CAGcast #439: Probably Lesbians

CheapyD

Head Cheap Ass
Staff member
Feedback
14 (100%)
Cheapy’s house and Street Fighter V aren’t working, Deadpool works very well, and the gang has a spoiler-filled Firewatch discussion at the end of the show.

Download (1 hours 13 minutes) - iTunes - Stitcher - RSS
https://audioboom.com/boos/4200084-cagcast-439-probably-lesbians

Get $5 off your order (with free shipping) at http://www.harrys.com with coupon code CAGCAST

Show Linkage/Notes:
Intro -  Rack City (Moombahton Remix)

Outro -  Donald Trump Humiliates Jeb Bush Again by Vic Berger

RSS - Full CAGcast Cataalog
Facebook
Youtube (Subscribe)

Please submit your show questions via CAGbag or Twitter.

I guess you can listen to Wombat's other podcast, Uninformed Opinions.

Last edited by a moderator:
Is this your house CheapyD?

5506142_orig.jpg

Danganronpa means "To win an argument with a bullet." Fans did think of a great title, "Bullet Proof." Though I like "Shooty Refutey."

Good show guys. Cheapy can you post your computer build please? I'm building a pc for oculus this year and I can't find your specs anywhere. I know you have 2X 980 cards and you mentioned that's not enough to run oculus. The oculus ready pcs have only one 970 card so why do you think your pc will barely handle oculus? Anyway I know your pc is a beast and I want to get a build similar to yours. Thanks.

I think an earlier CAGCast said something like CheapyD doesn't believe the minimum requirements of the Ocuclus Rift are true because people have more powerful computers than he does and they had trouble with the device.

Thank you for selling me on the Deadpool movie. As I get older, my tolerance for ultra-violent movies gets diminished. I thought that Deadpool was going to be like The Kingsman/Kill Bill. I am glad to hear that it's not.

Good show this week.  The formula for great shows seems to be Cheapy having a miserable life + bad impressions of non-white people  X toilet/poop references.  The wildcard is how drunk/medicated Wombat is.

Also - thanks for not overloading on the comic book TV show talk.  

I really like it when you get into discussions where you try to come up with ideas or predictions (i.e. the NX talk this week).

I think they should do a bit from now on, similar to the Firewatch discussion when if someone hasn't played the game and has no interest in even doing so they try and predict the story of the game, then the others spoiler discuss it.

I think an earlier CAGCast said something like CheapyD doesn't believe the minimum requirements of the Ocuclus Rift are true because people have more powerful computers than he does and they had trouble with the device.
Fwiw, we have an Ocuclus at work. It's one of the dev ones that have been out awhile. We also have high end Boxx desktops that run AutoCAD on multiple monitors with no sweat. We've had nothing but trouble getting it working smoothly and we're not gaming or anything. Again, this isn't exactly the same model that everyone is talking about and the environment isn't exactly the same either. But, I too am skeptical about their requirements.

If that's the case then the PlayStation VR will be a steaming pile of poop. We will see in a few weeks what Oculus has to offer.

Another great episode, except for what sounded like Kill Bill hate from Shipwreck.

As for "who plays Cable?" what about Jeffrey Dean Morgan?

Stephen Lang, the bad guy from Avatar, has been campaigning pretty hard on Twitter to get the Cable role.

@IAmStephenLang

He's pretty perfect for the role.

Here was my take on firewatch that i posted on another website

POTENTIAL SPOILERS*****

I just finished Firewatch last night.

I liked "Gone Home"and appreciated its ending. There was nothing in the game itself that told you something terrible was going to happen. . . that idea came from your own head. The creepy atmosphere, the weather, and the mystery of where your sister was made you assume the worst. In Firewatch they ramp up the tension quite a bit after Day 7. There were some events that made my wife say "I don't want to watch this." It even had a "IF-YOUR-NOT-THERE---- WHO IS?!!" moment. Things were going bad, there was yelling, and a real threat was looming. THEN, they went with a "Gone Home" style ending which, in my opinion, did not work. Either tone down the initial suspense or give us an ending that matches the intensity of the buildup.

I did enjoy the game. . . I just was lead to believe that there was going to be an rewarding twist at the end. What kind of twist could that be? Not sure, I am not a writer, I was just hoping they would surprise me.

SIDE NOTE: After I found out that Henry's voice was the guy who played Harry in Mad Men, I could not get his image out of my head. Half of the game had me imagining that doofy character as the main lead.

One of the best things about Deadpool is how it bucks the trend of unmasking superheroes. While every other superhero movie goes out of its way to expose the (expensive) actors' faces for reasons Wombat already mentioned, Ryan Reynolds spends his superhero time in this movie in full costume.

Hollywood should have the courage to portray a masked character as a masked character. And this movie, like the excellent Dredd, managed to keep true to the comics and keep hero's mask on.

Daigo and Lupe were looking around confused at the end because they didn't know it was first to 3 wins, could have been first to 5.

I watched Deadpool tonight, awesome movie.

As for Cable I vote Stephen Lang for the role.

stephenlangcable-169807.jpg

And he's expressed alot of interest in doing so.

The whole point of Firewatch was to see if you would cheat on Julia, your wife with dementia. It was a test to see if you would be loyal to her.

Firewatch spoilers:

Correction: Julia was your wife, not fiancée. Also, the whole installation you discover was actually some people studying the deers and elk. It wasn't very clear and the devs admitted that in a spoilercast with KindaFunnyGames. I admit I was confused by that whole part too.

I don't say it enough but I love the show and look forward to it every week.

I am needing razors so I'll try Harry's to support you guys.  Please continue to add stuff like Harry's so we can support you guys.  If you don't I am going to have to start to sending Wombat free t-shirts so I don't feel so bad.

Glad you managed to get the mains turned off this time Cheapy.  If something like this happens again, once you turn off the mains then turn on a tap in the house (preferably at the lowest height in the house), otherwise the pipes will still be full of water (at pressure) and will slowly leak (and you'll be filling tupperware and towels with water for ages).  You may have done this, but I just wanted to make sure.

water leaking in the house is the worst, it can cause a lot of damage.

Good show guys. Cheapy can you post your computer build please? I'm building a pc for oculus this year and I can't find your specs anywhere. I know you have 2X 980 cards and you mentioned that's not enough to run oculus. The oculus ready pcs have only one 970 card so why do you think your pc will barely handle oculus? Anyway I know your pc is a beast and I want to get a build similar to yours. Thanks.
Here's his build:

http://www.amazon.com/gp/registry/wishlist/37LW8BXIYMFTP/?ie=UTF8&tag=cheapassgam08-20&linkCode=ur2&camp=1789&creative=9325

I guess it really illustrates how little happens in Firewatch, because I barely feel like I was even spoiled from that discussion. I'm a huge stickler for spoilers, so I usually do feel that way. (I know I will never play that game, though, which is why I stuck around.)

Realized I was completely out of razors or anything to shave with, so I decided to finally try one of these new-fangled mail shaving services. Of course I went with the route to support the CAGcast via Harry's. I'm interested to see if it's actually worth it. Give Wombat a raise, because "you're a razor, Harry" over and over really sold me.

bread's done
Back