* * * * - 17 votes

Walmart YMMV In Store Clearance Thread I (READ THE FAQs)

#7861 shadowysea07   Cjenvy I'm ready for you awd this time I'm wearing pants CAGiversary!   4582 Posts   Joined 5.9 Years Ago  

shadowysea07

Posted 18 March 2019 - 03:24 PM

I believe the royal edition is the one with more of the dlc but not all of it since they had planned on milking the shit out of that game only to cancel the remainder of the dlc besides 1 thing iirc.

#7862 Romeo   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   4461 Posts   Joined 15.5 Years Ago  

Posted 18 March 2019 - 03:43 PM

I believe the royal edition is the one with more of the dlc but not all of it since they had planned on milking the shit out of that game only to cancel the remainder of the dlc besides 1 thing iirc.

I was going to purchase the Royal edition last year, then heard talks of a real 'complete' version coming out this year. Is the Royal version the definitive release now?

#7863 FlawlesslyFatal   $15 or less CAGiversary!   1421 Posts   Joined 6.8 Years Ago  

FlawlesslyFatal

Posted 18 March 2019 - 04:11 PM

Actually, there were at least two that I saw behind the glass: I bought one and left the other there. I wasn’t sure as to the real value of the game since I’ve heard so many conflicting things about FFXV, but I figured one copy at $17 with (I’m assuming) most/all of the DLC was worth taking a chance on.

It is not a terrible game, just a very different Final Fantasy from anything before, with a lot less recurring element from the series: less spell and less summoning. To top that story doesn't flow very well. DLCs in the Deluxe Edition are useless though, you pretty much paid for the base game, the film and the steelbook.

Sent from my SM-N950U1 using Tapatalk

#7864 Romeo   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   4461 Posts   Joined 15.5 Years Ago  

Posted 18 March 2019 - 04:21 PM

It is not a terrible game, just a very different Final Fantasy from anything before, with a lot less recurring element from the series: less spell and less summoning. To top that story doesn't flow very well. DLCs in the Deluxe Edition are useless though, you pretty much paid for the base game, the film and the steelbook.

The more I read about FF XV, the more I don't want it. The negative is way overpowering the positive comments, from how slow it is, bad writing, and plainly just not fun. And as you said, the deluxe steelbook has less content than the current Royal edition, so buying that leaves you with half a game.

#7865 The Gray Fox  

The Gray Fox

Posted 18 March 2019 - 04:30 PM

my own thoughts on FF XV. it's somewhat similar to ffXIII, in that it has two halves that are wildly dissimilar. For the first 20 to 30 hoirs of 15, i was having an absolute blast. i loved the characters and the bromance story, the open world, and the combat. honestly i thought it was one of the best open world rpgs i had ever played. then you hit a certain point in the main story where it becomes completely linear for another 20 or so hours, the story takes several bizarre, depressing, and frustrating turns, and the final 5 to 10 hours were a nigh-unbearable slog.

#7866 FlawlesslyFatal   $15 or less CAGiversary!   1421 Posts   Joined 6.8 Years Ago  

FlawlesslyFatal

Posted 18 March 2019 - 04:42 PM

and the final 5 to 10 hours were a nigh-unbearable slog.

Endgame area truly a pain to traverse, imo the final boss fight is a huge let down, given how all the bosses right before him put up even more entertaining bouts.

#7867 Romeo   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   4461 Posts   Joined 15.5 Years Ago  

Posted 18 March 2019 - 04:47 PM

my own thoughts on FF XV. it's somewhat similar to ffXIII, in that it has two halves that are wildly dissimilar. For the first 20 to 30 hoirs of 15, i was having an absolute blast. i loved the characters and the bromance story, the open world, and the combat. honestly i thought it was one of the best open world rpgs i had ever played. then you hit a certain point in the main story where it becomes completely linear for another 20 or so hours, the story takes several bizarre, depressing, and frustrating turns, and the final 5 to 10 hours were a nigh-unbearable slog.

Endgame area truly a pain to traverse, imo the final boss fight is a huge let down, given how all the bosses right before him put up even more entertaining bouts.

As a long time FF fan, and having skipped XV primarily due to time and wanting to buy a true 'complete' game, not in piece meal, would you recommend XV? Or is it a bastardized entry into the franchise that isn't worth ones time?

#7868 FlawlesslyFatal   $15 or less CAGiversary!   1421 Posts   Joined 6.8 Years Ago  

FlawlesslyFatal

Posted 18 March 2019 - 05:10 PM

As a long time FF fan, and having skipped XV primarily due to time and wanting to buy a true 'complete' game, not in piece meal, would you recommend XV? Or is it a bastardized entry into the franchise that isn't worth ones time?

