* * * * - 29 votes

Japanese Niche Games Deals & Discussion Thread 4.0

#29101 lutz   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   1464 Posts   Joined 14.9 Years Ago  

Posted 21 June 2019 - 07:41 AM

Artbooks, Figures, and Steelbooks catches my attention. I wouldn't pay extra just for some music cds. I don't even have a drive for my computer to rip them. That said, I do listen to some tracks if they are good and from a good game, but usually I get them via other means (itunes, amazon, free remixes, ect).

#29102 Nocturnx99   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   748 Posts   Joined 11.1 Years Ago  

Nocturnx99

Posted 21 June 2019 - 09:00 AM

I wonder if Kill la Kill will be butchered with censorship on the PS4

#29103 hostyl1   Rejoice commoners! CAGiversary!   3080 Posts   Joined 14.8 Years Ago  

Posted 21 June 2019 - 11:43 AM

I have 7 different Persona 'albums' on my phone right now. I listen to them regularly. Heck, I'm going to queue one up now. The original release of Persona 3 came with an art book and a 'sampler' CD. The CD was trash as it just made me want the whole songs (..duh, that's what it's supposed to do...) so I started collecting Persona albums.

As for actual CDs, I have a player in my car and a player in the bathroom Prince "The Hits 1" is in the car Linkin Park "Reanimation" is in the bathroom. Neither CD has been changed this year. (Mostly listen from my phone).

#29104 bigstew  

Posted 21 June 2019 - 12:13 PM

I wonder if Kill la Kill will be butchered with censorship on the PS4

exact reason i am not preordering this, seems as it might happen as the jp release is around the same time which might suggest sony made the company censor across all platforms and to release around the same time rather than the jp going first so as to not tip people off

#29105 dsman3717   Saber is Life CAGiversary!   723 Posts   Joined 7.5 Years Ago  

dsman3717

Posted 21 June 2019 - 04:14 PM

Whenever I get a game that has a soundtrack cd included, the first thing I usually do is throw it in my old computer and rip the songs.

I got a cheap ipod touch a while back with 64GB and usually throw every song on earth into it. I leave bluetooth on and let it automatically connect to my car so stuff randomly plays. Whenever my friend is with me he always makes me play the Nier Automata soundtrack (good taste haha).

I'm a fan of non-LE soundtracks as well and I'd like to think I'm further supporting the series by getting them. Just recently I got the Fire Emblem Echoes, Xenoblade 2 and Fate Grand Order Soundtracks off amazon jp.

So that's one of the reasons I'm excited for the Kill la Kill LE. Censorship-wise, I have no idea if anything will be modified....I'm getting the Switch version, but recently that doesn't guarantee getting uncensored  :cry:  

#29106 deadofnight   CAG in Training CAGiversary!   985 Posts   Joined 7.6 Years Ago  

deadofnight

Posted 22 June 2019 - 04:36 AM

Bloodborne isn't the first game I enjoyed so much that I played it back to back, but this is the first time that in the middle of a repeat playthrough I'm already thinking of how cool it would be to start the game from the beginning again. I can't believe I let this game sit in my back log for two and a half years.

I ended up buying the Dark Souls Trilogy release.

I haven't even gotten around to playing Bloodstained yet, and I was a (last minute) backer.

#29107 opportunity777   Disco Fever CAGiversary!   5243 Posts   Joined 16.9 Years Ago  

opportunity777

Posted 22 June 2019 - 09:33 AM

So that's one of the reasons I'm excited for the Kill la Kill LE. Censorship-wise, I have no idea if anything will be modified....I'm getting the Switch version, but recently that doesn't guarantee getting uncensored  :cry:  

Wait wait, what Switch games was censored? I know some of the PC versions of the VNs are definitely more risque, but that's to be expected pretty much since forever?

#29108 bappt   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   938 Posts   Joined 15.2 Years Ago  

Posted 22 June 2019 - 04:08 PM

Sony applying their own content standards on Playstation titles post-Omega Labyrinth Z has broken some people's brains.

#29109 elessar123  

Posted 22 June 2019 - 04:34 PM

Re: OSTs, depends on the game. I listened to stuff like Nier: Automata, FF4, FF7, FF8, Secret of Mana, Bloodborne, Dangaronpa multiple times through. A lot of the very generic sounding 6 song samplers I might listen to once.

And USB DVD writers are like $20 or less nowadays.

