* * * * - 18 votes

Walmart YMMV In Store Clearance Thread I (READ THE FAQs)

#7471 SideQuestsSuck  

SideQuestsSuck

Posted 23 February 2019 - 03:20 AM

aww no, Jurai is quitting the Walmart thread after drama quitting the Target clearance thread?  Please don't take your brickseeks and go home, Jurai. 

Resellers are a fact of life.  We can berate them on CAG since their brag posts aren't welcome here.  But they are always going to exist and you gotta learn to deal with that.  You are a member of a site (brickseek) that harbors many more resellers; a great deal more than here anyways, percentage-wise.

Clearance people are hoarders.  50% of them have a sickness.  My dad was one of those people.  He used to hit up the clearance aisles of Target in the 90s and just arm shovel stuff into his cart.  But when you let people buy video games, especially ones they are interested in, for only $3 then of course they are going to hoard them. 

You can't prevent social networking, my dude.  It also is clearly more of a problem for you on the whole, when including other sites, than it is on here because it's not all that prevalent here.  We are all gamers here.  Don't let it get to you. 

Very well said. I'm not going to fault any dog in this fight, since I can see arguments for either way. I've been guilty of coming across a super cheap item and getting that 'sales high' and buying a couple extra of em out of excitement, getting caught up in the moment. I think that's only being human. But buying a couple isn't the same as buying 20 of em. Re-sellers are a way of life, as you said. All's fair, in love and discounts. Very rarely have I found it profitable to hoard extra copies to re-sell. Maybe some people are pro's at it but in the end, I usually find it more trouble than it's worth. USUALLY. I've gone the other way in the past coupla years, and focus on trying to post about deals I see instead, on CAG. Nice feeling to help other hardcore gamers out, cause I'd hope someone else here would do the same for me.

In general, I've developed a soft spot for Jurai, because I think his heart is in the right place. A shame to see him leave...

#7472 bjf1377   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   192 Posts   Joined 12.8 Years Ago  

Posted 23 February 2019 - 03:29 AM

Might bite the bullet and go premium on BrickSeek next week. I check these threads enough, might as well contribute to them. I should be able to make back the cost pretty quickly

#7473 Romeo   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   4525 Posts   Joined 15.9 Years Ago  

Posted 23 February 2019 - 03:54 AM

Random question... anyone own X or Y, or who picked it up today... can someone let me know what inserts are inside? I've owned X since launch and it has three inserts. I bought Y as a gift for someone last year and there's nothing inside except a blank black and white 'game manual'.

#7474 plus1zero   The wall just got 10 feet higher CAGiversary!   6719 Posts   Joined 7.7 Years Ago  

Posted 23 February 2019 - 03:55 AM

Might bite the bullet and go premium on BrickSeek next week. I check these threads enough, might as well contribute to them. I should be able to make back the cost pretty quickly

Brickseek premium is def worth it, but not Brickseek extreme. Waste of money IMHO.

#7475 Shad0WeN  

Shad0WeN

Posted 23 February 2019 - 06:09 AM

Brickseek has been accurate for me so far, but I have yet to see any accurate clearance prices on the shelf/price tags. Par for the course for Walmart, sadly.

Indeed, in my experience Walmart is notoriously bad when it comes to having accurate prices displayed on video games. Sad because of their laziness/incompetence and seeming inability to do better, but at the same time not sad because otherwise the item(s) in question may have been gone by the time you made the discovery.

#7476 inverted_fray  

inverted_fray

Posted 23 February 2019 - 07:04 AM

Battlefield 1 Revolution Edition for ps4 is $7.99 at walmart.com

#7477 inverted_fray  

inverted_fray

Posted 23 February 2019 - 07:07 AM

You guys should just do what I do. Find a deal, take advantage of it, THEN post it.

#7478 mdm   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   242 Posts   Joined 16.0 Years Ago  

Posted 23 February 2019 - 12:09 PM

You guys should just do what I do. Find a deal, take advantage of it, THEN post it.

Absolutely seconded.  Simplest, easiest solution to potential hurt feelings.

