* * * * - 29 votes

Japanese Niche Games Deals & Discussion Thread 4.0

#29581 Josef   Touched the dead CAGiversary!   13180 Posts   Joined 16.5 Years Ago  

Posted 22 August 2019 - 04:47 AM

yea i also think the ps3 case is silly with no disc. i would rather have steelbooks for 3 4 5 to complete the collection on ps4 instead.

Maybe they should partner with LRG and actually release the PS3 disc (to go with the case)?

#29582 shadowysea07   Cjenvy I'm ready for you awd this time I'm wearing pants CAGiversary!   5583 Posts   Joined 7.3 Years Ago  

shadowysea07

Posted 22 August 2019 - 04:35 PM

Maybe they should partner with LRG and actually release the PS3 disc (to go with the case)?

That would certainly be nice and they could more than make up the cost if they do a print of around 25-40k.  Maybe more since it's a big enough item to sell.  Though the collection case would be kinda redundant when it would come with its own case I would assume.

Meanwhile I put some time into legend of dragoon today.  Quite fun game so far and has held up pretty well.  Only negative I have is the action commands especially counters are somewhat difficult to do with the input delay being a likely factor.  I have about 60-75% for volcano and 40-50% for counters.  Just got the blazing haired red eyed hunter Shana  ;)  and the knight from basil Lavitz to join the party.

The random encounter rate is easily the lowest and best one of any ps1 and earlier game I have played.  And I am quite surprised for dungeons it has on screen encounters as well.  Or at least for the Hellena prison dungeon it does.  So far I'd probably rank this game in my top 25 just because of the similarities to paper mario and the other mario rpgs gameplay wise.

#29583 nightc1   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   3307 Posts   Joined 15.2 Years Ago  

Posted 22 August 2019 - 05:36 PM

I doubt they want to undercut the PS4 version sales.  Plus they have stated already that it's not as simple turning a digital ps3 game to physical and it would require development time.  So, it's not happening.  At least we get this....

I cannot wait for this:

Yakuza-Collection_08-20-19_Box.jpg

I'm down for that as a day 1 purchase.  Glad this didn't end up digital only.

#29584 Mattiful-Joe   Henshin A Go-Go Baby! CAGiversary!   2947 Posts   Joined 16.9 Years Ago  

Mattiful-Joe

Posted 22 August 2019 - 10:43 PM

While I'm certainly going go get this, the PS3 case is a strange extra. I'd understand if Sega had released 0 and rereleased 1 and 2, and even 6 on PS3 but given that is not the case, what's the point? It's not as if putting 3 to 5 and Dead Souls on a shelf means that much.

It'd make far more sense had they just included PS4 cases for each of these. Oh well.

#29585 Markmallow  

Markmallow

Posted 23 August 2019 - 12:00 AM

Yakuza Remastered Collection is up for pre-order now.

https://www.amazon.c...gateway&sr=8-13

#29586 Souffrir   Eternally Training CAG CAGiversary!   5131 Posts   Joined 7.8 Years Ago  

Posted 23 August 2019 - 02:57 AM

Hm. The $10 credit I used seems to have been taken into account before tax calculation. Saved me an extra few cents!

#29587 shadowysea07   Cjenvy I'm ready for you awd this time I'm wearing pants CAGiversary!   5583 Posts   Joined 7.3 Years Ago  

shadowysea07

Posted 23 August 2019 - 03:49 AM

Super Beat Xonic is on sale for 89 cents on the switch eshop.

#29588 Souffrir   Eternally Training CAG CAGiversary!   5131 Posts   Joined 7.8 Years Ago  

Posted 23 August 2019 - 03:57 AM

Quick question about .hack//GU Last Recode I was hoping someone here could answer.

Do you have to start from the first game of the series, or can you start from any of the included games? I mean is it literally possible, I’m not asking about the story.

#29589 shadowysea07   Cjenvy I'm ready for you awd this time I'm wearing pants CAGiversary!   5583 Posts   Joined 7.3 Years Ago  

shadowysea07

Posted 23 August 2019 - 04:03 AM

Quick question about .hack//GU Last Recode I was hoping someone here could answer.

Do you have to start from the first game of the series, or can you start from any of the included games? I mean is it literally possible, I’m not asking about the story.

Like in the originals you can start from any game without carrying over a save.  Of course doing so you get stuck with whatever stats, level, items and equipment and such they give you.  And are probably locked out of any sidequest chains.  Now if you start on the god or whatever mode they have the majority of stuff already set up for you like being at the level cap with the reaper scissors you get from the doppleganger and such.  I did the god mode for 1 simply because I played the hell out of that back in the day so I didn't have alot of interest in regrinding to get all that money equipment and such again.  

