* * * - - 11 votes

Walmart YMMV In Store Clearance Thread I (READ THE FAQs)

#5281 ihadmail   Banned Banned   1038 Posts   Joined 1.3 Years Ago  

ihadmail

Posted 26 April 2018 - 09:49 AM

Not game related, but I thought it was interesting to note that Brickseek is showing Milky Way and Dove chocolate bars at 44 cents each. I just thought that was interesting considering the fact that chocolate bars these days rarely go lower than a dollar in price unless they were clearanced out.

Links:

https://brickseek.co...r?sku=191120026

https://brickseek.co...r?sku=110769543

Now whether they'll have them on the floor itself is another thing entirely.

I'm pretty sure those are half sized bars. 

#5282 Retroxcellance   Billy "Big Bang" Blitz CAGiversary!   1265 Posts   Joined 4.2 Years Ago  

Retroxcellance

Posted 26 April 2018 - 12:21 PM

I'm pretty sure those are half sized bars. 

Smaller sizes mean you can eat more!

#5283 inverted_fray  

inverted_fray

Posted 26 April 2018 - 04:58 PM

Was able to get a ream of Hammermill 500 sheet Copy paper for $3.

https://brickseek.co...er?sku=28199766

#5284 SephirothWF   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   504 Posts   Joined 7.3 Years Ago  

SephirothWF

Posted 27 April 2018 - 04:20 AM

Lol Sing Party Wii U with Mic is $.03

Grabbed 3 and 1 copy of Wolf Among Us for X1

#5285 Blade   Imminently Punchable CAGiversary!   14110 Posts   Joined 13.4 Years Ago  

Posted 27 April 2018 - 04:46 AM

Lol Sing Party Wii U with Mic is $.03

Grabbed 3

HOW DARE U HOARD THOSE, THINK OF ALL THE STARVING HOMELESS CHILDREN IN SOKOVIA

#5286 SephirothWF   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   504 Posts   Joined 7.3 Years Ago  

SephirothWF

Posted 27 April 2018 - 04:57 AM

Sending them to Wakanda for the children.

Wakanda Forever

#5287 inverted_fray  

inverted_fray

Posted 28 April 2018 - 01:14 AM

Some recent failures:

Almost got away with buying 3 copies of other M on Wii for 0.03 each, went to the self checkout area, but stupid me scanned the games using the normal scanner which ended up turning on an alarm that alerted one of the employees instead of using the handheld one. She started scanning the games and they kept ringing up 3 cents. Each box had a $15 clearance tag so she wanted to override the price to the $15 instead. I told her that maybe the tag was outdated, but she wouldn't budge. It just never dawned on her that maybe something can be cheaper than what the tag says it costs. Called a manager and gave me a speech that the $15 tag was the real price and that the 3 cents was an error. I'll admit I felt kinda mad for not using the handheld scanner and for wasting my time. The handheld scanner didn't turn on the alarm. It didn't occur to me to ask them to price match the 3 cents, but who am I kidding if they want to charge me $15 for a 10 year old game are they really gonna price match them to the 3 cents? She woulda just pulled the whole "we don't price match pricing errors" out of her ass. If anybody in SoCal wants to try their luck, it was the upland store.

Another thing I failed at was when I picked up Infamous Second Son for ps4. The store price is $5, picked it up at the store for $20.96. They wouldn't refund me the difference saying that I would have to return the game for them to put it back in their inventory. Didn't occur to me until I got home to ask to change the payment type. Tried to have the .com site price match the store, but they don't do that and the most they could refund me was $2 because the price went a little lower in the proceeding days. I was thinking of selling the game for a profit, but I'm not sure it would be worth the risk of having the buyer suddenly say they never got the game and ripping me off so I'll just return it, it's not a big deal.

Apparently Verizon SIM Cards are 0.03 cents. https://www.walmart....type=14&veh=aff

#5288 Joe Fongul   Slave to the Grind.. CAGiversary!   1239 Posts   Joined 15.0 Years Ago  

Posted 28 April 2018 - 07:08 AM

Some local clearance of note:

:ps4: Wipeout Omega Collection $15  

:ps4: Final Fantasy XII Zodiac Age $13

:ps4: Kings Quest Complete $5

:ps4: Bulletstorm Full Clip Edition $10

:xb1: Bulletstorm Full Clip Edition $10

:xb1: Wolfenstein The New Order $5

#5289 Derrick1979   I think I've been here to long ! CAGiversary!   5539 Posts   Joined 12.3 Years Ago  

Derrick1979

Posted 28 April 2018 - 11:49 AM

Some recent failures:

Almost got away with buying 3 copies of other M on Wii for 0.03 each, went to the self checkout area, but stupid me scanned the games using the normal scanner which ended up turning on an alarm that alerted one of the employees instead of using the handheld one. She started scanning the games and they kept ringing up 3 cents. Each box had a $15 clearance tag so she wanted to override the price to the $15 instead. I told her that maybe the tag was outdated, but she wouldn't budge. It just never dawned on her that maybe something can be cheaper than what the tag says it costs. Called a manager and gave me a speech that the $15 tag was the real price and that the 3 cents was an error. I'll admit I felt kinda mad for not using the handheld scanner and for wasting my time. The handheld scanner didn't turn on the alarm. It didn't occur to me to ask them to price match the 3 cents, but who am I kidding if they want to charge me $15 for a 10 year old game are they really gonna price match them to the 3 cents? She woulda just pulled the whole "we don't price match pricing errors" out of her ass. If anybody in SoCal wants to try their luck, it was the upland store.

