* * * * - 29 votes

Japanese Niche Games Deals & Discussion Thread 4.0

#29521 superxgaga   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   332 Posts   Joined 8.2 Years Ago  

superxgaga

Posted 16 August 2019 - 06:43 PM

What I'm doing - and has worked well so far - is to only use renown to purchase the higher ranks. The ranks under A are quick and easy. Going from E to E+ costs the same (500) as going from B+ to A.

Ah ok, very cool, I shoulda done my 1st run on normal, since edelgard route so short, most my ppl didnt have S rank skill at all, cept lysithea the sassy lost child on reason. Then there was no way to know her route is 5 and half shorter beforehand(why Itellegent System why??)

#29522 superxgaga   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   332 Posts   Joined 8.2 Years Ago  

superxgaga

Posted 16 August 2019 - 06:49 PM

Friends of mine have said the same thing about the blue lions route. Since so many things are restricted to supports and paralogues lots of plot info like Jeralts backstory, flayn and seteth ect are hidden in those. Made worse by supports not having been set up so that they can be done in any order during any time in the story. I've noticed a number of them mention events either before they have happened or are talking about characters that are already dead as if they are still alive. They really just did a poor job on the story in this game.

It seems like eds route is pretty nerfed compared to the others since you lose out on 2 fights with the death knight in her route so you can only promote one unit to dark bishop. I don't get why they would do 5 though when if they did 6 then you'd be able to get 3 dark bishops max. 6 if they let you skip the first stupid one/didn't require 2 dark seals per character.

I mean I didnt expect a masterpiece writing, but also not this disorienting mess in all these routes.
And I totally agree with the dark seal shit, hubert(El route exclusive) is the only man in game that uses dark magic and oh hey if u want life taker for byleth, on edelgard route, u need to figure it out with hubert with only 3 seals, and my current golden deer, I got 6 already,even made sylvain a dark bishop for shits and giggles after hes already a dark knight lol.

#29523 shadowysea07   Cjenvy I'm ready for you awd this time I'm wearing pants CAGiversary!   5591 Posts   Joined 7.3 Years Ago  

shadowysea07

Posted 16 August 2019 - 08:11 PM

Ah ok, very cool, I shoulda done my 1st run on normal, since edelgard route so short, most my ppl didnt have S rank skill at all, cept lysithea the sassy lost child on reason. Then there was no way to know her route is 5 and half shorter beforehand(why Itellegent System why??)

Skill level wise it is easy to level them if you focus on one at a time and for whatever has the highest amount they will get from investing in.  Average is usually 5 with +1 for professor level and more for the statue bonuses and random thumbs up and blue arrow symbols. I think the highest is 9 or 10.  Then you get multipliers for great and perfect. Great is 12-15 I think and perfect is 21-24.

There are also skill level boosting accessories you can equip but only 2 on edelgards route.  I got one from flayn and seteths paralogue and another from a chest or something.

Finally you can also boost some of them like faith via choir.  It's relatively easy to get s ranks for at least one weapon level if you focus on them.

#29524 shadowysea07   Cjenvy I'm ready for you awd this time I'm wearing pants CAGiversary!   5591 Posts   Joined 7.3 Years Ago  

shadowysea07

Posted 16 August 2019 - 08:15 PM

I mean I didnt expect a masterpiece writing, but also not this disorienting mess in all these routes.
And I totally agree with the dark seal shit, hubert(El route exclusive) is the only man in game that uses dark magic and oh hey if u want life taker for byleth, on edelgard route, u need to figure it out with hubert with only 3 seals, and my current golden deer, I got 6 already,even made sylvain a dark bishop for shits and giggles after hes already a dark knight lol.

Lysithea has dark magic as well and learns 1 spell over hubert as a default mage.  But yeah those 2 are the ones that make the most sense given no one else seems to learn dark magic spells off the top of my head.  Granted it's possible if you promote a unit into a dark mage class that they could learn some but I doubt that or it would be in the wikis. 

How do you have 6 dark seals?  Did you save them or something?

#29525 superxgaga   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   332 Posts   Joined 8.2 Years Ago  

superxgaga

Posted 16 August 2019 - 10:09 PM

Lysithea has dark magic as well and learns 1 spell over hubert as a default mage.  But yeah those 2 are the ones that make the most sense given no one else seems to learn dark magic spells off the top of my head.  Granted it's possible if you promote a unit into a dark mage class that they could learn some but I doubt that or it would be in the wikis. 