Whatever game you start at make sure you snag the needle rippers as your twinblade weapon.  Best twinblade weapon easy because of its innate skill where you charge attack and ghost step through enemies and deal a bunch of hits.  You get one via the story tournament in 1 and another through a sidequest or something.  Which is a shame as I would have liked to max it out to 5 stars by fusing it with more of them.

#29590 artego   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   237 Posts   Joined 12.7 Years Ago  

Posted 23 August 2019 - 04:22 AM

While I'm certainly going go get this, the PS3 case is a strange extra. I'd understand if Sega had released 0 and rereleased 1 and 2, and even 6 on PS3 but given that is not the case, what's the point? It's not as if putting 3 to 5 and Dead Souls on a shelf means that much.

It'd make far more sense had they just included PS4 cases for each of these. Oh well.

I'm suspicious if they're something like leftovers from a planned and cancelled Yakuza 5 release...

#29591 Starcrest   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   898 Posts   Joined 9.9 Years Ago  

Starcrest

Posted 23 August 2019 - 03:15 PM

I'm suspicious if they're something like leftovers from a planned and cancelled Yakuza 5 release...

It’s very unlikely they’d produce the cases prior to that. Maybe the design for it perhaps.

#29592 nightc1   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   3307 Posts   Joined 15.2 Years Ago  

Posted 23 August 2019 - 05:41 PM

Yakuza Remastered Collection is Live on Amazon for preorder:

https://www.amazon.c...duct/B07WRMP3R8

I went ahead and locked in my preorder there, but since I'm not prime it has the free shipping with 7+ days extra wait after launch which will keep the door open for me just grabbing it at Walmart for $10 less at launch and then cancelling this.  If I can't get it at walmart, well at least I have this preorder. I don't buy many games anymore (I'm very picky because I know realistically how much time I put in with gaming) so it's not the end of the world paying full price.   Plus this is essentially $20 each game for physical releases and they are reworking the script and adding things in that were cut from the NA original releases... so... it seems well worth it.

#29593 motaku96   CAG in Training CAGiversary!   1965 Posts   Joined 7.6 Years Ago  

Posted 26 August 2019 - 04:49 AM

I feel it's worth noting that Fanatical is having a pretty comprehensive summer sale.

You can take an additional 10% off with FANATICAL10. If you subscribe to their emails, you might have a coupon to take 12% off instead.

Almost seems like their entire catalogue is on sale. And some of these games are matching the lowest they've been in the past.

With the coupon, Date A Live is $27. If you're interested though, IF still has the limited edition available for $85 and I think as far as limited editions go, especially for PC, that's a pretty good value for what you get.

#29594 Nothing-   Tomorrow King - Interloper Kai CAGiversary!   9150 Posts   Joined 9.0 Years Ago  

Posted 26 August 2019 - 11:51 PM

Here's What the Sony PS5 Could Look Like

#29595 Mattiful-Joe   Henshin A Go-Go Baby! CAGiversary!   2947 Posts   Joined 16.9 Years Ago  

Mattiful-Joe

Posted 27 August 2019 - 12:58 AM

Here's What the Sony PS5 Could Look Like

Those are based on the alleged dev kit looks. I'm skeptical Sony would go with that look. It would be quite a departure from its past designs, which are not into being that flamboyant. This looks like what the designer of the OG Xbox would make.

#29596 bappt   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   936 Posts   Joined 15.2 Years Ago  

Posted 27 August 2019 - 03:55 AM

Crystar has a 10% preorder discount on PSN if you pick it up before the store updates. $53.99 pre-tax

Physical copies get a mini-art book while digital gets PS4 themes.

#29597 BMXJouster   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   1438 Posts   Joined 12.8 Years Ago  

Posted 27 August 2019 - 05:07 AM

Mega Man Zero/ZX Legacy Collection leaked:

https://gematsu.com/...uncement-leaked

Release date is January 21, 2020.

#29598 woozie2  

Posted 27 August 2019 - 06:24 AM

I just happened to trade in my DS copies of ZX and ZX Advent into GameStop yesterday with the extra $5 credit per game bonus. I probably would've contemplated trading in my DS Zero Collection too if I had known about this. Unfortunately seeing as how Capcom never patched the input lag on the X Legacy Collections, I have my reservations about how this new collection will turn out.

