* * * * - 17 votes

Walmart YMMV In Store Clearance Thread I (READ THE FAQs)

#7831 inverted_fray  

inverted_fray

Posted 14 March 2019 - 06:50 AM

Same here. They closed the ones here awhile ago. And even before then they stopped carrying video game merchandise years prior.

The website still sells video games, consoles, and accessories that allow you to pick up in-store for free.

#7832 trchavez416  

trchavez416

Posted 14 March 2019 - 06:09 PM

Had mixed success at a Walmart that was supposed to have multiple copies of certain games and strategy guides for $3. Unfortunately, I could only find two copies of :ps3: The Last of Us from my list, but they did indeed ring up as $3 each: the electronics rep who rang me up sounded more than a little disappointed that he wasn’t buying them himself when he said, “Wow, that’s a good price for that game...only three bucks? What a deal...” No luck finding the multiple copies of :ps3: Batman: Arkham Asylum or Mario Kart 8 Deluxe strategy guide that were supposedly in stock. I may need to try again another day with another employee who has a scanner: I have a feeling this guy wasn’t entirely sure how to run the section, as the older lady who shared electronics kept telling him how stupid he was. I was pretty amused but also felt a little bad for him...this older grandma Walmart rep had zero fraks to give.

#7833 deadtrees   ... CAGiversary!   338 Posts   Joined 13.3 Years Ago  

Posted 14 March 2019 - 06:15 PM

:pc:

Pillars of Eternity II: Deadfire (PC) - $9.93

https://brickseek.co.../?sku=640065776

Comes with Steam key and the cheapest it has been on Steam thus far is $32.99 so I'd say it's a sweet deal at 80% off.

THQNordic's PC ports of Recore, Zoo Tycoon, and Super Lucky's Tale also dropped to $9.93. These don't seem to be in Brickseek or on Wal-Mart's site.

#7834 chnandler_bong   Unofficial CAG Headless Mad Comber of Comb Mountain CAGiversary!   10144 Posts   Joined 8.5 Years Ago  

chnandler_bong

Posted 14 March 2019 - 07:51 PM

THQNordic's PC ports of Recore, Zoo Tycoon, and Super Lucky's Tale also dropped to $9.93. These don't seem to be in Brickseek or on Wal-Mart's site.

Happen to have any UPC codes?

#7835 Shad0WeN  

Shad0WeN

Posted 14 March 2019 - 08:35 PM

Yeah I saw Recore as well. Though I ignored it as I assumed it is a Windows Store game and I have zero interest in dealing with that. Here's the Brickseek link for it though:

Recore: Definitive Edition (PC) - $9.93

https://brickseek.co.../?sku=285840441

#7836 chnandler_bong   Unofficial CAG Headless Mad Comber of Comb Mountain CAGiversary!   10144 Posts   Joined 8.5 Years Ago  

chnandler_bong

Posted 14 March 2019 - 08:39 PM

Yeah I saw Recore as well. Though I ignored it as I assumed it is a Windows Store game and I have zero interest in dealing with that. Here's the Brickseek link for it though:

Recore: Definitive Edition (PC) - $9.93

https://brickseek.co.../?sku=285840441

I'm pretty sure it's for Steam, but the price isn't that great as it retails for $20.

#7837 duderanch   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   201 Posts   Joined 14.7 Years Ago  

duderanch

Posted 15 March 2019 - 12:42 AM

One of my local Walmarts has 89 copies of The Last of Us for PS3 for $3. As I was buying 2 copies for myself, the manager on duty confirmed it to me.

#7838 SephirothWF   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   693 Posts   Joined 7.8 Years Ago  

SephirothWF

Posted 15 March 2019 - 03:15 AM

One of my local Walmarts has 89 copies of The Last of Us for PS3 for $3. As I was buying 2 copies for myself, the manager on duty confirmed it to me.

Buy them all and sit outside selling them for $6 like how the girl scouts sell cookies.

#7839 Shiftygism   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   472 Posts   Joined 8.3 Years Ago  

Posted 15 March 2019 - 09:09 PM

Welp, after ending Savings Catcher for the majority of us last fall, Walmart is pulling the plug altogether on May 14.

That program was almost as cool as GCU.

Shame to see it end.

#7840 JKSonic   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   2658 Posts   Joined 10.7 Years Ago  

Posted 15 March 2019 - 09:16 PM

Welp, after ending Savings Catcher for the majority of us last fall, Walmart is pulling the plug altogether on May 14.

Shame to see it end.

Well that sucks...it's never good when something goes "app only".  WalMarts prices are ok but nothing great, at least this gave some peace of mind.  Oh well, we have an Aldi in town now so not much use for WalMart other than very specific things we either don't like or can't get at Aldi.

