Best Buy: Xbox One Kinect Sensor for $99.99 ($50.00 off)

FXHMantis

CAGiversary!
http://www.bestbuy.com/site/microsoft-xbox-one-kinect-sensor-black/8462033.p?id=1219336313412&skuId=8462033

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00NMST9G8/ref=ox_sc_act_title_1?ie=UTF8&psc=1&smid=ATVPDKIKX0DER

Spotted Xbox One Kinect Sensor for $99.99 at Best Buy, normally $149.99. Also available through Best Buy website. Doesn't appear to anything like a deal of the day nor have I seen any mentions of permanent price drops for it. $79.99 online for open box device. Oddly enough, GCU did not apply to the purchase price but the clerk may have just applied it incorrectly.

[attachment=20407:image.jpeg]

Last edited by a moderator:
GCU doesn't apply. It has also been this price at BB for awhile now (I don't recall them putting it back to $149.99 at any point).

I actually asked them because I saw the other $149.99 sticker price there as well at another spot they had it displayed but that was the first I had seen the actual $99.99 price. I bought a second Xbox One like a week ago too without the Kinect sensor because it was still marked at $149.99 at the Gamestop I bought it from and wasn't included in their Pick a Bundle promotion.

They did the same thing with Xbox One last holiday. It was $50 off until Christmas, then went back up for a bit and eventually became the permanent price.

Bought one during the holidays for $80 at Newegg, then I realized it only have 1 worthwhile game, that is the bundled Dance Central. I quickly sold it when the price went back up last month. I decided to keep using my 360 Kinect if want to play Kinect games. There are way more choices. MS is pretty sad this gen. All they have are shooters. No Japanese support, no games for Kinect, no Street Fighter (unreal), no proper 6 face button gamepad to play Killer Instinct with, and overall a sluggish running OS. What happened MS?! Looks like you don't even care anymore.

I bought a perfectly good used one for $60 on eBay last week to control my home theater and my wife likes to feed apples to the giraffes in zoo tycoon.

Worst device ever.

10/10

The new one I received when I bought my console (and sold later for $150) didn't work a lot and had to be re-calibrated constantly.  This new one actually works great and even recognizes the dumb XBOX AWWWWN commands.  They are excellent for annoying my woman and making my dogs go crazy.

It also has facial recognition on my dogs.  next gen.

I bought a perfectly good used one for $60 on eBay last week to control my home theater and my wife likes to feed apples to the giraffes in zoo tycoon.

Worst device ever.

10/10

The new one I received when I bought my console (and sold later for $150) didn't work a lot and had to be re-calibrated constantly. This new one actually works great and even recognizes the dumb XBOX AWWWWN commands. They are excellent for annoying my woman and making my dogs go crazy.

It also has facial recognition on my dogs. next gen.
Can Zoo Tycoon be played with the controller? If so, I won't bother with buying a Kinect. I've never used the one that came with my 360.

I was thinking about trying to grab one for like $50, but these reviews make me think it's not even worth it.

I still have a 360, but my room was too small for the kinect to work.  I have more space now, is that the better route?

I was thinking about trying to grab one for like $50, but these reviews make me think it's not even worth it.

I still have a 360, but my room was too small for the kinect to work. I have more space now, is that the better route?
I would say stay with 360 Kinect if you want to play games with it. If you like Skype or other non gaming functions, then Xbox One's Kinect is better. It all depends on what you want to do with it.

bread's done
Back