#29599 nitrosmob   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   10116 Posts   Joined 14.2 Years Ago  

Posted 27 August 2019 - 01:48 PM

I had a somewhat hard time playing the Mega Man Zero trilogy on the DS or such. I couldn't get used to to the controls for some reason haha.

#29600 AugustAPC   Not For Sale CAGiversary!   3650 Posts   Joined 10.0 Years Ago  

Posted 27 August 2019 - 02:00 PM

Wonder if they'll actually put the whole thing on the cartridge this time.

#29601 Vigilante   poyo CAGiversary!   37700 Posts   Joined 15.0 Years Ago  

Posted 27 August 2019 - 02:07 PM

I just hope we get a cartridge/disc for this one at all.

#29602 kevers7290   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   348 Posts   Joined 8.5 Years Ago  

kevers7290

Posted 27 August 2019 - 03:13 PM

Is it possible to update/download free DLC for Asia region games(on PS4), or do I need to create a new PSN account for that region to do so?

#29603 nightc1   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   3307 Posts   Joined 15.2 Years Ago  

Posted 27 August 2019 - 03:24 PM

Yakuza Remastered Collection got to the #1 spot on Amazon for PS4 game sales for a while. It's #2 right now. Pretty impressive. Maybe this will inspire Sega to bring over the side games in the series for a second Remastered Collection.

Seems like there's no good excuse for not putting them all on the cart.  I think the games added up are under 1gb total.

#29604 Zaku77   \m/ CAGiversary!   5071 Posts   Joined 10.7 Years Ago  

Posted 27 August 2019 - 04:36 PM

Is it possible to update/download free DLC for Asia region games(on PS4), or do I need to create a new PSN account for that region to do so?

For Playstation games (PS3, PS4, Vita, and I *think* PSP) DLC and saves are region locked. So if you want to download any DLC for, let's say, an Asian English game, then you'll need to create the corresponding PSN region account and set your PS4 to be its primary console. Then you can download DLC on that profile and install it to the PS4, and then go back to your normal NA PSN account and make use of it with the Asian disc. I have a UK, JP, and Asian (forget the exact region that you need for this one) account for this very reason. 

Also, you can use a single gmail account for all of them, as putting a period in the middle of the email address still dumps it to the same mailbox. As an example, if you have kevers7290@gmail.com you could then make a Japanese PSN account with the email address being k.evers7290@gmail.com and it would go to the same email address as the original without the dot. You can just move the dot for each one and have all of your regional PSN accounts technically under one email address that way. 

#29605 Nothing-   Tomorrow King - Interloper Kai CAGiversary!   9150 Posts   Joined 9.0 Years Ago  

Posted 27 August 2019 - 04:59 PM

You know, for a security guard he had an awful lot of information, don't you think?

#29606 Soma_Cruz   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   1627 Posts   Joined 11.8 Years Ago  

Soma_Cruz

Posted 27 August 2019 - 05:33 PM

I hope so. Since this isn't split into two collections I have some optimism. I would rather have this on Switch but will buy on PS4 if it's half digital.

#29607 Zenax[zd]   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   709 Posts   Joined 12.0 Years Ago  

Zenax[zd]

Posted 27 August 2019 - 06:02 PM

Also, you can use a single gmail account for all of them, as putting a period in the middle of the email address still dumps it to the same mailbox. As an example, if you have kevers7290@gmail.com you could then make a Japanese PSN account with the email address being k.evers7290@gmail.com and it would go to the same email address as the original without the dot. You can just move the dot for each one and have all of your regional PSN accounts technically under one email address that way. 

Yo that's really cool. I've actually just been making new emails each time I needed a different region for psn. Wish I'd know this as it'd made things more streamlined. 

#29608 nitrosmob   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   10116 Posts   Joined 14.2 Years Ago  

Posted 27 August 2019 - 06:37 PM

Yo that's really cool. I've actually just been making new emails each time I needed a different region for psn. Wish I'd know this as it'd made things more streamlined. 

Same at least for my 3 accounts (US/JPN/Malaysia I believe) i have 3 accounts in case I needed them for something haha.

#29609 The Dead Texan   Rest in Peace, Big Rizzle CAGiversary!   3870 Posts   Joined 11.7 Years Ago  

The Dead Texan

Posted 29 August 2019 - 05:45 AM

Yakuza is a JRPG now. Maybe now it'll hold my attention 

#29610 987654321.   CAG in Training CAGiversary!   292 Posts   Joined 7.8 Years Ago  

Posted 29 August 2019 - 12:29 PM