* * * * - 29 votes

Japanese Niche Games Deals & Discussion Thread 4.0

#28591 lutz   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   1464 Posts   Joined 15.9 Years Ago  

Posted 10 May 2019 - 07:19 PM

I suppose #4 doesn't make as much sense to non-TLoH players (but then why are you considering the third game in a story-heavy RPG series? :-k ). If you know what the PS4 steelbooks for Cold Steel I & II look like, #4 of these alt images for Cold Steel III is thematically similar.

I was just curious as voting ends soon. I haven't played them yet, but I did plan to binge play them in a row starting in June (once the 2nd is released). 

After your rational of the solo pics on the first two steel books, #4 makes a lot of sense now. Kinda wish #2 was main, with #4 as reverse though.

#28592 NeoMonk  

Posted 10 May 2019 - 11:53 PM

*Mary Skelter 2 revisits the previous game by including the full remake of Mary Skelter: Nightmares

Improvements made in the remake have been reflected in Mary Skelter 2, for an even more intense experience.*

Full PR Read:

Spoiler

#28593 nitrosmob   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   10712 Posts   Joined 15.2 Years Ago  

Posted 10 May 2019 - 11:59 PM

Boo for digital only on Mary Skelter 2. That's a highly wanted game on a system i'd want to play it on so I'll buy it when it comes out....

#28594 shosaisyu   Waster of Monies CAGiversary!   274 Posts   Joined 14.9 Years Ago  

shosaisyu

Posted 11 May 2019 - 12:21 AM

At least they're not releasing it on a Playstation system to get cucked by Sony. Would still prefer physical though.

#28595 woozie2  

Posted 11 May 2019 - 04:20 AM

I passed on the very reasonable price of $4 for Mary Skelter on PSN over a month ago, and I am kind of annoyed right now. Censorship sucks and all, but I'd rather have 95% of a game than no game at all since I don't own a Switch. I seriously hope they will release a PC version because I'm not going to buy more hardware for a game that's already on PS4.

#28596 bappt   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   1023 Posts   Joined 16.2 Years Ago  

Posted 11 May 2019 - 07:37 AM

The Asia version of Mary Skelter 2 had a day 1 patch that did the whole steamy hot springs and light censor thing. Some of the clickbait sites reported it broke a game function involving touching the characters but never picked up on the images being changed so that's not as well published. 

The PS4 NA/EU version would have probably encountered the same issues so it was just shelved (pending a Steam version,) but since the Japanese version sold well enough they decided to port it to Switch. It was actually announced during a Neptunia focused live stream, so this is really just confirmation of a western release. 

#28597 G_x51   World Warrior CAGiversary!   2573 Posts   Joined 13.3 Years Ago  

Posted 11 May 2019 - 09:10 AM

so it's still up in the air if the switch version will still have the touch leveling up system and original images or come preloaded with the game breaking & censoring day 1 patch?

#28598 skubish   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   927 Posts   Joined 17.8 Years Ago  

Posted 11 May 2019 - 05:31 PM

Here is my play-asia coupon that will expire on May 19th.
$5 off
L7-QU8-234

#28599 bappt   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   1023 Posts   Joined 16.2 Years Ago  

Posted 11 May 2019 - 05:41 PM

It's not going to be censored on the Switch release barring Nintendo having their own Omega Labyrinth Z incident. This is a standard Japanese release followed by a western release. The Asia PS4 version came out in October 2018 when companies had to quickly react to the content standards being updated. 

#28600 nitrosmob   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   10712 Posts   Joined 15.2 Years Ago  

Posted 11 May 2019 - 10:04 PM

Adult game 18+ NSFW freebie DRM free VN Oppaidius Summer Trouble on Indiegala. Interesting art and I'll play it since it's free.

IG (18+ NSFW)

VNDB (18+ NSFW)

#28601 nitrosmob   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   10712 Posts   Joined 15.2 Years Ago  

Posted 12 May 2019 - 06:03 PM

Some VN news:

I don't think I ever reported on Mangagamer announcements but they are localizing WanNyan ☆ à la mode! (18+ NSFW) from SkyFish poco and NyanCafe Macchiato (18+ NSFW) also from Skyfish poco. The first is about a prestigious culinary school that competes internally and you as the main protagonist decide which store to help and the 2nd is about a guy who has bad luck and works at a school and helps at his uncle's cat cafe and gets 3 girlfriends and it sounds like a nukige. Both will be bought whenever they release.

