* * * * - 29 votes

Japanese Niche Games Deals & Discussion Thread 4.0

#27601 keyblader1985   Wait, what? CAGiversary!   3629 Posts   Joined 7.6 Years Ago  

keyblader1985

Posted 24 January 2019 - 03:06 AM

I'm all on board, but I'm just saying it's not easy. Especially in cases where the game is an exclusive and can't be found on other platforms; not buying it just means the game doesn't sell at all, which hurts the developers.

#27602 deadofnight   CAG in Training CAGiversary!   985 Posts   Joined 7.6 Years Ago  

deadofnight

Posted 24 January 2019 - 04:50 AM

I just saw the Overwatch skins for the new event. I'm pretty sure this is the first Tracer skin where she isn't wearing some sort of eye wear.

#27603 G_x51   World Warrior CAGiversary!   2535 Posts   Joined 12.3 Years Ago  

Posted 24 January 2019 - 09:48 AM

Moero Crystal?

ya idk what's up with the number 3 since chronicles is considered the 2nd game and crystal the 3rd game but it looks like a upgrade of chronicles and not crystal on the switch.
Kinda sucks since i already imported the Asian copy of chronicles on vita and i much rather have an English version of crystal or the pirates game on switch.

#27604 lutz   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   1464 Posts   Joined 14.9 Years Ago  

Posted 24 January 2019 - 02:25 PM

I'm all on board, but I'm just saying it's not easy. Especially in cases where the game is an exclusive and can't be found on other platforms; not buying it just means the game doesn't sell at all, which hurts the developers.

But you were advocating for the PS4 version when there's a steam version as well. While it's unfortunate that the developer was basically bullied by Sony to censor their version, the Steam version will be the full version. As long as you buy a version, it's not going to hurt the developer and send a message.

The age of anime style games being exclusive to Sony is basically over, since they are screwing the smaller developers on multiple levels (example, now that Sony Headquarters is exclusively in California, Japanese developers have to discuss any issues on American time zone and speak fluent English. Also decisions are made by Americans, even for the Japanese market). 

#27605 bappt   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   937 Posts   Joined 15.2 Years Ago  

Posted 24 January 2019 - 03:36 PM

If you are going to buy the Moe Chronicles game on Switch, I suggest you do it before the 1/31 launch in Japan as it's 30% off until launch, then 20% off post launch.

Really they are testing the waters for Switch, just like Fairy Fencer F is their test on North American Switch units.

#27606 keyblader1985   Wait, what? CAGiversary!   3629 Posts   Joined 7.6 Years Ago  

keyblader1985

Posted 24 January 2019 - 04:55 PM

But you were advocating for the PS4 version when there's a steam version as well.

I wasn't "advocating" anything.. you asked a question about the PS4 version and I answered.

#27607 lutz   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   1464 Posts   Joined 14.9 Years Ago  

Posted 24 January 2019 - 06:23 PM

Fair enough, my bad.

It felt like you were implying the PS4 version was the only version and by not buying that version it would hurt the developer (towards my comments, I'm not stating this sarcastically or something).

#27608 Draekon   Kung-Fu Panda CAGiversary!   5725 Posts   Joined 14.7 Years Ago  

Posted 24 January 2019 - 07:54 PM

Looks like CrossCode was announced for the Switch the other day:

I definitely recommend it so long as you don't mind it being rather puzzle heavy. It has a bit too many puzzles in my opinion, but it's still a really solid indie game. It is also eventually coming to the PS4 too, but nothing has been stated about it. Wonder if this means they finally got some kind of HTML5 wrapper for the game.

#27609 Nothing-   Tomorrow King - Interloper Kai CAGiversary!   9156 Posts   Joined 9.0 Years Ago  

Posted 24 January 2019 - 07:58 PM

wow that looks cool but that's way too much screen shaking and violent camera movement.

I'm always surprised how many top-down/isometric bullet hell games there are similar to that on Steam.  They make my head spin.  Yet so many of them are well-received. 

#27610 Draekon   Kung-Fu Panda CAGiversary!   5725 Posts   Joined 14.7 Years Ago  

Posted 24 January 2019 - 09:21 PM

wow that looks cool but that's way too much screen shaking and violent camera movement.

