Quantum Break - PC version free if you pre-order Xbox One version, also free Alan Wake + expansions

boylover

CAGiversary!
http://www.bestbuy.com/site/quantum-break-xbox-one-digital-download/1000006305.p?id=1000006304&skuId=1000006305

http://remedygames.com/quantum-break-pre-orders-and-previews-launch-windows-10-version-announced/

All copies of Quantum Break on Xbox One will come with Alan Wake + DLC episodes playable on the 360 and Xbox One (now backwards compatible).

Pre-orders will also get you download codes to redeem for the Windows 10 PC version of Quantum Break, and the Xbox version of Alan Wake's American Nightmare (also X1 compatible).

Basically, if you really wanted to just play the PC version of Quantum Break you could easily pre-order this, get the download code, then sell your Xbox One copy. You'll also score the Alan Wake downloads.

The article says pre-order at Xbox Store or "participating retailers" though none are specifically mentioned.

Last edited by a moderator:
http://remedygames.com/quantum-break-pre-orders-and-previews-launch-windows-10-version-announced/

All copies of Quantum Break on Xbox One will come with Alan Wake + DLC episodes playable on the 360 and Xbox One (now backwards compatible).

Pre-orders will also get you download codes to redeem for the Windows 10 PC version of Quantum Break, and the Xbox version of Alan Wake's American Nightmare (also X1 compatible).

Basically, if you really wanted to just play the PC version of Quantum Break you could easily pre-order this, get the download code, then sell your Xbox One copy. You'll also score the Alan Wake downloads.

The article says pre-order at Xbox Store or "participating retailers" though none are specifically mentioned.
so I can get free PC version and sell the XONE version? lol

Hate to burst your bubbles but it's digital only.

HOW DO I GET THE WINDOWS 10 VERSION OF THE GAME FOR FREE?
  • Starting February 11, anyone who pre-orders the digital version of “Quantum Break” for Xbox One through the Xbox Store will receive the Windows 10 version of the game for free, downloadable at the Windows Store via redemption code. The pre-order offer also applies for those who redeem a digital code purchased from participating retailers or from the Xbox One Special Edition Quantum Break Bundle by April 5, 2016.
http://www.quantumbreak.com/windows10/

You could buy it on XBOX One and sell the PC version since they just give you a code to redeem on the Windows Store. But since you need to buy the XB1 game digital, no way to really sell that off.

GameStop is one of the "participating retailers." They also have an exclusive Steelbook in addition.
Gamestop has the Alan Wake codes and the steel book but not the Windows 10 code. It seems all physical copies get Alan Wake though.

Hate to burst your bubbles but it's digital only.

http://www.quantumbreak.com/windows10/
Figured there was a catch. Still buying the digital version on XBONE and gonna play it on my PC.

I imagine they'll share the same achievement set since there will be shared saves.

Have no problem giving them a full $60. They deserve it after the masterpiece that was Alan Wake. I feel guilty for not supporting them on that one.

EDIT: It's also nice Remedy doesn't have to fight with Microsoft to make a PC version like they did with Alan Wake

Figured there was a catch. Still buying the digital version on XBONE and gonna play it on my PC.

I imagine they'll share the same achievement set since there will be shared saves.

Have no problem giving them a full $60. They deserve it after the masterpiece that was Alan Wake. I feel guilty for not supporting them on that one.

EDIT: It's also nice Remedy doesn't have to fight with Microsoft to make a PC version like they did with Alan Wake
Yeah I got excited when I saw the offer but I like having a copy, even if it is a regular edition, and I used a Dell GC and will get another $25...Plus I know my computer probably won't run it well.

I see... So the free PC version is only for buying digital version on Xbox One.

I guess it's still possible to sell off one of the codes though -- either the PC code or the Xbox One code. Which still makes this a pretty good deal.

It's not digital only. You didn't even read your own quote very well. Keep reading....
It's you who should keep reading...

