* * * * - 3 votes

PSN Valentine's Flash Sale Ends 2/15 @ 3 PM ET - $3 Defense Grid 2, $24 Divinity OS, $4 Borderlands 2 Vita, $8 Knack, & More!

#61 ritchardf   add ritchardf on psn CAGiversary!   3463 Posts   Joined 9.5 Years Ago  

Posted Today, 02:13 AM

Yes. I've not heard of any game's saves that don't work with either version.

i think he is confusing base/game of the year editions of games with disc/digital editions of game. i know a few goty dont let you continue your game from the base version.

#62 Say_Jayx3  

Posted Today, 02:25 AM

LOL.

Something pretty funny i found on the sales page.

Looks like Ubisoft Dropped AC this year for Uncharted  :rofl:

2dqr3a0.png

VitafullxJAYx3.png

vitafullxjayx3.png

#63 ssablain   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   38 Posts   Joined 4.2 Years Ago  

ssablain

Posted Today, 02:39 AM

i think he is confusing base/game of the year editions of games with disc/digital editions of game. i know a few goty dont let you continue your game from the base version.

I think you are probably right.

#64 whitereflection   Shake well before serving CAGiversary!   4341 Posts   Joined 12.2 Years Ago  

whitereflection

Posted Today, 02:55 AM

I think you were thinking of PS3 games. There are many PS3 games where saves are not compatible between digital and physical versions.

#65 Nobodygrotesque   CAG in Training CAGiversary!   32 Posts   Joined 3.5 Years Ago  

Nobodygrotesque

Posted Today, 03:03 AM

I would say the retro inspired games are the best pickups on this sale. I have most of these games but I immediately bought Frogger of all things. Any thoughts on Yorbie for PS4?

Yorbie sucks!! Especially that last level. If your a trophy hunter the game is impossible to 100%

#66 The Questyen   Ain't that just the way CAGiversary!   1766 Posts   Joined 9.7 Years Ago  

The Questyen

Posted Today, 03:08 AM

I've heard bad things about Yorbie, but it dropping from a $20 MSRP to a $2 MSRP in eight months is probably the best sign of all. It's still less than a dollar, so you don't lose out on much if you want to verify the reputation yourself.

It's a multiplayer game that seemed to come and go without much fanfare, which doesn't speak well for what the size of its community may be at the moment. Take that for what you will.

If I remember correctly it dropped in price within days and was originally listed as Yorbie: Episode 1 but really quickly was changed to just Yorbie once they realized there was no way any one was going to finance more of this.

#67 Nobodygrotesque   CAG in Training CAGiversary!   32 Posts   Joined 3.5 Years Ago  

Nobodygrotesque

Posted Today, 03:50 AM

If I remember correctly it dropped in price within days and was originally listed as Yorbie: Episode 1 but really quickly was changed to just Yorbie once they realized there was no way any one was going to finance more of this.

Well they said from the get go it wasn't a episodic game, it just had a weird name. I bought it day 1 and even did a Let's Play of it and it was so boring. Me and another fellow trophy Hunter warned everyone to stay away from this game. He even contacted the developers about how stupidly hard the final level is and they got a attitude with him. They invert the controls, take away jumping, and do a bunch of other things with your character. No where else in the game do they do this, and it's really annoying because there is so much cheapness to the final level.

#68 postaboy   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   1510 Posts   Joined 11.1 Years Ago  

Posted Today, 04:31 AM

God dammit I don't have enough for both. I only have $10 in my PSN wallet.

Resogun or Gauntlet Slayer Edition?

Lakers for Life!

#69 Ilostmyemail  

Ilostmyemail

Posted Today, 04:39 AM

In case no one has mentioned it yet, DO NOT BUY PRIMAL CARNAGE EXTINCTION

Shitty servers, shitty aiming... It's just a shitty port without a doubt.

#70 awp   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   2618 Posts   Joined 12.1 Years Ago  

Posted Today, 04:44 AM

God dammit I don't have enough for both. I only have $10 in my PSN wallet.

