* * - - - 3 votes

New Nintendo Account System Pre-Registration Now Live

#1 dreamer131313  

dreamer131313

Posted 17 February 2016 - 03:35 AM

New Nintendo Account Pre-Registration Now available 

https://accounts.nin...s.nintendo.com/

sign in using your NNID, social media profile, or new account all together.

Also:

People who pre-register will be among the first to be notified about the availability of Miitomo when it launches in March. Nintendo will offer a special Miitomobonus to anyone who signs up for a Nintendo Account between Feb. 17 and launch.

my-nintendo.jpg

Nintendo outlines launch plans for first mobile app Miitomo

Nintendo's first app made exclusively for smart devices, Miitomo, will launch in North America in March for both iOS and Android phones and tablets. Today, Nintendo outlined the steps that fans can take to be among the first to get in on the social fun.

Starting Feb. 17, people will be able to pre-register for Miitomo by signing up for the new Nintendo Account service using their existing email, social media accounts or current Nintendo Network IDs. People who pre-register will be among the first to be notified about the availability of Miitomo when it launches in March. Nintendo will offer a special Miitomobonus to anyone who signs up for a Nintendo Account between Feb. 17 and launch. Miitomo is a social experience that uses Nintendo's Mii characters, which first debuted on the Wii console, to engage friends in a lighthearted and welcoming environment. Users can spark fun conversations and learn more about each other by answering questions such as "What song has been stuck in your head lately?", "Do you believe in aliens?", or even "If you saw a nose hair sticking out of your friend's nose, what would you do?" Users can also easily take and share photos featuring their Mii with the Miifoto feature. Nintendo's new My Nintendo rewards program will launch alongside Miitomo in March, and will be able to connect with the app.

"Miitomo is a uniquely entertaining mobile experience that only Nintendo can deliver," said Scott Moffitt, Nintendo of America's Executive Vice President of Sales & Marketing. "Featuring Mii characters, users will be able to interact with their friends in an entirely new way that transforms communication into a form of play."

Launching alongside Miitomo in March, My Nintendo aims to become much more than a traditional rewards program. It is a more comprehensive service that rewards users for interacting with Nintendo products and services in a variety of ways. Miitomo users with a Nintendo Account will be able to take advantage of My Nintendo to enhance their experience.

Including Miitomo, Nintendo plans to release approximately five smart device applications by the end of March 2017. More information about Miitomo, Nintendo Account and My Nintendo will be available on http://www.nintendo.com in the coming weeks. https://www.nintendo...2y3320LSWt_1aqQ

#2 ritchardf  

Posted 17 February 2016 - 03:37 AM

welcome to 2005 nintendo

#3 EldritchOnRye   Flim Flam Argle Bargle CAGiversary!   36695 Posts   Joined 14.0 Years Ago  

EldritchOnRye

Posted 17 February 2016 - 03:38 AM

Pre-register for disappointment!

#4 Komentra   (╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻ CAGiversary!   2908 Posts   Joined 6.9 Years Ago  

Posted 17 February 2016 - 03:39 AM

Oh wow does this mean games will be tied to accounts finally? It's 2016!

#5 kittycreme  

kittycreme

I'm so excited!!! I just signed up with my NNID. Not sure about linking my Facebook or Google+.

#6 NeoMonk  

Next they're going to tell us to sync up our flip phones!

#7 slidecage   Nothing to say CAGiversary!   29326 Posts   Joined 14.5 Years Ago  

Posted 17 February 2016 - 03:41 AM

Next they're going to tell us to sync up our flip phones!

hey dont be cracking on my flip phone

#8 EldritchOnRye   Flim Flam Argle Bargle CAGiversary!   36695 Posts   Joined 14.0 Years Ago  

EldritchOnRye

Posted 17 February 2016 - 03:42 AM

Oh wow does this mean games will be tied to accounts finally? It's 2016!

Hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha. :rofl:

#9 SgtWiggles   Artist formally known as dgwillia CAGiversary!   11304 Posts   Joined 9.8 Years Ago  

Posted 17 February 2016 - 03:45 AM

Sweet. Now its time for Nintendo to introduce achievements so I can no life them like I do on Sony consoles

#10 keyblader1985   Wait, what? CAGiversary!   3040 Posts   Joined 5.9 Years Ago  

keyblader1985

Posted 17 February 2016 - 03:48 AM

Just for clarification, we have to make a new account right now, even if we already have a Nintendo Network account?

#11 SgtWiggles   Artist formally known as dgwillia CAGiversary!   11304 Posts   Joined 9.8 Years Ago  

Posted 17 February 2016 - 03:49 AM

Just for clarification, we have to make a new account right now, even if we already have a Nintendo Network account?

