* * * * - 16 votes

Walmart YMMV In Store Clearance Thread I (READ THE FAQs)

#7291 Jurai  

Posted 10 February 2019 - 08:30 PM

I mean, when you called it's entirely possible the manager just keyed the sku into the system, which shows inventory, and said yeah they have it. It's pretty common knowledge that walmart inventory is all over the place on accuracy

#7292 Nothing-   Tomorrow King - Interloper Kai CAGiversary!   7997 Posts   Joined 7.5 Years Ago  

Posted 10 February 2019 - 08:52 PM

Someone needs to teach Wal-Mart the difference between "in stock" and "out of stock," because they sure as hell don't know. Wal-Mart's own web site claims they have five of those Moto E4 phones in the Nogales area, but they were nowhere to be found, either in the electronics department or the Verizon Prepaid meta-store. I even called them last night! The manager said they had it! 

That nutty conspiracy theory about Wal-Mart employees storing stuff in the back for their own consumption doesn't seem so nutty anymore. Screw Wal-Mart, and screw their ineptitude and/or malice.

Stock accuracy? Walmart can't even teach their own employees to stop talking to one-another when a customer is standing there waiting for help. 

#7293 ackbar7   Flamble CAGiversary!   3211 Posts   Joined 10.9 Years Ago  

Posted 10 February 2019 - 11:34 PM

What retailer has 100% accurate stock numbers? I'm assuming you have a long list, since you are so down on Walmart.

#7294 ArugulaZ   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   1622 Posts   Joined 14.4 Years Ago  

Posted 11 February 2019 - 12:49 AM

I'm not expecting perfection. I'm expecting baseline competence. The web site claimed they had five units for sale. The person in the Verizon store claimed that they not only had zero, but haven't had any since December. That's not a swing and a miss... that's a swing and accidentally lodge the bat into your rectum.

#7295 JKSonic   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   2658 Posts   Joined 10.7 Years Ago  

Posted 11 February 2019 - 02:24 AM

I'm not expecting perfection. I'm expecting baseline competence. The web site claimed they had five units for sale. The person in the Verizon store claimed that they not only had zero, but haven't had any since December. That's not a swing and a miss... that's a swing and accidentally lodge the bat into your rectum.

^ This 100% I see this all the time too where it's just not even close.

#7296 Optical   Go Big Red CAGiversary!   910 Posts   Joined 14.1 Years Ago  

Posted 11 February 2019 - 06:13 PM

Where are you guys finding the $30 phones? Are they still with the other phones or are they in a clearance area?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

#7297 Jurai  

Posted 11 February 2019 - 06:40 PM

Where are you guys finding the $30 phones? Are they still with the other phones or are they in a clearance area?

the prepaid phones are in electronics, there are different sections per carrier with placard cards you can hand the employee

#7298 Optical   Go Big Red CAGiversary!   910 Posts   Joined 14.1 Years Ago  

Posted 11 February 2019 - 06:41 PM

#7299 Sean Price   CAG Veteran Silenced   220 Posts   Joined 9.9 Years Ago  

Sean Price

Posted 11 February 2019 - 06:52 PM

I asked a simiilar question r3garding the Honest Amish beard balm.. 

weird thing all my posts and the related replies are gone?  Anyone know how that is possible? 

Anyways my apologies, to answer your question with the answers I got was..

They will be in a dedicated clearance aisle or a clearance end cap in the section or in your stores Clearance sectoin, usually located near Lawn & Garden. 

Best of LUCK!

oNe

p.s. Anyone know how to find the sku or UPC from the Walmart site? 

Also when you have the item in hand, how do you read the UPC? I tried entering all numbers in BS, nada, tried omitting 1st # and nada, then tried ommiting last # and nada, then tried various combinations of that and nada..

#7300 Sean Price   CAG Veteran Silenced   220 Posts   Joined 9.9 Years Ago  

Sean Price

Posted 11 February 2019 - 07:36 PM

all right.. jus spend the last 2hrs going thru last 10 pages of this thread and THEN mapping out my next Wal-Mart trip...

I narrowed it down to 10 items I want..

THen searched each one on BS and and now am going to the Walmart that has the most of those desired items in that specific location. 

Its the one on 27'th street and has 4/10 items i want...

bwa haha, this is crazy!!    :twoguns:

ANYONE ELSE DO THIS? 

oNe

#7301 intelligentidiot   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   795 Posts   Joined 13.2 Years Ago  

intelligentidiot

Posted 11 February 2019 - 09:23 PM

I asked a simiilar question r3garding the Honest Amish beard balm.. 

weird thing all my posts and the related replies are gone?  Anyone know how that is possible? 