Another thing I failed at was when I picked up Infamous Second Son for ps4. The store price is $5, picked it up at the store for $20.96. They wouldn't refund me the difference saying that I would have to return the game for them to put it back in their inventory. Didn't occur to me until I got home to ask to change the payment type. Tried to have the .com site price match the store, but they don't do that and the most they could refund me was $2 because the price went a little lower in the proceeding days. I was thinking of selling the game for a profit, but I'm not sure it would be worth the risk of having the buyer suddenly say they never got the game and ripping me off so I'll just return it, it's not a big deal.

Apparently Verizon SIM Cards are 0.03 cents. https://www.walmart....type=14&veh=aff

Walmart was just stopping you from wasting even 3 cents on a turd

#5290 Bivensra   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   1014 Posts   Joined 14.3 Years Ago  

Posted 28 April 2018 - 03:00 PM

In a rush and not sure where this should go. Does it need a separate thread?7C5BE153-69AA-4071-8AC0-9D7118784F45.png

#5291 snacks28217   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   433 Posts   Joined 7.1 Years Ago  

snacks28217

Posted 28 April 2018 - 03:37 PM

Make 2

#5292 Tricky   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   1548 Posts   Joined 15.0 Years Ago  

Posted 28 April 2018 - 04:56 PM

$2 Pikachu Amiibo

https://brickseek.co...er?sku=40572001

Daisy, Super Mario Series, Nintendo amiibo

https://brickseek.co...er?sku=55082747

I bought the last two Pikachu Amiibo. Didn't need Daisy because I bought it about a week after release at Walmart for $5.00.

#5293 Freeze Time  

Freeze Time

Posted 28 April 2018 - 10:28 PM

The $199 price is legit but good luck finding a store with it still in stock. I looked up some zip codes and found them OOS at that price. If you REALLY wanted to, you could buy it full price and then go to one of the stores with the lower price and do some voodoo there to see if they'll refund you the difference.

I found some kind of close showing limited stock at 2 stores. In my experience, limited stock means they might have one left but I can't make it to those stores until tomorrow.

#5294 TuscaloosaJohnny  

TuscaloosaJohnny

Posted 28 April 2018 - 10:35 PM

$2 Pikachu Amiibo
https://brickseek.co...er?sku=40572001

Daisy, Super Mario Series, Nintendo amiibo

https://brickseek.co...er?sku=55082747

I bought the last two Pikachu Amiibo. Didn't need Daisy because I bought it about a week after release at Walmart for $5.00.

Looks like Walmart is clearancing out most amiibos for $2! My closest Walmart has 22 Bowsers at $2 each, lol.

#5295 Freeze Time  

Freeze Time

Posted 28 April 2018 - 10:39 PM

Thank you to Rays for the Destiny 2 bundle heads up. Took a couple hour road trip to a walmart who has it in stock at $199 and picked the up. I was going to get the D2 bundle for myself though got the GoW one instead, D2 is going to my best friend who’s upgrading from his standard PS4 just like myself.

attachicon.gif9EC9B240-F013-4CFD-8452-EF3E6D53B94B.jpeg

Is this the brickseek GOW https://brickseek.co...r?sku=658986977 ?  Can't believe you got it for only $199.  Awesome man!

#5296 DisGonnaBeGood   But I need tacos! I need them or I will explode. CAGiversary!   3343 Posts   Joined 9.2 Years Ago  

DisGonnaBeGood

Posted 29 April 2018 - 06:15 AM

HP Omen Gaming Keyboard - $30

#5297 srac84  

Posted 29 April 2018 - 06:39 AM

wait what..so if you use self check out and you scan with the handheld scanner instead of using the normal scanner it doesn't prompt the cashier to come over? that's pretty awesome, can anyone else confirm?

#5298 soonersfan60   Longing for retro CAG... CAGiversary!   4360 Posts   Joined 13.1 Years Ago  

soonersfan60

Posted 29 April 2018 - 12:21 PM

Well, I see 2 problems with that still.

#1, sometimes they're locked in a plastic holder so you still need to get that removed.

#2, if you don't run the game cases over the scanner, then they might still have the active door sensor inside which will go off as you leave.

Both of those have happened to me.

