* * * * - 28 votes

Japanese Niche Games Deals & Discussion Thread 4.0

#29731 Starcrest   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   693 Posts   Joined 8.9 Years Ago  

Starcrest

Posted 10 September 2019 - 03:07 AM

The physical versions of AI have been pushed back another week to Sept 24.

#29732 NeoMonk  

Posted 10 September 2019 - 03:31 AM

December 5th Switch/PS4 release in JP

#29733 shadowysea07   Cjenvy I'm ready for you awd this time I'm wearing pants CAGiversary!   4849 Posts   Joined 6.3 Years Ago  

shadowysea07

Posted 10 September 2019 - 01:42 PM

Meh not digging some of the redesigns there or renaming of characters.  I am glad they left a few the same like Welch and mavelle at least.  Probably the saddest part is they changed ranmas design ;_;

#29734 Midori Monkey  

Midori Monkey

Posted 10 September 2019 - 04:32 PM

I can't wait for Rune Factory 4. That SE looks great! Since I don't have GCU anymore so I'll probably just order it directly through Xseed, and it looks like the SE qualifies for free shipping.

#29735 Soma_Cruz   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   1580 Posts   Joined 10.8 Years Ago  

Soma_Cruz

Posted 10 September 2019 - 08:57 PM

and it looks like the SE qualifies for free shipping.

Really hmmm I might order from there also then. Never ordered from the XSeed store before but don't recall hearing anything negative about it. I was figuring I'd be paying $50 for the standard release so $60 for SE isn't bad at all.

#29736 ar4757   Makoto x Joker is canon CAGiversary!   936 Posts   Joined 5.2 Years Ago  

Posted 10 September 2019 - 11:45 PM

I can't wait for Rune Factory 4. That SE looks great! Since I don't have GCU anymore so I'll probably just order it directly through Xseed, and it looks like the SE qualifies for free shipping.

If you want to use my GCU on it feel free to PM

#29737 Squarehard   Nyaa~ CAGiversary!   20888 Posts   Joined 11.7 Years Ago  

Posted 11 September 2019 - 03:34 AM

Meh not digging some of the redesigns there or renaming of characters.  I am glad they left a few the same like Welch and mavelle at least.  Probably the saddest part is they changed ranmas design ;_;

As much fun as First Departure was, Second Story is still my GOAT of SO.

Played the hell out of that game.

#29738 Covnam   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   1312 Posts   Joined 14.6 Years Ago  

Posted 11 September 2019 - 04:18 AM

Yeah, not really doing it for me either. It's odd that they would redesign them while leaving the in-game sprites the same too.

Well, I just recently played this, so I won't be picking it up any time soon, if ever, but hopefully it does well enough for 2 to come out here. No reason to play the PSP version like 1 when there's a better version on the PS4 already out in Japan

#29739 nightc1   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   2785 Posts   Joined 14.2 Years Ago  

Posted 11 September 2019 - 02:31 PM

Dragon Quest 1 - 3 physical for Switch (Asia, w/English) is available for preorder on play-asia...

https://www.play-asi...guage/13/70d0en

I'm hoping we get an NA version but may just go for this version since it'll be the same content anyway.

#29740 bigstew  

Posted 11 September 2019 - 04:30 PM

Dragon Quest 1 - 3 physical for Switch (Asia, w/English) is available for preorder on play-asia...

I'm hoping we get an NA version but may just go for this version since it'll be the same content anyway.

would rather hope to see an all physical version of megamans come west, the ps4 box set for jp is pretty neat but would rather get that released for the switch but the demand of nintendo to push codes instead of all on cart is a deterrent

#29741 denpanosekai  

denpanosekai

Posted 11 September 2019 - 04:35 PM

The cool thing about Asian English releases is it gives us an alternative to the stupidly expensive Square Enix store shipping fees (to Canada anyway) Also they don't tend to be very rare for the first few years so you can safely sleep on it for a bit, maybe even hope for it to be on sale @ play-asia.

#29742 Zaku77   \m/ CAGiversary!   4950 Posts   Joined 9.7 Years Ago  

Posted 11 September 2019 - 05:19 PM

would rather hope to see an all physical version of megamans come west, the ps4 box set for jp is pretty neat but would rather get that released for the switch but the demand of nintendo to push codes instead of all on cart is a deterrent

Do you mean this release?

http://www.cdjapan.c...oduct/CPCS-1160

I'm sure that the packaging will be in Japanese, but dollars to donuts the games will all support English. 