#7479 PixelDestructor  

PixelDestructor

Posted 23 February 2019 - 03:03 PM

Maybe someone here can help me, I went to my local Walmart yesterday and they have tons of copies of ORAS just sitting around, but they all scan for $40. Every other Walmart in the area had them for $3 but they sold out. I went on Brickseek and the Walmart app and neither of them show ORAS in stock even though they have tons of copies just sitting around. It also doesn’t show Hey Pikmin in stock even though they have those. Weirdly enough, NSMB2 does show in stock for $3 but it was no where to be found.
Given that these games are showing as out of stock, will they ever be marked down since the store’s inventory system thinks they don’t have it?

#7480 moopher   Uvula flicker CAGiversary!   1199 Posts   Joined 6.7 Years Ago  

Posted 23 February 2019 - 03:11 PM

Maybe someone here can help me, I went to my local Walmart yesterday and they have tons of copies of ORAS just sitting around, but they all scan for $40. Every other Walmart in the area had them for $3 but they sold out. I went on Brickseek and the Walmart app and neither of them show ORAS in stock even though they have tons of copies just sitting around. It also doesn’t show Hey Pikmin in stock even though they have those. Weirdly enough, NSMB2 does show in stock for $3 but it was no where to be found.
Given that these games are showing as out of stock, will they ever be marked down since the store’s inventory system thinks they don’t have it?

I noticed my store had other games like this too in the same scenario you’ve described. My guess is it’s unlikely they’ll ever seen a dramatic clearance at that respective store because those units are the casualty of bad inventory accounting. I can’t say for sure, but that’s my guess.

#7481 SephirothWF   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   1008 Posts   Joined 8.3 Years Ago  

SephirothWF

Posted 23 February 2019 - 03:39 PM

Unfortunately no. I've noticed it will always ring as the last price in the system when it was in-stock. Most stores won't put it back in-stock even after this. So the system won't update because there is no item to mark down.

I'd recommend telling a department manager that these are showing out of stock. Maybe in the next day or two they will add it back. Then you need to bide your time.

#7482 duderanch   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   208 Posts   Joined 15.2 Years Ago  

duderanch

Posted 23 February 2019 - 03:43 PM

$3 games aren't as good as the 3 cent games from last year, but I'll take it :)

#7483 SephirothWF   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   1008 Posts   Joined 8.3 Years Ago  

SephirothWF

Posted 23 February 2019 - 03:59 PM

$3 games aren't as good as the 3 cent games from last year, but I'll take it :)

Better ROI for $.03 games, but better net profit for $3 games.

Except for the Kirby's Return to Dreamland I found for $.03.

#7484 PixelDestructor  

PixelDestructor

Posted 23 February 2019 - 06:11 PM

I noticed my store had other games like this too in the same scenario you’ve described. My guess is it’s unlikely they’ll ever seen a dramatic clearance at that respective store because those units are the casualty of bad inventory accounting. I can’t say for sure, but that’s my guess.

Unfortunately no. I've noticed it will always ring as the last price in the system when it was in-stock. Most stores won't put it back in-stock even after this. So the system won't update because there is no item to mark down.

I'd recommend telling a department manager that these are showing out of stock. Maybe in the next day or two they will add it back. Then you need to bide your time.

Thanks for the replies! I'll try letting them know next time I go in, can't hurt to try

#7485 DoubleDam21  

DoubleDam21

Posted 23 February 2019 - 07:37 PM

Got 2 Ruby and 1 Smash Wii U at one and at another they had Sapphire, X, Smash 3DS, Smash Wii U, and Mario Bros 2 but all original price.

#7486 Rockpsl76   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   6 Posts   Joined 9.1 Years Ago  

Rockpsl76

Posted 23 February 2019 - 08:13 PM

My local Walmart (Framingham, MA)  has had a giant bin of "clearance" games out for years.  Of course the "clearance" prices are all the original prices...  For some reason they never seem to sell any of these "clearance" games   :-k

#7487 shiningslade   Master Of Pinball CAGiversary!   789 Posts   Joined 13.6 Years Ago  

shiningslade

Posted 23 February 2019 - 08:19 PM

My local Walmart (Framingham, MA)  has had a giant bin of "clearance" games out for years.  Of course the "clearance" prices are all the original prices...  For some reason they never seem to sell any of these "clearance" games   :-k

I think I was in your Walmart a couple of weeks ago. Is that bin at the back end of the aisle of games? It was overflowing and who the hell wants to dig through that mess! I've been known to empty said bin to the bottom and stack the games on the floor whenever I come across them! :lol:

#7488 shiningslade   Master Of Pinball CAGiversary!   789 Posts   Joined 13.6 Years Ago  

shiningslade

Posted 23 February 2019 - 08:45 PM

Checked PS4 Wolfenstein last night and there was 11 onhand,  checked just now and all gone!! WTF?!