Best bet is to buy other stuff that is about $30 so the employee watching the area just sees the total hopefully. But if they're not busy she/he may still be watching because there is a camera right over the scanner which pops up an image on their screen of what you're scanning and the price.

#5299 darkdaze73   Serious Fisherman CAGiversary!   490 Posts   Joined 10.4 Years Ago  

Posted 29 April 2018 - 12:22 PM

Saw Final Fantasy XIV Complete for $8 yesterday

https://brickseek.co...er?sku=55778879

Also saw PS4 Singstar Celebration for $3

https://brickseek.co...er?sku=56013418

Passed on both as I had no interest in either

#5300 DisGonnaBeGood   But I need tacos! I need them or I will explode. CAGiversary!   3343 Posts   Joined 9.2 Years Ago  

DisGonnaBeGood

Posted 29 April 2018 - 08:08 PM

Best bet is to buy other stuff that is about $30 so the employee watching the area just sees the total hopefully. But if they're not busy she/he may still be watching because there is a camera right over the scanner which pops up an image on their screen of what you're scanning and the price.

The kiosk they usually stand at shows all the lanes and what people are scanning, but if it's like any of the locations that have self checkout near me there are at least 8 self checkouts and most the time all of them are open and in use. Having personally been that person standing there at the self-checkout, it is almost impossible to keep track of what everybody is scanning AND keeping on eye on what it is they're physically scanning at the self checkout. Add people having issues scanning something or needing an override and a LOT of stuff flies under the radar.

#5301 TuscaloosaJohnny  

TuscaloosaJohnny

Posted 30 April 2018 - 12:32 AM

Anyone interested in $2 amiibos from Walmart better hit it quick. Evidently the nationwide clearance began about two weeks ago and whereas my local stores had plenty of them in early April they’re wiped out now.

#5302 Rig   Rig = Lunar CAGiversary!   14012 Posts   Joined 14.4 Years Ago  

Posted 30 April 2018 - 01:03 AM

Local store had Waluigi, Tom Nook, and Daisy. Grabbed one of each.

#5303 inverted_fray  

inverted_fray

Posted 30 April 2018 - 05:46 PM

I returned Infamous Second Son to my nearest walmart and the greeter scanned the barcode and came up to 3 cents. How bout that.

#5304 TuscaloosaJohnny  

TuscaloosaJohnny

Posted 30 April 2018 - 08:41 PM

I returned Infamous Second Son to my nearest walmart and the greeter scanned the barcode and came up to 3 cents. How bout that.

Nice! I wonder what other games have been added to the list. I haven’t seen any updates anywhere in awhile. I grabbed an NHL 11 for the PS3 yesterday sure it would ring up 3 cents, but it was $29.96.

#5305 inverted_fray  

inverted_fray

Posted 30 April 2018 - 09:50 PM

Nice! I wonder what other games have been added to the list. I haven’t seen any updates anywhere in awhile. I grabbed an NHL 11 for the PS3 yesterday sure it would ring up 3 cents, but it was $29.96.

I'm pretty sure the only reason it rang up for 3 cents was because they don't sell that particular game there anymore. When I went to the CS desk to return it I asked if they could refund me the difference, dude just stonewalled me. Oh well. The rest of the stores within 20 miles from me still sell it for $20.

#5306 SephirothWF   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   504 Posts   Joined 7.3 Years Ago  

SephirothWF

Posted 30 April 2018 - 10:09 PM

Just did a search of a lot of rando zips and didn't find it as $.03 anywhere. Damn.

Paco Rivera, CA had some for $5. There was a place in Hawaii that had it for $15. 

Everywhere else was $20.

#5307 TuscaloosaJohnny  

TuscaloosaJohnny

Posted 01 May 2018 - 11:21 PM

Just a little PSA: been to a handful of Walmarts this week and there seems to be a nationwide clearance also on some light bulbs and TVs. Some of those TV prices look like they might be as good as Black Friday.

#5308 Bezerker   Bezerker Barrage! CAGiversary!   6929 Posts   Joined 13.2 Years Ago  

Posted 02 May 2018 - 01:51 AM

Bummer.  Store where I found the $15 PS4 Gold Headsets (new packaging) got more in but fixed the price to be SRP again. 

#5309 Bleedingwickedly   CAG CAGiversary!   2732 Posts   Joined 7.3 Years Ago  

Bleedingwickedly

Posted 02 May 2018 - 02:08 AM

Seen a gaming keyboards and mice on clearance tonight. Nothing too exciting though.

#5310 dyeknom   Now in 2D CAGiversary!   3428 Posts   Joined 10.7 Years Ago  

Posted 02 May 2018 - 02:47 AM

Just a little PSA: been to a handful of Walmarts this week and there seems to be a nationwide clearance also on some light bulbs and TVs. Some of those TV prices look like they might be as good as Black Friday.

The 65in Hisense for $499 looks nice for that price.