Also next week on 05-16-2019 The Most Forbidden Love in the World is being released by Mangagamer. There is a 15% discount on pre-order and they currently don't have plans to put it up on Steam. Easy purchase as it has comedy as one of its features.

Mangagamer (18+ NSFW)

My Little Sister Can't Possibly Have A Hemorrhoid was released by Fakku on their website. Supposedly it has good art.

Fakku (18+ NSFW)

Sankaku Renai: Love Triangle Trouble is releasing 05-31-2019 from Nekonyan. Another comedy looking VN with a few girls going for the main protagonist with 2 love triangles going on at once. One is his blood related sister I believe, so I know that's taboo for some. Easy purchase.

Steam

Hoshi Ori Yume Mirai's fan translation was released by Tsurezure Scans. I do have to say I have went through one route and the story and characters in this one are not super amazing honestly. Art is pretty good. Not a bad VN overall for what I've played, but it's a little average feeling too. Still not a bad play.

Translation page with patch

VNDB (18+ NSFW)

#28602 keyblader1985   Wait, what? CAGiversary!   3824 Posts   Joined 8.6 Years Ago  

keyblader1985

Posted 12 May 2019 - 09:56 PM

That third picture on Hemorrhoid was something.

#28603 bappt   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   1023 Posts   Joined 16.2 Years Ago  

Posted 13 May 2019 - 03:13 AM

https://twitter.com/...772152801837056

The CEO and President of Marvelous Inc. has resigned due to health issues. 

#28604 G_x51   World Warrior CAGiversary!   2573 Posts   Joined 13.3 Years Ago  

Posted 13 May 2019 - 03:55 AM

The CEO and President of Marvelous Inc. has resigned due to health issues.

Probably from seeing sony's new censorship policy and the changes his games would have to make to meet them.

#28605 NeoMonk  

Posted 13 May 2019 - 08:12 AM

Probably from seeing sony's new censorship policy and the changes his games would have to make to meet them.

it's not even a joke...

#28606 nagpo  

Posted 13 May 2019 - 11:26 AM

So they are making a new story of seasons other than doraemon? And I hope he isn't refering to getting rid of the sex option in the SoS games, how else would you make the baby? Just leave it on Switch. Forget Sony at this point

#28607 ar4757   Makoto x Joker is canon CAGiversary!   969 Posts   Joined 7.2 Years Ago  

Posted 13 May 2019 - 02:37 PM

So they are making a new story of seasons other than doraemon? And I hope he isn't refering to getting rid of the sex option in the SoS games, how else would you make the baby? Just leave it on Switch. Forget Sony at this point

Yes they almost certainly have a SoS aka harvest moon game in development, and no those tweets were separate - he’s probably talking about Senran Kagura

SoS will definitely be on switch, maybe it’ll be on PS4 too though

#28608 bigstew  

Posted 13 May 2019 - 03:25 PM

Yes they almost certainly have a SoS aka harvest moon game in development, and no those tweets were separate - he’s probably talking about Senran Kagura

SoS will definitely be on switch, maybe it’ll be on PS4 too though

https://www.silicone...nced-sexy-game/

it seems the rumors of them under contract to spit out the next senran game for ps4 is most likely true, seeing how they had to lower their sales numbers indicates the next senran is a pass, well the only support for them for fans at this point is the pinball coming this summer, wish they would start porting or making games for switch, xbox or even steam though i know some are on their, just f*** u to sony would be better at this point, also seems that not only is the switch version missing the senran collab sets, but they wouldn't allow tk to put out nyotengus senran collab suit for this weeks release, also seems u might not be able to port it from venus if u have it but hopefully u didn't waist time with a ps4 release

#28609 keyblader1985   Wait, what? CAGiversary!   3824 Posts   Joined 8.6 Years Ago  

keyblader1985

Posted 13 May 2019 - 09:38 PM

If they were already under contract to make another game and Sony suddenly changed the rules of the game, that is BEYOND dirty. Sex appeal is one of the primary selling points of the series and Sony forcing them to neuter their game is knowingly cutting a huge chunk of its profits; customers will avoid it either out of principle or just lack of interest.

I just.. I just can't fucking support Sony after all of this. They can go to hell.