5fbbe48895d5bb0844b1b948167011f7.jpg

Is there any DLC already announced for this game?  If so, I may just wait until next year and pick up the complete version.  I have so much to play anyway

Is there any DLC already announced for this game? If so, I may just wait until next year and pick up the complete version. I have so much to play anyway
What are you hoping the long-term legacy for Quantum Break will be? Are you looking to extend the universe with DLC or is it very much a standalone story?

Thomas Puha, head of media relations: You never build a game of this scale thinking it’s a one-time thing – you always design and build with a franchise in mind. Having said that, Quantum Break is a standalone story and we have no DLC plans right now. The most important thing is to make Quantum Break as good as it can be and hope gamers and a larger audience really like the game, and then you see what comes after that. Of course we hope that our unique mix of having a game and live action TV show resonates well and is something gamers want more of.

Had the biggest smaile when I read this was coming to PC,this was one only of 2 games I wanted to play when I switched to PS4,I was so sad that I wouldnt get to play it cause it looked so good,now I do :) ,now all they need to do is bring Halo over to PC and I will never need a Xbox again lol

But talking about the deal,I hope to find someone who wants the Xbox One version and spilting it with them,$30 each would be a great deal

If it's the choice between a SB and a free PC copy, SB wins out all the time, every time.  PC copies will get cheaper at some point in the future, SBs won't be around for long post-launch.

Gamestop has the Alan Wake codes and the steel book but not the Windows 10 code. It seems all physical copies get Alan Wake though.

It's you who should keep reading...

5fbbe48895d5bb0844b1b948167011f7.jpg
GS does have the American Nightmare code w/preorder (shows on receipt at pickup,) they have the exclusive Steelbook, and all the copies come with the Alan Wake stuff, but physical disks don't get the cross-buy option of a Windows 10 version. I'm fine with that as I don't game on PC anyway.

So, not really anything besides a shiny metal case.
Value of said metal case is up to the collector/owner. If you'd prefer the cross-buy with the Windows 10 copy, then go ahead and get it. Since I'm not likely to have a PC on-hand that can drive the game in the preferred mode that would look/play better than the X1 version for a couple of years, the Windows 10 copy will likely be down to cheap at that point.

I'll take my shiny metal case and be happy about the pre-order. My guess is that likely people will miss that the X1 version doesn't come with the physical version and GS will end up with returned pre-orders once people don't see they miss the X1 version with the physical version via the SB. Since it's digital pre-orders only, it may be something they just tie to your XBL/MS account without a code.

I'm going to get the digital version, both to get the Windows copy and to support what they are trying to do with this offer.  I don't even have a PC good enough to play it, but Microsoft might finally have something that can push digital purchase.  I only purchase digital so this is a win win for me.  

Can you pre-order at target and get the PC ver and Alen Wake +Dlc free 

I'm going to get the digital version, both to get the Windows copy and to support what they are trying to do with this offer. I don't even have a PC good enough to play it, but Microsoft might finally have something that can push digital purchase. I only purchase digital so this is a win win for me.
Same. I want to support this idea of buy a Xbox One version and get one for Windows 10. Hopefully it's a trend they'll continue for their exclusives. Maybe Gears 4?

Plus also want to support Remedy who hasn't really ever made a bad game so I trust them to deliver

So, how/when do you get the W10 code though? They might send it upon XB1 code redemption. If so, you can't sell the XB1 copy and keep the W10 copy, because it would likely go to the person redeeming the XB1 copy--that's just my guess. However, you could probably team up and try to share a purchase with a friend or another CAG, like with the Smash DLC for Wii U and 3DS.

I don't like that thought, though. It makes gaming the system too easy, and I'd worry that abuse would scare future developers/publishers away from this. I'd rather see it as automatically tied to the account of redemption. That said, I could potentially be on-board for this. Get it digitally, use the Home Console sharing to let my brother-in-law play it, then give the W10 code to my little brother.

So can we buy the digital anywhere else other than through Microsoft and still get the Windows 10 code? I'd love Best Buy or target or even GameStop to save a little money (I have credit at all 3). Thanks!

So can we buy the digital anywhere else other than through Microsoft and still get the Windows 10 code? I'd love Best Buy or target or even GameStop to save a little money (I have credit at all 3). Thanks!
According to what I've read, yes. After you redeem the digital version code you'll receive a code for the PC version.

