* * * * - 18 votes

Walmart YMMV In Store Clearance Thread I (READ THE FAQs)

#7921 Opelousai  

Opelousai

Posted 23 March 2019 - 06:18 PM

Thanks for the info on backroom. This walmart is showing multiple games each with 2 or 3 in stock through brickseek. I was able to get a worker to go to the back and grab me a copy of Super Mario Bros Wii. Store is still showing 2 in stock

#7922 erehwon   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   3124 Posts   Joined 15.4 Years Ago  

Posted 23 March 2019 - 09:09 PM

Thanks for the info.  I picked up Fire Emblem Fates: Conquest and SMT Devil Survivor 2 for $9 each, Wolfenstein new world order for $1, and Rodea for $3.

They had no mans sky and the king's quest collection for cheap as well.  I'm debating on picking those up.

I picked up wolfenstein a week or two ago for $3.  I think I'll try returning that since I found a  copy for $1.

#7923 Shad0WeN  

Shad0WeN

Posted 23 March 2019 - 09:52 PM

Anyone have insight on how Walmart's backroom works? Is it like target where each shelf has a letter and number and they can see if its stocked back there? Or are things just back there randomly? Asking cause i am so sure a walmart near me has alot of clearance games in the back

Judging by how often I am unable to find something that Brickseek (or their own website/app) shows them to have on hand and how employees almost always seem to refuse to look in the back and generally be unhelpful, my mental image of the stock room has become one akin to the clearance aisle in the store after a tornado has gone through it. I mean in my mind that would be the only somewhat acceptable excuse. I've worked shitty retail jobs before too but I was never as lazy and incompetent as these people and took pride in my work and customer service, whether it was for a $500 sale or a $5 one. You never know when someone could come back to make a large purchase or big ticket/higher profit margin items from you.

#7924 trchavez416  

trchavez416

Posted 23 March 2019 - 11:17 PM

Same store, unless it is the cheaper price at your local store

Darn, that's what I thought. I think my WM has some of them at the lower price point, but not the one's the dropped the most, mainly FFXV deluxe. We'll see what I decide to do. Also, a big thank you to everyone who keeps dropping by with new games or pricing on old finds. I'm trying to keep my mega post as up-to-date as possible, so I just redid it again today. Check it out here if you might have missed it before:

https://www.cheapass...2#entry14136011

#7925 The_Central_Scrutinizer  

The_Central_Scrutinizer

Posted 24 March 2019 - 12:14 AM

As surprisingly great as these clearance deals have been, it's also bittersweet because it means that the odds of another $0.03 bonanza happening are even lower now.

If Walmart did this the old way and left non-movers like Pokken U, Bravely Second, etc. out to rot at full MSRP, maybe we could have seen some 3-cent magic happen in a year or two. Or 10. 😂

#7926 moopher   Uvula flicker CAGiversary!   1171 Posts   Joined 6.3 Years Ago  

Posted 24 March 2019 - 04:21 AM

Found a tag for Legend of Korra marked down to .03¢ today.

#7927 WeaponX2099   You walk on the subway CAGiversary!   5422 Posts   Joined 15.3 Years Ago  

WeaponX2099

Posted 24 March 2019 - 04:29 AM

If you want it Shape Up for X1 is a $3 game in most places 

https://brickseek.co...er?sku=37652842

#7928 SephirothWF   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   740 Posts   Joined 7.9 Years Ago  

SephirothWF

Posted 24 March 2019 - 05:15 AM

Found a tag for Legend of Korra marked down to .03¢ today.

This is one of the $.03 games from last year. There are a lot more and someone recently recreated the list of all the titles. Wish I would have bookmarked it.

#7929 SephirothWF   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   740 Posts   Joined 7.9 Years Ago  

SephirothWF

Posted 24 March 2019 - 05:24 AM

If anyone happened to grab an extra Smash 3DS, send me a PM for trade.