#7489 The_Central_Scrutinizer  

The_Central_Scrutinizer

Posted 23 February 2019 - 08:52 PM

Checked PS4 Wolfenstein last night and there was 11 onhand, checked just now and all gone!! WTF?!

The El Hoardo types have been particularly aggressive this year, or at least it feels that way. My local Walmarts have had a handful of store-specific markdowns since the turn of the year, and they've been bum-rushed within a few hours every time. Hunting down 3-cent games last year was actually easier.

#7490 Chimeratwin  

Chimeratwin

Posted 23 February 2019 - 09:01 PM

No Pokémon but got South Park: Fractured But Whole for $11

#7491 Tricky   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   1571 Posts   Joined 15.9 Years Ago  

Posted 23 February 2019 - 10:06 PM

Only one Walmart near me has it for this price.

South Park: Fractured But Whole Nintendo Switch $7.50

Sku: 430207906

#7492 Blandco   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   267 Posts   Joined 10.5 Years Ago  

Posted 24 February 2019 - 02:16 AM

There were no hits on Brickseek and when I checked my local store yesterday I could find none of the games.  I might check the other Walmart 10 minutes away but I assume they cleared these out.

#7493 Diatribal Deity   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   67 Posts   Joined 10.6 Years Ago  

Diatribal Deity

Posted 24 February 2019 - 02:39 AM

Found the following guides today (all were $3):

Prima Games Mario Kart 8 Deluxe Official Guide

sku=978109934

Super Mario Odyssey: Prima Offical Guide

sku=925719812

Random House Inc Crash Bandicoot N. Sane Trilogy Guide

sku=296624947

Prima Games Wolfenstein II: The New Colossus CE Guide

sku=350492391

There were others out of stock but I did not have a chance to note them all. I seem to miss the majority of clearance games at this location but the guides seem to go unnoticed most of the time. I picked up the Witcher 3 Wild Hunt Complete Guide here some time ago also for a few bucks. They are on a small  end-cap facing the very back of the store in this particular location. I know not penny guides (sigh)...but not too shabby.

#7494 Joe Fongul   Slave to the Grind.. CAGiversary!   1276 Posts   Joined 15.9 Years Ago  

Posted 24 February 2019 - 02:47 AM

Gold I tell you....G O L D! :ps4: Knack $3.00

Also picked up a Super Smash Bros Brawl for $1 as well

The last store I went had an Electronics Clerk repricing everything with about 3 Walmart Employees hovering grabbing various cheap games.

One of the games I noticed they were purchasing was.... :ps4: Star Ocean: Integrity & Faithlessness $8.00

#7495 Joe Fongul   Slave to the Grind.. CAGiversary!   1276 Posts   Joined 15.9 Years Ago  

Posted 24 February 2019 - 03:23 AM

More games for look for:

:xb1: Alien: Isolation $3.00

:ps4: theHunter: Call of the Wild $15.00

:ps4: Eve: Valkyrie $8.00

:ps4: Everybody's Golf $4.00

#7496 The_Central_Scrutinizer  

The_Central_Scrutinizer

Posted 24 February 2019 - 05:09 PM

All quiet on the western front, huh? I was hoping more stores would mark down their games this weekend, but none around me have budged since Friday afternoon. Bummer, Alpha Sapphire for $3 would be fantastic.

#7497 Dojorkan   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   366 Posts   Joined 8.7 Years Ago  

Posted 24 February 2019 - 06:34 PM

One of my local walmarts had Pokemon X/Y/OR/AS in stock. I took the last Y for $3. But X and OR don't show up at all on on brick seek or the app (You can usually scan the price tag through the glass) for this store and AS I was $3 yesterday and went back up to normal price today. I would assume the ones that wont show up in the system would just be manually put to normal price by the employees.