How do you have 6 dark seals?  Did you save them or something?

Lyssie and Edelgard(El has luna and hades) has dark magic, but they dont have a penis(i hope not, these are my 2 S rank girls) to become a dark bishop, only loss is life taker so not too bad, since they can just become female exclusive gremory.

yea all spells are predetermined by birth in this game, very silly.

u fight the death knight 6 times in golden deer route. so 6 dark seals.

#29526 shadowysea07   Cjenvy I'm ready for you awd this time I'm wearing pants CAGiversary!   5591 Posts   Joined 7.3 Years Ago  

shadowysea07

Posted 17 August 2019 - 02:07 AM

I only heard 5 so that's new.

#29527 The Dead Texan   Rest in Peace, Big Rizzle CAGiversary!   3870 Posts   Joined 11.7 Years Ago  

The Dead Texan

Posted 17 August 2019 - 02:23 AM

Guys are on NG+ and all I get to do is send someone flowers for their birthday before falling asleep. 

#29528 superxgaga   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   332 Posts   Joined 8.2 Years Ago  

superxgaga

Posted 17 August 2019 - 07:35 AM

I only heard 5 so that's new.

U get 1 from Mercedes paralogue

#29529 nitrosmob   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   10121 Posts   Joined 14.2 Years Ago  

Posted 17 August 2019 - 10:31 AM

Some VN news that is delayed because of myself moving, but also many delays as well this month. First of all I'm just mentioning I've only really played Love^3 aka Love Cube. Frankly it is a kinetic novel with no choices and a very bland nukige story about a guy who can't make it drawing manga and 3 women he once knew. I'm close to finishing it all so i'll finish it, but it's not worth it. It's like a 5/10 story with 7/10 graphics. Muv-Luv photonflowers* was released on Steam.

First of all Witch's Love Diary was released by Denpasoft/Sekai a while back. It has a free 18+ patch on Denpasoft and is considered a very good mystery VN with an okay love story about a girl who finds a diary or something and you get to hear how a guy loved a bunch of girls.

Steam

Denpasoft (NSFW)

Denpasoft 18+ DLC (NSFW)

Denpasoft also release I Walk Among Zombies Volume 2. This is an only 18+ game.

Steam (NSFW)

Denpasoft (NSFW)

9-Nine-:Episode 2 was also released by Sekai/Denpasoft. Free 18+ patch on Denpasoft website.

Steam

Denpasoft 18+ Patch (NSFW)

Denpasoft (NSFW)

Mangagamer are having payment processing issues on their website since early August. This has delayed Ano Harewataru Sora yori Takaku a game about a club of people wanting to fly rockets. It will have a longer discounted price once released to take advantage of this. Sengoku Rance is also set to release on September 12th. Hopefully this is resolved soon as both games are huge wants.

They also had some Otakon announcements which are VNDB linked below.

Magic & Slash —Riru’s Sexy Grand Adventure (NSFW)

Sakuranomori Dreamers (NSFW)

Uchikano—Living With My Girlfriend (NSFW)

Spoilered quick thoughts on all 3 of these announcements:

Spoiler

Natsuiro Shimai ~Osananajimi to Manatsu no Himegoto~ aka Summer Colored Sisters was released by DLsite. This one stars Tatsuya who left his rural town to attend university in a big city. He ends up visiting his parents and sees his old friends Kumi and Haru. One sneaks in one night and they have sex. The next day the other is caught in the rain and ends up also having sex with him knowing he has slept with her sister. A love triangle booms in this summer adventure. Another decent looking short palate cleanser. Nothing too amazing i'm sure but the art is nice. Will buy.

DLsite (NSFW)

VNDB (NSFW)

JAST USA released Saya no Uta remastered. I believe it's free if you owned it before from JAST USA website. It's also on Steam now. A classic I will rebuy as it's cheap and has a release discount sale.

Steam (NSFW)

A translation patch was released for Sono Hanabira ni Kuchizuke o - Atelier no Koibito-tachi aka A Kiss For The Petals - Lovers of the Atelier. These games are well regarded yuri games, but I still haven't played any.

Translation Patch Site

Also Raging Loop the horror VN is being released by PQube October 18th in Europe and October 22nd in NA. Looks like an interesting story based around the Werewolf social game. Easy buy.

