Best Buy: Pre-Order the OCULUS RIFT on 2/16 at 10 AM CST

no658ea3

CAGiversary!
Feedback
25 (100%)
https://corporate.bestbuy.com/pre-order-oculus-rift-virtual-reality-system-at-best-buy/

http://www.bestbuy.com/site/clp/oculus-rift-vr-offer/pcmcat748301736879.c?id=pcmcat748301736879

Oculus-Rift-5-652x368.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Title is not correct.  You can preorder a PC with the Oculus Rift from Best Buy, Amazon and the Microsoft store on 2/16 at 10am with the PC and Rift shipping in April.  They will not be selling the Rift separately at any of those retailers at this time.  

Hubert pls, how is this in any way cheap? :shame:

Serious note though, thanks for posting for those who have 3 grand to plop down :D/

The cheapest package, from a retail standpoint (6th gen i5, GTX 670 4GB, 1TB hdd, usb 3.1), really doesn't seem too bad at $1,450. The problem is anyone who is remotely interested in this will most likely build the system themselves for cheaper anyways.

This seems more like a "Hey, look you can buy this" post more than it is a deal.

VR seems like not something you want to early adopt.  Wait and see how it all shakes out.

I have zero desire to buy a pre-built system. Build my own all the way. Any news if there will be an option to buy just the Rift by itself from BB at some point?

The cheapest package, from a retail standpoint (6th gen i5, GTX 970 4GB, 1TB hdd, usb 3.1), really doesn't seem too bad at $1,450. The problem is anyone who is remotely interested in this will most likely build the system themselves for cheaper anyways.
FTFY.

Also, I added a SSD to this build - You actually would come out ahead with the Best Buy preorder.

At this point, the difference (besides cost) is knowing exactly what is in your computer, where as the part quality in the prefab computer from Best Buy is most likely using proprietary parts.

Dammit Hubert read the rules

Only post specific video game deals. No self-promotion!

EDIT: Maybe this is just how he gets his Jolys

bread's done
Back