#7498 Sean Price   CAG Veteran Silenced   220 Posts   Joined 10.4 Years Ago  

Sean Price

Posted 24 February 2019 - 11:09 PM

Very well said. I'm not going to fault any dog in this fight, since I can see arguments for either way. I've been guilty of coming across a super cheap item and getting that 'sales high' and buying a couple extra of em out of excitement, getting caught up in the moment. I think that's only being human. But buying a couple isn't the same as buying 20 of em. Re-sellers are a way of life, as you said. All's fair, in love and discounts. Very rarely have I found it profitable to hoard extra copies to re-sell. Maybe some people are pro's at it but in the end, I usually find it more trouble than it's worth. USUALLY. I've gone the other way in the past coupla years, and focus on trying to post about deals I see instead, on CAG. Nice feeling to help other hardcore gamers out, cause I'd hope someone else here would do the same for me.

In general, I've developed a soft spot for Jurai, because I think his heart is in the right place. A shame to see him leave...

THIS, not a reseller but definitly borderline HOARDER, so I try to post deals v/s buy on deals, since I have like 150+ PS3 games in the back catalog thanks to HONESTLY jus strolling into Target and checking out the clearance section..  NOW that my lil on is close to being potty trained I am no longer going to Target weekly for diaper runs and so that along with the previously mentioned 150+ back catalog has tempered my buying..

As far as Jurai goes, I am not sure what his deal is...  1st he SHOWBOATS thats he's a coder and has a personal Brickseek in the works, me starting to explore the world of CODING I latch on to the kid and ask him to expand on all that, more from a learning to code angle and kid dogs me HARDCORE..     Also I  Didn't even know him except that I knew "someone" had DRAMA quit the Target thread, and then i found this thread and turns out that somebody is Jurai.. NOW he DRAMA quitting this thread on the same b.s. 

Its like he blames US for stock being gone..   Like come on man, the peeps that could be snatching all this stuff up could be employee's or "professional" flippers that have NOTHING TO DO WITH CAG or anyone here..

Or it could just be as simple as Inventory being updated or corrected to reflect more accurately stock on hand.. 

I mean sure we have a couple of a$$ hats here that talk about buying 3+ of cheap items, I mean yeah it happens, but who knows, they might be buying for friends and family, ya never know..

its pretty RAME to make it a big deal and then to "ANNOUNCE" that your punishing us by no longer posting.. 

its like come on man.. its the nature of the beast, win some, lose some.. 

BOTTOM LINE IS..

Jurai no longer posting is more hurtful than helpful to the community... the ones that do this for the flip hustle will always find a way.. 

The regular dudes like me, that casually check CAG here and there and that would appreciate a good deal are now gonna miss out..

so thank you Jurai, thank you for basically helping the ones that anger you the most..

oNe

#7499 Sean Price   CAG Veteran Silenced   220 Posts   Joined 10.4 Years Ago  

Sean Price

Posted 24 February 2019 - 11:22 PM

94e7a2b2-a37f-4a92-bcc9-3f60b5f99e10--e20AAWCq_HH5TsDMYxXfElwkg.jpg

^^  This is the only thing worthy in CLEARANCE i saw to post about..   well except for PS4 NHL '17 for $15

any Beyblade expoerts out here?  Lil nephews had a "tournament" at their bday party last week and NOW I am intrigued, seemed super fun and can't stop thinking about them. 

ACTUALLY what really sealed the deal was this video here.. For ex. at 0:53

Man, those things spin like a son of gun, have not seen those any store.  

Anyone know what the heck those are, I mean the things that make the tops spin. 

Anyone know what the best way to get into this world is?  I would need at least 2 of the spinners and I guess some of the tops.   Prices are all over tho on Amazon so jus curious on best way to get started..

oNe

#7500 oldforerunner  

oldforerunner

Posted 24 February 2019 - 11:29 PM

Found the following guides today (all were $3):

Prima Games Mario Kart 8 Deluxe Official Guide

sku=978109934

Super Mario Odyssey: Prima Offical Guide

sku=925719812

Random House Inc Crash Bandicoot N. Sane Trilogy Guide

sku=296624947

Prima Games Wolfenstein II: The New Colossus CE Guide

sku=350492391

There were others out of stock but I did not have a chance to note them all. I seem to miss the majority of clearance games at this location but the guides seem to go unnoticed most of the time. I picked up the Witcher 3 Wild Hunt Complete Guide here some time ago also for a few bucks. They are on a small  end-cap facing the very back of the store in this particular location. I know not penny guides (sigh)...but not too shabby.

Thanks for the heads-up! Just bought a Switch and Mario Odyssey for the wife. It took a visit to 2 Walmarts but picked up the Mario Odyssey guide for $3.