#7841 chnandler_bong   Unofficial CAG Headless Mad Comber of Comb Mountain CAGiversary!   10144 Posts   Joined 8.5 Years Ago  

chnandler_bong

Posted 15 March 2019 - 09:46 PM

Shame to see it end.

It sounds like they'll still let you store your receipts on your Walmart account, which lately has been the more useful aspect of the app to me as most of my receipts "can't be matched" lately anyway.

EDIT - From the email they sent me:

Dear Customer,

Here at Walmart, we've always been committed to providing you with low prices every day, so you and your family can save money and live better. Savings Catcher, which compares nationally advertised prices through submitted receipts, was designed to catch occasions when a competitor’s price on a particular item was found to be lower than what you paid for it at Walmart.

What we've learned through Savings Catcher is that our efforts to lower prices upfront on thousands of items across our stores is working. Walmart's prices win most often when you submit your receipts, which tells us that the program's intent has been met.

That's why we have decided to discontinue the Savings Catcher receipt submission, effective May 14, 2019. After May 14, you will no longer be able to submit your Walmart Pay eReceipts to Savings Catcher. But don’t worry, the money you have on your Savings Catcher eGift Card will remain yours to spend until you're ready to use it.

We want to thank you for your loyalty and your participation in the program. We'll continue to work hard to offer you features and services that deliver on our promise to save you time and money—whether you're shopping in our stores or online at Walmart.com.

Questions? Learn more about this change here.

Sincerely,
Your Walmart Savings Catcher Team

#7842 inverted_fray  

inverted_fray

Posted 16 March 2019 - 04:30 AM

So I bought CoD WW2 for the $9.99 price and when I picked it up saw it was the Gold Edition. idk if someone did me a solid, if it was all they had or if they didn't really care, but I'm not complaining.

#7843 chnandler_bong   Unofficial CAG Headless Mad Comber of Comb Mountain CAGiversary!   10144 Posts   Joined 8.5 Years Ago  

chnandler_bong

Posted 16 March 2019 - 04:55 AM

So I bought CoD WW2 for the $9.99 price and when I picked it up saw it was the Gold Edition. idk if someone did me a solid, if it was all they had or if they didn't really care, but I'm not complaining.

I think the regular version is replaced with the Gold version (base game + first map pack) at some point in every CoD game's life cycle.

#7844 inverted_fray  

inverted_fray

Posted 16 March 2019 - 06:34 AM

Order 1886 went down even further to $9.99.

#7845 Romeo   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   4404 Posts   Joined 15.4 Years Ago  

Posted 16 March 2019 - 12:06 PM

Order 1886 went down even further to $9.99.

That’s still in stores? It’s a rental at best, a five hour tech demo on rails.

#7846 skrockij89  

Posted 16 March 2019 - 01:05 PM

That’s still in stores? It’s a rental at best, a five hour tech demo on rails.

I enjoyed the game but yes theres no replay value. Game is an easy platinum, if you’re into that.

#7847 ThatOneGuyWho   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   6308 Posts   Joined 11.2 Years Ago  

ThatOneGuyWho

Posted 16 March 2019 - 02:01 PM

Other than the short game time, The Order 1886 was a fantastic game that was pushed way too early. Sucks since I enjoyed the story but no sequel is going to happen.

#7848 GreyFox787   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   814 Posts   Joined 9.8 Years Ago  

GreyFox787

Posted 16 March 2019 - 09:21 PM

Other than the short game time, The Order 1886 was a fantastic game that was pushed way too early. Sucks since I enjoyed the story but no sequel is going to happen.

Eh, it had great production values, but enemy encounters left a lot to be desired. Especially the werewolves. It doesn't hold up well, but the story is a decent distraction for a day. Would love to see a better game in that universe, but I doubt Sony has much interest.

#7849 kuroi_kenshi   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   182 Posts   Joined 15.6 Years Ago  

kuroi_kenshi

Posted 17 March 2019 - 02:50 AM

I think you're really pushing the boundaries of the definition of fantastic, especially when compared to the other exclusives on the system.

#7850 pan_theonjuno  

pan_theonjuno

Posted 17 March 2019 - 05:48 AM

Forgive if this has already been said by someone else. Just wanted to share:

Probably ye olde YMMV, but I found WWE 2K18 for the switch in the clearance bin for $5.00.
Trade-in is pretty nice at that price, at least at Gamestop. Please see below:

IMG_20190316_232416576.jpg PicsArt_03-17-12.29.17.png

Also, picked up Bomberman and Lego Ninjago Movie for the Switch, as well, both for $10.00 each. Not sure if that's great or not, but my kids will enjoy them, so good enough for me.

I also saw Pio Explorer Editiom...or was that Poi?...can't remember, L.A. Noire, Cave Story (although it was $20.00), and a Zelda Trifroce 3DS and Animal Crossing Happy Home Designer, both also for $10.00.