Resogun or Gauntlet Slayer Edition?

I'd go for Resogun. It's awesome and one of the best PSN exclusives as far as arcade type games. Takes the classic Defender and raises it to a whole new level.

Gauntlet is okay, but could have still been a lot better even after it's "2.0" upgrade from the original PC launch.

#71 Nobodygrotesque   CAG in Training CAGiversary!   32 Posts   Joined 3.5 Years Ago  

Nobodygrotesque

Posted Today, 04:45 AM

In case no one has mentioned it yet, DO NOT BUY PRIMAL CARNAGE EXTINCTION

Shitty servers, shitty aiming... It's just a shitty port without a doubt.

Thanks! I was looking at this one.

#72 Jay   Free and Fearless CAGiversary!   1596 Posts   Joined 10.2 Years Ago  

Posted Today, 05:02 AM

Is diablo 3 worth it?

#73 postaboy   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   1510 Posts   Joined 11.1 Years Ago  

Posted Today, 05:19 AM

I'd go for Resogun. It's awesome and one of the best PSN exclusives as far as arcade type games. Takes the classic Defender and raises it to a whole new level.

Gauntlet is okay, but could have still been a lot better even after it's "2.0" upgrade from the original PC launch.

Thanks for the advice. I ended up getting Resogun.

Lakers for Life!

#74 Decker   Xbox Live Cannon Fodder CAGiversary!   1797 Posts   Joined 12.3 Years Ago  

Posted Today, 05:47 AM

Is diablo 3 worth it?

Diablo 3 is amazing, so fun has has almost infinite gameplay. Well worth it.
Also has local, online and Game-Share co-op.

8pMY1T8.jpg?2card.png

#75 Sixthman  

Sixthman

Posted Today, 05:53 AM

Borderlands 2 Vita for that price is pretty good considering the amount of content. The slowdowns bothered me enough to prefer playing on console however. Maybe if I didn't have the console versions to compare it to I wouldn't mind as much.

Diablo 3 for PS4 for 24 bucks is worth it. I paid 30 for it over the holidays and am only slightly wishing I waited. No sense getting it for PS3 at this point I think.

How is the couch co-op in Defense Grid 2? Are you getting in each other's way scrolling the screen around?

#76 Arthas54   CAG in Training CAGiversary!   19 Posts   Joined 3.2 Years Ago  

Arthas54

Posted Today, 05:57 AM

Hey all, I own Defense Grid 2 on PC, but I do most of my gaming on PS4 nowadays, its just easier for me. I love tower defense games, so is it worth buying again to play on PS4? Are the controls decent?

Also, does anyone think that The Old Hunters DLC for Bloodborne will ever go on sale?

Thanks in advance for any advice or opinions on these matters!

#77 Barry Burton   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   688 Posts   Joined 4.3 Years Ago  

Barry Burton

Posted Today, 07:31 AM

Happy Valentine's Day! Here's a bunch of games for sweaty dudebros.

It's like every game company (except Nintendo) is completely clueless about marketing to women.

what games market to women?

all the girl gamers i know play call of duty

#78 Nobodygrotesque   CAG in Training CAGiversary!   32 Posts   Joined 3.5 Years Ago  

Nobodygrotesque

Posted Today, 07:42 AM

My wife pretty much plays Destiny, and mostly Tom
Clancy stuff....she hates CoD.

#79 Arthas54   CAG in Training CAGiversary!   19 Posts   Joined 3.2 Years Ago  

Arthas54

Posted Today, 07:53 AM

My gf and I both play Destiny (Crimson Doubles is awesome lol) and CoD. She pretty much won't play anything that's not an fps

#80 Owlmanus   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   222 Posts   Joined 4.8 Years Ago  

Posted Today, 08:26 AM

Rayman Legends is a steal at that price. 

thegreekweezel.png

#81 Killerlampshade   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   120 Posts   Joined 12.6 Years Ago  

Killerlampshade

Posted Today, 11:10 AM

Damn me and my stupid refusal to buy digital games if a physical version exists.