Anyways my apologies, to answer your question with the answers I got was..

They will be in a dedicated clearance aisle or a clearance end cap in the section or in your stores Clearance sectoin, usually located near Lawn & Garden. 

Best of LUCK!

oNe

p.s. Anyone know how to find the sku or UPC from the Walmart site? 

Also when you have the item in hand, how do you read the UPC? I tried entering all numbers in BS, nada, tried omitting 1st # and nada, then tried ommiting last # and nada, then tried various combinations of that and nada..

SKU can be found in the URL, it's the very end of it

https://www.walmart....Warmer/55505580

SKU for URL above is "55505580".

#7302 KrAzY3   The 3 is silent. CAGiversary!   615 Posts   Joined 14.1 Years Ago  

Posted 11 February 2019 - 09:41 PM

So, I go on a trip for of all things Yankee Candles. They're usually 20, but some were 2 bucks. My wife is saying how they won't have them, complaining the whole time. We get there it's been hit up, clearance section is empty. We start scanning some stuff and gradually we find them interspersed with other candles (that's one trick, remember the SKU might be almost identical to a non-clearance item).

Alright, so we take our cart full of candles (they're not bad as small gifts) to the checkout and the cashier insists on just scanning one and putting in the total quantity and that was that. Only problem was, now their inventory is even more jacked up. No doubt they show up as out of stock of the one she scanned, but still in stock for all the others.

How do you prevent that, or fix that? Obviously step one is don't do it in the first place, but once it's happened there's no way on earth a system can figure out what just happened. It's not omnipotent. Now their stock is wrong, and that's why you have to go and check. We're looking for fantastic deals, there's an element of luck there.

#7303 Darthziggy   Friendly neighborhood lurker CAGiversary!   411 Posts   Joined 5.5 Years Ago  

Darthziggy

Posted 11 February 2019 - 09:58 PM

So, I go on a trip for of all things Yankee Candles. They're usually 20, but some were 2 bucks. My wife is saying how they won't have them, complaining the whole time. We get there it's been hit up, clearance section is empty. We start scanning some stuff and gradually we find them interspersed with other candles (that's one trick, remember the SKU might be almost identical to a non-clearance item).

Alright, so we take our cart full of candles (they're not bad as small gifts) to the checkout and the cashier insists on just scanning one and putting in the total quantity and that was that. Only problem was, now their inventory is even more jacked up. No doubt they show up as out of stock of the one she scanned, but still in stock for all the others.

How do you prevent that, or fix that? Obviously step one is don't do it in the first place, but once it's happened there's no way on earth a system can figure out what just happened. It's not omnipotent. Now their stock is wrong, and that's why you have to go and check. We're looking for fantastic deals, there's an element of luck there.

As a long-time WM associate, I can tell you that you are trained *several times* that you are not supposed to do that, and that the front end managers are supposed to educate their cashiers on why they shouldn’t do this, and also that it’s still ridiculously common, so unfortunately it’s an ongoing issue. It’ll get caught next time there’s a count or at the next year’s inventory. Sucks, but it is what it is.

#7304 shadowysea07   Cjenvy I'm ready for you awd this time I'm wearing pants CAGiversary!   4536 Posts   Joined 5.8 Years Ago  

shadowysea07

Posted 11 February 2019 - 10:49 PM

Yep it's a common issue at most stores.  Granted it's due to cashiers being pushed to go fast fast fast.

#7305 shoe478   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   1794 Posts   Joined 11.7 Years Ago  

Posted 12 February 2019 - 12:18 AM

They were in the case and I had to ask for them at my Walmart, no placard either

#7306 Jurai  

Posted 12 February 2019 - 06:56 AM

Sniper Elite 4 PS4 - $9 - https://brickseek.co...er?sku=53057429

Devil May Cry HD Collection Xbone - $7 - https://brickseek.co...r?sku=110728115

KIND Peanut Butter Dark Chocolate bar - $0.10 - https://brickseek.co...r?sku=995636467

KIND Fruit & Nut Bar - $0.10 - https://brickseek.co...r?sku=168301358

#7307 intelligentidiot   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   795 Posts   Joined 13.2 Years Ago  

intelligentidiot

Posted 12 February 2019 - 01:32 PM

Similar thing happened when buying a bunch of clearance totes. They were all the same color, so I assume same SKU, but the inventory count was wrong for what was left, so likely became incorrect due to this same checkout issue.