Gematsu

Lastly it's time to talk delays. I already mentioned Mangagamer delaying Ano Harewataru Sora yori Takaku until they fix their payment processor issues. Sol Press delayed Kimihime to fix a bug until further notice. Nekonyan has delayed Aokana until September. The 2nd Loca Love game may be delayed too, as it was recently rejected from Steam. 

#29530 shadowysea07   Cjenvy I'm ready for you awd this time I'm wearing pants CAGiversary!   5591 Posts   Joined 7.3 Years Ago  

shadowysea07

Posted 17 August 2019 - 01:11 PM

U get 1 from Mercedes paralogue

Ah people must have missed that given those are timed and unlocked via supports and such.

#29531 shadowysea07   Cjenvy I'm ready for you awd this time I'm wearing pants CAGiversary!   5591 Posts   Joined 7.3 Years Ago  

shadowysea07

Posted 17 August 2019 - 01:12 PM

Guys are on NG+ and all I get to do is send someone flowers for their birthday before falling asleep. 

Once you get high enough teaching rank you will have tea time with them instead.  Pick a random tea to have them drink then you get 3 multiple choice dialogue boxes and if you pick the right one your support rank goes up.  Sometimes you get a 4th but not always.   Tea times not very useful so I only ever did it on birthdays.  It does increase your charm stat and whatever units by 1.  That part is semi useful depending on the unit you want to be the dancer class since they have to have a minimum of 20 charm iirc.

#29532 shadowysea07   Cjenvy I'm ready for you awd this time I'm wearing pants CAGiversary!   5591 Posts   Joined 7.3 Years Ago  

shadowysea07

Posted 17 August 2019 - 01:15 PM

Lyssie and Edelgard(El has luna and hades) has dark magic, but they dont have a penis(i hope not, these are my 2 S rank girls) to become a dark bishop, only loss is life taker so not too bad, since they can just become female exclusive gremory.

yea all spells are predetermined by birth in this game, very silly.

u fight the death knight 6 times in golden deer route. so 6 dark seals.

I forgot dark class was male unit exclusive.  Not a great class option when only 1 character gets the most out of it.

#29533 superxgaga   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   332 Posts   Joined 8.2 Years Ago  

superxgaga

Posted 17 August 2019 - 02:16 PM

I forgot dark class was male unit exclusive. Not a great class option when only 1 character gets the most out of it.

This time the class system such unbalanced mess, gender locked, and half the master classes are just side grade rather than upgrade. Mastery for most classes above intermediate are trash too. Wish it was more polished.

#29534 Starcrest   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   901 Posts   Joined 9.9 Years Ago  

Starcrest

Posted 17 August 2019 - 03:16 PM

Seriously! I want to see FE deals, not FE spoilers!!!

#29535 NeoMonk  

Posted 17 August 2019 - 09:35 PM

Spring 2020 Western Release

#29536 superxgaga   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   332 Posts   Joined 8.2 Years Ago  

superxgaga

Posted 17 August 2019 - 09:52 PM

Spring 2020 Western Release

Sweet, my body is ready

#29537 shadowysea07   Cjenvy I'm ready for you awd this time I'm wearing pants CAGiversary!   5591 Posts   Joined 7.3 Years Ago  

shadowysea07

Posted 17 August 2019 - 10:23 PM

This time the class system such unbalanced mess, gender locked, and half the master classes are just side grade rather than upgrade. Mastery for most classes above intermediate are trash too. Wish it was more polished.

Some of the master classes are fine (mostly because advanced didn't have pegs or most of the classes they should have) Mounted versions of the classes are always good.  Especially since movement is so much lower in this game than the others for some unexplained reason.  Some of them are kinda screwed because of innate prowess in any particular category though.  Like petra works as a mortal savant since she learns wind magic.  But Felix only learns 2 spells period so he's not worth making a savant and better off investing in bows arguably. Or maybe keep with brawling since with his high crit rate could be viable.

What was a shame is the dancer class is limited to one unit and your choices are limited in who you can pick to become one unless you knew to start tea time with a unit asap.

#29538 Pets0undz   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   93 Posts   Joined 14.9 Years Ago  

Pets0undz

Posted 18 August 2019 - 02:46 AM

Kind of amazing that Psikyo Shooting Stars is coming, physical, to the US.

I don't need another limited edition, but I do want to support the genre!