It'll grow on you, eventually you'll tolerate and look past all the shortcomings of the game. It is not forgettable as Lightning Returns entry, at the very least I would consider XV as tolerable. Royal Edition is as complete as it gonna get, I don't think Squeenix would repackage it again for another release.

While the Kingsglaive is an essential supplement to the lore, the way both the game and the film were written, it is really hard to determine the best time to view it without spoiling the details.

#7869 The Gray Fox  

The Gray Fox

Posted 18 March 2019 - 05:43 PM

i cant vouch for any of the dlc, but yes i still would recommend XV. the open world stuff was really truly a delight. but, if it wouldn't offend your gamer sensibilities, my advice would be to get as much as you can out of the first few chapters (anx theres a whole lot to do, youll be at it for a while) , and then after it becomes linear (i wanna say it was around chapter 8?) juat go ahead and stop, and if you wanna see how the story ends, juat watch it on youtube. juat my opinion though. i had a buddy who said he liked the whole story. but if i could give my past self advice, thats what i would do.

#7870 JKSonic   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   2665 Posts   Joined 10.8 Years Ago  

Posted 18 March 2019 - 05:52 PM

The hate for FFXV definitely surprises me, I can't help but think it's mostly a situation of people just not wanting change.  While I do agree I'd love to see a more traditional FF next (although Octopath Traveler is a good option for now), 15 was actually pretty awesome as far as I played.  The story was a bit wonky but watching the movie helps a lot (a LOT), and the world itself is really cool.  Eh, to each their own I guess and I haven't finished it yet so my opinion may very well change  once I get back to it.

#7871 Romeo   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   4461 Posts   Joined 15.5 Years Ago  

Posted 18 March 2019 - 05:57 PM

The hate for FFXV definitely surprises me, I can't help but think it's mostly a situation of people just not wanting change.  While I do agree I'd love to see a more traditional FF next (although Octopath Traveler is a good option for now), 15 was actually pretty awesome as far as I played.  The story was a bit wonky but watching the movie helps a lot (a LOT), and the world itself is really cool.  Eh, to each their own I guess and I haven't finished it yet so my opinion may very well change  once I get back to it.

Is the movie part of the Royal edition, or does that just include all of the DLC? I know the Deluxe steelbook came with the movie, yet that's only half a game from what's out today.

#7872 chnandler_bong   Unofficial CAG Headless Mad Comber of Comb Mountain CAGiversary!   10228 Posts   Joined 8.5 Years Ago  

chnandler_bong

Posted 18 March 2019 - 06:20 PM

Is the movie part of the Royal edition, or does that just include all of the DLC? I know the Deluxe steelbook came with the movie, yet that's only half a game from what's out today.

The Royal Edition does not include the movie.

#7873 Romeo   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   4461 Posts   Joined 15.5 Years Ago  

Posted 18 March 2019 - 06:42 PM

The Royal Edition does not include the movie.

So from what I'm figuring out, there is no real complete edition to date. Some say the movie ties into the story, yet the Royal edition lacks the movie. This game seems like a shit show.

#7874 chnandler_bong   Unofficial CAG Headless Mad Comber of Comb Mountain CAGiversary!   10228 Posts   Joined 8.5 Years Ago  

chnandler_bong

Posted 18 March 2019 - 06:53 PM

So from what I'm figuring out, there is no real complete edition to date. Some say the movie ties into the story, yet the Royal edition lacks the movie. This game seems like a shit show.

The movie provides some insight into the actions during the game, but as far as a complete edition for the game only the Royal Edition is that.

#7875 lionheart059   CAG in Training CAGiversary!   491 Posts   Joined 6.4 Years Ago  

lionheart059

Posted 18 March 2019 - 06:59 PM

The base game is a complete game.  Out of the character-centric DLC episodes, I only found one to really be important to the storyline, and it was the last one released.  The other two are just filler to try a different gameplay style (slower, combo based melee combat for one, and third person shooter for the other).  I played the entire main game long before the DLC dropped and never felt like I was getting an incomplete experience - Tho there is one chapter that was like driving into a brick wall because it was just such an abrupt change to everything.  It's since been fixed in a patch (for everyone, IIRC, not just people with the DLC packs)

I'm a long time FF fan since getting FF1 on the NES at KB Toys as a kid.  It's worth playing and deciding for yourself if you enjoy it or not - I thought it was entertaining, and liked it quite a bit more than the FFXIII Trilogy.  But I know other folks who have the same fandom that I do who didn't like it because of the changes to the FF formula.