Someone else in this thread said they bought a Quantum Break X1 digital code through Best Buy.

So, how/when do you get the W10 code though? They might send it upon XB1 code redemption. If so, you can't sell the XB1 copy and keep the W10 copy, because it would likely go to the person redeeming the XB1 copy--that's just my guess. However, you could probably team up and try to share a purchase with a friend or another CAG, like with the Smash DLC for Wii U and 3DS.

I don't like that thought, though. It makes gaming the system too easy, and I'd worry that abuse would scare future developers/publishers away from this. I'd rather see it as automatically tied to the account of redemption. That said, I could potentially be on-board for this. Get it digitally, use the Home Console sharing to let my brother-in-law play it, then give the W10 code to my little brother.
The PC code will be sent to your Xbox Live account through a message after redeeming the X1 version.

You could then either redeem it yourself, or sell it or give it away to someone.

I would guess that they'll probably do it like Steam's steamplay feature where buying the game once gives you both versions (in that case Windows and Mac) attached to your account on that particular store.

i hope its a separate code that they send you for the PC version...maybe i can sell the PC code on eBay or something to get my game a little cheaper ..its really cool that they added Alan wake because I've never owned a 360 and always wanted to play it...when do we get the Alan wake code if we pre-ordered digitally..is it after quantum break comes out?

I'm waiting to find out if the Win10 version has its own achievement list. If it is just crossbuy, with a shared achievement list, then I'll just wait for a sale. I'd rather play it on my One anyway...

But if it has its own achievement list like Rise of the Tomb Raider, and they are giving us the Win10 version, then this is a deal! Double the achievements, double the fun!

I have a feeling this will be more like the Win10 version of pinball fx2 though...which makes me sad.

i hope its a separate code that they send you for the PC version...maybe i can sell the PC code on eBay or something to get my game a little cheaper ..its really cool that they added Alan wake because I've never owned a 360 and always wanted to play it...when do we get the Alan wake code if we pre-ordered digitally..is it after quantum break comes out?
I agree. I was planning on selling off the code to recoup a little of the cost. If it's going to be tied to my Microsoft account in some way I'd rather go physical then.

i hope its a separate code that they send you for the PC version...maybe i can sell the PC code on eBay or something to get my game a little cheaper
I hope the same thing for the opposite reason. I'll be looking for the PC version on ebay.

So did anyone ever find out if the windows 10 bonus code is still included if you preorder anywhere else other than directly through Microsoft?

So did anyone ever find out if the windows 10 bonus code is still included if you preorder anywhere else other than directly through Microsoft?
Yes, as long as you get a digital code. Stores like Gamestop, Best Buy and the Microsoft Store sell those (GS and MS are in-store only as far as I know).

You could also buy an Xbox / Windows Gift Card for the final price of the game if you can't / don't want to add your credit card info to your Microsoft Account, and then simply buy the game from Xbox.com. You could even build up Bing Rewards points and get it for free that way (although with the game a little over a month away, at the current ~30 points per day you probably won't get the full $60 before release...)

​On that note, just FYI for everyone who is interested in the PC version, you don't need an Xbox One to pre-order the game. If you want to pre-order it, simply do so on the Xbox.com website, you will get the PC download code as a message on the Xbox app, it even has a nice "Redeem Code" button so you can add it and start downloading as soon as the game comes out (or earlier if they decide to do pre-loading).

​The link to the pre-order is here: https://store.xbox.com/Xbox-One/Games/Quantum-Break/23630687-fad2-4cc8-8cfc-6f213b808b4f

Also just remember that how good this one does tells Microsoft a lot about PC gamers... do they actually care about PC games or only about those that are below $5? If you want to see their other games available on PC and not just Xbox, this and the Windows 10 versions of Rise of the Tomb Raider, Oxenfree, Gigantic, Fable Legends, Project Spark, etc. are the kinds of stuff you should be supporting.

Yes, as long as you get a digital code. Stores like Gamestop, Best Buy and the Microsoft Store sell those (GS and MS are in-store only as far as I know).