#7308 JKSonic   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   2658 Posts   Joined 10.7 Years Ago  

Posted 12 February 2019 - 10:32 PM

If it's already been mentioned sorry, but if your Walmart has an actual clearance section make sure to check it for last year's outdoor stuff...  Clippers, pruners, bug candles, nicer tiki torches/candle holders, gardening gloves, etc.  Way too much stuff to even list it all or get #'s.

#7309 Jurai  

Posted 13 February 2019 - 12:17 AM

prepaid Boost Mobile iPhone 6 32gb - $49 - https://brickseek.co...r?sku=287799332

#7310 Bezerker   Bezerker Barrage! CAGiversary!   6964 Posts   Joined 13.6 Years Ago  

Posted 13 February 2019 - 02:13 AM

No clue why but my store dropped Kingdom Hearts 3 XB1 Digital Codes to $40.

https://brickseek.co...r?sku=661775131

Of the 1,286 stores showing as already checked, mine is the only one with it dropped.  Even tho i already have the game on PS4 i kinda want to go over there right now and ask "WTF?"

#7311 darken   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   946 Posts   Joined 12.1 Years Ago  

Posted 13 February 2019 - 02:50 AM

prepaid Boost Mobile iPhone 6 32gb - $49 - https://brickseek.co...r?sku=287799332

Thanks for posting Jurai. I unfortunately struck out again. They had a bunch of placard hanging for the phone and it rung up at the right price but the associate said there were none. Was hoping to use it as a replacement for my ipod that had its screen separate off

#7312 shadowysea07   Cjenvy I'm ready for you awd this time I'm wearing pants CAGiversary!   4536 Posts   Joined 5.8 Years Ago  

shadowysea07

Posted 13 February 2019 - 04:40 AM

Wow, I'm surprised there are 2 stores near me that have them in limited stock apparently.  None of this stuff ever seems to be in stock in my area.  I might go down and get one. thanks jurai.

#7313 Tarantino   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   7 Posts   Joined 14.4 Years Ago  

Tarantino

Posted 13 February 2019 - 05:18 AM

Wow, I'm surprised there are 2 stores near me that have them in limited stock apparently. None of this stuff ever seems to be in stock in my area. I might go down and get one. thanks jurai.

In my experience, “limited stock” means they don’t have any.

It’s happened on every limited stock item I’ve seen.

#7314 darken   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   946 Posts   Joined 12.1 Years Ago  

Posted 13 February 2019 - 05:35 AM

In my experience, “limited stock” means they don’t have any.

It’s happened on every limited stock item I’ve seen.

Yeah the store I struck out at was "limited stock."

#7315 Jurai  

Posted 13 February 2019 - 06:36 AM

'Limited Stock' is generally indicative that the store quantity is at 1 fwiw, I still consider it worth the gamble if not out of the way

#7316 Sean Price   CAG Veteran Silenced   220 Posts   Joined 9.9 Years Ago  

Sean Price

Posted 13 February 2019 - 05:15 PM

'Limited Stock' is generally indicative that the store quantity is at 1 fwiw, I still consider it worth the gamble if not out of the way

Have you or anyone else gotten one of these phones?  Thats insane price, I have a few Walli'es that say INSTOCK and list 2 or more so I mayy make the hike out to one of em. 

Wondering where exactly in the store these willl be for best chance of finding one? 

Also is there any potential issue with me buying OUTRIGHT, like they shouyldn't try to swindle me into a plan or anything right? 

basically just wanna use this as an iPod Touch. 

any and all input much appreciated!

oNe

#7317 plus1zero   The wall just got 10 feet higher CAGiversary!   6680 Posts   Joined 7.2 Years Ago  

Posted 13 February 2019 - 05:50 PM

Have you or anyone else gotten one of these phones?  Thats insane price, I have a few Walli'es that say INSTOCK and list 2 or more so I mayy make the hike out to one of em. 

Wondering where exactly in the store these willl be for best chance of finding one? 

Also is there any potential issue with me buying OUTRIGHT, like they shouyldn't try to swindle me into a plan or anything right? 

basically just wanna use this as an iPod Touch. 

any and all input much appreciated!

oNe

why do you sign your posts oNe

#7318 lolwut?   Thank you BasedGod CAGiversary!   4381 Posts   Joined 10.8 Years Ago  

Posted 13 February 2019 - 05:58 PM

why do you sign your posts oNe

One love, which means goodbye.

No idea about that capital N tho

#7319 Jurai  

Posted 13 February 2019 - 07:46 PM

edit

#7320 Omega X  

Posted 13 February 2019 - 08:24 PM

$59 - Serta Push-Button Power Recliner with Deep Body Cushions

https://brickseek.co...r/?sku=52647630