#7876 shadowysea07   Cjenvy I'm ready for you awd this time I'm wearing pants CAGiversary!   4582 Posts   Joined 5.9 Years Ago  

shadowysea07

Posted 18 March 2019 - 07:10 PM

They patched a number of things into the game long after it released.  https://finalfantasy...tasy_XV_patches

I wasn't even aware of most of these just the ending and a few chapters were changed or removed, the ability to control party members, summoning monsters and exp increase/decrease options and a few other odds and ends.  Seems like playing this game unpatched in the future would be an entirely different experience.  Also seems like they had some timed events too bad.

They put monster truck tires on the car so it can go off road?  my god it looks ridiculous. 

Wow I'm surprised the most recent patch was in december of just last year.  

#7877 inverted_fray  

inverted_fray

Posted 19 March 2019 - 02:13 AM

Speaking of Sears, If anybody was thinking about buying these Nintendo Switch Bundles from Walmart.com, just FYI they're much cheaper at Sears of all places.

- Nintendo Switch in Gray With Sleeves and Accessories Bundle

Walmart - $493.66 / Sears - $399.99

- Nintendo Switch in Red and Blue with Sleeves and Accessories

Walmart - $506.32/ $501.26 + Pickup / Sears - $399.99

- Nintendo Switch in Gray with Zelda Sleeves and Accessories

Walmart - $570.89/ $565.18 + Pickup / Sears - $459.99

Still overpriced though imo.

#7878 YoshiFan1   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   9936 Posts   Joined 15.4 Years Ago  

Posted 19 March 2019 - 02:55 AM

If only the ShopYourWay points won from contests didn't expire for 14 days from when they are won. Even if they are overpriced, I'd save up points for 6 months to be able to get a console for free.

#7879 d8onausa   Hornet CAGiversary!   409 Posts   Joined 13.6 Years Ago  

d8onausa

Posted 19 March 2019 - 08:54 PM

:pc:

Pillars of Eternity II: Deadfire (PC) - $9.93

https://brickseek.co.../?sku=640065776

Comes with Steam key and the cheapest it has been on Steam thus far is $32.99 so I'd say it's a sweet deal at 80% off.

Thanks for this.  Found one at the second-closest store to me.

#7880 ricotito23  

ricotito23

Posted 21 March 2019 - 08:12 PM

IMG-20190321-WA0001.jpg

#7881 cactustrav77   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   134 Posts   Joined 11.4 Years Ago  

cactustrav77

Posted 21 March 2019 - 08:20 PM

IMG-20190321-WA0001.jpg

Been looking for pillars of eternity but uts $20 around me.

#7882 Romeo   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   4461 Posts   Joined 15.5 Years Ago  

Posted 21 March 2019 - 08:20 PM

Very lucky ricotito. Most of those are $19 and up in my area, within 100 miles.

#7883 ilovexboxone   video game master CAGiversary!   484 Posts   Joined 1.2 Years Ago  

ilovexboxone

Posted 21 March 2019 - 09:36 PM

any xbox one verisons of them games?

#7884 gatordeve86   CAG Master CAGiversary!   1010 Posts   Joined 6.6 Years Ago  

gatordeve86

Posted 22 March 2019 - 12:13 AM

my walmart finally dropped Guitar Hero Aerosmith (360) from 39.xx to $1

#7885 Opelousai  

Opelousai

Posted 22 March 2019 - 02:48 AM

Was checking random games for clearance prices and came across Wipeout Omega Collection for $9.88

Wipeout Omega Collection $9.98 PS4

https://brickseek.co...er?sku=55701694

#7886 ricotito23  

ricotito23

Posted 22 March 2019 - 03:03 AM

any xbox one verisons of them games?

No

#7887 Josef   Touched the dead CAGiversary!   12217 Posts   Joined 15.1 Years Ago  

Posted 22 March 2019 - 04:25 AM

Was checking random games for clearance prices and came across Wipeout Omega Collection for $9.88

Wipeout Omega Collection $9.98 PS4

https://brickseek.co...er?sku=55701694

Nice find.  Appears to be universal (at least by me).

#7888 SephirothWF   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   733 Posts   Joined 7.8 Years Ago  

SephirothWF

Posted 22 March 2019 - 04:35 AM

Add Animal Crossing Amiibo Festival to the $3 list

https://brickseek.co...er?sku=45736668

#7889 Opelousai  

Opelousai

Posted 22 March 2019 - 06:03 AM

I noticed alot of clearance games went further down in price. Picked up game of thrones for ps3 $1. Also found Horizon Zero down for $5.

Oh and looking at brickseek No Man's Sky for PS4 is $9.88 as well

#7890 gatordeve86   CAG Master CAGiversary!   1010 Posts   Joined 6.6 Years Ago  

gatordeve86

Posted 22 March 2019 - 01:13 PM

Add Animal Crossing Amiibo Festival to the $3 list
https://brickseek.co...er?sku=45736668

WM near me has 30 of them at $1