- - - - -

Square Enix Online Store 1st Anniversary Sale

#61 melancholysp   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   98 Posts   Joined 10.4 Years Ago  

melancholysp

Posted 12 February 2016 - 05:46 PM

How do the digital downloads work on there site? I'd like to get the FFXIII series on PC, but they don't say they are Steam keys (which I would prefer).

#62 Geco17   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   2877 Posts   Joined 8.4 Years Ago  

Posted 12 February 2016 - 06:03 PM

Any body have to return something before and know know if returns are a hassle? I'm thinking of getting RotTR collector's edition, but I want to return it in case the packaging is beat up.

#63 Shugo  

Posted 12 February 2016 - 06:22 PM

You missed IV which is one of the best period and they did an outstanding job remaking it when they ported it to DS.

Already own it, lol. Don't worry. Any FF not listed is an FF I already have; this sale pretty much completed my collection.

I also already have versions of FFI, III, IX, and X|X2, but they're mostly digital so I figured this would be a great time to grab some physical copies for the collection. Can't beat $7.50 for (what i'm assuming is) a brand new PS1 game, or $10 for the Vita X|X2.

#64 Shugo  

Posted 12 February 2016 - 06:24 PM

How do the digital downloads work on there site? I'd like to get the FFXIII series on PC, but they don't say they are Steam keys (which I would prefer).

I just got FFXI's digital version and it was non-Steam, if that helps. They simply linked me to a gigantic 6gig .zip file containing all the installers and gave me a serial key.

#65 chnandler_bong   Unofficial CAG Headless Mad Comber of Comb Mountain CAGiversary!   11109 Posts   Joined 9.7 Years Ago  

chnandler_bong

Posted 12 February 2016 - 08:35 PM

I just got FFXI's digital version and it was non-Steam, if that helps. They simply linked me to a gigantic 6gig .zip file containing all the installers and gave me a serial key.

That's just disgusting...

#66 ghost1914  

Posted 12 February 2016 - 08:51 PM

Isn't that the mmo? I don't know if that's even on steam altogether.

#67 Masterkyo   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   11366 Posts   Joined 16.6 Years Ago  

Posted 12 February 2016 - 08:54 PM

Tried get FF vita game but they wants $8 in shipping.  Ouch!  i pass ;)

#68 Gamer SDP   not much of a gamer CAGiversary!   4969 Posts   Joined 14.0 Years Ago  

Posted 12 February 2016 - 09:07 PM

need one more item to get free shipping.  A2 and Crisis Core oos atm otherwise I would have gotten those 2 as well.

EDIT: one CAG posted that Chrono Trigger sold out.  It is still available as of this post (already in my cart).  Maybe A2 and Crisis Core will return?  I guess I will wait to order until I get home.

#69 chnandler_bong   Unofficial CAG Headless Mad Comber of Comb Mountain CAGiversary!   11109 Posts   Joined 9.7 Years Ago  

chnandler_bong

Posted 12 February 2016 - 09:12 PM

Isn't that the mmo? I don't know if that's even on steam altogether.

http://store.steampo...com/app/230330/

I'm not sure if it's a "Steam" game, but they at least sell it.

#70 ghost1914  

Posted 12 February 2016 - 10:02 PM

http://store.steampo...com/app/230330/

I'm not sure if it's a "Steam" game, but they at least sell it.

Oh ok. Maybe it's like the ubi games that use uplay. They sell it but it will launch with whatever other client is used.

#71 zyxomma100   CAG in Training CAGiversary!   134 Posts   Joined 7.5 Years Ago  

zyxomma100

Posted 13 February 2016 - 03:50 AM

I purchased Lightning Returns, and it gave me a Steam key.

#72 SPORK94  

Posted 13 February 2016 - 04:15 AM

For those complaining about shipping consider this:

Nier+CT+TWEW= about 43

if you split the fees the games are about 14 a piece.