#7930 Noshow21  

Noshow21

Posted 24 March 2019 - 06:35 PM

Looks like some stores are restocking the clearance games in my area when I checked Brickseek today. I got Last of Us on Ps3 for $1 and Alpha Sapphire for $3. If anyone else wants to check, then Pokemon Super Mystery Dungeon was on clearance at $19 and Ace Combat Assault Horizon Legacy Plus was on sale for $9.

#7931 trchavez416  

trchavez416

Posted 25 March 2019 - 09:22 PM

This is one of the $.03 games from last year. There are a lot more and someone recently recreated the list of all the titles. Wish I would have bookmarked it.

That would be me. :D By the way, it turns out I missed a bunch of the three cent games the first time, so I went back and updated that post as well. It should be more or less complete now, but please let me know if any others scan at that price so I can keep this list current as well. There are still deals to be found, friends!

$0.03 games - https://www.cheapass...aqs/?p=14140364

#7932 The Gray Fox  

The Gray Fox

Posted 25 March 2019 - 09:53 PM

you're a credit to the CAG community chavez. many thanks

#7933 addicted2games   游戏玩家为生活 !! CAGiversary!   3942 Posts   Joined 14.8 Years Ago  

addicted2games

Posted 25 March 2019 - 11:29 PM

you're a credit to the CAG community chavez. many thanks

If we had CAG of the month awards, he would be one of the first nominated.

#7934 SephirothWF   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   740 Posts   Joined 7.9 Years Ago  

SephirothWF

Posted 25 March 2019 - 11:44 PM

You mean Jurai. Its thanks to him.

#7935 shadowysea07   Cjenvy I'm ready for you awd this time I'm wearing pants CAGiversary!   4582 Posts   Joined 5.9 Years Ago  

shadowysea07

Posted 26 March 2019 - 02:08 AM

You mean Jurai. Its thanks to him.

considering jurai no longer posts here deals wise but didn't post all the links in general or go to the trouble of making this compiled list they do not deserve credit for this persons work.  I'm not going to look through all the games in the list but just the first one wasn't provided by jurai as an example so no it is not thanks to them.  It's thanks to multiple people.  

#7936 mrclutch   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   4139 Posts   Joined 7.8 Years Ago  

Posted 26 March 2019 - 02:27 AM

You guys are all great!!

#7937 addicted2games   游戏玩家为生活 !! CAGiversary!   3942 Posts   Joined 14.8 Years Ago  

addicted2games

Posted 26 March 2019 - 03:03 AM

You guys are all great!!

cb4f2df449c41ddf95b8c66b7dede017.gif

#7938 trchavez416  

trchavez416

Posted 26 March 2019 - 03:18 AM

I honestly don’t care about the credit: I always try to give credit where credit is due, and I can say I’ve definitely benefited from Jurai’s posts when he was sharing here before. All I wanted to do was have a list of games in one or more posts so that members here had an organized place to check for what they’d might like. Going through the posts really wasn’t a big deal...I was already looking for stuff I might have missed the first time through, so it didn’t take much to document the items and the BrickSeek links that may not have been done originally. The most challenging part might have been keeping everything alphabetized