#29110 nitrosmob   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   10124 Posts   Joined 14.2 Years Ago  

Posted 22 June 2019 - 05:01 PM

Song samplers are a waste IMHO. All those stinkin' Atlus samplers...bleh.

#29111 Souffrir   Eternally Training CAG CAGiversary!   5140 Posts   Joined 7.8 Years Ago  

Posted 22 June 2019 - 07:40 PM

Lingering reminders of when Atlus USA used to make great first print bonuses.

#29112 The Dead Texan   Rest in Peace, Big Rizzle CAGiversary!   3870 Posts   Joined 11.7 Years Ago  

The Dead Texan

Posted 23 June 2019 - 12:15 AM

Anyone else still have theirs? 

Spoiler

#29113 gospelman   Irreducibly Complex CAGiversary!   2815 Posts   Joined 11.1 Years Ago  

Posted 23 June 2019 - 12:21 AM

[spoiler]

Affirmative.  Though I got rid of the disc a while back so I could do digital on ps3.  Maybe not the best decision in retrospect.

#29114 denpanosekai  

denpanosekai

Posted 23 June 2019 - 12:58 AM

Still sealed. I think I got the undub ISO for my PS2 HDLoader. I don't remember beating this. I was pretty far in, I forget its name but I got hit by this unbeatable / unescapable random fight and I just said Fuck it.

I've been meaning to give this game a second go for a few years.

#29115 The Dead Texan   Rest in Peace, Big Rizzle CAGiversary!   3870 Posts   Joined 11.7 Years Ago  

The Dead Texan

Posted 23 June 2019 - 01:10 AM

Still sealed. I think I got the undub ISO for my PS2 HDLoader. I don't remember beating this. I was pretty far in, I forget its name but I got hit by this unbeatable / unescapable random fight and I just said Fuck it.

I've been meaning to give this game a second go for a few years.

Pretty sure both Devil Summoner games had no voice acting, but I agree about your feelings on the game. I love the art, music, characters, setting, but the actual battle portions of the game can be really annoying. I only beat it once and never really thought about it again. It could be a really great series with some fine tuning. 

#29116 nitrosmob   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   10124 Posts   Joined 14.2 Years Ago  

Posted 23 June 2019 - 02:10 AM

Still have that in a box somewhere. Good games for sure though a bit not as finely tuned at times.

#29117 Midori Monkey  

Midori Monkey

Posted 23 June 2019 - 02:23 AM

Spoiler

Yep, still have mine sealed.  I alrdy had the game, but saw a copy at GS back during ps3 days for 20 bucks and grabbed it :)

#29118 shadowysea07   Cjenvy I'm ready for you awd this time I'm wearing pants CAGiversary!   5601 Posts   Joined 7.4 Years Ago  

shadowysea07

Posted 23 June 2019 - 03:13 AM

I mean they are included free in regular editions so it's not like you paid extra for them or anything.  But yeah in this day and age it's kinda a waste.

#29119 shadowysea07   Cjenvy I'm ready for you awd this time I'm wearing pants CAGiversary!   5601 Posts   Joined 7.4 Years Ago  

shadowysea07

Posted 23 June 2019 - 03:15 AM

I still remember getting my copy of p3 vanilla at walmart and was surprised that it was alternate art, outer box, hard cover art book and the soundtrack cd.

#29120 motaku96   CAG in Training CAGiversary!   1965 Posts   Joined 7.6 Years Ago  

Posted 23 June 2019 - 03:31 AM

Some kind of rhtyhm game called Muse Dash came out on the switch, but worth noting that it also came out on steam and the steam release separates the base game and dlc, making the base game only $3. The dlc($30) as of right now adds 78 songs plus more songs each month. But the base game with 40 songs for $3 makes for a good value.

https://store.steamp...4171/Muse_Dash/

#29121 G_x51   World Warrior CAGiversary!   2535 Posts   Joined 12.4 Years Ago  

Posted 23 June 2019 - 05:32 AM

i opened mine to let jack frost breath and hangout than put him back

#29122 andycandy   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   264 Posts   Joined 15.1 Years Ago  

Posted 23 June 2019 - 04:19 PM

What happened to uppers coming to the PS4

#29123 nagpo  

Posted 23 June 2019 - 06:31 PM

What happened to uppers coming to the PS4

i think it got delayed again

#29124 DS9   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   498 Posts   Joined 14.9 Years Ago  

Posted 23 June 2019 - 09:35 PM

They can censor Kill La Kill all they want as I just wanted a video of the gameplay and its looks sub par for a Arc system game. Its just a arena 3d fighter with horrid backdrops/arenas.