Nier (PS3): lowest is about 28+tax at the moment

CT: lowest is 25-29 and has a chance of fake cart

TWEWY: pretty much the same as Chrono Trigger

#73 Thebacklash   Now Drinking: Minor Case Rye Whiskey - Sherry Cask Finished CAGiversary!   3092 Posts   Joined 5.6 Years Ago  

Thebacklash

Posted 13 February 2016 - 04:56 AM

Yeah if you are buying 1 item.. shipping kills it. 

Even with the shipping for my order, it was still cheaper than buying elsewhere. 

And hey, they sent me a Lanyard!

#74 EldritchOnRye   Flim Flam Argle Bargle CAGiversary!   36695 Posts   Joined 15.5 Years Ago  

EldritchOnRye

Posted 13 February 2016 - 05:01 AM

Oh ok. Maybe it's like the ubi games that use uplay. They sell it but it will launch with whatever other client is used.

There's a lot of MMOs like that which are on Steam but the only way to get them through Steam is to buy them directly through Steam and everything else gets you an unbound thing.

#75 Josef   Touched the dead CAGiversary!   13114 Posts   Joined 16.3 Years Ago  

Posted 13 February 2016 - 02:16 PM

For those complaining about shipping consider this:

Nier+CT+TWEW= about 43

if you split the fees the games are about 14 a piece.

Nier (PS3): lowest is about 28+tax at the moment

CT: lowest is 25-29 and has a chance of fake cart

TWEWY: pretty much the same as Chrono Trigger

I would if I didn't already have everything I wanted from them, and I'm not going to buy duplicates of something just because it's so cheap.  I'd rather leave them for someone who doesn't have it yet. 

Anyway, charging $8 to ship one tiny Vita game in a bubble mailer is beyond ridiculous.

#76 cjagar   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   19 Posts   Joined 12.9 Years Ago  

Posted 13 February 2016 - 09:11 PM

id like to know this too, lightning returns is specifically marked as having a steam key but 13 isnt marked, but id buy it if it was on steam

#77 needler420   car title is lost CAGiversary!   2492 Posts   Joined 9.8 Years Ago  

Posted 13 February 2016 - 11:35 PM

I emailed them asking to modify my order and add chronological trigger for sale price so I don't have to render for new shipping fees.

I couldn't find chrono trigger on the site for days. It shows name in title in search but doesn't come up unless I go to physical media category and go in abc order from there.

Here's hoping they can modify it. I traded in my copy to Amazon like 4 years ago for $8 keeping the poster.

Don't really regret it.

#78 JCross3000  

JCross3000

Posted 14 February 2016 - 12:22 AM

Ha! $7.99 for shipping on a $9.99 game? Might as well buy it at retail price, what a joke.

#79 anotherpoorgamer   Bird's Nest Hair CAGiversary!   5527 Posts   Joined 14.6 Years Ago  

anotherpoorgamer

Posted 14 February 2016 - 10:47 PM

Does anyone know when this ends?  I might be able to scrape up $100 for the free shipping with some more time.

#80 Devulture   Scavenging the Earth CAGiversary!   287 Posts   Joined 11.4 Years Ago  

Posted 15 February 2016 - 04:46 AM

Here's a dumb story: I wanted to cancel my order from the SE store so I can make the order later.  I filed in the form, but they either ignored it or I was too late to change anything (I was only an hour behind), because they sent me a shipping notice a day later.

And yet here's the kicker.  I checked back at the SE store, and I noticed that the Chrono Trigger DS version is no longer listed, instead of being waitlisted like the others.  Seems like they no longer have any copies of the game.  My order, by the way, contains the Chrono Trigger DS version as one of the items (the others being TWEWY and FFT:WotL, both of which are now waitlisted; would love to get Crisis Core, but I didn't pull the trigger fast enough).  Had I succeed in cancelling my order, I would never get a chance to re-order Chrono Trigger DS. 

I guess I should thank the PepitaStore for ignoring my request.

#81 Thebacklash   Now Drinking: Minor Case Rye Whiskey - Sherry Cask Finished CAGiversary!   3092 Posts   Joined 5.6 Years Ago  

Thebacklash

Posted 15 February 2016 - 05:15 AM

id like to know this too, lightning returns is specifically marked as having a steam key but 13 isnt marked, but id buy it if it was on steam

As others pointed out, *some* of the games are Steam keys, which I think they are all marked. Some were only released on Steam years later, while others always were on Steam. If they were always on Steam.. odds are you'll get a Steam Key. Added later.. probably not.