Well, that's all I can remember. As always, thanks to everyone for posting helpful things.

Take care, poeple.

#7851 ThatOneGuyWho   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   6308 Posts   Joined 11.2 Years Ago  

ThatOneGuyWho

Posted 17 March 2019 - 06:26 AM

I think you're really pushing the boundaries of the definition of fantastic, especially when compared to the other exclusives on the system.

Not really. It was fantastic, for me. Just my opinion and I understand others may have a different opinion on it and that's fine too. 

For the time it came out and what it accomplished, it was fantastic, to me. The game was also too short, gunplay wasn't on par with other shooters and boss battles being on rails wasn't one of it's highlights. But it's animation, graphics, world and characters did shine, to me. 

It was a fault of being rushed to release due to there being very few exclusives for the PS4 at it's time. Is it one of the best PS4 games, no, but to me, it was fantastic for what was accomplished by that studio in that short development time.

I know you aren't interested in the game but Polygon did an article with the devs a few months ago talking about the games shortcomings, what they learned and what's to come next for Ready At Dawn. https://www.polygon....6-ready-at-dawn

#7852 DrBayrd  

Posted 17 March 2019 - 03:50 PM

:ps4: Rayman legends $3.
Great find- brought one to keep and some to trade at
StopGame this weekend.

#7853 snacks28217   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   489 Posts   Joined 7.6 Years Ago  

snacks28217

Posted 17 March 2019 - 04:57 PM

:ps4: Rayman legends $3.
Great find- brought one to keep and some to trade at
StopGame this weekend.

Sell 1?

#7854 skrockij89  

Posted 17 March 2019 - 05:28 PM

Picked up an extra copy of Pokemon X. Looking to trade for other 3DS games. 

#7855 SephirothWF   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   693 Posts   Joined 7.8 Years Ago  

SephirothWF

Posted 17 March 2019 - 05:29 PM

Picked up an extra copy of Pokemon X. Looking to trade for other 3DS games.

Sending PM

#7856 WarGames92  

WarGames92

Posted 17 March 2019 - 07:30 PM

a34f2289b75dd8b7ecb89d0cb8a744b2.jpg

Don't have Brickseek links, as I'm traveling, but I went to a Walmart for FIFA 18, and found Nickelodeon Kart Racer and Hello Neighbor: Hide & Seek as pleasant surprises.

#7857 PixelDestructor  

PixelDestructor

Posted 18 March 2019 - 02:53 AM

Finally managed to get some good clearance deals at my local Walmart! Picked up Knack 2 and We Happy Few (to flip), but I saw the following:

:xb1:  :ps4: Madden 17 - $5

:xb1:  :ps4: Madden 18 - $10

:ps4: Knack 2 - $5

:xb1: Naruto to Boruto: Shinobi Striker - $10

:3ds: Hey, Pikmin! - $15

:3ds: Bravely Second: End Layer - $15

:wiiu:  Just Dance 2019 - $30

:ps4: We Happy Few - $10 (trades for $21 at GS w/ Elite Pro)

:ps4: Fallout 4 GOTY - $15

:switch: FIFA 19 - $30

:ps4: The Evil Within 2 - $7

#7858 trchavez416  

trchavez416

Posted 18 March 2019 - 04:24 AM

Finally had some real success with Walmart clearance for the first time in a while. Went to a store in Lancaster, CA that was supposed to be stocked w/ goodies, and they didn’t disappoint:
89e7129098ab4d108ae791c627623287.jpg
All of the games I got had been mentioned here before (I think) except for :ps4: Final Fantasy XV: Deluxe Edition ($17), :wiiu: The Legend of Kay Anniversary ($7) and :wiiu: Rodea: The Sky Soldier ($7). The also had multiple copies of :360: and :xb1: The Wolf Among Us, but the electronics rep (who was super helpful and might have been the best WM employee I’ve ever met) didn’t want to sell me multiple 3¢ games without manager approval lest he get in trouble. Choosing not to press my luck, I left the 3¢ games alone, bought the pictured eight games for under $60 and happily went on my way.

#7859 Romeo   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   4404 Posts   Joined 15.4 Years Ago  

Posted 18 March 2019 - 04:57 AM

I haven’t seen a FF XV deluxe in ages. I presume it was the only copy?

#7860 trchavez416  

trchavez416

Posted 18 March 2019 - 02:40 PM

I haven’t seen a FF XV deluxe in ages. I presume it was the only copy?

Actually, there were at least two that I saw behind the glass: I bought one and left the other there. I wasn’t sure as to the real value of the game since I’ve heard so many conflicting things about FFXV, but I figured one copy at $17 with (I’m assuming) most/all of the DLC was worth taking a chance on.