#29125 shadowysea07   Cjenvy I'm ready for you awd this time I'm wearing pants CAGiversary!   5601 Posts   Joined 7.4 Years Ago  

shadowysea07

Posted 23 June 2019 - 10:27 PM

They can censor Kill La Kill all they want as I just wanted a video of the gameplay and its looks sub par for a Arc system game. Its just a arena 3d fighter with horrid backdrops/arenas.

Yeah it's really bad looking.  When I first saw footage I thought it looked like a ps2 game.

#29126 hostyl1   Rejoice commoners! CAGiversary!   3080 Posts   Joined 14.8 Years Ago  

Posted 24 June 2019 - 03:16 AM

A day late, but yes. Still sealed and sits a top my computer desk. I only bought it because of the plush really. I hadnt fully even committed to Persona yet (I had only played a bit of P3, but wasnt fully hooked yet). Still havent played any part of a mainline SMT game either.

#29127 dsman3717   Saber is Life CAGiversary!   723 Posts   Joined 7.5 Years Ago  

dsman3717

Posted 24 June 2019 - 03:46 PM

Wait wait, what Switch games was censored? I know some of the PC versions of the VNs are definitely more risque, but that's to be expected pretty much since forever?

Well, an example I can think of off the top of my head is that recently announced YU-NO remake. It's going to be censored for both PS4 and Switch. Not really sure why, only thing I can think of is that the Switch version is being ported from the PS4 version that is censored, thus that version being censored too? I'm honestly not sure. Also, this is Spike Chunsoft we're talking about, so they could just be selectively censoring their games on any console just to avoid any backlash. This is why I mentioned not being 100% sure about Switch games being uncensored anymore :(

Yeah it's really bad looking.  When I first saw footage I thought it looked like a ps2 game.

The worse part is those skipping-frame animations are actually intentional to make it look like the anime.....I really wish they didn't do that, because it makes the game look like it's running at 10 fps....

#29128 shadowysea07   Cjenvy I'm ready for you awd this time I'm wearing pants CAGiversary!   5601 Posts   Joined 7.4 Years Ago  

shadowysea07

Posted 24 June 2019 - 05:42 PM

So made some more progress in ff15 which I started to keep me company until fire emblems out.  I have to say whoever did that jump scare with aramusha is a bad bad person.  I nearly thought I would get a game over there if ruby light hadn't triggered to save me.  I can only assume that was patched in as none of the articles I looked up mentioned it.  Anywho I'm just glad you don't have to fight the guy if you don't want to and can leave as it was just a scripted encounter like with the big zhu from goalda quay sp?

Also would have helped if they had made the warnings a bit more clear about how dangerous it was.  As this isn't the first dungeon with those signs but it is the first one that was an actual threat.  The rest just had goblins and the occasional giant spider or Arachne boss out of the 4 dungeons I have been to so far.

#29129 elessar123  

Posted 24 June 2019 - 05:45 PM

Still have mine too. Mine's opened, because there was a manufacturing error where the disk might not be in the case or something. Remember that?

#29130 FlawlesslyFatal   $15 or less CAGiversary!   1809 Posts   Joined 8.2 Years Ago  

FlawlesslyFatal

Posted 24 June 2019 - 05:57 PM

So made some more progress in ff15 which I started to keep me company until fire emblems out. I have to say whoever did that jump scare with aramusha is a bad bad person. I nearly thought I would get a game over there if ruby light hadn't triggered to save me. I can only assume that was patched in as none of the articles I looked up mentioned it. Anywho I'm just glad you don't have to fight the guy if you don't want to and can leave as it was just a scripted encounter like with the big zhu from goalda quay sp?

Also would have helped if they had made the warnings a bit more clear about how dangerous it was. As this isn't the first dungeon with those signs but it is the first one that was an actual threat. The rest just had goblins and the occasional giant spider or Arachne boss out of the 4 dungeons I have been to so far.

Gotta learn it the hard way lol. Later in the game, difficulty between Lvl 99+ hunts and story mission are night and day.

Sent from my SM-N950U1 using Tapatalk