* * * * - 9 votes

Walmart YMMV In Store Clearance Thread I (READ THE FAQs)

#3871 bjf1377   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   126 Posts   Joined 11.4 Years Ago  

Posted 12 January 2018 - 07:36 PM

Just got a 2 pack of security cameras for half off. Not bad considering we spent $35 on one terrible Chinese camera from Amazon.

http://brickseek.com...er?sku=45983032cf3a8b6762c5377a021b7705c00ef2b9.jpg

Sent from my SM-N920P using Tapatalk

#3872 Dreamcastguy   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   232 Posts   Joined 9.1 Years Ago  

Dreamcastguy

Posted 12 January 2018 - 08:44 PM

I managed to pick up the Razer bundle!  The guy who got there before me was nice enough to leave me one.  Or maybe he just could only afford 4.

Super pleased.  I have needed a good keyboard for awhile.  The mouse will be a backup unless I need to do some gaming.

#3873 jdawgg76   RIP Stan the Man CAGiversary!   4612 Posts   Joined 11.2 Years Ago  

Posted 12 January 2018 - 09:23 PM

Well yeah, the HDR capabilities aren’t what you’d get on something that’s $1000+, but given $160 I think you’re getting a heck of a bargain, lol. I have a 49” Vizio I got on display at Walmart last year in my office now, it has no HDR at all. Will probably move that Vizio into the bedroom and put this Samsung in my office since I play on my one x in there.

some HDR is better than no HDR :P

It is definitely one of the best TV bargains I've seen in a long time.  No arguing here.  It just doesn't fit a need for me.  I have to keep arguing with myself that we don't have a need for it. lol.  It sounds perfect for you and many others though.  I think my dad got this tv for a bedroom a few months ago actually and my brother was with him and got one from that sale too.  

I was just meaning at full price the 55" just lags behind since the next tier up is in the 600-800 range (only 100 or so more for the next tier although 200-300 more for the next level Samsung) and that level of Samsung, Vizio, TCL, etc has better local dimming and HDR.  Clearly you won't get anything like that for this insanely great price.

#3874 Jurai  

Posted 12 January 2018 - 10:32 PM

JFC, why does Wal-Mart even have an electronics section. Between the 5 stores I went to today, each was showing in stock online and on BS for the monitor and tv. Every associate I talked to instantly said they have none in stock without looking, despite what their own website says and a couple went as far as saying they never carried either in the first place. If their own stock numbers are to be believed that's 8 missing tvs and 6 missing monitors at least. That's ridiculous.

Did you try using the app for in store pickup

#3875 plus1zero   The wall just got 10 feet higher CAGiversary!   6446 Posts   Joined 6.3 Years Ago  

Posted 12 January 2018 - 11:30 PM

Looks like they dropped the price of those monitors at the other Walmart to $99. Ordered two of them and left one. Too icy to go out right now but I'll swing by tomorrow.

Can't order one of the razer bundles though. Won't let me.

#3876 Jhingles  

Jhingles

Posted 13 January 2018 - 12:11 AM

Did you try using the app for in store pickup

I didn't think of it at the time but I did when I got home. Just got an email confirmation that they're both ready for pick up. Can't wait to go tomorrow and get them from the guy who claims they didn't exist lol

Assuming I can actually get them in hand, I'll have to do a return rebuy to get the cheaper prices at a store near my house. Oh lord I hope they let me.

#3877 MsterPanDa  

MsterPanDa

Posted 13 January 2018 - 01:25 AM

Checked on Brickseek and the Walmart in my area just reduced the price to $169 each. I went to the store and asked them to check UPC number and said there were three. The young employee said it'll take five minutes for another employee to get it from the back. I went to grab a cart and came back. Paid both with three year warranty for under $400. Wow didn't even need to do store pickup. The employee was very helpful and I'm glad it went smoothly.   

#3878 trchavez416  

trchavez416

Posted 13 January 2018 - 01:34 AM

JFC, why does Wal-Mart even have an electronics section. Between the 5 stores I went to today, each was showing in stock online and on BS for the monitor and tv. Every associate I talked to instantly said they have none in stock without looking, despite what their own website says and a couple went as far as saying they never carried either in the first place. If their own stock numbers are to be believed that's 8 missing tvs and 6 missing monitors at least. That's ridiculous.