#29539 artego   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   237 Posts   Joined 12.7 Years Ago  

Posted 18 August 2019 - 06:36 AM

Kind of amazing that Psikyo Shooting Stars is coming, physical, to the US.

I don't need another limited edition, but I do want to support the genre!

Well you're in luck, because you get two LEs!

#29540 G_x51   World Warrior CAGiversary!   2535 Posts   Joined 12.3 Years Ago  

Posted 18 August 2019 - 12:43 PM

is the N/A LE for psikyo from the Nis store the only way to get them physical?

#29541 denpanosekai  

denpanosekai

Posted 18 August 2019 - 12:47 PM

is the N/A LE for psikyo from the Nis store the only way to get them physical?

I'm sure they'll be available standalone. I'm waiting.

#29542 podunk320   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   326 Posts   Joined 12.6 Years Ago  

podunk320

Posted 18 August 2019 - 01:10 PM

PLAYASIA COUPON

$5 OFF $60 Purchase

3D-7CA-J9D

Expires August 20th 2019

#29543 Sir_Fragalot   wants Startropics 3. CAGiversary!   8746 Posts   Joined 14.6 Years Ago  

Sir_Fragalot

Posted 18 August 2019 - 08:29 PM

So there is absolutely no reason to keep my copy of Persona 5 now since P5R is the definite version of the game? Tempted to possibly sell my copy while I can get a decent buck for it still and just grab P5R when it launches in the spring.

#29544 opportunity777   Disco Fever CAGiversary!   5243 Posts   Joined 16.9 Years Ago  

opportunity777

Posted 18 August 2019 - 08:38 PM

So there is absolutely no reason to keep my copy of Persona 5 now since P5R is the definite version of the game? Tempted to possibly sell my copy while I can get a decent buck for it still and just grab P5R when it launches in the spring.

From what I've read, it might be like Samurai Warriors 4 and Samurai Warriors 4-II. So, both games might stand on their own.

#29545 Pets0undz   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   93 Posts   Joined 14.9 Years Ago  

Pets0undz

Posted 18 August 2019 - 09:56 PM

I'm sure they'll be available standalone. I'm waiting.

Good call. Any word on Vol. 3 coming?

Really love Strikers 1945 and Mobile Light Force, but am ashamed to admit they're the only ones I have played.

#29546 deadofnight   CAG in Training CAGiversary!   985 Posts   Joined 7.6 Years Ago  

deadofnight

Posted 18 August 2019 - 10:05 PM

I'm pretty sure I read an article where Atlus said while there won't be save transfers between vanilla and Royal, there might be a bonus in Royal for those with a vanilla save file on their system.

But, you could sell vanilla, and just be sure to keep your save file. I'm guessing it'll just be something like decals for the Mementos bus.

#29547 Josef   Touched the dead CAGiversary!   13185 Posts   Joined 16.5 Years Ago  

Posted 19 August 2019 - 12:37 AM

Good call. Any word on Vol. 3 coming?

Really love Strikers 1945 and Mobile Light Force, but am ashamed to admit they're the only ones I have played.

I don't think there will be a Volume 3.  Each of the NIS games will have 6 shooters on it and I think the 3 volume Japanese game series had a total of 12 games (4 in each volume).

#29548 shadowysea07   Cjenvy I'm ready for you awd this time I'm wearing pants CAGiversary!   5591 Posts   Joined 7.3 Years Ago  

shadowysea07

Posted 19 August 2019 - 12:50 AM

Eh I would doubt you'd get much for p5 now.  It's been new for 15-20$ numerous times since they royal edition was announced.

#29549 Covnam   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   1378 Posts   Joined 15.6 Years Ago  

Posted 19 August 2019 - 02:11 AM

I'm pretty sure I read an article where Atlus said while there won't be save transfers between vanilla and Royal, there might be a bonus in Royal for those with a vanilla save file on their system.

I really hope they've decided to change that in development since then. I'd like it to at least work like a new game + to help move things along for returning players =/

#29550 shadowysea07   Cjenvy I'm ready for you awd this time I'm wearing pants CAGiversary!   5591 Posts   Joined 7.3 Years Ago  

shadowysea07

Posted 19 August 2019 - 12:13 PM

Atlus isn't exactly known for having much sense. Like I don't believe you could do anything with your p3 save for fes.  Which is sad given that the cold steel games from what I recall allowed importing saves or something for the ps4 versions and the other 2 versions are on different systems.