#29743 bigstew  

Posted 11 September 2019 - 06:08 PM

Do you mean this release?

http://www.cdjapan.c...oduct/CPCS-1160

I'm sure that the packaging will be in Japanese, but dollars to donuts the games will all support English. 

yeah only saw a ps4 listing, tempted to get that but will want to make sure its still not half games on cart with download codes, should have eng support but no guarantee and the ps4 listing is showing rockman instead

#29744 Zaku77   \m/ CAGiversary!   4950 Posts   Joined 9.7 Years Ago  

Posted 11 September 2019 - 06:25 PM

yeah only saw a ps4 listing, tempted to get that but will want to make sure its still not half games on cart with download codes, should have eng support but no guarantee and the ps4 listing is showing rockman instead

I have the Japanese individual releases of X Collection part 1 and part 2, as I wasn't okay with the download nonsense for the NA release. You can choose between JP and English versions. And the X Collection Part 2 is on cart (again, the point of importing that individual release). So at the very least those will be. And, given their patterns, it's a safe bet that the classic collection will be too. I bet it won't sell out straight away, so you could definitely wait to make its what you're looking for.

Sent from my Razer Phone 2 using Tapatalk

#29745 nagpo  

Posted 12 September 2019 - 12:05 AM

Unfortunately the Saga games are not going to get a physical release according to the trailer. Maybe a asia release too?

#29746 bigstew  

Posted 12 September 2019 - 12:52 AM

I have the Japanese individual releases of X Collection part 1 and part 2, as I wasn't okay with the download nonsense for the NA release. You can choose between JP and English versions. And the X Collection Part 2 is on cart (again, the point of importing that individual release). So at the very least those will be. And, given their patterns, it's a safe bet that the classic collection will be too. I bet it won't sell out straight away, so you could definitely wait to make its what you're looking for.

Sent from my Razer Phone 2 using Tapatalk

well a general rule i have been following is double check switch releases and absolutely avoid pre ordering anything that comes out on ps4 as its getting censored across platforms by sony, or partially with male only dlc to avoid sony censors and the retro rerelease gettubg censored...sad that their are few game getting release without censorship, well sony actively retro censoring or discontiuning dlc is proof of one buy physical, two avoid preorders as its just test products for suckers and promotions for positive censorships  

#29747 NeoMonk  

Posted 12 September 2019 - 01:25 AM

Final Fantasy 7 Remake TGS 2019 DEMO Walkthrough

DragonBall Z Kakarot TGS 2019 Trailer 

Shenmue 3 TGS 2019 Trailer

Death Stranding TGS 2019 Briefing Trailer

Yo-Kai Watch 4 Coming to PS4 Trailer

Project REsistance TGS 2019 Trailer

Persona 5 Themed Playstation 4 Consoles on Sale

#29748 Olengie   Your Waifu is Kuso. Except Mine CAGiversary!   11820 Posts   Joined 7.2 Years Ago  

Posted 12 September 2019 - 03:13 AM

Where is my Persona 3 Remaster announcement ATLUS. smh.

tumblr_pxo91tbSC21vgzd4so5_r1_540.gif

#29749 Squarehard   Nyaa~ CAGiversary!   20888 Posts   Joined 11.7 Years Ago  

Posted 12 September 2019 - 05:01 AM

Been back to buying games for 6 days, and I'm already $900 down. ~_~

tenor.gif?itemid=9214540

#29750 Olengie   Your Waifu is Kuso. Except Mine CAGiversary!   11820 Posts   Joined 7.2 Years Ago  

Posted 12 September 2019 - 05:37 AM

Sakura Wars

#29751 tangytangerine   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   4154 Posts   Joined 13.7 Years Ago  

tangytangerine

Posted 12 September 2019 - 06:12 AM

Just wanted to mention that Amazon has restocked Kotodama: 7 Mysteries of Fujisawa on PS4:  https://www.amazon.c...deogames&sr=1-1

But beware, because I've ordered it 3 times this week and all 3 times were PAL copies.  After the third time, I was told to keep it and they issued a credit for it.  Also was told they're having the department who looks into that to check their inventory for more PAL copies.  All 3 that I got just had stickers on the front with the title and a barcode, but still had the PAL barcode uncovered on the back.

#29752 BigManJapan  

BigManJapan

Posted 12 September 2019 - 06:47 AM

That CG Gungrave trailer was badass. Not sure how the actual gameplay will compare.

#29753 shadowysea07   Cjenvy I'm ready for you awd this time I'm wearing pants CAGiversary!   4849 Posts   Joined 6.3 Years Ago  

shadowysea07

Posted 12 September 2019 - 07:02 AM

Yeah, not really doing it for me either. It's odd that they would redesign them while leaving the in-game sprites the same too.