I want to buy Rayman and Divinity, and I even have enough PSN credit, but I can't bring myself to do it.

#82 Bosamba   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   2025 Posts   Joined 4.4 Years Ago  

Posted Today, 12:59 PM

Damn me and my stupid refusal to buy digital games if a physical version exists.

I want to buy Rayman and Divinity, and I even have enough PSN credit, but I can't bring myself to do it.

I used to be the same way as you last generation, but when I traded in my  :360: console and games along with a bunch of  :ps3: games, I realized that I had a huge backlog that took up too much phsyical space. I've embraced digital this generation if the price is right (in the case of this sale, it is).

I picked up Knack, Rayman Legends, Fuse, and Ghost Recon Ultimate Edition from this sale. 

:grouphug:

Interested in a PC game but not sure if your rig can run it? Go here http://www.systemreq...tslab.com/cyri/

#83 bearranza  

bearranza

Posted Today, 02:10 PM

Rayman Legends is a steal at that price.

Couldn't agree more. In fact, if anyone is buying Rayman Legends or already has it, please send me a friend request on PSN. I'm looking for someone to do the online challenges with.

bearranza.png

#84 Sonic9jct   Killed His Fairy CAGiversary!   268 Posts   Joined 7.7 Years Ago  

Sonic9jct

Posted Today, 02:14 PM

I used to be the same way as you last generation, but when I traded in my :360: console and games along with a bunch of :ps3: games, I realized that I had a huge backlog that took up too much phsyical space. I've embraced digital this generation if the price is right (in the case of this sale, it is).

I picked up Knack, Rayman Legends, Fuse, and Ghost Recon Ultimate Edition from this sale.

Pretty much this. I was always worried about losing my digital stuff but five years later it's all still there. Getting stuff for free or super cheap digitally beats having a shelf of I played discs any day for me

#85 buffdrew84   Half Man Half Bear Half Pig CAGiversary!   9164 Posts   Joined 10.8 Years Ago  

Posted Today, 02:22 PM

I was opposed to digital games cause I couldn't trade afterwards but I had to pick up injustice and brothers as I've wanted them for some time now. I paid 12 dollars for $40 worth of games.

My elbow feel funny. My elbow feel strange.

Tradelist:

http://cheapassgamer...ad.php?t=151559

#86 luckycreature   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   120 Posts   Joined 7.5 Years Ago  

luckycreature

Posted Today, 02:30 PM

Any thoughts on Worms? Are there people playing online still?

#87 EvilChamp   Super Nintendo CAGiversary!   1168 Posts   Joined 4.8 Years Ago  

Posted Today, 02:43 PM

Divinity Original Sin ... what a great game. Haven't picked up in a while. VERY tempting, but I have Fire Emblem, Bravely Second and DkS III coming out soon ...

idk ... 

If you liked the original Dragon Age: Origins or anything like that, Divinity is a bargain at that price. I own it for PC, but want to pick it up so I can play on couch. High quality game with plenty of replay value. 

What is a man? A miserable little pile of secrets. But enough talkā€¦ Have at you!

#88 sherlock2g   Like Whoa! CAGiversary!   925 Posts   Joined 4.1 Years Ago  

sherlock2g

Posted Today, 04:48 PM

Welp, nothing for me in this sale. $4 Borderlands 2 Vita is tempting but I just brought the Handsome Jack Collection last week so I'll pass. 

robsAgeek.png

#89 Althax   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   601 Posts   Joined 4.9 Years Ago  

Posted Today, 04:51 PM

Im looking at defense grid 2, castlestorm, and magika 2, any recommendations on those?

#90 miyamotorola   I have mild to moderate eczema CAGiversary!   2166 Posts   Joined 2.7 Years Ago  

miyamotorola

Posted Today, 04:51 PM

:x I feel like this is the only forum I visit where people actually like retro games. Everywhere else people refuse to even acknowledge games that weren't released in the last few weeks :o