#7939 The Gray Fox  

The Gray Fox

Posted 26 March 2019 - 03:57 AM

My short Wal Mart horror story.  Last night (Sunday) around 9:00ish pm, I noticed a post above from NoShow21, indicating that some stores may have potentially restocked some of the coveted, elusive, and super-cheap clearance games that anyone reading this post has undoubtedly been hunting.  Having no better way to spend the evening, I took it upon myself to once again plumb the depths of brickseek in search of treasure.  I consulted said oracle, with low expectations.  To my surprise, my searches revealed two possible prizes ($5 Quantum Break, and $9 RE Origins).  Both games showing Low Inventory at a Wal Mart about 10 minutes away, in an area of somewhat, shall we say, ill local repute.  The late hour notwithstanding, and feeling a certain craving for Panda Express (known to be in close proximity to the store) I prepared myself for the journey.  As I gathered my shoes and jacket, I gave a brief explanation to my fiance as to the purpose of my sudden egress.  "You think that store's inventory is anywhere close to accurate?  There is no chance you are going to find those" she warned.  I kissed her on the forehead, and in my best Han Solo voice (which isn't good), I exclaimed "Never tell me the odds!" and bounded out the door with high spirits.  As I pulled into the parking lot, my enthusiasm immediately began to fade.  I had made a terrible mistake.  Car alarms and stereos blared.  Not one, but two of the blue emergency lightposts lit up the lot.  Still, I had come this far, and I was determined to at least attempt to find those games.  I parked my car on the outskirts of the lot and began walking towards the store.  The lot was a whirlwind of blowing garbage, dank, slimy puddles, and horrid smells that can only be described as “sewage-like”.  A truck passing in front of the store blew through the stop sign and came within about 3 feet of hitting me.  As I entered the store, I was greeted by both a disinterested young employee, and a smell of body odor/marijuana.  The screams and cries of what sounded like it must have been no less than a half dozen children echoed from the distant corners of the auto supply department to the far reaches of the bakery/delicatessen.  I pressed on.  As I neared the electronics department, I passed several other stink-eyed employees, a young man carrying what appeared to be a human head made out of Styrofoam, and a group of 3 teenagers wearing giant Easter bunny masks.  My search of the gaming racks yielded no clearance games, and nothing else of interest.  The only employee in sight was at the counter, and she had a line of 4 people already waiting.  At this point, I decided to abandon the adventure.  As I returned to my car, I told myself that I would NEVER return to this particular Wal Mart……..I mean, unless there was like some really really good deal of course.

Oh, and Panda Express?  It was closed.

#7940 mdm   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   221 Posts   Joined 15.6 Years Ago  

Posted 26 March 2019 - 04:13 AM

My short Wal Mart horror story.  Last night (Sunday) around 9:00ish pm, I noticed a post above from NoShow21, indicating that some stores may have potentially restocked some of the coveted, elusive, and super-cheap clearance games that anyone reading this post has undoubtedly been hunting.  Having no better way to spend the evening, I took it upon myself to once again plumb the depths of brickseek in search of treasure.  I consulted said oracle, with low expectations.  To my surprise, my searches revealed two possible prizes ($5 Quantum Break, and $9 RE Origins).  Both games showing Low Inventory at a Wal Mart about 10 minutes away, in an area of somewhat, shall we say, ill local repute.  The late hour notwithstanding, and feeling a certain craving for Panda Express (known to be in close proximity to the store) I prepared myself for the journey.  As I gathered my shoes and jacket, I gave a brief explanation to my fiance as to the purpose of my sudden egress.  "You think that store's inventory is anywhere close to accurate?  There is no chance you are going to find those" she warned.  I kissed her on the forehead, and in my best Han Solo voice (which isn't good), I exclaimed "Never tell me the odds!" and bounded out the door with high spirits.  As I pulled into the parking lot, my enthusiasm immediately began to fade.  I had made a terrible mistake.  Car alarms and stereos blared.  Not one, but two of the blue emergency lightposts lit up the lot.  Still, I had come this far, and I was determined to at least attempt to find those games.  I parked my car on the outskirts of the lot and began walking towards the store.  The lot was a whirlwind of blowing garbage, dank, slimy puddles, and horrid smells that can only be described as “sewage-like”.  A truck passing in front of the store blew through the stop sign and came within about 3 feet of hitting me.  As I entered the store, I was greeted by both a disinterested young employee, and a smell of body odor/marijuana.  The screams and cries of what sounded like it must have been no less than a half dozen children echoed from the distant corners of the auto supply department to the far reaches of the bakery/delicatessen.  I pressed on.  As I neared the electronics department, I passed several other stink-eyed employees, a young man carrying what appeared to be a human head made out of Styrofoam, and a group of 3 teenagers wearing giant Easter bunny masks.  My search of the gaming racks yielded no clearance games, and nothing else of interest.  The only employee in sight was at the counter, and she had a line of 4 people already waiting.  At this point, I decided to abandon the adventure.  As I returned to my car, I told myself that I would NEVER return to this particular Wal Mart……..I mean, unless there was like some really really good deal of course.

