3 minutes. Thanks for watching!

I'll probably be streaming the game on my Twitch channel soon too.

Spoiler

Looks amazing! Would love to hear your thoughts of the game when you've played enough to formulate an opinion. I've bee eyeing to get this on my Switch when it releases later this year, but haven't seen many reviews of Overdose (only the original). 

#27442 vic_x51   World Warrior CAGiversary!   2132 Posts   Joined 10.7 Years Ago  

Posted 11 January 2019 - 09:07 PM

Best unboxing ever, 5 stars, would watch again! :p

the fact that there isn't a steelbook in the usa release is really making me want to import.

#27443 denpanosekai  

denpanosekai

Posted 11 January 2019 - 11:41 PM

I wonder if NISA will be using the same translation as this. I like the format both the box and your video. Great job.

#27444 gospelman   Irreducibly Complex CAGiversary!   1559 Posts   Joined 9.4 Years Ago  

Posted 12 January 2019 - 03:45 AM

Anyone have opinions on the Operation Abyss / Babel games?  Debating the purchases before the psn sale ends in a few days.  I assume they're going to be like Demon Gaze?

..trying to divert my bitterness that my amz preorder of Vesperia won't be arriving until tuesday. 

#27445 EdJericho   2.5D Seiyuu Fanboy CAGiversary!   820 Posts   Joined 5.6 Years Ago  

Posted 12 January 2019 - 03:14 PM

Anyway, I tried to do one of those no-BS ones

H3p31iJ.gif

Stick with what you do best.

#27446 superxgaga   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   286 Posts   Joined 6.5 Years Ago  

superxgaga

Posted 12 January 2019 - 05:24 PM

Anyone have opinions on the Operation Abyss / Babel games? Debating the purchases before the psn sale ends in a few days. I assume they're going to be like Demon Gaze?

..trying to divert my bitterness that my amz preorder of Vesperia won't be arriving until tuesday.

Babel is more polished than abyss. I personally think those 2 are lower middle tier Drpg for vita, not horrible like mind zero, but not as good as demon gaze 1 or 2.

#27447 SPORK94  

Posted 13 January 2019 - 01:19 PM

Anyone have opinions on the Operation Abyss / Babel games?  Debating the purchases before the psn sale ends in a few days.  I assume they're going to be like Demon Gaze?

It is made by Experience Inc so yes. But expect dubs only since they could only fit one audio track.

#27448 gospelman   Irreducibly Complex CAGiversary!   1559 Posts   Joined 9.4 Years Ago  

Posted 13 January 2019 - 01:54 PM

In case anyone else was wondering..  there are two free dlc packs for Vesperia which are available on all platforms but do not show on the game's eshop page.  However right now you can manually search for them and add them to your account, even if you're like me and are still waiting on a shipment to arrive.

#27449 Souffrir   Eternally Training CAG CAGiversary!   4174 Posts   Joined 6.1 Years Ago  

Posted 13 January 2019 - 07:13 PM

there are two free dlc packs for Vesperia which are available on all platforms

So I could download them on my 360?

#27450 shadowysea07   Cjenvy I'm ready for you awd this time I'm wearing pants CAGiversary!   4440 Posts   Joined 5.7 Years Ago  

shadowysea07

Posted 13 January 2019 - 07:21 PM

So I could download them on my 360?

vesperia 360 has 3 or 4 free dlc sets.  maybe more as I remember trial skill packs for yuri and estelle, item set and I think a synthesis set.  Trial skill sets are nice since you can equip them right away for recover and item thrower access which you would have to learn off equipment otherwise.