I'm always surprised how many top-down/isometric bullet hell games there are similar to that on Steam.  They make my head spin.  Yet so many of them are well-received. 

You can lower and even disable Screen Shaking in the options menu. It's also not really much of a bullet hell. More Action RPG with various attacks that do include bullet-like ranged attacks. Bosses tend to have them, but they have plenty of other moves too.

The game plays extremely smooth.

#27611 Nothing-   Tomorrow King - Interloper Kai CAGiversary!   9156 Posts   Joined 9.0 Years Ago  

Posted 24 January 2019 - 09:35 PM

It's also not really much of a bullet hell.

I know,  I was just comparing it to other similarly styled games.  (in presentation)

It's a crop of games that I can't really play due to motion sickness and vertigo.  There's too much flickering, camera zooming in-and-out, and it's hard for my brain to register what's going on.   Sometimes it's just the way the game is presented in the trailer. 

#27612 Josef   Touched the dead CAGiversary!   13180 Posts   Joined 16.5 Years Ago  

Posted 25 January 2019 - 05:47 AM

Death End re;Quest Limited Edition is up for preorder on Iffy's online store.  $79.99:

http://www.iffysonli...eath-requestLE/

I haven't heard much about this game - is it any good?

#27613 EdJericho   2.5D Seiyuu Fanboy CAGiversary!   861 Posts   Joined 7.3 Years Ago  

Posted 25 January 2019 - 02:17 PM

Finally an update on Metroid Prime 4!!!

oh...

IpK8aYv.gif

#27614 Renzler   Dude CAGiversary!   1885 Posts   Joined 2.3 Years Ago  

Posted 25 January 2019 - 03:48 PM

Pre-ordered persona 5 pops.... I feel dirty for considering owning pops but it's persona

#27615 dsman3717   Saber is Life CAGiversary!   723 Posts   Joined 7.5 Years Ago  

dsman3717

Posted 25 January 2019 - 04:56 PM

Finally an update on Metroid Prime 4!!!

Well, a delay is pretty disappointing... :cry:

But at least we now know that the game will be good since Retro is taking over.

#27616 bappt   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   937 Posts   Joined 15.2 Years Ago  

Posted 25 January 2019 - 07:24 PM

Death End re;Quest Limited Edition is up for preorder on Iffy's online store.  $79.99:

http://www.iffysonli...eath-requestLE/

I haven't heard much about this game - is it any good?

I've been keeping myself in the dark about the details outside of it being a corrupted game with the creator trapped inside. 31/40 was the Famitsu score and it was the 4th best selling game in its launch week, with things like Splatoon and Kirby ahead of it. It seemed interesting enough.

#27617 elessar123  

Posted 25 January 2019 - 07:51 PM

It feels like a "if you already like Neptunia games, you'll love it. Else, meh."

#27618 motaku96   CAG in Training CAGiversary!   1965 Posts   Joined 7.6 Years Ago  

Posted 25 January 2019 - 08:57 PM

Indiegala Erotic Escapades bundle(Mangagamer keys)(NSFW) - $8.99

Orc Castle

Please Bang My Wife

Kuroinu Ch. 1

Sweet Sweat in Summer: The Naughty Girl and Her Ripe Scent

EROGE! Sex and Games Make Sexy Games

Great bundle!

#27619 bappt   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   937 Posts   Joined 15.2 Years Ago  

Posted 25 January 2019 - 09:15 PM

Soon you'll only have to buy Neptunia Rebirth 1

#27620 JCAll   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   1990 Posts   Joined 12.8 Years Ago  

Posted 25 January 2019 - 09:16 PM

I had honestly forgotten that Metroid Prime 4 was in development.

I wonder how bad it had to have been to not meet the quality standards set by Other M.

#27621 Nothing-   Tomorrow King - Interloper Kai CAGiversary!   9156 Posts   Joined 9.0 Years Ago  

Posted 25 January 2019 - 09:23 PM

Other M was a sales disaster.  They don't want to replicate that. 

#27622 Nothing-   Tomorrow King - Interloper Kai CAGiversary!   9156 Posts   Joined 9.0 Years Ago  

Posted 25 January 2019 - 09:30 PM

Honestly, I've been really pleased with Nintendo's return to quality.   It finally feels like they make games for adult, core gamers again too.  While the Metroid Prime 4 news is sad it doesn't bother me in the slightest.  I'm glad that we're finally out of the shovelware dark ages of Nintendo home consoles that has been going on during most of the last 15 years. 