Well, I just recently played this, so I won't be picking it up any time soon, if ever, but hopefully it does well enough for 2 to come out here. No reason to play the PSP version like 1 when there's a better version on the PS4 already out in Japan

Interestingly enough they apparently kept both the original and the new designs in the game to toggle through as options along with the original voice work and the new voice work.  It's announced to be a world wide release for dec 5th and is 20.99 Which is surprisingly low given lazier ports have gotten 40 or more.  Still since I played it only a few years ago it's a solid pass for me.  Especially since it's digital only.

What I want to know is if they changed the characters models why didn't they redo the cutscenes?  It will look pretty stupid if you see new versions of them one moment then switched to cutscene and they have in some cases completely different designs.

#29754 Covnam   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   1312 Posts   Joined 14.6 Years Ago  

Posted 12 September 2019 - 07:55 AM

Interestingly enough they apparently kept both the original and the new designs in the game to toggle through as options along with the original voice work and the new voice work.  It's announced to be a world wide release for dec 5th and is 20.99 Which is surprisingly low given lazier ports have gotten 40 or more.  Still since I played it only a few years ago it's a solid pass for me.  Especially since it's digital only.

What I want to know is if they changed the characters models why didn't they redo the cutscenes?  It will look pretty stupid if you see new versions of them one moment then switched to cutscene and they have in some cases completely different designs.

Oh, it's good that they give the option, I was wondering about that. Also, yeah I found it pretty funny that the cutscenes were the same (using the old designs) and weren't redone either. 

Maybe that's why it's cheaper then you'd expect coming from them, the only thing they really did was create some new portraits and re-dub it :lol:

#29755 The Dead Texan   Rest in Peace, Big Rizzle CAGiversary!   3861 Posts   Joined 10.7 Years Ago  

The Dead Texan

Posted 12 September 2019 - 09:24 AM

As much fun as First Departure was, Second Story is still my GOAT of SO.

Played the hell out of that game.

Yeah, that was one of my all-time favorite JRPGs of the PS1. The freedom the game gives you with just about every aspect of character leveling is nuts. The PSP 'remake' was a fun way to revisit it. 

Save scumming for that NG+ sword in one of the first towns in the game was hilarious. Same for making those forged medals so you can level up to 99 any time you want. Such a cool game

#29756 nagpo  

Posted 12 September 2019 - 09:59 AM

Gungrave looks kind of cool but it looks way different than the anime and so does the art. Am I missing something here? What's the story of this game?

#29757 The Dead Texan   Rest in Peace, Big Rizzle CAGiversary!   3861 Posts   Joined 10.7 Years Ago  

The Dead Texan

Posted 12 September 2019 - 10:33 AM

Another Merlin rateup in FGO and another failed attempt on my part. 300 quartz and 30 tickets. I guess I'm just not meant to get him

#29758 anotherpoorgamer   Bird's Nest Hair CAGiversary!   5429 Posts   Joined 13.8 Years Ago  

anotherpoorgamer

Posted 12 September 2019 - 11:06 AM

Just wanted to mention that Amazon has restocked Kotodama: 7 Mysteries of Fujisawa on PS4:  https://www.amazon.c...deogames&sr=1-1

But beware, because I've ordered it 3 times this week and all 3 times were PAL copies.  After the third time, I was told to keep it and they issued a credit for it.  Also was told they're having the department who looks into that to check their inventory for more PAL copies.  All 3 that I got just had stickers on the front with the title and a barcode, but still had the PAL barcode uncovered on the back.

Besides the PEGI logo. What's the difference with the PAL version of this game with the NTSC version?

#29759 tangytangerine   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   4154 Posts   Joined 13.7 Years Ago  

tangytangerine

Posted 12 September 2019 - 11:41 AM

Besides the PEGI logo. What's the difference with the PAL version of this game with the NTSC version?

Nothing that I can notice, seems fine to me.    It's apparently got bugs where it corrupts saves and can't progress through the game during certain choices.  Although I haven't played it enough to run into those yet and not sure the patch fixes them.  But apparently all 3 systems(PS4, Switch & PC) all have the same bugs.

I guess that's the reason why it was being sold for $30 when it originally came out.

#29760 Josef   Touched the dead CAGiversary!   12643 Posts   Joined 15.5 Years Ago  

Posted 12 September 2019 - 04:10 PM

Did you only get the PS4 version or did the Switch version have a similar problem at Amazon?  The Switch version is about $6 more expensive so I'm considering going that route.