It’s the “without looking” part that drives me crazy...I don’t get it. I’m thinking, “Dude, your app, your website and a bunch of other sources are saying you’ve got four of this item in stock, but without even looking up a UPC or SKU you’re gonna tell me to my face that you don’t have it, never did or the count is off because they were given away/stolen?" GFY, lazy ass Walmart employee.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

#3879 Ferrari Racer   Banned CAGiversary!   6618 Posts   Joined 6.7 Years Ago  

Ferrari Racer

Posted 13 January 2018 - 01:49 AM

https://brickseek.co...r?sku=273575638

22oz Yanke Candle Jar Autumn Wreath is $1.58. Normally about $16

I bought a couple tonight. Also saw someone buy 19 of them lol

<p><span style="font-size:12px;">Gamertag - ITS DAT DAM KID. NNID: Its_Pikachu.</span>

#3880 ThatOneGuyWho   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   5828 Posts   Joined 10.3 Years Ago  

ThatOneGuyWho

Posted 13 January 2018 - 03:57 AM

https://brickseek.co...r?sku=273575638

22oz Yanke Candle Jar Autumn Wreath is $1.58. Normally about $16

I bought a couple tonight. Also saw someone buy 19 of them lol

Seeing as they are normally $15/each for some great candles, I'd stock up too.

#3881 Rosterking   Look away. CAGiversary!   1256 Posts   Joined 8.6 Years Ago  

Rosterking

Posted 13 January 2018 - 12:39 PM

Price shows for $169, but when I do the pick-up for the store, it's at $447 at checkout. Is it possible that it's actually $169 in store or the price at checkout?

Link to my Trade list.

#3882 plus1zero   The wall just got 10 feet higher CAGiversary!   6446 Posts   Joined 6.3 Years Ago  

Posted 13 January 2018 - 01:33 PM

Price shows for $169, but when I do the pick-up for the store, it's at $447 at checkout. Is it possible that it's actually $169 in store or the price at checkout?

Make sure you’ve fit the right store selected

#3883 Naterade009  

Naterade009

Posted 13 January 2018 - 01:50 PM

Yea I have the same problem with the app, the price shows 169 to the right of certain store, and when I go to checkout and select pickup at that store the price doesn’t change, just says it’s like 447$.

#3884 dyeknom   Now in 2D CAGiversary!   3419 Posts   Joined 10.2 Years Ago  

Posted 13 January 2018 - 03:09 PM

Looks like a new round of toy clearance

Lego Arcadia set from GotG2 was $21
Lego AT AT set dropped to $109
Walmart Exclusive R2D2 dropped to $40 from $99 -https://brickseek.co...er?sku=54391186

#3885 plus1zero   The wall just got 10 feet higher CAGiversary!   6446 Posts   Joined 6.3 Years Ago  

Posted 13 January 2018 - 03:16 PM

Yea I have the same problem with the app, the price shows 169 to the right of certain store, and when I go to checkout and select pickup at that store the price doesn’t change, just says it’s like 447$.

Try doing it on website

#3886 Jurai  

Posted 13 January 2018 - 03:23 PM

Went to a store showing 7 of the candles, only managed to find one after digging through all the shelves, womp

The candles just scan as "candle", if you wanted to gamble and cheat the system you could probably self checkout and just scan the discounted one a few times and bag other ones

#3887 MsterPanDa  

MsterPanDa

Posted 13 January 2018 - 03:54 PM

If it's $169 on brickseek and there are three or more in stock, just go to the store, show the employee the UPC number and ask if this item is in stock. I went yesterday and the employee told me there were three in stock and told me the price right away. Ask someone that you think will be helpful and polite. My employee was a young girl so she was very helpful plus she wasn't working with someone at the moment so always good to ask when they are not busy. 

#3888 husher   Yet what is any ocean but a multitude of drops? CAGiversary!   2397 Posts   Joined 10.9 Years Ago  

Posted 13 January 2018 - 04:04 PM

Went to a store showing 7 of the candles, only managed to find one after digging through all the shelves, womp

The candles just scan as "candle", if you wanted to gamble and cheat the system you could probably self checkout and just scan the discounted one a few times and bag other ones

That's not "cheating the system" dude, that's stealing.