IMO they should do a better job telling the potential customer HOW the digital game will be delivered. (Steam key, direct Download from SE etc)

Does anyone know when this ends?  I might be able to scrape up $100 for the free shipping with some more time.

Pretty sure the 21st. 

#82 Fragems  

Posted 17 February 2016 - 02:48 AM

Got my package in today :). Super happy with the packaging job plus it only took 5 days to get here which is a heck of a lot faster then I was expecting it given some of the talk around here.

z0j661B.jpg

#83 FissFiss   Meow CAGiversary!   8627 Posts   Joined 7.4 Years Ago  

Posted 17 February 2016 - 02:53 AM

Got my package in today :). Super happy with the packaging job plus it only took 5 days to get here which is a heck of a lot faster then I was expecting it given some of the talk around here.

z0j661B.jpg

Mine didnt even shit yet

#84 batman1939   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   1395 Posts   Joined 13.0 Years Ago  

Posted 17 February 2016 - 03:29 AM

Mine didnt even shit yet

Might need more fiber.

#85 Devulture   Scavenging the Earth CAGiversary!   287 Posts   Joined 11.4 Years Ago  

Posted 17 February 2016 - 10:26 PM

Gotta sympathize with him.  My package came today in the same amount of days, it was packaged well, and my games (+ lanyard) are in pristine condition.  They haven't gone cheap with Super Saver shipping option.

#86 Fragems  

Posted 17 February 2016 - 10:38 PM

Yeah I was surprised I was expecting either a bubble mailer or oversized box given my experience with most other retailers but these guys actually got a box which fit perfectly and there was plenty of air cushions in there to keep the stuff from rattling around. Really gotta give them a thumbs up for it best packaging job I've seen in a long time.

#87 demonofelru  

demonofelru

Posted 18 February 2016 - 02:47 AM

I ordered an order, then saw the $100 free shipping that for some reason was 99 cents so reordered and sent request to cancel.  Unfortunately looks like they didn't get to it in time 4 days later got notified of shipment.  Anyone know if I can just refuse the package for refund?  Sent another support ticket asking but they haven't answered my first one so not holding my breath for an answer.

Edit: Also, whats up with he rewards points?  Seems they were supposed to add the rewards since 2015, but can't find anything else on it?

#88 FissFiss   Meow CAGiversary!   8627 Posts   Joined 7.4 Years Ago  

Posted 18 February 2016 - 02:57 AM

Lol my order said "Shipped" on their website since yesterday.

Just got a shipping email from them and the tracking number says all they did so far was create a packing label on 2/17 (TODAY)

Really wish they would either go out of business  (may be a little harse) or learn to be more CS based; honestly...paying $8 for shipping should get you two day shipping not 5-8 (more like 10) days; obviously they are pocketing alot of the shipping cost.

#89 FissFiss   Meow CAGiversary!   8627 Posts   Joined 7.4 Years Ago  

Posted 18 February 2016 - 02:58 AM

I ordered an order, then saw the $100 free shipping that for some reason was 99 cents so reordered and sent request to cancel.  Unfortunately looks like they didn't get to it in time 4 days later got notified of shipment.  Anyone know if I can just refuse the package for refund?  Sent another support ticket asking but they haven't answered my first one so not holding my breath for an answer.

Edit: Also, whats up with he rewards points?  Seems they were supposed to add the rewards sing 2015, but can't find anything else on it?

It's Square.  Don't EVER expect to cancel an order after you placed it.  

#90 mitch079   Mumm-Ra shares with no one! CAGiversary!   12827 Posts   Joined 16.1 Years Ago  

Posted 18 February 2016 - 03:16 AM

Edit: Also, whats up with he rewards points?  Seems they were supposed to add the rewards sing 2015, but can't find anything else on it?

Read the return process, it doesn't sound likely they'll accept a flat out refusal of a package.  https://store.na.squ...v#return_policy

https://store.na.squ...nix.com/rewards