No. I signed in using my NNID, then linked my Gmail and Facebook after

#12 DietKFC   I pay $60 for Kingdom Hearts Demos CAGiversary!   958 Posts   Joined 7.9 Years Ago  

Posted 17 February 2016 - 03:50 AM

Does this mean RIP System Transfers? PLEASE TELLS ME IT IS

#13 keyblader1985   Wait, what? CAGiversary!   3040 Posts   Joined 5.9 Years Ago  

keyblader1985

Posted 17 February 2016 - 03:52 AM

I tried to sign in with my NNID, and it sent me to the "create an account" page. Which already had all my information pre-filled.

Then it said it sent an email to my address, but I never got it.

#14 ritchardf  

Posted 17 February 2016 - 03:55 AM

I tried to sign in with my NNID, and it sent me to the "create an account" page. Which already had all my information pre-filled.

im in the same boat, waiting for a verification code

#15 DoctorZ  

I had to make an another account then relink my NNID.

Does this mean RIP System Transfers? PLEASE TELLS ME IT IS

I hope so, I got the original 3DS I would like to use more and leave my N3DS at home during vacations.

#16 Darby27   Licensed to Dill CAGiversary!   13572 Posts   Joined 5.6 Years Ago  

lol, Nintendo has finally made it to the 21st century!

#17 matrix9280   CAGiversary! Banned   1839 Posts   Joined 9.4 Years Ago  

matrix9280

Not a deal.

#18 SgtWiggles   Artist formally known as dgwillia CAGiversary!   11304 Posts   Joined 9.8 Years Ago  

Posted 17 February 2016 - 03:59 AM

Not a deal.

Your face isn't a deal

#19 J2damuahz   Google It! CAGiversary!   200 Posts   Joined 9.5 Years Ago  

J2damuahz

Posted 17 February 2016 - 04:08 AM

I couldn't sign in with my NNID. I had to create a new account then link my NNID and gmail account.

#20 TnAdct1   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   113 Posts   Joined 11.0 Years Ago  

Posted 17 February 2016 - 04:14 AM

Did you check your spam folder?

When I received my code (and the code to change my password to a verified one for the site), they initially ended up there, with me eventually marking them as "not spam".

#21 Oregon   CAG Collector CAGiversary!   2195 Posts   Joined 8.7 Years Ago  

Posted 17 February 2016 - 04:16 AM

Cool gonna sign up with my hotmail acount

#22 ritchardf  

Posted 17 February 2016 - 04:16 AM

Did you check your spam folder?

When I received my code (and the code to change my password to a verified one for the site), they initially ended up there, with me eventually marking them as "not spam".

i ended up getting the email about half an hour later, had already closed the page and when i went back i assume it must have sent a new code (that im now waiting for again)

#23 ritchardf  

Posted 17 February 2016 - 04:17 AM

Cool gonna sign up with my hotmail acount

no AOL?

#24 jres80   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   128 Posts   Joined 9.2 Years Ago  

Posted 17 February 2016 - 04:20 AM

This is a unifying account for future services, like buying things in digital shops, transferring content between systems, getting "Club Nintendo" style rewards, etc. Right now it doesn't do anything. It probably won't do much of anything until the NX releases.

#25 SgtWiggles   Artist formally known as dgwillia CAGiversary!   11304 Posts   Joined 9.8 Years Ago  

Posted 17 February 2016 - 04:25 AM

My code popped up instantly in my main inbox. Maybe people swarm slowing things down?

#26 Thebacklash   Now Drinking: Four Roses Single Barrel CAGiversary!   2306 Posts   Joined 4.1 Years Ago  

Thebacklash

Posted 17 February 2016 - 04:29 AM

My code popped up instantly in my main inbox. Maybe people swarm slowing things down?

mine did also. 

Probably right, everyone was anxious for the "hospitality for each consumer" perk.  :D/

#27 keyblader1985   Wait, what? CAGiversary!   3040 Posts   Joined 5.9 Years Ago  

keyblader1985

Posted 17 February 2016 - 04:33 AM

It couldn't have slowed down that much that quickly. I had already tried before I ever posted in this thread.

#28 MPoWeRM3   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   1870 Posts   Joined 10.7 Years Ago  

Posted 17 February 2016 - 04:33 AM

Sweet. Now its time for Nintendo to introduce achievements so I can no life them like I do on Sony consoles

Dude, 1 thing at a time. Achievements will come in 2026, followed by a subscription fee with free monthly game in 2036.

#29 gossamer   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   403 Posts   Joined 7.4 Years Ago  

gossamer

Posted 17 February 2016 - 04:36 AM

Thanks. Took 2 minutes to create an account using my NNID. Verification email came immediately.

#30 SgtWiggles   Artist formally known as dgwillia CAGiversary!   11304 Posts   Joined 9.8 Years Ago  

Posted 17 February 2016 - 04:44 AM

Dude, 1 thing at a time. Achievements will come in 2026, followed by a subscription fee with free monthly game in 2036.

Hopefully the WiiZ has 1080p by then. And 60fps