#28610 AugustAPC   Not For Sale CAGiversary!   3657 Posts   Joined 11.0 Years Ago  

Posted 13 May 2019 - 10:20 PM

If they were already under contract to make another game and Sony suddenly changed the rules of the game, that is BEYOND dirty. Sex appeal is one of the primary selling points of the series and Sony forcing them to neuter their game is knowingly cutting a huge chunk of its profits; customers will avoid it either out of principle or just lack of interest.

I just.. I just can't fucking support Sony after all of this. They can go to hell.

I'm actually in the process of selling a lot of my PS4 games and getting them on Switch. Sony is killing themselves.

#28611 jedex   Elite Chemist CAGiversary!   1081 Posts   Joined 9.4 Years Ago  

Posted 13 May 2019 - 10:30 PM

The thirst is real in this thread

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

#28612 AugustAPC   Not For Sale CAGiversary!   3657 Posts   Joined 11.0 Years Ago  

Posted 13 May 2019 - 11:53 PM

I'm very thirsty for arbitrary censorship to die.

#28613 keyblader1985   Wait, what? CAGiversary!   3824 Posts   Joined 8.6 Years Ago  

keyblader1985

Posted 13 May 2019 - 11:58 PM

I wouldn't deny a certain thirst (couldn't even if I wanted to; just look at the last few posts I've made in this thread). But that's far from my only problem with Sony. I've been vocally unhappy with them for years.

#28614 FlawlesslyFatal  

FlawlesslyFatal

Posted 14 May 2019 - 02:42 PM

https://gematsu.com/...gust-1-in-japan

Nope, not surprised at all

Sent from my SM-N950U1 using Tapatalk

#28615 Tothoro  

Posted 14 May 2019 - 02:58 PM

https://gematsu.com/...gust-1-in-japan

Nope, not surprised at all

Sent from my SM-N950U1 using Tapatalk

A couple of observations:

1. It looks like a lot of the Switch-exclusive functionality is touch-screen related, which is kind of understandable
  2. I greatly appreciate that D3 took the time to call out the differences in such detail.
  3. Regardless of whether you care about the content being censored, this really highlights how obnoxious Sony is being. 

I wish I could say I'm surprised, but instead I'm just disappointed.

#28616 NeoMonk  

Posted 14 May 2019 - 04:03 PM

PS4 gets the baby approved version   :baby:

#28617 deadofnight   CAG in Training CAGiversary!   988 Posts   Joined 8.6 Years Ago  

deadofnight

Posted 15 May 2019 - 04:40 AM

Wow, I wonder if Oppai Rock-Paper-Scissors in the Senran Kagura OVA was laying the ground work for a cinematic universe.

#28618 bappt   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   1023 Posts   Joined 16.2 Years Ago  

Posted 15 May 2019 - 06:03 AM

Atelier Lulua is out next week. PS4 and Switch users should be able to claim some limited time DLC from their respective digital stores. I don't think Steam lets you claim free DLC. As always expect the PS4 and Switch versions to hit $20-30 physical within a couple months. 

If you're going digital, there's a bundle of the game and first season pass for $74.99. Season Pass 1 (Costumes, music, extra hard area) is about $25 in Japan standalone then Season Pass 2 & 3 (Totori and Meruru respectively) are closer to $30. Each pack has the characters listed for about $10 each.

Best Buy GCU on a new copy and buying the first DLC pack alone is about $2 less than the bundle if the DLC pack is $25

#28619 Draekon   Kung-Fu Panda CAGiversary!   5726 Posts   Joined 15.7 Years Ago  

Posted 15 May 2019 - 12:20 PM

Yeah, Steam still doesn't let you grab free DLC unless you own the base game. Though quite often the free DLC is included into the base game with Japanese games.

I'll be annoyed again if they stick the Atelier quality of life synthesis as DLC only again as it used to be included in the game itself.

#28620 shadowysea07   Cjenvy I'm ready for you awd this time I'm wearing pants CAGiversary!   6585 Posts   Joined 8.3 Years Ago  

shadowysea07

Posted 15 May 2019 - 06:57 PM

Since they always drop to 20 or less there's no reason to ever buy them at launch.  All the more so since they love to enhance port these games.

I'll be skipping it as I have only played ayesha and own merry go round, eschatology, ronald mcdonald plus in my backlog.  Mana khemia and one of the iris trilogies as well come to think of it.  That and I'm not a fan of the games going sub only so I don't have much interest in buying the ones without english voice work.  Maybe when I run through my ever growing backlog.