#27623 Starcrest   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   900 Posts   Joined 9.9 Years Ago  

Starcrest

Posted 25 January 2019 - 11:45 PM

Honestly, I've been really pleased with Nintendo's return to quality. It finally feels like they make games for adult, core gamers again too. While the Metroid Prime 4 news is sad it doesn't bother me in the slightest. I'm glad that we're finally out of the shovelware dark ages of Nintendo home consoles that has been going on during most of the last 15 years.

I dunno. Sure, Nintendo has provided strong first party support, and seriously loosened the content controls for other developers. But it also feels like every indie game is going up on the switch estore. Portability is nice for those games, but at the premium prices compared to flash fire sales. So I’m not sure what my point actually is now.

#27624 nitrosmob   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   10118 Posts   Joined 14.2 Years Ago  

Posted 26 January 2019 - 12:47 AM

Since i'm sure everyone is wondering I haven't played most of the Mangagamer IG bundle. I have played EROGE! Sex and Games Make Sexy Games, and it's an above average nukige. The situations are usually fun and interesting and have to do with them making eroge games. I enjoyed it quite a bit. The art is pretty good as well. I don't think i'd play the other honestly, but those aren't my type of games.

Also been waiting for Hello, Goodbye a while so I know what i'm going to be playing this weekend. May give impressions if people want them. I did try out Hara ChuChu and honestly I didn't like it very much. It was as dumb as it sounded with the guy becoming a lusting vampire and it was just a mess. I made it through one path and gave up on the 2nd as I just didn't like where the story was going. Not my style at all.

#27625 nitrosmob   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   10118 Posts   Joined 14.2 Years Ago  

Posted 26 January 2019 - 06:34 PM

Hello, Goodbye is a really unique VN. The setting and characters are different since the main guy is a military guy, and has a unique setting and characters. There does seem to be a natural playing order for the order of choices (1 to get on a person's main path). The visuals, characters and story are really good after just about completing 2 routes. This is the type of VNs we should strive to support, as it's not generic at all. I don't think it's super long, but likely will give me about 20 or less hours of game play. I may give a full review later, but these are my impressions after pretty much completing 2 routes. 

#27626 kevers7290   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   348 Posts   Joined 8.5 Years Ago  

kevers7290

Posted 26 January 2019 - 08:34 PM

I ordered SNK heroines on Switch from Amazon and they sent me a PEGI copy. Does this mean I can't download any of the free DLC? If so it's going right back.

#27627 akgamerx  

akgamerx

Posted 26 January 2019 - 08:41 PM

I ordered SNK heroines on Switch from Amazon and they sent me a PEGI copy. Does this mean I can't download any of the free DLC? If so it's going right back.

Never buy games from third party sellers anymore, they're all scum and Amazon doesn't enforce anything. PAL copies of games and UAE Nintendo stuff is rampant.

#27628 kevers7290   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   348 Posts   Joined 8.5 Years Ago  

kevers7290

Posted 26 January 2019 - 10:34 PM

Never buy games from third party sellers anymore, they're all scum and Amazon doesn't enforce anything. PAL copies of games and UAE Nintendo stuff is rampant.

I didn't. It was "shipped from and sold by Amazon.com." And that doesn't really answer my question. I don't care what rating logo is on the game. I just want to know if the DLC is compatible or not.

#27629 Starcrest   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   900 Posts   Joined 9.9 Years Ago  

Starcrest

Posted 26 January 2019 - 10:37 PM

I didn't. It was "shipped from and sold by Amazon.com." And that doesn't really answer my question. I don't care what rating logo is on the game. I just want to know if the DLC is compatible or not.

It depends on the game, but in the worst case, you just make a second account on the switch located in the EU region and download the DLC using that account. You can then use it on any account.

#27630 kevers7290   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   348 Posts   Joined 8.5 Years Ago  

kevers7290

Posted 27 January 2019 - 01:47 AM

It depends on the game, but in the worst case, you just make a second account on the switch located in the EU region and download the DLC using that account. You can then use it on any account.

Thanks!