When the games are $3 what do you expect?

Frankly I think it's cool that Walmart employs the otherwise unemployable, all in all a heartwarming tale of adventure, A+

#7941 SephirothWF   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   740 Posts   Joined 7.9 Years Ago  

SephirothWF

Posted 26 March 2019 - 04:31 AM

Panda Express would have made it worth it. Sorry friend.

#7942 Nothing-   Tomorrow King - Interloper Kai CAGiversary!   8117 Posts   Joined 7.6 Years Ago  

Posted 26 March 2019 - 05:16 AM

Holy shit that was a boring story.

#7943 geekygreulich  

geekygreulich

Posted 26 March 2019 - 02:33 PM

Picked up Fallout 3 GOTY (X360/XB1) for $1  (https://brickseek.co...r/?sku=10928028) and Fallout New Vegas: Ultimate Edition (X360/XB1) for $7 (https://brickseek.co...r/?sku=19613290) yesterday.  I also found the previously posted Lego Batman 3 (WiiU) for $5.

#7944 Tax   The Project CAGiversary!   183 Posts   Joined 13.8 Years Ago  

Posted 26 March 2019 - 02:54 PM

Mundane story

I logged in just to tell you how upset I am for wasting my time reading your story.

#7945 The Gray Fox  

The Gray Fox

Posted 26 March 2019 - 03:25 PM

haha. my apologies then, for subjecting the board to such a laborious paragraph. next time i'll toss in a gunfight or a celebrity sighting to spice things up. Probably Emilio Estevez. Actually, definitely Emilio Estevez.

#7946 SephirothWF   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   740 Posts   Joined 7.9 Years Ago  

SephirothWF

Posted 26 March 2019 - 03:50 PM

You owe us all Panda Express.

#7947 Bezerker   Bezerker Barrage! CAGiversary!   6978 Posts   Joined 13.7 Years Ago  

Posted 26 March 2019 - 05:22 PM

Lol,  an employee finally discovered that Smash bros Wii U was on clearance at my local store so it was pulled from the glass case and vanished into the void.  Also found out that my store is now missing 38 DIGITAL copies of Kingdom hearts 3 that are on clearance.  

Some weird shit going on at my store.  I know when I last saw Smash Bros in the glass case, so I guess i just need to get Asset Protection to check the cameras for when they were pulled and follow it to wherever it disappears in the back room.

#7948 SephirothWF   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   740 Posts   Joined 7.9 Years Ago  

SephirothWF

Posted 26 March 2019 - 05:47 PM

Found a copy of the original Fortnite release at my store.

Immediately took it to my local mom n' pop.

#7949 FlawlesslyFatal   $15 or less CAGiversary!   1425 Posts   Joined 6.8 Years Ago  

FlawlesslyFatal

Posted 26 March 2019 - 05:56 PM

Also found out that my store is now missing 38 DIGITAL copies of Kingdom hearts 3 that are on clearance.

Some weird shit going on at my store. I know when I last saw Smash Bros in the glass case, so I guess i just need to get Asset Protection to check the cameras for when they were pulled and follow it to wherever it disappears in the back room.

Sony ending the distribution of digital game codes at other retailers starting April 1st, one guess is that store pulled those digital cards early.

Sent from my SM-N950U1 using Tapatalk

#7950 Warruz  

Posted 26 March 2019 - 06:05 PM

Is this in Jersey? This Walmart, regardless of the fanciful tale you have told, sounds familiar.