You could also buy an Xbox / Windows Gift Card for the final price of the game if you can't / don't want to add your credit card info to your Microsoft Account, and then simply buy the game from Xbox.com. You could even build up Bing Rewards points and get it for free that way (although with the game a little over a month away, at the current ~30 points per day you probably won't get the full $60 before release...)

​On that note, just FYI for everyone who is interested in the PC version, you don't need an Xbox One to pre-order the game. If you want to pre-order it, simply do so on the Xbox.com website, you will get the PC download code as a message on the Xbox app, it even has a nice "Redeem Code" button so you can add it and start downloading as soon as the game comes out (or earlier if they decide to do pre-loading).

​The link to the pre-order is here: https://store.xbox.com/Xbox-One/Games/Quantum-Break/23630687-fad2-4cc8-8cfc-6f213b808b4f

Also just remember that how good this one does tells Microsoft a lot about PC gamers... do they actually care about PC games or only about those that are below $5? If you want to see their other games available on PC and not just Xbox, this and the Windows 10 versions of Rise of the Tomb Raider, Oxenfree, Gigantic, Fable Legends, Project Spark, etc. are the kinds of stuff you should be supporting.
Not that I don't trust your information, but where did you confirm that the Windows 10 code was included when preordering the digital from other stores such as Best Buy or Gamestop? I have credit at both as well as amazon so that would be ideal.

The Steam version of Rise of the Tomb Raider is the one you should be supporting, since Valve has essentially been the steward of PC gaming for ~15 years now.

Not that I don't trust your information, but where did you confirm that the Windows 10 code was included when preordering the digital from other stores such as Best Buy or Gamestop? I have credit at both as well as amazon so that would be ideal.
it does say at participating retailers but if it's not in the listing by now I doubt it's gonna be offered at GS/Best Buy/Amazon. They updated the 360 alan wake/american nightmare info right away and pretty sure the pc version info would be included by now. I'm a guess a few overseas retailers will be offering it as well but for the most part I think MS wants to push the marketplace sales and test the waters for doing this in the future.

http://www.bestbuy.com/site/quantum-break-xbox-one-digital-download/1000006305.p?id=1000006304&skuId=1000006305

I pre-ordered on my Xbox One, sounded like a worthwhile deal.

I was hoping I got he AW codes while I waited.

I was sure it was in the pre-order page, but WickedEndoNinja is right, it doesn't go into detail about which stores specifically...

​I did confirm with a Microsoft Store Customer Service Representative that at least from what they have been told, digital pre-orders / purchases as a download code count as long as you redeem them before the end of the promotional period (the Xbox Store doesn't seem to have a way to distinguish where you bought the download code from... the "selected retailers" part might be just because not all retailers sell download codes, some sell branded gift cards instead which wouldn't automatically count since you have to make the purchase as an extra step).

If you want to be 100% safe however, you could buy a pre-paid Xbox / Windows Gift Card with the credit you have and use that instead to pre-order directly on the Xbox Store. That way you get to use your credit, and you get the game and bonuses guaranteed :). I know both Best Buy and GameStop allow that because the gift cards are just normal items in their inventory (unlike Amazon...)

I was sure it was in the pre-order page, but WickedEndoNinja is right, it doesn't go into detail about which stores specifically...

​I did confirm with a Microsoft Store Customer Service Representative that at least from what they have been told, digital pre-orders / purchases as a download code count as long as you redeem them before the end of the promotional period (the Xbox Store doesn't seem to have a way to distinguish where you bought the download code from... the "selected retailers" part might be just because not all retailers sell download codes, some sell branded gift cards instead which wouldn't automatically count since you have to make the purchase as an extra step).

If you want to be 100% safe however, you could buy a pre-paid Xbox / Windows Gift Card with the credit you have and use that instead to pre-order directly on the Xbox Store. That way you get to use your credit, and you get the game and bonuses guaranteed :). I know both Best Buy and GameStop allow that because the gift cards are just normal items in their inventory (unlike Amazon...)
Yea, good call. Thanks for all the info!

bread's done
Back