Posted Image

#3889 Jurai  

Posted 13 January 2018 - 04:06 PM

That's not "cheating the system" dude, that's stealing.

This forum isn't exactly full of sweet angels

#3890 Blade   Imminently Punchable CAGiversary!   13645 Posts   Joined 12.9 Years Ago  

Posted 13 January 2018 - 04:12 PM

If it's $169 on brickseek and there are three or more in stock, just go to the store, show the employee the UPC number and ask if this item is in stock. I went yesterday and the employee told me there were three in stock and told me the price right away. Ask someone that you think will be helpful and polite. My employee was a young girl so she was very helpful plus she wasn't working with someone at the moment so always good to ask when they are not busy. 

It's always better to catch them off-guard with a clearance price like this. My experience with giving employees early warning on in-store pickups was negative at 5 different stores.

#3891 MsterPanDa  

MsterPanDa

Posted 13 January 2018 - 04:46 PM

If you go to the store, remember to put the TV barcode from brickseek on your phone and scan it at the store on their price check little monitor before you go ask that will tell you if the price has dropped. However it doesn't tell you if any are in stock so be prepared for the worst. 

#3892 WarGames92  

WarGames92

Posted 13 January 2018 - 05:00 PM

Went to my local store to grab some carpet cleaner, and discovered the Samsung monitors for $99 (unadvertised, no Clearance tags) and the Razer Holiday Bundle for $48 (same thing - no tags, etc).  They had two of the monitors, so I grabbed one.  Guess I'll be returning the HP 27ES I got on sale at Best Buy a few weeks ago.

One thing I noticed earlier this week - one of the stores about half an hour away was clearancing the Omen keyboard and Omen mouse.  Makes me wonder if the Omen laptop might find itself on Clearance soon.

#3893 FissFiss   Meow CAGiversary!   8332 Posts   Joined 5.2 Years Ago  

Posted 13 January 2018 - 05:26 PM

The Razer bundle is all old tech. Not worth it.

#3894 Ratmonkey  

Posted 13 January 2018 - 06:24 PM

This forum isn't exactly full of sweet angels

Letting people know how to stack promotions, or information about clearance items is not the same as promoting theft. Why don't you just load up a candy bar upc on your phone and then scan it and bag any items you want?

#3895 RPGamer246   I Game You Game We Game CAGiversary!   847 Posts   Joined 10.0 Years Ago  

Posted 13 January 2018 - 06:31 PM

Those razer bundles probably won’t last, it hit slick deals yesterday

#3896 Viper X  

Posted 13 January 2018 - 07:56 PM

The Razer bundle is all old tech. Not worth it.

I was waiting for it to drop to $20 in our area, but it is sold out now at the $50 price point.

#3897 Joes_Pub   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   2 Posts   Joined 9.4 Years Ago  

Joes_Pub

Posted 13 January 2018 - 08:16 PM

Good looking out on those candles. Grabbed the last 4 large jars and they had 3 of the smaller jars that were $1.38.

#3898 Mostly Human   Turtle Soup CAGiversary!   1180 Posts   Joined 5.6 Years Ago  

Mostly Human

Posted 13 January 2018 - 09:25 PM

Razer bundle went from 6 to 0 overnight by my store, 1 was me.

Part of the crew, part of the ship.

#3899 ubiquetous  

Posted 13 January 2018 - 10:07 PM

Brickseek said a local Walmart in western NY had 3 of the Samsung monitors. So I went to check. There was a nice older gentlemen who checked stock/location via brickseek barcode and then looked all over for it for me. Electronics manager is a nice enough lady. Not warm and fuzy, but she prides herself on knowing where all her stock is and how much it sells for - she's dug up clearance games for me. She said they sold out and they needed to correct the inventory. They did have a $49 razer bundle. So I picked that up.

#3900 MajorMullet   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   36 Posts   Joined 12.4 Years Ago  

MajorMullet

Posted 13 January 2018 - 11:03 PM

I was browsing through the app today for my local store and came across an HP desktop marked down to $99.  Says it comes with a 21.5" monitor as well.  All stores around me that list it all show 0 "limited stock".  Brickseek says 16% in stock so maybe someone out there will get lucky :)

Here's the store page on Walmart.com.

Brickseek link